Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Ministry Of Water Resources, Withering Or Working? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministry Of Water Resources, Withering Or Working? (304 Views)

Trash That National Water Resources Bill 2020 - Guardian News / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To His Drainage And Water Resources Appointment By Sanwo-Olu / ICPC Recovers 40 Cars From Ex-Directors Of Federal Ministry Of Water Resources(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ministry Of Water Resources, Withering Or Working? by damesilver(m): 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
Gone are the days we fetch clean drinkable water from taps supplied to towns and cities by the government. Now, We are for forced to rely on alternative means like the bottled water, sachet water, borehole and the likes. Not many Nigerians could afford bottled water or sachet water. And Water from the borehole or well taken in directly may be injurious to the body because they are classified as sourced from heavy metal.

The proliferation of boreholes has its earth-related consequences.

I have just been told by a doctor to start taking in water packed in sachet or bottled ones due to my failing health. As a student this would increase my expenses. Same may go for many other Nigerians. I asked myself how reliable are these so-called pure water. Then I recalled the days we fetch water from the taps, good clean water.

I am tempted to ask What particularly is this ministry of water existing for? We need to start online evaluation of these ministries and how they are faring. Aren't we becoming too cozy with failure? We need to start focusing more now on governance than entertainment. This is my charge to the youth.
Re: Ministry Of Water Resources, Withering Or Working? by Lisaint(m): 2:05pm On Feb 16, 2018
I wonder

Mods
We need this to be on FP

(1) (Reply)

People In Government Thinks Opposition Hate Speech Makes Them Look Bad:Ali Baba / 'I Will Find To Commit Suicide If I See Nigeria Has No Hope: Obasanjo / Alleged Misconduct: PDP Suspends Elumelu, 5 Other Chieftains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.