Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari (25445 Views)

Ben Bruce: What Isa Funtua Told Me 3 Hours Before His Death / Abubakar Mohammed Mamadi & Mark Yari Beaten By Mob In Kaduna (Photos) / Four Quick Thoughts On The Zamfara Massacre By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by Ecstasy154(m): 9:32pm On Feb 16, 2018
Governor Abdulaziz Yari has alleged that his administration gave security agencies 24-hour head-start to alert them on the impending invasion of communities in Zamfara by bandits that resulted in the death of 39 persons in Zurmi local government area of the state on Wednesday night.

Speaking Friday evening when he led five Northern Governors on a sympathy visit to the palace of the Emir of Zurmi, Yari said security agencies in the area have failed to tackle the problem of cross-border banditry and terrorism bedevilling communities in the area.

“Whatever humanly possible that needed to be done, we as a government have done to mitigate this disaster. But it does appear that security agencies are failing in their responsibilities.
“I feel let down facing the people of this state whenever I remember the promise I made to them that when they elect President Muhammadu Buhari into power, these killings will end. But unfortunately, things are now getting worse.

“As such, I urge you security agencies to up the ante so as not to lose this war. If you let us take issues on our hands, anarchy will reign which is not what we hope us.

“On this particular incidence, we had intelligence reports 24 hours before it happened that the bandits were grouping and ready to attack. I alerted the security agencies but unfortunately they sent inadequate personnel to confront these people from where they came from,” he said.

In his remarks, the Emir of Zurmi, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, said echoed what Yari said, adding that if not for the bravery of vigilante groups who confronted the bandits, the casualty figures would have been higher.

Giving insight into what really happened, the Emir alleged that 600 bandits made attempt to invade Zurmi but were repelled by vigilantes.
“They came on 200 motorcycles with three persons on each bike. Each of them was well-armed. We stationed 500 vigilante members who stood their ground and gallantly fought the bandits. Unfortunately, these same bandits turned their anger on travellers and other villagers on their way here, that was why we had 39 people killed.

“Thes terrorists are known to us. Their major hide-out is in a village called Kagara, very close to Bafarawa in Sokoto State, and a few kilometres from Shinkafi in Zamfara State. But despite several appeals to security agencies to storm the area, our appeals have failed.

“I need to state here that majority of weapons used by bad people in this country are brought in from this area. I had reason to personally inform Zamfara State Director of SSS sometimes back of a large cache of weapons being brought into the country but no concrete action was taken until the containers were moved away.

“I am happy that other Northern Governors are here because we believe the solution to this problem lies in cooperation among all of you.
“I don’t need to repeat here that we need a full battalion of soldiers here and in areas surrounding Maru, Maradun, Shinkafi and Zurmi LGAs,” the visibly angry Emir said.
He added that the people have been pushed to the limit and a negative reaction from them will have a devastating consequence on the continued peaceful coexistence of all communities in the area.

In his remarks, Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno appealed to the people not to lose patience. He sympathized with the victims and prayed to God to grant the deceased eternal rest.

In addition to Shettima and Yari, other Governors on the entourage were Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto, Abubakar Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi and Umar Tanko Al-Makura of Nassarawa States.,

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/02/zamfara-massacre-alerted-security-agencies-24-hours-killing-failed-act-gov-yari/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by femidejulius(m): 9:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
Security agencies fail to act because there are no repercussions for their inactions. This is the unfortunate reality of things. If the police DPO knows he will be demoted by 3 ranks,if the state commissioner of police knows he will lose 5 ranks,if the IGP knows he will lose his post whenever they fail to properly act,they will all sit tight.

However, they know that to retain their positions, all they have to do is to always speak highly of the fulanis and protect their interest.

It is after all the government of the fulanis for the fulanis and other northerners.

141 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by stonemasonn: 11:15pm On Feb 16, 2018
“I need to state here that majority of weapons used by bad people in this country are brought in from this area. I had reason to personally inform Zamfara State Director of SSS sometimes back of a large cache of weapons being brought into the country but no concrete action was taken until the containers were moved away.

Wow! so all the guns used to attack villagers all over the north came from Sokoto.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by debolayinka(m): 5:56am On Feb 17, 2018
Ecstasy154:
“I feel let down facing the people of this state whenever I remember the promise I made to them that when they elect President Muhammadu Buhari into power, these killings will end. But unfortunately, things are now getting worse.

Shebi you were one of those shouting sai Baba is the solution to the problem of Nigeria, your people should stone you.
Even the promises Buhari made himself, he did not fulfil. Enjoy your change joor.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by seniorgozman(m): 6:15am On Feb 17, 2018
It's a pity
Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by BiafraIShere(m): 6:50am On Feb 17, 2018
Sh!thole nation, the Sahel region of Africa is filled with savages and barbarians.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by Omeokachie: 7:40am On Feb 17, 2018
If only you can sit down and think about how many lives has been lost since Buhari became president...

Was he elected to watch over the mass murder of Nigerians?

22 Likes

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by jerryunit48: 7:40am On Feb 17, 2018
Maybe they were ill equipped but that is not an excuse
Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by MacBan: 7:45am On Feb 17, 2018
Up to 600 bandits or Fulani herdsmen aka army of the caliphate sent by the caliphate to instill discipline in that conquered region. grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:48am On Feb 17, 2018
another controversy is about to spring up again while people are dead already...you will denial this so also will the police say you did not alert them...instead of someone accepting the blames hear for those bandits killing, they are here trying to justify their absence n lack of incompetence. ...I wonder why do you not alert the people in your state to be careful than alerting the police whom you now claim did not do dia work...more things will be revealed soon....

