Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros (31290 Views)

Smartphone 3D Modeling Diary / Which Software/android App Was Used To Make Animations Like These / Flexible, Creative & Detailed Designs and Animations - Its Affordable Too. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by nijabazaar: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
This is a showcase.... Let's make this thread a portfolio of sorts. That's it's intent, is it?

How come no one wants to showcase their work or wip...Apart of lucemferre (this almost auto corrected to lucif...) cool

It does not have to look good. Just post it and we will critique. Learning is key to success.

1 Like

Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by mediagenius: 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2018
LucemFerre:

It's an assembled hp desktop, got it for 150k.
A laptop of the same spec would be around that 150-250k. Sometimes, it depends on the seller.

You can check the spec of laptop you want on Jumia and Konga to get an idea of the prize. Just have it in mind that it is mostly more expensive online. I see messed up systems on Jumia and Konga sold at ridiculous prizes. But, you'd get the general idea of how the pricing is.
Ok, thanks... You are based in Lagos right?
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
mediagenius:
Ok, thanks... You are based in Lagos right?

No sir, Abuja
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 10:16pm On Aug 05, 2018
nijabazaar:
This is a showcase.... Let's make this thread a portfolio of sorts. That's it's intent, is it?

How come no one wants to showcase their work or wip...Apart of lucemferre (this almost auto corrected to lucif...) cool

It does not have to look good. Just post it and we will critique. Learning is key to success.

Yea, of course you could show your sh!ts also. And if anybody wants a walkthrough you provide too.
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 10:34pm On Aug 05, 2018
Iamvictor:

Boss please add me up on WhatsApp biko! 07068850298
lollypop5050:
Woow this is awesome bro...i wish to learn this pls am i welcome?... This is my whatsapp numb.. 08187293789

Sorry guys, If y'all wouldn't mind we could discuss your learning process here. So that others could learn from the discussions too.
What do you wanna know?
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by mediagenius: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
LucemFerre:

No sir, Abuja
ok
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by Iamvictor(m): 12:35am On Aug 06, 2018
LucemFerre:

Sorry guys, If y'all wouldn't mind we could discuss your learning process here. So that others could learn from the discussions too.
What do you wanna know?
What do I need to start learning?
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 8:28am On Aug 06, 2018
Iamvictor:

What do I need to start learning?

First of all 3D animation is NOT easy! It is very difficult and frustrating. I nearly quitted... Twice.
Now let's begin

You need a PC (The one you have would most likely do the job for now), the software and an external mouse.

There are varieties of 3D softwares and non is better than the other. It's all a matter of preference. Check their features and stick with the one that's good for the path you wanna take.

There are various parts of 3D:
1. Modeling (creating the characters)

2. Lighting (lighting the scene [it's not as easy as it sounds])

3. Texturing (giving them life by adding colors to the various features)

4. Animation (making the characters move)

Note that those are the major phases. There are many other small sub-phases like UV mapping, rendering, etc.
There are people who specialize on one and have the other skill sets as complimentary (recommended). And there are people who learn all parts pretty well (stressful af)

3D softwares include:
Autodesk Maya
Autodesk 3Ds Max
Cinema 4D
Blender
ZBrush (for modeling, detailing and texturing only)

While knowing how to sketch would be a huge advantage, it is not necessary for knowing how to do 3D animation.

Blender and 3Ds Max are considered easier than Maya. But, that doesn't mean they're easy. Browse and find out about their features and weigh their benefit to the line you choose.
BUT, I would be more helpful if you choose Maya.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by Iamvictor(m): 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
LucemFerre:

First of all 3D animation is NOT easy! It is very difficult and frustrating. I nearly quitted... Twice.
Now let's begin

You need a PC (The one you have would most likely do the job for now), the software and an external mouse.

There are varieties of 3D softwares and non is better than the other. It's all a matter of preference. Check their features and stick with the one that's good for the path you wanna take.

There are various parts of 3D:
1. Modeling (creating the characters)

2. Lighting (lighting the scene [it's not as easy as it sounds])

3. Texturing (giving them life by adding colors to the various features)

4. Animation (making the characters move)

Note that those are the major phases. There are many other small sub-phases like UV mapping, rendering, etc.
There are people who specialize on one and have the other skill sets as complimentary (recommended). And there are people who learn all parts pretty well (stressful af)

3D softwares include:
Autodesk Maya
Autodesk 3Ds Max
Cinema 4D
Blender
ZBrush (for modeling, detailing and texturing only)

While knowing how to sketch would be a huge advantage, it is not necessary for knowing how to do 3D animation.

