Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 (7337 Views)

Benefits Of Good And Bad Deeds / Is It Permissible For Muslims To Live In The Land Of The Kuffar? / Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Empiree: 10:28pm On Feb 22, 2018
AbdelKabir:

If you can't bring proof of me discussing music with you then pls quit lying on me, the ones you've lied on me are still on your neck, you wanna add more?
We discussed something to that effect here and several other places. Still searching.....

https://www.nairaland.com/3518814/stop-listening-music-haraam
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 23, 2018
Empiree:
We discussed something to that effect here and several other places. Still searching.....

https://www.nairaland.com/3518814/stop-listening-music-haraam

Who are the "we"? did I discuss anything with you or it was you and another person in that thread? Not to talk of bringing an opinion from shaykh ibn baaz! Keep going about lying about me...
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:26am On Feb 23, 2018
Qur'an 2 vs 256.

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the right path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Lukgaf(m): 10:00am On Feb 23, 2018
Thanks Bro Rashduct4luv, Islam is the best

1 Like

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by aminu790(m): 10:03am On Feb 23, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Shy away from the questions as usual! Abeg, no reply me again! I no get your time anymore! Lakum deenukum waliyadeen!
Good

1 Like

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 23, 2018
islam has no place in current times

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 23, 2018
Jazakallahu khairan,brotherin islam.
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by omusiliyu(m): 10:21am On Feb 23, 2018
Jazakallah Khaeeran... OP
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by ajumma(m): 10:22am On Feb 23, 2018
jazakallahu khair
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Talkingboy: 10:32am On Feb 23, 2018
Dear Rashduct4luv ,

May Allah save us from evils.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by madridguy(m): 10:39am On Feb 23, 2018
Dear Empiree

May Allah SWT increase you in mre knowledge, wisdom and understand. I really enjoy your submissions with valid proof both from the Qur'an and hadith.
It baffles me a lot with the way some of our Muslim brothers portray ISLAM on this platform. They make it so hard that at times I begin to ask myself if there is no GRACE for we Muslims. They condemned everything without solid proof and fact and this has misled a lot of people and make the non Muslim see us as backward people.

For the Sheikhs, this has generated heat argument between me and girl friend, she sees measuring their names as Shirk and I made her to understand the fact that without this people " Sheikhs " you and I may not meet ISLAM today. Because these people did great Jihad to keep Islam till today especially in Nigeria.

May Allah mercy be with them all.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by madridguy(m): 10:40am On Feb 23, 2018
He should ignore him since he cannot match up with his fact?

Talkingboy:
Dear Rashduct4luv ,

Thumbs up.

I didn't finish reading ur chats with Em.pireee . I got discouraged at some point . Ithink u should just ignore him.

How can u say MUSIC is halal ?

May Allah save us from evils.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Talkingboy: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2018
madridguy:

Allahu alam
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by madridguy(m): 11:05am On Feb 23, 2018
Better.

Talkingboy:

Allahu alam
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:38pm On Feb 23, 2018
madridguy:

What are you saying? From the list i posted how many did i not provide evidence for? It's left for Muslims with eyes to see and follow the truth! We know Empiree before!
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by madridguy(m): 3:15pm On Feb 23, 2018
Yes we the liberal Muslims on this thread are with empiree

Rashduct4luv:

What are you saying? From the list i posted how many did i not provide evidence for? It's left for Muslims with eyes to see and follow the truth! We know Empiree before!
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
madridguy:

What's your own definition of liberal Muslim and who preceded you in it?
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by ibrahim2s4: 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
JazakaLLAHU KHAIRAN for these reminders,,, may ALLAH make it beneficial for everyone of us.
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Bimpe29: 5:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
May we be rightly guided always. Jazakallahu khair
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Empiree: 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

What are you saying? From the list i posted how many did i not provide evidence for? It's left for Muslims with eyes to see and follow the truth! We know Emp.iree before!
what do you know about me?. I provided evidence and I have told you the context music is forbidden and also posted video showing your shuyukh danced to songs. So I'm saying anything strange or you simply don't understand?. I'm trying to correct you that all musics are not Haram. All music means including apala, Waka, Islamic praises etc. Are you saying those Alfa, mufti, Maulana who were musicians and have long gone are heretics?.