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by meolaniyi(m): 7:54am On Feb 17, 2018
Fulani Herdsmen Period.
Or Fulani bandicts. Why are you trying to change their name

5 Likes

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by mabea: 8:00am On Feb 17, 2018
I dont even understand what you are trying to say.
Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by TheFreeOne: 9:14am On Feb 17, 2018
Giving insight into what really happened, the Emir alleged that 600 bandits made attempt to invade Zurmi but were repelled by vigilantes.
“They came on 200 motorcycles with three persons on each bike. Each of them was well-armed. We stationed 500 vigilante members who stood their ground and gallantly fought the bandits. Unfortunately, these same bandits turned their anger on travellers and other villagers on their way here, that was why we had 39 people killed.

“Thes terrorists are known to us. Their major hide-out is in a village called Kagara, very close to Bafarawa in Sokoto State, and a few kilometres from Shinkafi in Zamfara State. But despite several appeals to security agencies to storm the area, our appeals have failed.

Can the Nigerian army tell us who these armed group are if not Fulani terrorists or boko haram they claimed to have defeated.

Seriously northern Nigeria is a cesspit of banditry and terrorists. But their leaders are more concerned about grabbing power at the detriment of their underprivileged/helpless.

Should Nigeria divide the region will fall into total control of terrorists.

17 Likes

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by sapientia(m): 9:16am On Feb 17, 2018
Just watching.

Might have to relocate to where human lives are respected.

What is about to happen in Nigeria will make rwanda and sudan child play.

3 Likes

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 17, 2018
When Ortom was shouting people say he was being political. Yari is now talking... I wonder what they will say now. There is something fundamentally wrong somewhere.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by aolawale025: 9:59am On Feb 17, 2018
This is what you get when a government has failed. Nepotism contributes in no small measure to failed states

11 Likes

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by Vince77(m): 12:54pm On Feb 17, 2018
Nigerians should just protect themselves. Hoping on government is useless.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by ivolt: 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
Aren't they the same herdsmen that were imported to fight open grazing ban?

4 Likes

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by kc2hansome(m): 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
what a wasted Shi*hole

seanswitch:
It's like it's standard practice for security agencies all over the world to ignore warning signings. Same thing happened with FBI on the Florida attack

Please they are not the same thing. The FBI gets thousands of warnings/speculations from thousands of persons in just one day. They have to choose which one to take seriously. In this case, A sitting Governor was the informant on a direct issue with relevant details.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by MrsNgoziKalu(f): 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
hmmm
Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by TikaBodi(f): 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
Funny
Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by madridguy(m): 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
This is serious.
Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by Coitus: 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
The way they are reducing the population of minority tribes in the North is distorbing. In decades to come they would have been completely wiped out and these Fulanis will be the occupants. Go check the ethnic group of where these atrocities are been committed and see for yourself. Nupe, tives, kibaku tribe of chibok are examples. Where they are not killed, they are forced to flee there lands out of fear while the new occupants sweeps in and continue to expand their territory. why are there no killings in fulani dominated communities? Why in the land of other tribes?

We down south need to help these people before it's too late.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by eTECTIVe(m): 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
Gud for una... What goes around comes around....

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by TheKingIsHere: 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
Speaking Friday evening when he led five Northern Governors on a sympathy visit to the palace of the Emir of Zurmi, Yari said security agencies in the area have failed to tackle the problem of cross-border banditry and terrorism bedevilling communities in the area

Sharp sharp, 5 northern governors went to visit the state but it took them weeks before they decided to go to benue due to the fact that they saw governors from SS/SE/SW visiting governor Ortom.

Shame!!

9 Likes

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by kc2hansome(m): 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2018

These terrorists are known to us. Their major hide-out is in a village called Kagara, very close to Bafarawa in Sokoto State, and a few kilometres from Shinkafi in Zamfara State. But despite several appeals to security agencies to storm the area, our appeals have failed.

“I am happy that other Northern Governors are here because we believe the solution to this problem lies in cooperation among all of you.
“I don’t need to repeat here that we need a full battalion of soldiers here and in areas surrounding Maru, Maradun, Shinkafi and Zurmi LGAs,” the visibly angry Emir said.

It seems there are Two different constitutions in this country. One for the South and a different one for the North.
Imagine a well known weapons Depot/center being in the South.

10 Likes

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by seanswitch(m): 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2018
It's like it's standard practice for security agencies all over the world to ignore warning signings. Same thing happened with FBI on the Florida attack
Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by delpee(f): 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2018
This is really sad. May God rest their souls in peace.

So many people have lost their lives in Zamfara yet there seems to be a conspiracy of silence. I pray that Nigeria doesn't go the way of Rwanda or Somalia. Too much lawlessness already. angry

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by Dandsome: 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2018
So sad
Re: Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari by obi4eze(m): 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ecstasy154:

angry
Buhari is an arrant failure and failure is Buhari

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rinu Oduala Hosts Bukola Saraki On Twitter Spaces, Gets Criticised / Release El-zakzaky To Prevent Creation Of Another Boko Haram – Reps Advise Buhar / Reno Omokri: My Receptionist Has A Better Degree Than Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.