Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos (10914 Views)

‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate / Vanguard Editor, Adekunle Aliyu, Released By The Police! / Aliyu Adekunle, Arrested Vanguard Editor In Black Maria, Ipad Broken (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by Emma5097: 2:55pm On Feb 16, 2018
So apparently the police in Lagos state has a penchant for arresting journalists who are discharging their duty. I wonder what Nigeria is turning into....maybe the reporter should have tried to pretend he was a male cow.

The police command in Ikotun, Lagos has arrested the Online Editor of Vanguard Newspaper, Mr Aliyu Adekule, newsmen report.

Mr. Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Online Editor Mr. Aliyu who was taking pictures of Okada riders was accosted by police officers in Ikotun and was forced to enter their van. Efforts by newsmen to see and speak to Mr. Aliyu proved abortive.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/breaking-police-arrest-vanguard-editor/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by sinkhole: 5:11pm On Feb 16, 2018
Breaking: Police arrest Vanguard Editor

By Nwafor Sunday

The police command in Ikotun, Lagos has arrested the Online Editor of Vanguard Newspaper, Mr Aliyu Adekule, newsmen report.

Mr. Aliyu who was taking pictures of Okada riders was accosted by police officers in Ikotun and was forced to enter their van. Efforts by newsmen to see and speak to Mr. Aliyu proved abortive.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/breaking-police-arrest-vanguard-editor/
Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by sinkhole: 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2018
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Kidnap has been reported.

Just for taking picture ooo and not even picture of their station or their personel o shocked shocked shocked

The guy has been released!

Breaking: Released Vanguard Editor explains why he was arrested

By Nwafor Sunday
In his bid to exercise his constitutional right enshrined in section 39 of the 1999 constitution as amended, the Vanguard Online Editor, Mr Adekunle Aliyu, on Friday was assaulted, maltreated and arrested by the Nigerian Police Command in Ikotun, Lagos.

Mr. Aliyu who speedily contacted Vanguard at the peak of his arrest opined that the officers refused to disclose his crime to him.

“I was arrested for doing my job as a journalist. They caught me taking snap shots and video clips of both the officers and Okada riders respectively. ‘When they accosted me and ordered me to enter their van, I insisted and asked them to tell me the crime I committed. They remained mum and pushed me inside their ‘Black Marria’ Van”, he said.

Expressing the embarrassment he received from the officers, Mr. Aliyu told newsmen that he was not beaten up by anybody but would rather chose to be beaten than to be humiliated the way the officers did to him.

When asked if there were items damaged, he answered ‘yes’. “They broke my Ipad, got my shirt dirt and pushed me into their van”, he angrily said.

Why Police arrested me

At exactly 3:15pm, Mr. Aliyu called again to break the news of his release. According to him, “I have been released, with conditions”.

When asked the conditions he said, “They warned me not to cover or take their photos whenever they are doing their job. They equally told me that I should first seek for their consent before taking their images for any report.

“I thank God I came back untouched”, he finally said.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/breaking-released-vanguard-editor-explains-arrested/

3 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by Shapapa1: 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
The harassment continues

11 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by Chiedu4Trump: 5:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
I hope he voted in Buhari, so he can enjoy the benefit of his change

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by Desyner: 5:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
Freedom of speech clearly not guaranteed.

12 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by eseveli(m): 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
Abi dey see snake with am.... smh

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by sunkanmihassan1(m): 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
ok
Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
Nigeria is a zoo!

3 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by buffalowings4: 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
The dullard
Military demoracy

sinkhole:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Kidnap has been reported.

Just for taking picture ooo and not even picture of their station or their personel o shocked shocked shocked

Regale us with the full gist na

2 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by slapacha: 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
Ee
Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by olusola200: 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
Ikotun police are traffic official

Egunje

3 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
What Rubbish undecided angry

How on earth would police arrest a journalist for performing his job.

This sort of lawlessness and harrasment must stop. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by deco22(m): 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
They have turned our security operatives to their minions who help them arrest anyone who disagrees with them...

Sad.

2 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by freemanbubble: 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
ok
Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by Homers123(m): 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
Welcome to the Banana Republic.

3 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by afbstrategies: 5:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by MrImole: 5:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
Change!

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by just2endowed: 5:25pm On Feb 16, 2018
Govt of oppressing

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by xrayz(m): 5:25pm On Feb 16, 2018
we are getting there gradually. Resignation is inevitable I can see.

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by explorer250(m): 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2018
am sure he voted bubu in 2015

2 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by EnEnPeecee: 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2018
Buhari is trying to plunge this country into anarchy. While his mates somewhere in South Africa just resigned on account of incompetence, the dullArd is busy intimidating citizens and gagging the same media on which he rode to power.

If Nigerians make another mistake and allow this bigot again in 2019, I rest my case

5 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by sexdoll: 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:
I hope he voted in Buhari, so he can enjoy the benefit of his change

You must always find a way to work buhari into the equation.

I hope you will not die prematurely in the process of solving that equation out of eternal frustration.
Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by Bullhari007(m): 5:29pm On Feb 16, 2018
he voted for buhari

so let him enjoy change inside jail

2 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by yesloaded: 5:29pm On Feb 16, 2018
why the arrest?
Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
Overheard he is a tinubu lapdog and worked overtime in running GEJ down.
He should enjoy the backward change he helped enthrone.

Welcome to 1984

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by ZombieBuster: 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
Dictator in Aso rock must show his stripes

Thank you to all those who voted Buhari and still supports him as he takes us back to the stone age

Una well done ..

4 Likes

Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by nduprincekc1: 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
tt
Re: Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos by Yinxies(f): 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
Na waaaa oooo

Come 2019, Nigerians will correct their mistakes

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

50% Of Petrol Pumped Through Aba-Enugu Pipeline Stolen – NNPC / Terrorism: We're Still Investigating Sowore’s Phones For Links - DSS Tells Court / Transform South-East Into Dubai – Ohanaeze Tasks South-East Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.