Blender and 3Ds Max are considered easier than Maya. But, that doesn't mean they're easy. Browse and find out about their features and weigh their benefit to the line you choose.
BUT, I would be more helpful if you choose Maya.
Thanks for the reply.. I will go and download Maya. I will like to specialize on animation.
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
Iamvictor:

Thanks for the reply.. I will go and download Maya. I will like to specialize on animation.

Alright no problem. After you've gotten the basics of animation (bouncing ball etc.), You can download free rigged (characters with controllable bones) online and animate them using the principles and walk your way up. I'd help anywhere I can
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by Iamvictor(m): 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2018
LucemFerre:

Alright no problem. After you've gotten the basics of animation (bouncing ball etc.), You can download free rigged (characters with controllable bones) online and animate them using the principles and walk your way up. I'd help anywhere I can
Thank you and God bless. Still wish to have ur contact.
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 6:43am On Aug 07, 2018
Iamvictor:
Thank you and God bless. Still wish to have ur contact.

Alright, I'd hit you up on WhatsApp asap
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by Iamvictor(m): 9:42am On Aug 07, 2018
LucemFerre:

Alright, I'd hit you up on WhatsApp asap
ok thanks.
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2018
Post-Apocalyptic scene WIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
Animation WIP coming soon

Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by nijabazaar: 10:49am On Aug 16, 2018
LucemFerre:

Lovely....especially that ivy overhangs

U can bump up the grass texture or is this project a game art?
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by nijabazaar: 10:55am On Aug 16, 2018
LucemFerre:

Nice...has that gamey feel of grand theft 2014.

Do u use unity as well
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2018
nijabazaar:

Nice...has that gamey feel of grand theft 2014.

Do u use unity as well

Heh! No sir, I don't use unity. I use Maya all through, though the polycount is a challenge most times but, sacrificing render times for quality seems worthwhile
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 11:43am On Aug 16, 2018
Was there a grand theft in 2014?
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 11:50am On Aug 16, 2018
nijabazaar:

Lovely....especially that ivy overhangs

U can bump up the grass texture or is this project a game art?

No, it was actually supposed to be an animation scene but, I was seriously managing poly count. And later just abandoned it. That was before I found out that transparency actually takes longer render time than polygon count
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by JoseeyM: 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2018

2 Likes

Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2018

1 Like

Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by geloorrrrdd(m): 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2018
LucemFerre:
Hi, there.
I'm quite impressed with your work generally. Are you open for business? I may have some jobs for you. Plus, I'd like to learn animation. I just sent a PM, Kindly, reply with your number, let's talk on WhatsApp. Cheers!
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 6:44am On Aug 20, 2018
geloorrrrdd:
Hi, there.
I'm quite impressed with your work generally. Are you open for business? I may have some jobs for you. Plus, I'd like to learn animation. I just sent a PM, Kindly, reply with your number, let's talk on WhatsApp. Cheers!

Thanks, I'd hit you up, asap
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by finest0007(m): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
LucemFerre:

Nice stuff. What app did you use?

You have a new follower. Stumbled upon your profile while looking for how to learn animation. An upcoming artiste needs someone to do a 4 minute animated music video. Certainly not a beginner's job

1 Like

Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 6:24am On Aug 21, 2018
finest0007:

Nice stuff. What app did you use?

You have a new follower. Stumbled upon your profile while looking for how to learn animation. An upcoming artiste needs someone to do a 4 minute animated music video. Certainly not a beginner's job

Thanks...
I use Autodesk Maya.
I will contact you asap... I'm very busy atm. Sorry

2 Likes

Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
Animation #wip

Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by nijabazaar: 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
LucemFerre:
Animation #wip

perfect light setup

1 Like

Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by ifex370(m): 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
LucemFerre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxRTKroGr_g

Bro please can we talk.. I have a job pending... Its a 4 minute 3D animation.. Please I need to know a quote so I can know if we can work together

1 Like

Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
nijabazaar:

perfect light setup

Thanks... I appreciate bruh
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by LucemFerre: 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
ifex370:

Bro please can we talk.. I have a job pending... Its a 4 minute 3D animation.. Please I need to know a quote so I can know if we can work together

No problem... I'd get back to you next week
Re: 3D Help, Modeling, Animations, WIPs, Showcases for Beginners n Pros by ifex370(m): 4:37am On Aug 25, 2018
LucemFerre:

No problem... I'd get back to you next week

Alright.. Don't forget.. Tell me how I can contact you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Paul Allen: Late Microsoft Co-founder's Art Collection Sells For $1.5 Billion / My Portfolio (pencil And Graphite Paintings, Lucky Biro Paintings, Among Others) / My realistic Drawing Of A Dog In A Wooden Cocacola Crate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.