Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative (10430 Views)

Distribution Of Cleaner Lagos Initiative Thrash Bags Begins / Trucks And Buses For Cleaner Lagos Initiative To Begin Work In 2018 / What Is Happening To Lagos...Refuse Everywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by nedu2000(m): 11:04am On Feb 19, 2018
So what do you expect us the citizens to do,call police for them? This new APC ideology of blame everyone else other than themselves in apalling.

1 Like

Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by seguno2: 11:06am On Feb 19, 2018
Jaytecq:
no transparency from the beginning.

.....because it was only for stealing money while pretending to be doing something sexy.

1 Like

Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by kingviny: 11:07am On Feb 19, 2018
What is wrong in doing things in phases? why did Visionscope decide take everything (the whole of Lagos) when they could have handled say the Island first and then the Mainland later. While concentrating their workforce on one part they would be able to make meaningful impact. PSP can still handle the other parts pending the time when they would have perfected their act before deciding to take on the whole of Lagos.

The rains are coming, potential epidemics are forming... Mr. Governor, please do the needful and call your boys to order. Fashola's PSP as far as my area is concerned have not been effective yet they are still bringing bills. Visionscope can look for the ones among them that are effective and outsource some of the jobs to them. Everyone of them must be proactive because some of the refuse being pilled on the roads are falling back into the drainage channels thereby creating a future flooding crisis for Lagos. A stitch in time saves nine ooo!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by seguno2: 11:09am On Feb 19, 2018
nedu2000:
So what do you expect us the citizens to do,call police for them? This new APC ideology of blame everyone else other than themselves in apalling.

Very appalling.
If they cannot perform, can’t they resign?
Who forced them to run for political office?
From Buhari. Now Ambode.
Bloody loafers gbogbo.
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by AntiWailer: 11:19am On Feb 19, 2018
Thank God it is not Jonathan this time.
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by desmond2pk: 11:47am On Feb 19, 2018
See how stupid Nigerians are. Some people are supporting this useless official.
So people should not throw away their dirty, so that you are achieve your political glory?
Do you know how dirty lagos is ?
The dirty those " sabotuers" are throwing away should be in their bedroom? The should conceal it in their living room, so that you cab achieve your political glory?
Can somebody sack this guy? He has failed on arrival
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Feraz(m): 11:50am On Feb 19, 2018
I'm picking holes from this story. Is there any pedestrian bridge at Idumagbo? The one I know is located at Idumota.

kingviny:
What is wrong in doing things in phases? why did Visionscope decide take everything (the whole of Lagos) when they could have handled say the Island first and then the Mainland later. While concentrating their workforce on one part they would be able to make meaningful impact. PSP can still handle the other parts pending the time when they would have perfected their act before deciding to take on the whole of Lagos.

The rains are coming, potential epidemics are forming... Mr. Governor, please do the needful and call your boys to order. Fashola's PSP as far as my area is concerned have not been effective yet they are still bringing bills. Visionscope can look for the ones among them that are effective and outsource some of the jobs to them. Everyone of them must be proactive because some of the refuse being pilled on the roads are falling back into the drainage channels thereby creating a future flooding crisis for Lagos. A stitch in time saves nine ooo!
Thank you. The incoming rain together with this waste disposal technique is a disaster waiting to happen.

naptu2:
That's exactly what Oyinlola said.

So history is repeating itself?

Cromcruach91:

Come,now, there was no where in the report that implied blaming any past or present leader.

The problem of cleanliness in Nigeria is the fault of Nigerians, not LAMWA, or any govt agency.

So, if you want to blame anyone...blame you, me and everyone else that does not put his or her refuse away properly

At times, many of you just feel the citizens are to blame. During Fashola's and Tinubu's time, these waste disposal trucks do move from street to street while people come out with their trash and empty them into these trucks. There was also the option of cart pushers for those who missed disposing theirs as these cart pushers paid certain amount where they properly dispose them. Rarely will you see dirty streets or roads as the options were numerous.

What did Ambode do? He came in and banned them and arrested many of them. Now, how do people dispose of their trash? They have been told to leave them somewhere on the pavements of some roads (heck, many places have a refuse dump in front of them). Of course, it's not proper but people's options were banned without an alternative (due to underestimating the volume of trash generated daily in the state) and this is the chaos we currently are experiencing. They should have done this gradually and not outright ban.

2 Likes

Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by suco01(m): 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
on this take Ambode cleaner lagos initiative is a sabotage on Fashola Lawma #bringbackourlawma. Ogbeni Ambode if u think u know it all, on this particular one u have failed jst note the beef continues cos sm1 else will come afta u nd rubbish your idea too...

