Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd (2441 Views)

"I Saw Real Joy And Excitement In Kaduna Today — Atiku Abubakar / Osinbajo And Obiano On A Boat In Otuocha, Anambra (Photo) / Work Begins At The Presidential Villa In Abuja After Rats Infestation. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by deji17: 7:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
Excitement in Anambra as work begins on abandoned Otuocha- Anam – Kogi federal road

FEBRUARY 14, 2018

By Vincent Ujumadu AWKA

-THERE was excitement in Anambra West Local Government Area of Anambra State following the return to site of the contractor handling the Otuocha-Anam-Kogi federal road abandoned several years ago. *Representative of Nigercat briefing Nwoye and community leaders at the project site. Before the project was abandoned in 2009, a whopping N2.5 billion was said to have been spent on the road with nothing to show for it. However, following the efforts of the member representing Anambra East and West in the House of Representatives, Dr. Tony Nwoye, who facilitated the release of funds to the contractor by the executive arm of government, work has resumed in earnest.

Nwoye, who inspected the project with officials of the Federal Ministry of Works and community leaders in the area said the National Assembly has approved N1.8 billion to be spent on the road this fiscal year, with assurance that funds would continue to be released to ensure that work would continue ceaselessly until it was completed. When South-East Voice visited the area, the contractor, Nigercat Ltd, was working on a major bridge along the road. It is expected that when completed, journey from Anambra State to Abuja would be reduced to about three hours, instead of about seven hours which it presently takes from Anambra, through Enugu to Benue and then Kogi to Abuja. Hon. Nwoye said he decided to make the road his constituency priority project because the people of the area, who are mainly farmers, were suffering so much as they often found it difficult to transport their produce to the cities at the end of every farming season due to bad roads. Nwoye said: “This is not a political matter. It is something that is very dear to me because I remember the support the people of Anambra West gave me when I contested election. “I have been meeting stakeholders to find a solution to the road as I am determined to ensure its completion and I am very happy that the contractors have moved to site. “We inspected this road on December 7, 2017 with officials of the Federal Ministry of Works because I am very much worried about its condition. The people of this local government are the most marginalised in the state and I believe that opening up this road will help to boost the economy of the people of the area. *Traditional rulers from Anambra West during the meeting with Honourable Tony Nwoye “Through my efforts, N800 million was approved in the 2017 budget and N1 billion in the 2018 budget for the road and by God’s grace, more money will be injected into the project once the N1.8 billion is exhausted. “The assurance we have got is that funds will continue to be released on regular basis until the work is completed. Part of the reason I am determined to see this project through is that the people gave me maximum support even when one of their sons contested election with me. “My happiness is that people of this area will be providing the materials needed by the contractors and this will help the affected families one way or the other. “Once this road is completed, this area will open up to commercial activities. I commend the Minister of Works, the permanent secretary and the chairman of the works committee in the House of Representatives, Honourable Toby Okechukwu and the Speaker of House of Representatives, Honourable Yakubu Dogara for their support and efforts to see that the project is completed in record time.” He urged the people of the local government to cooperate with the contractors so that it would be made motorable before the rains set in and appealed to the villagers not to inundate the contractors with unnecessary demands so that they could concentrate on the job. He also urged the contractors to do quality job to justify the effort of the Federal Government headed by President Muhammadu Buhari. Chief Emma Nnacho, a community leader in the area expressed gratitude to Nwoye saying: “We are grateful to you for ensuring that this road project finally takes off. We will ever remain grateful to you. A good representative is one who remembers his people. You have continued to empower the people despite the outcome of the November 18, 2017 governorship election.”

The traditional ruler of Ukwala, Igwe Joseph Ajodu recalled that after the presentation of the 2016 budget and the road was not reflected, the royal fathers in the area sent delegation to the Senator representing Anambra North, Princess Stella Oduah and Honourable Nwoye complaining about non- inclusion of the road in the budget and urged them to do something about it considering the importance of the road to the people of the area. Igwe Ajodu said Nwoye promised that the road would be accommodated in the supplementary budget and expressed joy that he was able to facilitate the inclusion of the road in this year’s budget. Chief Sylvester Okeke, President of Anam People’s Forum in his speech said: “We are not surprised at the achievements and projects you are attracting to our area. But we hope the road will not be abandoned. This is the only road we have requested government to complete for us.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/excitement-anambra-work-begins-abandoned-otuocha-anam-kogi-federal-road/
Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by deji17: 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
Work begins on Otuocha-Anam-Kogi federal road

FEBRUARY 6, 2018

By Vincent Ujumadu AWKA—WORK has begun on the Otuocha-Anam-Kogi federal road linking Anambra State with Kogi State.

