Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,035 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. (33892 Views)

Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos / Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by deebrain(m): 12:25pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ouch
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by slightlyMad(f): 12:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
kaylo31:

Its an emergency exit, anyone assigned to sit next to it is usually taught how to open it in case of an emergency and people need to get out. Its not so difficult to open once its explained to you.

Nope, it does not work that way, that door will only open when the main door opens.

It is controlled from the main door.
If not, anyone who is mentally unbalance can just open it.

1 Like

Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by Oju4190: 12:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
[quote author=phrancys001 post=65134914]Still don't get it was the airplane door an egg shell that can be easily dismounted? [/quot
Bro,if it is difficult to open then it is not an emergency door. It is very easier to open than cracking an egg shell.
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
dumb defence!
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
Emergency Exit Doors are not locked and easily operated, they are used in case of emergency occurrence as mean for escape. So YES, the doors are easily to be removed!
Bonaventura:
Damage control. Is the door condom that can easily be removed?

1 Like

Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by BabatCargo(m): 12:30pm On Feb 17, 2018
Bad reporting
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 17, 2018
very disappointing what nl has come to.

someone posts this beer palour rubbish , and another pushes it to fp

a passenger activated the emergency door and there was no alarm whatsoever?
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by UnknownT: 12:35pm On Feb 17, 2018
LOL!!! This reminds me of an incidence that happened when i entered The young motor from Abuja to PHC. Initially i sat closed to the window,
i saw a knob i felt was an AC controller, never knew it was for CAR HEATER. I switched the knob on, later moved seat, when the journey started,
people closer to the vent of the knob were complaining seriously of hotness around their feet. It was only when we stopped somewhere, the driver came down, inspected and started asking who switched the Heater on, i just bone cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by baby124: 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
Lmao. Trust me, no Mr Ahmed exists. If he does let them publish their passenger list and this man’s payment details plus address. Bloody liars.
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by iamjavadem(m): 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
Judging by comments here it is obvious most of you haven’t been on a plane before. The Dana story sounds circumstantial because nobody actually saw him tamper with the door. Why would he tamper with the door anyway?
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by kingkaspa: 12:39pm On Feb 17, 2018
Asowari:
help me ask them
Emergency exit doors are meant to be easily open during an emergency. Passengers assigned to seats close to the exit are shown how to operate them. Nigerians are fond of blaming the government or system always and don't bother to research and learn more.
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by designVATExcel: 12:40pm On Feb 17, 2018
This write up reeks of bias. Please Dana hire better publicity folks, I could have come up with 100 million more believable explanations.

It's all about packaging, what you wrote above, though highly unlikely, might be true, but the content is packaged so poorly that people will easily object.
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by misterh(m): 12:46pm On Feb 17, 2018
phrancys001:
Still don't get it was the airplane door an egg shell that can be easily dismounted?
Punctuations, please!!
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by seanswitch(m): 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2018
So any Tom dick and Harry can compromise the security of the emergency door? Abeg don't let those qaeda read this o.
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by efilefun(m): 12:50pm On Feb 17, 2018
Imagine and the passenger wasnt a nigerian to cover up the lies more and they had to choose David Ahmed so people will start guessing which religion lol awon ode oshiii dem don see tata
holupisayor:
Mr Ahmed well done o
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by linkszelda: 1:10pm On Feb 17, 2018
kaffyadeakeem:
Don't understand. Does he has screwdriver and chisel to comot the door.Dana air has query to answer

it is an emergency door which pops out once the lever is pulled in an emergency situation

1 Like

Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by linkszelda: 1:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
linkszelda:

it is an emergency door which pops out once the lever is pulled in an emergency situation
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by cutelover19(m): 1:12pm On Feb 17, 2018
Funniest thing is that most of the commenters have never been on a plane before. grin cool
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by otopxy: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
An dana came here to tell us it was fake news
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by adaxxy: 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2018
phrancys001:
Still don't get it was the airplane door an egg shell that can be easily dismounted?
so flexible to open..
You'll be surprised
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 17, 2018
publish200:
Preliminary investigations revealed that, the Dana Air crew did not assign the emergency door to him but the man Mr David Ahmed insisted on sitting at the emergency exit and after a while, knowing what he had done, called the crew and changed his seat. 

According to the source, the passenger\'s movement from one seat to another, around the exit door which was not originally assigned to him  confirmed that he had something up his sleeves. 

On landing in Lagos, Mr Ahmed a Lebanese national was relaxed and did not event express any fear. While other passengers were taking pictures, the passenger looked carefree. ‎

The is a clear lesson to all air travellers. always watch the person beside you because safety and security is everyone's business. 

I have said it times without number, that Dana Air remains the safest airline in Nigeria having had some experience in the past and improved its safety rating for the past 6 years since 2012. 

Dana Air  has however refused to issue a statement so it deosnt seem its still accusing its passenger.  

The man is presently on the run and has refused to honour NCAA's invite for questioning. The airline is on the other hand considering a legal option. 

We are watching ‎

http://www.abujapress.com/2018/02/the-passenger-that-caused-dana-air.html?m=1

How much were you paid by dana? Maybe 5k for all these trash! Shame on you
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by adaxxy: 1:33pm On Feb 17, 2018
kaffyadeakeem:
Don't understand. Does he has screwdriver and chisel to comot the door.Dana air has query to answer
it's flushed to be body of the airplane and can not be opened when air plane is pressurized..
The doors has seals and can only be opened when the airplane is depressurised.

1 Like

Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by Inova(m): 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2018
slightlyMad:
So instead of this old airline to focus on fixing its dilapidated aircraft, they are busy looking for someone to put the blame on and thought their innocent passenger should carry their cross.

The Lebanese man obviously left the seat out of fear on seeing the soon to come off door shaking you m0rons.

If after this attitude anyone deems it fit to mount Dana aircraft with a recent crash history.
Good luck to them
Please stop talking like this.
If anyone tampers with the emergency doors it will open. That's why it's called emergency. Anyone can open it provided it's withing the air pressure limit(ie when the plane is on ground).
A 17 yrs old did same in usa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpYso7AhY-g
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by Inova(m): 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2018
Please let this educate us as Nairaland is international. A white friend who I introduced to Nairaland was so disappointed with the comments he read on this topic saying "Clearly Members of Nairaland are not educated".
So with that in mind, I'm sending this yourube link to anyone who desires to be educated or enlightened. This doors just don't pop out by themselves. Someone would have triggered it. (Sorry one of the videos is not in English)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RULALwUizg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpYso7AhY-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPspNE59OaA
Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by kingkaspa: 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2018
slightlyMad:

Nope, it does not work that way, that door will only open when the main door opens.

It is controlled from the main door.
If not, anyone who is mentally unbalance can just open it.
I was not contesting the premise that the main door need to open before the emergency only the fact that it is easy to open when the emergency situation is initiated. Most emergency exit can only open when the plane is below a specific altitude.

1 Like

Re: Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. by Inova(m): 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
kingkaspa:
I was not contesting the premise that the main door need to open before the emergency only the fact that it is easy to open when the emergency situation is initiated. Most emergency exit can only open when the plane is below a specific altitude.

True talk. This is pure evidence that Nairaland still has educated and smart folks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Cape Verde / Driver Breaks LASTMA Official’s Leg (photos) / Out And About In Limerick City, Ireland - Nairalander Shares Experience. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.