Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

How Not To Build Your Website!!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Not To Build Your Website!!! (345 Views)

I Can Build Your Website And Blog For You / How To Build Your Free Website Using Our Free Website Builder / Learn How To Build Your E-commerce Website Like Jumia Using Wordpress For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Not To Build Your Website!!! by resosdigital(m): 1:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
It is 2018 and everyone wants to be found online. Individuals and businesses are all racing to put up their websites but the sad truth remains that only a handful actually build their websites the right way.

Today, I will show you the mistakes people make when building their websites and how not to make theses mistakes yourself.

1. Not Building Responsively: In 2015, it reported that about 60% of all internet traffic originated from mobile and handheld devices. We are now in 2018 and that figure should have increased significantly. if your build your website without a responsive design, you are already losing more than 60% of your potential clients. If your website doesn't scale down properly to smaller screens, forces mobile users to pinch and zoom to view it, forces them to scroll vertically or some features don't work properly on mobile than you are losing a large portion of your client-base. To overcome the problem of responsiveness, you should build your website using a responsive framework like twitter bootstrap or using css3 media queries.

2. Building It to Your Taste: I can't be serious now, can I? But the truth is that most businesses build their websites without even considering how it would appeal to their potential clients. Remember, you are not the one that will be using the website, they are. you should try to discover what appeals to your users: their preferred layouts, their literacy levels, things they find offensive etc. By having this kind of knowledge on your potential clients, you will build a website that they would truly love and keep coming back to.

3. Not Optimized for Speed: A fast loading webpage has multiple advantages: they rank better in google search result pages, their bounce rates are much lower and they usually convert better. Moreover if your website takes ages to load, your users will get frustrated and leave. To boost your website's page load time, you need to make sure your website is built with a clean and well-structured code. Also, make sure all database tables are properly indexed and queries are only constructed around the indexed columns.

Thanks for your time.

Short Bio about me:

My name is Eberechi Onyechere and I help individuals, businesses and organisations grow their client base and improve profit margins by designing and developing rapid, modern, responsive and scalable websites and web applications that not only look great but are highly optimized to turn users into long-term loyal customers.

If you want me to help you grow your business by building an online presence for you, kindly go to http://www.resosdigital.com/website-development and fill out the form so I will know exactly how best to help you.

After you submit the form, you will receive a no-obligation free quote from me concerning your website.

You can contact me through whatsapp on: 08166582035

(1) (Reply)

I Need Facebook Registration System Integrated On P H P website For Pay / Get Started With Your First Blog / Links To New Web Development Jobs In Nigeria And The Skills Required

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.