Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official (989 Views)

Ondo Bank Robbers Kill Journalist, Policeman, Okada Rider During Robbery / Graphic Photos From The Ondo Bank Robbery Attack / Robbers Attack Ondo Bank, Four Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by ijustdey: 10:17am On Feb 17, 2018
Peter Dada , Akure

A man , 32- year - old Toluwalase Ojulowo, became violent in a branch of First Bank Plc at at Alagbaka area of Akure , Ondo State, on Friday , destroying expensive equipment and beating up an official at the bank in the process .

The customer was said to have entered the banking at about 1 pm to complain that his account was wrongly debited .

According to an eyewitness , the man went to the customer care unit of the bank to lodge a complaint but the explanation by the officer in charge of the customer care unit infuriated him and he started beating the officer .

The eyewitness said , “After leaving the customer care desk, he went straight to the counter where he started destroying many computers with an iron rod . He also smashed one of the money counting machines and ordered all the workers to get out of the bank immediately.

“ He started shouting ‘ I will bring down this bank . Everybody should leave now , I am a citizen of this country , why will they deduct my money without explanation . Bleep everybody here, ” he was heard saying .

For about 30 minutes , activities in the bank were halted while the other customers in the bank rushed out for safety . The bank officials too quickly rushed out of the banking hall. The bank was said to have closed work for the day following the incident .

It was learnt that a soldier who was in the banking hall when the incident happened invited policemen that took the customer away .

When contacted , the Police Public Relations Officer in the state , Mr Femi Joseph confirmed the incident , saying the command had commenced investigation into the matter.

“ We are yet to ascertain the sanity level of the man but he is with us . We have commenced investigation into the matter, ” Joseph said .

http://punchng.com/customer-goes-mad-in-ondo-bank-beats-official/

lalasticlala
Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by Sprumbabafather: 10:20am On Feb 17, 2018
The type of hunger in the south west tie wrapper, people now resort to violence to survive. It was Buharri who brought the stamp duty the man was crying about. Enjoy the change you voted for.

2 Likes

Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by wahles(m): 10:22am On Feb 17, 2018
Needed!
Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by dingbang(m): 10:24am On Feb 17, 2018
As a customer service personnel, it is your duty to manage customers' expectations effectively rather than ignite anger. Whether its a bank you work at or any other organization, managing customers is very key. Its not a skill that you just acquire in one week, its a character. First of all, you find out the situation and if valid, you apologize to the customer and inform him/her his challenge will be resolved within a time frame.

As they say, customer is always right.

1 Like

Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by samkay3g(m): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2018
chai, pple just dey frustrated walai... some pple even come online to vent dia anger
Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by sinkhole: 10:35am On Feb 17, 2018
The way bank official treat customers in NIgeria is awful and that is what I think has driven this man to madness!
Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by sinkhole: 10:39am On Feb 17, 2018
dingbang:
As a customer service personnel, it is your duty to manage customers' expectations effectively rather than ignite anger. Whether its a bank you work at or any other organization, managing customers is very key. Its not a skill that you just acquire in one week, its a character. First of all, you find out the situation and if valid, you apologize to the customer and inform him/her his challenge will be resolved within a time frame.

Even if not valid, you still apologize all the same before explaining what you think might have been the problem.
Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by edmaraja: 10:58am On Feb 17, 2018
How much dem even collect for the account wey make am turn Bruce Lee inside bank?
Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by edmaraja: 10:58am On Feb 17, 2018
Chai!!! NwaAmaikpe is viewing..... It's about to happen grin

1 Like

Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by NwaAmaikpe: 11:00am On Feb 17, 2018
dingbang:

shocked

You are absolutely right.
And that's my grouse with one Nigerian bank.

My neighbor who happens to be their customer visited one of their branches,
Walked into the bulkroom and took a few bundles of money he saw on the table because he was broke.

The staff did not only humiliate him verbally, they beat him and even got the police to arrest him.

It's so sad, because most Nigerian organizations do not know that the customer is not only king but is always right.
Even when he is wrong, the customer is always right.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by dingbang(m): 11:03am On Feb 17, 2018
sinkhole:

Even if not valid, you still apologize all the same before explaining what you think might have been the problem.
so are you telling me, a customer comes to the bank to complain that a certain amount of money was removed from his/her account and upon investigation it was found out that someone maybe a friend or the customer revealed his pin to someone and his money was stolen, then the bank apologizes? Really? Its not the bank's fault for the customer's carelessness. That's why I said, "if valid"

The bank will assist the customer in tracking out he fraudster
Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by dingbang(m): 11:09am On Feb 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Walked into the bulkroom and took a few bundles of money he saw on the table because he was broke.

The staff did not only humiliate him verbally, they beat him and even got the police to arrest him.

It's so sad, because most Nigerian organizations do not know that the customer is not only king but is always right.

hahahhahahha.. You this nwamaikpe.. In this situation, the customer is very wrong grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by sinkhole: 11:32am On Feb 17, 2018
dingbang:
so are you telling me, a customer comes to the bank to complain that a certain amount of money was removed from his/her account and upon investigation it was found out that someone maybe a friend or the customer revealed his pin to someone and his money was stolen, then the bank apologizes? Really? Its not the bank's fault for the customer's carelessness. That's why I said, "if valid"

The bank will assist the customer in tracking out he fraudster
A statement like this
"We are sorry for this problem, but as you could see from your account details, you withdrew so so and at so and so date and therefore the fault is actually yours and not ours, but notwithstanding, we think this problem could be solved if you do this and that and we will also help by doing this or that ....."
Who will not feel happy after such interaction?
Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by sinkhole: 11:36am On Feb 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Seriously, you meant that really happened?
That is STEALING and your neighbor needs some real time in a police cell
Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by dingbang(m): 11:46am On Feb 17, 2018
sinkhole:
A statement like this
"We are sorry for this problem, but as you could see from your account details, you withdrew so so and at so and so date and therefore the fault is actually yours and not ours, but notwithstanding, we think this problem could be solved if you do this and that and we will also help by doing this or that ....."
Who will not feel happy after such interaction?
the only time the organization will be sorry would be when the organization didn't notify the customer using channels like SMS alert.

1 Like

Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by crismark(m): 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2018
dis bad economy dey frustrate pple sha
Re: Customer Goes ‘mad’ In Ondo Bank, Beats Official by dre11(m): 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
Cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Police Nab Kidnappers Terrorising Arondizuogu In Imo(photos) / First Photo Of Deji Adeyanju After Release From Prison / Student Remove Wig From Lecturer Head While Teaching In Class. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.