Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak (3564 Views)

Workplace Christmas Bonus: What Did Your Workplace Give Out As Christmas Bonus / How To Get Sacked From Your Workplace? / How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2018
6 Substantial Benefits of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivator, HR Consultant, Talent Manager and Coach)

When people hear the word 'talent' the first thing that goes into their mind is music, comedy and dance. But talent goes way beyond the aforementioned. Talents are unmerited gifts that the creator has deposited in every one of us at creation. When I said everyone, I meant everyone. Which is to say that everyone has one talent or another. In the course of my writing, I've received tons of emails by people who think they don't have any talent. Do you know why? Because they've have been looking at it from the creative talent aspect. Talent is way different from purpose. While purpose is the reason why you were created, talents are the weapons that you can use to achieve your purpose here on earth.

Since this article is about workplace then, let's talk about workplace. But first, workplace talents are those talents in you and I that we can apply in our workplace that has great benefits. Due to the increase in the rate of unemployment and poverty around the world, the workplace is becoming increasingly competitive and insecure because no matter how skilled you think you are or how qualified you are there is someone who is praying or pressing the right buttons for you to be sacked. Companies are now very bold in decisions making because to them if you're no longer interested, someone else will be happy to take your place even at half your salary. Thus the need not to depend only on your skills and experience but also learn how to maximize your workplace talents and also how to play the workplace politics.

Today, I will be sharing with you just six out of the many benefits that you and I can benefit when we discover and maximise our workplace talents.

- You Become More Productive
If working with your skills has made you productive imagine how productive you will be when you compliment your work with both your skills and talents. Your skills are not the only weapon you have to defeat failure, you've got talents too. For example, if you have a talent for perfectionism, add it to whatever job you are involve in and watch your rating grow.

- You Outshine Others
Anyone who has succeeded in discovering and fully developing one or two of his or her talent has the ability to become a star. Apart from talents, skills can also make you a star but you and I know that there are stars and there are STARS. Some stars outshines others. Every talented person is unpredictable. Discovering and maximizing your workplace talents will give you an edge over others. It will make people to ask "how does he/she do the things he/she does?"

- You Achieve Things With Ease
Imagine working as a marketer either in the bank or in any other organization and also having the talent for convincing (sweet mouth) how easier your job will be. There's a particular grace that backs up well developed talents. People don't use talents, talents uses people. What this means is that when you open up for your talents to use you, your job will become easier and better.

- You Attract Authorities
Your skills can take you far but your talents will take you farther. No matter how hard people try to stop your rising, they can't stop a well developed workplace talent. Every business owner always looks for people who can help their businesses grow. The truth is, when you attract favour from the highest authority in your workplace, they will have no other choice but to pamper you.

- You Become Indispensable
No company wants to lose a talented staff. When they notice your gifts, they will do everything just to keep you. I have seen people that companies begged to stay because they couldn't afford to let them join a competitor.

- You Grow Faster
Talented staffs always break protocols. My dad once broke protocols in his work by getting promoted when he wasn't ripe for one simply because he engaged the use of his 'intelligence' talent at his workplace. So many people have gotten double promotion because their bosses just needed them at the top. A young man once became the manager of a multi national company in Nigeria barely six months after joining the company. He beat others who had been there for many years.

Please note that a well developed talent is not enough to take you to the top at your workplace, you also need to learn how to manipulate your way as well as how to play the workplace politics.

Succeed You Must

© Johnspeak Uwangue a.k.a The Oracle
Motivator, HR Consultant, Talent Manager and Coach.

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by bloomstar: 6:57am On Feb 16, 2018
m
Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by nony43(m): 6:58am On Feb 16, 2018
W
Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by sunbbo(m): 7:03am On Feb 16, 2018
Good.

Fresh Job Recruitment At Drilldeep Oil and Gas Company Limited (18 Positions)

Drilldeep Oil and Gas Company Limited was incorporated as an oil and gas exploration and production company with focus on west Africa and the Gulf of Guinea as its core business area. We offer world best-in-class, cost efficient and safe energy solutions in the areas of Drilling & Well maintenance, Environmental, Engineering, Inspections, Project Management, Wireline Service and Inspection Services. Drilldeep Oil and Gas Company Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (18 Positions) as follows;

1.) Managing Director

Deadline: 17th February, 2018

Click Here To View Details

2.) Human Resources Manager

3.) Account Officer

4.) Company Liaison Officer

5.) Marketing Executive

6.) Receptionist

7.) Director Onshore/ Offshore

8.) Field Manager

9.) Company Secretary

10.) Foreman

Deadline: 18th February, 2018.

11.) Driver

12.) Purchasing Manager

13.) Account/Admin Manager

14.) Project Manager/Engineer

15.) Graduate Public Relations Officer

16.) Safety Officer

Deadline: 22nd February, 2018.

17.) Welder

18.) Industrial Nurse

Source: http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2018/01/24/drilldeep-oil-and-gas-company-limited-fresh-job-recruitment/
Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by eliok(m): 7:08am On Feb 16, 2018
you will be promoted at workplace by God . see common promotion prayers @ www.wordofprayer.tk
Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by eliok(m): 7:09am On Feb 16, 2018
you will be promoted at workplace by God . see common promotion prayers @ www.wordofprayer.tk
Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by Alejoas(m): 7:14am On Feb 16, 2018
Dem go use you tired!
Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:24am On Feb 16, 2018
Alejoas:
Dem go use you tired!
hmm really
Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by Marvyx(m): 7:27am On Feb 16, 2018
The only problem is that some employers will just overuse you without even considering promoting you or increasing your pay. Use your talents to improve your life and not another person's own.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by Alejoas(m): 7:30am On Feb 16, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
hmm really

Na so o o.... You got to package yourself

1 Like

Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by Luukasz(m): 7:42am On Feb 16, 2018
If youre the CEO of your workplace you wouldn't worry about who is or are the board of directors,manager cos your the boss of bosses.
But the Nigerian collar/monthly pay job mentality which to me is slavery won't let Nigerians think free & become their very own boss
Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 16, 2018
Marvyx:
The only problem is that some employers will just overuse you without even considering promoting you or increasing your pay. Use your talents to improve your life and not another person's own.

There are different kinds of talent. This topic is talking about workplace Talents. And do you think entrepreneurship is that easy? Think again my dear.
Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by Marvyx(m): 7:53am On Feb 16, 2018
JohnspeakU:

There are different kinds of talent. This topic is talking about workplace Talents. And do you think entrepreneurship is that easy? Think again my dear.

I understand what the topic is saying. People like your dad were lucky they had employers or bosses that appreciated their 'work place talents' but their are some bosses who will just use your talents without appreciation. My take is to use your talents if the system is worth it or you're just doing it for personal satisfaction.

And besides nothing good in life comes easy sir. cool
Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:25am On Feb 16, 2018
Alejoas:

Na so o o.... You got to package yourself
Well, But its good to stand out among your colleagues with versatility. Packaging doesn't always pay
Re: 6 Substantial Benefits Of Maximizing Your Workplace Talents By Johnspeak by salesforce: 11:10am On Feb 16, 2018
Oh

(1) (Reply)

NPF Recruitment PDF List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2022/2023 / BIMS Set To Unlock Educational Frontiers In Nigeria's Academic Landscape / How Can I Get To Ogudu GRA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.