Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,820 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua (41638 Views)

Anslem Ojezua Declares Ongoing APC Primaries 'Illegal' / Anselm Ojezua: Oshiomhole Lied, We Notified Him That We Wanted Indirect Primary / APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Nemere2020: 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2020
Mr. Anselm Ojezua, factional Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo, says he will not be leaving the party with the governor.

Ojezua is leading a faction of the APC loyal to Gov. Godwin Obaseki before his resignation on June 16 from the party.

He said this on Tuesday in a telephone chat with newsmen on his next line of action, following Obaseki’s resignation from the APC after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja.

The governor was last weekend disqualified by the APC screening committee for the Edo 2020 governorship election from contesting the party’s primaries based on discrepancies in the documents he submitted.

Obaseki later formally announced his resignation from the party to journalists in Abuja on Tuesday shortly after meeting Buhari.

However, Ojezua said he would not move with the governor as he was elected as chairman of APC with a four-year mandate, which would expire in 2022.

“I won’t move. As you can see, I still have my mandate as the elected party chairman of APC in Edo which expires by 2020, and I intend to complete that mandate,” he said.

Meanwhile, retired Col David Imuse, factional APC Chairman loyal to Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, the National Chairman of the party, described Obaseki’s resignation from the party as a welcome development.

Imuse said: “In fact, it is much expected and it is good riddance to bad rubbish.

“The party remains the party, we are preparing for our party primaries. So by Monday all of you should be prepared to witness the direct primaries which are going to be a seamless operation.

“The party is in a joyous mood, I believe you can feel it from my voice.

“He’s going to another party will not be affecting the chances of the APC.

“Membership of political parties is voluntary so he can go anywhere he likes, it is his constitutional right, and does not affect the APC.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/resignation-i-will-not-move-with-obaseki-ojezua/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by SLAP44: 5:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
That's democracy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Poloyanabo2(m): 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
stay back to destroy Apc in Edo, just like magnus abe did in rivers state.

184 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Karlifate: 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
Good for him.
Every mallam with his own kettle.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Ibadansun1: 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
They have started to abandon him to his faith

After supporting him for months

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by festacman(m): 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
Staying back to cause more confusion by going to court to challenge every Oshiomole's step. Well, let's see how Oshiomole responds.

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by slivertongue: 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
of course u have to remain in office for litigation purposes

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by shortgun(m): 6:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
So there are 2 APC state Chairmen in Edo state?
Which of the factions will produce delegates for the party primary?

23 Likes

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
Ibadansun1:

Yoruba man way no get sense, they plant am there to fire am well well

133 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by SecretSpy666: 6:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
This is a planned game between obaseki and the chairman. The chairman have to continue the factional group so that APC will not be united going into the election. This is good. Some loyalists have to remain behind and destroy APC before the enter the election

140 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Ibadansun1: 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2020
OZAOEKPE:

Yoruba man way no get sense, they plant am there to fire am well well
You way get sense, you mean Osiomole will trust a factional leader that supported Obaseki with any party secret?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Ibadansun1: 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2020
SecretSpy666:
This is a planned game between obaseki and the chairman. The chairman have to continue the factional group so that APC will not be united going into the election. This is good. Some loyalists have to remain behind and destroy APC before the enter the election
So who would the Factional leader lead when Obaseki have left with his supposed supporters to PDP?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by pyyxxaro: 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2020
To ur tent o Israel
Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2020
Ibadansun1:
You way get sense, you mean Osiomole will trust a factional leader that supported Obaseki with any party secret?
The law recognise him that's why he is the fractional and authentic leader

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Ibadansun1: 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
OZAOEKPE:

The law recognise him that's why he is the fractional and authentic leader
Which law recognize him?

Aba law?

He isn't called factional leader for nothing.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Charmingrascal(m): 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
Walahi Obaseki will be shocked

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by tuniski: 6:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
Ibadansun1:

That is strategic! Stay back to fight from within APC while obaseki takes on them from without.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Quelme: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
They tried to stop hurricane Ize Iyamu from joining the APC but look at them today, they are the ones leaving the party for the same Ize Iyamu.

Hurricane Ize Iyamu!!!!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by asanwafo: 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Analyst
Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by courage54(m): 6:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nice political strategy. Sense will not kill Obaseki

18 Likes

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by obinoral1179(m): 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
Poloyanabo2:
he is a factional chairman he will be sideline and if he romance with other party they will expel him for anti parties activities....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by PIMPAR: 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
Lol
Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by PIMPAR: 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
Poloyanabo2:
Magnus didn't officially decamp to another party. In this case, the faction chairman, his principal has officially decamped, so if he's going to file any court case, on whose name his defence going to be?
Obaseki in APC or Obaseki in PDP? Most of you are really lazy youth

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Olugbanko: 7:07pm On Jun 16, 2020
ipob miscreants, day don dey break o!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by ddippset(m): 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2020
Anslem will remain and play spoiler.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Poloyanabo2(m): 7:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
PIMPAR:

Magnus didn't officially decamp to another party. In this case, the faction chairman, his principal has officially decamped, so if he's going to file any court case, on whose name his defence going to be?
Obaseki in APC or Obaseki in PDP? Most of you are really lazy youth
You ended up making no point.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Dpsychologist: 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
This Obasaki issue don tire me sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Trutherme: 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
undecided
Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by toffyz(m): 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
k
Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Roon9(m): 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
Edo drama grin better than nollywood

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily

4 Likes

Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by Minjim: 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
Karlifate:
Good for him!
Every mallam with his own kettle.

Or mat
Re: Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua by anibi9674: 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2020
Ok we here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abbas Jamiu, Musa Aliyu, Jimoh Ahmed, Abdulateef Anafi Made Prototype Aircraft / 100 Burnt To Death In Anambra Gas Explosion / Oshiomhole To Declare For President Today (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.