2 Likes

Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by suco01(m): 12:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
Feraz:
I'm picking holes from this story. Is there any pedestrian bridge at Idumagbo? The one I know is located at Idumota.

Thank you. The incoming rain together with this waste disposal technique is a disaster waiting to happen.

So history is repeating itself?

At times, many of you just feel the citizens are to blame. During Fashola's and Tinubu's time, these waste disposal trucks do move from street to street while people come out with their trash and empty them into these trucks. There was also the option of cart pushers for those who missed disposing theirs as these cart pushers paid certain amount where they properly dispose them. Rarely will you see dirty streets or roads as the options were numerous.

What did Ambode do? He came in and banned them and arrested many of them. Now, how do people dispose of their trash? They have been told to leave them somewhere on the pavements of some roads (heck, many places have a refuse dump in front of them). Of course, it's not proper but people's options were banned without an alternative (due to underestimating the volume of trash generated daily in the state) and this is the chaos we currently are experiencing. They should have done this gradually and not outright ban.

Dont mind Ambode he is living in the pain of the past. All i see in him is he wants to rubbish all fashola innovation meanwhile he is wrong cos he is working on fashola blue print on evrything he has been doing...
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by jobbers: 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
really
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Dollabiz: 12:55pm On Feb 19, 2018
Oh
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by three: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
Apparently there's a place in Lagos where Saboteurs go to buy large amounts of waste in order to place in wring locations and tarnish the government's image

2 Likes

Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Shayooluwah(m): 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2018
I had to write this last night. Seems more has to be done concerning our environment.

https://www.quora.com/What-needs-to-be-said-about-a-cleaner-Lagos/answer/Damilola-Oyetayo?share=cfa1cd88&srid=uV7EU
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Lomprico2: 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Come,now, there was no where in the report that implied blaming any past or present leader.

The problem of cleanliness in Nigeria is the fault of Nigerians, not LAMWA, or any govt agency.

So, if you want to blame anyone...blame you, me and everyone else that does not put his or her refuse away properly

So because it was not disposed properly, lawma refuse to clear it? You too get brain!
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by rhektor(m): 5:15pm On Feb 19, 2018
Godyke:
I do not totally agree with this official on his claims. Nobody can deliberately generate refuse with the sole aim of sabotaging an effort. It is as a result of the sudden change of arrangement by the government without considering the implications. What do you expect when the inner streets are left out in the refuse evacuation and at same time putting an outright ban on the alternatives like the Cart pushers that goes from house to house, being embraced by the people. How close are the so called designated spots to the people. Where is the time and chance for people to locate and travel to these spots to throw their refuse, judging from the busy nature of life of an average Lagos resident. As I write there are countless complaints from residents that their areas has been left out in refuse evacuation since the ban on Cart pushers came into effect and that they are overwhelmed with living with their waste. They should tackle this issue first.

Not generate to dump it in public place but they collect wastes wherever they get it and dump it in the night. So read well before attacking. The problem is that psp operators has stopped working long ago and the new company wouldn't perform any magic I am space of few weeks. Wastes are in people's houses whenever the company clears a spot people return their and dump their wastes so the work is going to be a little bit slow at the moment but in space of few months things will be better. The challenge is the populace truly have a terrible waste disposal culture
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by dapsonlou(m): 7:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
undecidedLiar, they bought only 40 trucks to clean the whole Lagos.
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by bullofafrica: 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
this method is not working at all no sweeping of roads again not to talk of refuse that littered all over the place, gov. should go back to old system of waste management . period!
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Godyke(m): 11:56pm On Feb 19, 2018
rhektor:

Not generate to dump it in public place but they collect wastes wherever they get it and dump it in the night. So read well before attacking. The problem is that psp operators has stopped working long ago and the new company wouldn't perform any magic I am space of few weeks. Wastes are in people's houses whenever the company clears a spot people return their and dump their wastes so the work is going to be a little bit slow at the moment but in space of few months things will be better. The challenge is the populace truly have a terrible waste disposal culture

How else do you want me to read it? Maybe in French translation. Stop taking sides with failure. The organization you are taking sides with are bound to fail hence their excuses. They bit more than they can chew now they blaming others for their being mouthfull which is as a result of greed. Did you say PSP stopped work long ago? The question is who stopped them. Do you know their contract was abruptly terminated without prior notice. How can some so called sabotuers (in the entire state) bring out time to start going from house to house or wherever they can find refuse just to dump in the middle of the road with the sole aim to frustrate an effort. So people no longer have important things to do with their time.

