Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,002 members, 7,810,788 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw (28020 Views)

Chioma Chukwuka Celebrates Her 44th Birthday Today / Uche Jombo, Chioma Chukwuka, Omoni Oboli, Ufuoma Mcdermott Show Their Backsides / Desmond Elliot And Chioma Chukwuka Akpotha's Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by Bhelamblog(m): 7:15am On Feb 17, 2018
Osita Iheme a.k.a Pawpaw and Chinedu Ikedieze a.k.a Aki has revealed how they came into limelight with the help of Late Chukwuka Emelionwu, popularly known as Kasvid who created their screen name 'Aki and Pawpaw'.

Kasvid died last month in a fatal accident, while on his way to his village in Anambra State.

He was reputed to have produced popular movies such as “Mr. Ibu in London”, The last Burial”, August Meeting”, Isakaba”, ‘Aki na Ukwa among other movies.

The same person created such movie characters as Mr. Ibu, Aki and Pawpaw.

The actors during a candlelight/tribute night which was organized by Nollywood stakeholders on Tuesday, paid their heartbreaking tribute to him,.

According to Osita Iheme a.k.a Pawpaw, Kasvid was his boss before he later became his friend.

“Kasvid was my boss who later became my friend. I met him in 2002, in Eungu.

Then I was based in Aba, where I was horning my acting skills. I decided to relocate to Enugu to hustle. While in Enugu, Kasvid was shooting a film. When he sighted me, he developed interest in me.

He just believed in me immediately he sighted me.” Fighting back tears, Pawpaw recalled how the late film maker created the ‘Aki and Pawpaw’ brand. Narrating further, he said “Kavid asked me if I would like to go into acting.

I told him, I have been into acting way back in Aba. He then asked me again, do you know Chinedu Ikedieze who featured in the “Last Burial.” I answered him in the affirmative.

Then I didn’t know he was the producer of the Last Burial. Later, he invited a writer to write a script around Chinedu and I. That was how the movie, “Aki na Ukwa” came about.

On his own, Aki said, he met the late film maker while he was an undergraduate at Institute of Management Technology, IMT, in Enugu.

“I went for an audition, and he saw one-smart looking small boy and he immediately developed interest in me.

A week after that encounter, he visited me in my hostel on campus. Kasvid took a risk in us. He invested his money in us. He saw something in us that other producers did not see.

He made us who we are today,” Aki echoed.

News From Ebiwali-- http://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2018/02/howlate-filmmaker-kasvid-discovered-us.html

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by JOYOSITA(f): 9:25am On Feb 17, 2018
Ok
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by Matty145(m): 9:25am On Feb 17, 2018
God bless him!

16 Likes

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by Lilimax(f): 9:25am On Feb 17, 2018
Good to know.
Btw, The death of this guy (Kasvid) is still very strange to me shocked
Someone who has escaped death from his vehicle unscratched and trying to make calls only to be
killed by an on-coming vehicle at the same spot. cry
It shall never be well with the devil!
Continue to rest in peace Late Chukwuka Emelionwu

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by peacettw: 9:25am On Feb 17, 2018
That's nice
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by eseveli(m): 9:25am On Feb 17, 2018
such is life
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 17, 2018
RIP kasvid...

This is what life should be about, impacting and touching other peoples life in a positive way, and you'll have your name live on long after you've kicked the bucket.. Rather than live a broke and a bad life, and later looking for a male child to make your name live on..!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 17, 2018
I miss those glorious days of naija movies not the rubbish we have now

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by datola: 9:26am On Feb 17, 2018
I thought they said they were discovered by Usofia.
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by luemz(m): 9:26am On Feb 17, 2018
r
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by mydadsboy(m): 9:26am On Feb 17, 2018
Ok
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by luemz(m): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2018
I miss the movies of those days.... RIP director

1 Like

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 17, 2018
Kasvid really made them

1 Like

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by pri4life(f): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2018
Chai , its a pity , may his soul rest in peace.
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by TheSoothedSoul(f): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2018
I need big money, I need to do money ritual...can anybody help
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by abbaapple: 9:27am On Feb 17, 2018
Like seriously FTC angry

Modifie

shocked
Glo network
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by malache(m): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2018
hmm
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by Briteiyobo1(m): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2018
RIP to the dead
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by paulibling(m): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2018
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 17, 2018
Yawns... Hope theyve caught that snake. ?
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by lastempero: 9:28am On Feb 17, 2018
Hope he was well appreciated by u guys when he was alive not all these after death tributes that floods in once the person is dead.

5 Likes

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by kingaruoture(m): 9:30am On Feb 17, 2018
Good to remember the finger that fed you.. it is a sign that you guys are good. RIP TO THE DEAD

2 Likes

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by WebSurfer(m): 9:30am On Feb 17, 2018
Abeg who was the script writer ?

1 Like

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by YOUNGrapha(m): 9:30am On Feb 17, 2018
AKI NA UKWA

best nollywood comic movie till today kiss

1 Like

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by josh123(m): 9:31am On Feb 17, 2018
TheSoothedSoul:
use one of ur breast

3 Likes

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by millionboi2: 9:31am On Feb 17, 2018
Locate ur destiny helper s
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 17, 2018
Last burial, Akin na ukwa, isakaba was the real deal.
Such a talented man, RIP.

2 Likes

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 17, 2018
TheSoothedSoul:
so you're also part of the few people who believe in these fetish things...

Work harder and pray for God's blessings upon your hustle..

1 Like

Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by annexes: 9:32am On Feb 17, 2018
What's glorious about those days? Ode
stephenmorris:
I miss those glorious days of naija movies not the rubbish we have now
Re: 'How Chukwuka Emelionwu Kasvid Discovered Us' - Aki And Pawpaw by Suko110(m): 9:32am On Feb 17, 2018
Forget not thy root. May he rest in peace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Charly Boy And Femi Kuti Photographed Chilling Together / Uche Maduagwu Replies OAP Freeze, After He Revealed His 'Identity' As Flyer Boy / Waje's See-Through Wangerayu Outfit At The UBA CEO Awards (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.