Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Despite Zuma’s Honourable Resignation, I Won’t Pull Down His Statue–gov.okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Zuma’s Honourable Resignation, I Won’t Pull Down His Statue–gov.okorocha (291 Views)

Drama As Obaseki Pull Down Edo Assembly Roof Over Impeachment Scare (Video) / Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua / South Africans Celebrate Jacob Zuma Over His Statue In Owerri, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Despite Zuma’s Honourable Resignation, I Won’t Pull Down His Statue–gov.okorocha by Upritman(m): 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
@Suanu'sBlog

Following the resignation of Ex-South-African President, Jacob Zuma, and the mocking outcry by Nigerians against the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, over the statue of Mr.Zuma who he erected last year, he (Okorocha) has said that he has no intention to pull down the statue despite what has happened to the former South-African Leader.

Okorocha in his reaction on Friday through his chief press secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo insisted that the erection of the statue is justified.

According to Him, the statue was erected when Zuma was in power and not after he left office and that the former leader also resigned “honourably.”

“On the Jacob Zuma’s statue in Owerri and the resignation of the man few days ago as president of South Africa, the statue will not be pulled down,” the statement read.

“The statue was erected when the man was a sitting president. We should also be keen in his life story.

“For instance, a man who didn’t receive any formal education but rose to play a major role in the freedom of his people and also became president of one of the leading African nations calls for sober reflection. He also resigned honourably.”

He added that following Zuma’s condemnation of the killing of Nigerians in South Africa, “the situation came under control to a large extent”.

The governor said the former South African leader did not come to the state “for politics”, rather, he came “to partner Rochas Foundation College for Africa.”

“And even after his departure as president, he would still go ahead to make his contributions to the education of the less privileged children in Africa,” he said.

“And whatever Okorocha has done in Imo, he has done so for the good of the people.

“Imo people have seen our monumental achievements and have also read criticisms against us. But seeing they say, is believing and not reading.”

Suanu’s Blog recalls that Gov.Okorocha had in October 2017 erected a statue of the former South African president in Owerri, the state capital, a move that had angered many Nigerians.

After the resignation of Mr. Zuma amid allegations of fraud, some Nigerians have asked Gov.Okorocha to destroy the statue.

Source>> http://www.suanusblog.com/2018/02/despite-zumas-honourable-resignation-i.html

Re: Despite Zuma’s Honourable Resignation, I Won’t Pull Down His Statue–gov.okorocha by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2018
Imo..............The Statue State

From which pulse was this statue built sef?
Re: Despite Zuma’s Honourable Resignation, I Won’t Pull Down His Statue–gov.okorocha by Mynd44: 7:20pm On Feb 16, 2018

(1)

INEC To Investigate Reports Of Under-aged Voting / Yusuf Buhari Alive -presidency / Don't Be Suckers, Nigerians!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.