Next time you want to change a status quo you learn to carry everyone along and carefully understudy the existing structure and improve on what you meet on ground before finally taking over. Even God, according to the Bible in Exodus 23:29 told the Isrealites that

I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.

The banning of cart pushers which the people had more faith in and the termination of the contract of the existing PSP operators and the underestimation of the population of Lagos was the reason. Failing to plan is definitely planning to fail.
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Cromagnon: 1:41am On Feb 20, 2018
afroniger:
I have read the report and there could be some truth to it. The initiative is commendable but may require a bit of time to achieve its aim. The volume of waste generated within the state is crazy, and the some residents themselves are not helping matters. The government should just remain focused regardless of distractions from detractors.
govt should get out and allow private sector to clear the trash
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Cromagnon: 1:44am On Feb 20, 2018
simonlee:
Cleanliness and proper waste management is a culture Nigerians have to develop with time and not a one day policy. Get the people oriented on the need for it and stop dropping silly excuses here and there. Some Nigerians will see proper dump site but will still prefer to dump waste in drainage canals and start praying for rainfall to wash it away, thinking they're doing lawma a favour... mtchew! angry angry angry
allow private sector,send in th inspectors and fine anybody that doesn't clear their trash
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Cromagnon: 1:44am On Feb 20, 2018
omotuntun:
Strict law will do this.

First Government needs to do it's part by going to each streets either twice or 3 times in a week. Monday Wednesday Friday. Pack the used garbage.

Tax every landlord or landlady that if your gabbage is not tidy you will be fine heavily. And withold this law with no oga, my pikin, abeg.. You will see how clean Lagos will be.

But we hardly want to take the right decision. It's always na my papa, na my pikin..
wetin concine govt with private business
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Cromagnon: 1:47am On Feb 20, 2018
kinibigdeal:

How did Fashola did it that Lagos was clean without sabotage? Lame excuses
private sector
they are annoyed that he gave it to one incompetent company
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Cromagnon: 1:48am On Feb 20, 2018
Suko110:
Every new policy must affect sm1 if its d poor then no problem but if its affecting the rich or they re not gaining then they must frustrate that effort and this is our problem 'if I nor fit gain from am make we kuku spoil everything' and d govt cant do squat.
cos rich people fight for their right and poor ppl wait for miracle to happen
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Cromagnon: 1:49am On Feb 20, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad it is only here in dis obodo Niagra u pay for service not delivered. .Like Nepa like PSP pipu dem.
only when the service is rendered by govt
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by deomelllo: 2:14am On Feb 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by rhektor(m): 9:55pm On Feb 21, 2018
Godyke:

How else do you want me to read it? Maybe in French translation. Stop taking sides with failure. The organization you are taking sides with are bound to fail hence their excuses. They bit more than they can chew now they blaming others for their being mouthfull which is as a result of greed. Did you say PSP stopped work long ago? The question is who stopped them. Do you know their contract was abruptly terminated without prior notice. How can some so called sabotuers (in the entire state) bring out time to start going from house to house or wherever they can find refuse just to dump in the middle of the road with the sole aim to frustrate an effort. So people no longer have important things to do with their time.

Next time you want to change a status quo you learn to carry everyone along and carefully understudy the existing structure and improve on what you meet on ground before finally taking over. Even God, according to the Bible in Exodus 23:29 told the Isrealites that

I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.

The banning of cart pushers which the people had more faith in and the termination of the contract of the existing PSP operators and the underestimation of the population of Lagos was the reason. Failing to plan is definitely planning to fail.

You're the one taking side here man, just Tuesday night 4 psp operators were arrested I Ikeja midnight dumping refuse in a public place just forget this your rant here man we all know what is happening. For you to even say their contract was terminated without notice shows that either you don't know what you're saying or you're just being economical with truth.
Re: 'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 07, 2018
afroniger:
I have read the report and there could be some truth to it. The initiative is commendable but may require a bit of time to achieve its aim. The volume of waste generated within the state is crazy, and the some residents themselves are not helping matters. The government should just remain focused regardless of distractions from detractors.
So what do you think is the solution to Lagos waste crisis?

(1) (2) (Reply)

News Of Leah Sharibu’s Death Fake — FG / 2019: Okorocha Tackles Osita Okechukwu / Babajide Sanwo-Olu Seeks Alliance Of Gree Electric's Manufacturing Plant, China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.