The project, which is being handled by Nigercat Nigeria Limited, was abandoned in 2009 after it was flagged off. Unconfirmed report said a whopping N2.5 billion was spent on the road with nothing to show for it before it was abandoned. However, following the efforts of the member representing Anambra East and West in the House of Representatives, Dr. Tony Nwoye, who facilitated the release of funds to the contractor by the executive arm of government, work has resumed in earnest. Nwoye said during the inspection of the project with officials of the Federal Ministry of Works and community leaders in the area that the National Assembly had approved N 1.8 billion to be spent on the road this fiscal year, with assurance that work would continue ceaselessly until it was completed. When completed, it is expected that journey from Anambra State to Abuja would be reduced to about three hours, instead of about seven hours which it currently takes from Anambra through Enugu to Benue and then Kogi to Abuja. Nwoye said he decided to make the road a priority constituency project because the people of the area were suffering so much as they often found it difficult to transport their produce to the cities at the end of every farming season due to bad roads. Nwoye said: “This is not a political matter. It is something that is very dear to me because I remember the support the people of Anambra West gave me when I contested election. “I have been meeting stakeholders to find a solution to the road as I am determined to ensure its completion and I am very happy that the contractors have moved to site. “The people of this local government are the most marginalized in the state and I believe that opening up this road will help to boost the economy of the people of the area. “N800 million was approved in the 2017 budget and N1 billion in the 2018 budget for the road and by God’s grace, more money will be injected into the project once the N1.8 billion is exhausted. “The assurance we have got is that funds will continue to be released on regular basis until the work is completed. Part of the reason I am determined to see this project through is that the people gave me maximum support even when one of their sons contested election with me. “Once this road is completed, this area will open up to commercial activities. I commend the Minister of Works, the permanent secretary and the chairman of the works committee in the House of Representatives, Honourable Toby Okechukwu and the speaker of House of Representatives, Honourable Yakubu Dogara for their support and efforts to see that the project is completed in a record time.” It was gathered at the project site that additional N3 billion would be needed to complete the road.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/work-begins-otuocha-anam-kogi-federal-road/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by Hadone(m): 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
Welcome development

2 Likes

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by onward4life(m): 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
Joe Nah Town!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by deji17: 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
onward4life:
Joe Nah Town!

Wetin Oga Jonah do again? grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by deji17: 8:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
Hadone:
Welcome development

Anambra is joining the progressive states.
Imagine if we have had this type of development 8 - 10 years ago?
Well after all the deception and propaganda of previous government, eye don dey clear..

Sai Buhari!
Sai Baba !!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by markfem2: 8:33pm On Feb 15, 2018
Buhari is still a cow.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by Sirjamo: 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2018
markfem2:
Buhari is still a cow.
Unnecessary hatred

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by Abogwara: 10:24pm On Feb 15, 2018
Only Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by omenkaLives(m): 10:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
Thank God this is coming from vanguard. The best they are likely to do is avoid the thread since good news hurts their darkened hearts so much like spears through the heart.

While the people on ground rejoice over such laudable actions, they keep winning, squealing and grunting on social media like starving little piglets.

Hope to see more of this in the months ahead.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by omenkaLives(m): 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2018
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun.. This isn't about "herdsmen" killing, but we hope you wouldn't be too shy to accord it similar publicity as the other bad news.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by anibirelawal(m): 10:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
Let the good works continue....

BABA TILL 2023 ! grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
I guess you guys are not saying the truth by claiming nothing was done on the road, the road construction was going on when GEJ was President, the contractor handling the project abounded the road third quarter of 2015, I thank PMB for continuing where his predecessor stopped same with second niger bridge, Enugu/Onitsha and Enugu/ Port Harcourt road and what have you.

These last pictures I took when I visit the road in 2016.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2018
[quote author=deji17 post=65097812]

[s]Anambra is joining the progressive states.
Imagine if we have had this type of development 8 - 10 years ago?
Well after all the deception and propaganda of previous government, eye don dey clear..

Sai Buhari!
Sai Baba !![[/s]/quote]

Ignorant post

4 Likes

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by deji17: 11:23pm On Feb 15, 2018
[quote author= post=65102128][/quote]

Sorry, the I.B hero has completed the road sef. We no come know why Buhari carry caterpillar go dey scatter the road again. grin grin grin grin

Make you no vex o...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by LasGidiOwner: 11:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
My only happiness about this all important road is that the distance from Onitsha to Abuja will be reduced to about 3hrs journey on the road. Though it was GEJ that started the road.
Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
deji17:

Sorry, the I.B hero has completed the road sef. We no come know why Buhari carry caterpillar go dey scatter the road again. grin grin grin grin

Make you no vex o...
I know you download fake pictures to deceive gullible minds
This is screenshot from vanguard site you posted, the pictures you posted are not there, even if they are using caterpillars, its road construction not house painting

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by deji17: 11:50pm On Feb 15, 2018
post=65102495:

I know you download fake pictures to deceive gullible minds
This is screenshot from vanguard site you posted, the pictures you posted are not there, even if they are using caterpillars, its road construction not house painting

You must assume every one is dubious like yourself. You are wrong. There are two news that I posted. One was from Feb 6, the other from Feb 14. The one on Feb 14 has the picture you posted. If you click on the Feb 14 news, scroll down and you will see the link to the news of Feb 6 on the same road. Before you click it, you will see the picture display. But the picture is not contained in the news itself.
If you dont understand what I wrote, say it. It was sarcasm that Buhari is using caterpillar to destroy road already built by your hero since you claimed he did it. Moreover there are different sections of the road and those who lay claims that the road was abandoned since 2009, were the Chiefs from the Village and you can get this information from the news itself. I did not make it up.
Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by usba: 12:00am On Feb 16, 2018
omenkaLives:
Thank God this is coming from vanguard. The best they are likely to do is avoid the thread since good news hurts their darkened hearts so much like spears through the heart.

While the people on ground rejoice over such laudable actions, they keep winning on social media like starving little piglets.

grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by cjrane: 1:44am On Feb 16, 2018
post=65101725:
I guess you guys are not saying the truth by claiming nothing was done on the road, the road construction was going on when GEJ was President, the contractor handling the project abounded the road third quarter of 2015, I thank PMB for continuing where his predecessor stopped same with second niger bridge, Enugu/Onitsha and Enugu/ Port Harcourt road and what have you.

PMB aint doing SH*T on any Federal road in the SE.
He is only PLAYING TO THE GALLERY as part of election strategy advised by his team. Believe them to your peril and heartache.

Bubu and his election people are SHAMELESS PROPAGANDISTS!

1 Like

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by LaudableXX: 2:12am On Feb 16, 2018
post=65101725:

Hmmn...where in Kogi will the road end? I hope they take it as far as Lokoja, and they won't finish it and close shop at the Anambra border, just before it gets to Kogi.
Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by Annie939(f): 2:12am On Feb 16, 2018
hmmmm which one be otuocha again nawaooooo
Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by LaudableXX: 2:13am On Feb 16, 2018
omenkaLives:

While the people on ground rejoice over such laudable actions, they keep winning on social media like starving little piglets.

Who called my name? cool
Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:01am On Feb 16, 2018
deji17:

[s]You must assume every one is dubious like yourself. You are wrong. There are two news that I posted. One was from Feb 6, the other from Feb 14. The one on Feb 14 has the picture you posted. If you click on the Feb 14 news, scroll down and you will see the link to the news of Feb 6 on the same road. Before you click it, you will see the picture display. But the picture is not contained in the news itself.
If you dont understand what I wrote, say it. It was sarcasm that Buhari is using caterpillar to destroy road already built by your hero since you claimed he did it. Moreover there are different sections of the road and those who lay claims that the road was abandoned since 2009, were the Chiefs from the Village and you can get this information from the news itself. I did not make it up.[/s]
The difference between me and you on this issue, you just knew about the project and placed your arguments on what media feed you, I'm not PDP or APC supporter, I knew about the project when it was flagged off, I have visited the road twice, I'm aware of the length Niger-cat covered before they abounded the project, same with second Niger bridge, I know that you guys are very good with propaganda, Fashola came to Zik's house Onitsha, a project GEJ started, the project was like 70% couldn't finish before his tenure, Fashola came with media team only to critics, he was able to roof the buildings exactly where last administration stopped, he abounded the project for more than seven months now, after silly noise he made on media

5 Likes

Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by markfem2: 5:17am On Feb 16, 2018
omenkaLives:

Even Benue herdsman is opening his diarrhoea mouth for this matter. Wonders shall never end.
Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by markfem2: 5:18am On Feb 16, 2018
Annie939:
hmmmm which one be otuocha again nawaooooo
You are not from anambra, so i understand the confusion.
Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by bobnatlo(m): 7:25pm On Feb 16, 2018
But I don't get this!!!
Isn't a public office holder like Dr Tony Nwoye supposed to resign from his position before contesting for governor
Or is it a different person or am i wrong??
Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by LaudableXX: 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
LasGidiOwner:
My only happiness about this all important road is that the distance from Onitsha to Abuja will be reduced to about 3hrs journey on the road. Though it was GEJ that started the road.
Reduced to 3 hours?? How? Is the car going to fly? How far is Abuja to Lokoja, first of all? Let us start with that......
Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by UncleJudax(m): 11:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Otuocha!
Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by SSPX(m): 3:51am On Feb 17, 2018
The head quater of Anambra east consist of three towns in the area and every towns knows her boundry
Re: Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd by absh(m): 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2018
Good news

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Teach You How To Defeat Tinubu In Lagos, Saraki Tells Lagos PDP / APC Falls Totally: 5000 APC Members Decamp To PDP / Saraki, Jonathan, Obasanjo, others smile together at National Council Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.