And lastly @madridguy, thanks for the compliment. I honestly don't subscribe to adjectives thing. I only believe that Muslims of different views, whatever prefixes they added to their Muslim title, they all have positive things to offer. Whether liberal, fundamentalist, conservative. I'm for all if they understand religious text in their context and with time.
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by baio: 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
Empiree:
Which Sheikh?. Your Sheikh in the video?. Thats your problem. I see no problem with baba oni baba dancing and happy.

Now digest this,

Volume 2, Book 15, Number 103:

Narrated 'Urwa on the authority of 'Aisha:

On the days of Mina, (11th, 12th, and 13th of Dhul-Hijjah) Abu Bakr came to her while two young girls were beating the tambourine and the Prophet was lying covered with his clothes. Abu Bakr scolded them and the Prophet uncovered his face and said to Abu Bakr, "Leave them, for these days are the days of 'Id and the days of Mina." 'Aisha further said, "Once the Prophet was screening me and I was watching the display of black slaves in the Mosque and ('Umar) scolded them. The Prophet said, 'Leave them. O Bani Arfida! (carry on), you are safe (protected)'."

Volume 2, Book 15, Number 72:

Narrated Aisha:

Abu Bakr came to my house while two small Ansari girls were singing beside me the stories of the Ansar concerning the Day of Buath. And they were not singers. Abu Bakr said protestingly, "Musical instruments of Satan in the house of Allah's Apostle !" It happened on the 'Id day and Allah's Apostle said, "O Abu Bakr! There is an 'Id for every nation and this is our 'Id."

Volume 2, Book 15, Number 70:

Narrated Aisha:

Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) came to my house while two girls were singing beside me the songs of Buath (a story about the war between the two tribes of the Ansar, the Khazraj and the Aus, before Islam). The Prophet (p.b.u.h) lay down and turned his face to the other side. Then Abu Bakr came and spoke to me harshly saying, "Musical instruments of Satan near the Prophet (p.b.u.h) ?" Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) turned his face towards him and said, "Leave them." When Abu Bakr became inattentive, I signalled to those girls to go out and they left. It was the day of 'Id, and the Black people were playing with shields and spears; so either I requested the Prophet (p.b.u.h) or he asked me whether I would like to see the display. I replied in the affirmative. Then the Prophet (p.b.u.h) made me stand behind him and my cheek was touching his cheek and he was saying, "Carry on! O Bani Arfida," till I got tired. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) asked me, "Are you satisfied (Is that sufficient for you)?" I replied in the affirmative and he told me to leave.

Music which incites the love of Allah, His Prophet (SAW), Awliya, and that of country (or Jihad) etc does not come under the category of haram. Almost every Hadith which talks against music also speaks against drinking (alcohol), doing zina with girls etc. So these Ahadith criticize that kind of music which can arouse sexual desires and can lead a person to drinking and zina etc. The music used in Qawali etc doesnt arouse sexual desires, but incites the love of Allah and His Prophet (SAW), so it does not come under the prohibited category. There are many events where music was played in the presence of the Prophet (SAW) and he didnt forbid it. As the Prophet (SAW) cannot allow a haram thing in his presence, so music is not haram (according to those scholars).

#On some occasions, when some Sahabi tried to stop someone from playing music, the Prophet (SAW) asked them to continue with their music. This kind of acceptance was not possible for a haram act .

#At some marriage occasions the Prophet (SAW) ordered Sahaba to play some music and said that the difference between a marriage and zina is music (which serves as an announcement of that marriage).
Dear brothers, Salam alaekum warahmatullah.
As interesting and educating your argument is let's not forget the etiquettes of argument. May Almighty ALLAH remove any for of arrogance and pride from our soul.
On this issue of music and the evidence you brought, I would advise you to read the entire topic from the book of habit which you brought the evidence from from the beginning of the topic which has the hadiths before and after revelation came to prophet on music ban. That's why the imams doesn't have any argument where music is concerned. Pls kindly do this with an open heart and mind. And for the sake of being a better Muslim and gaining knowledge. May Almighty ALLAH reward us all.
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by iamgenius(m): 11:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
madridguy:

I don't even know what to say to you, Liberal Muslims. You should be ashamed.
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by madridguy(m): 12:49am On Feb 24, 2018
Ashamed of what?

iamgenius:
I don't even know what to say to you, Liberal Muslims. You should be ashamed.
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Empiree: 2:09am On Feb 24, 2018
baio:

Dear brothers, Salam alaekum warahmatullah.
As interesting and educating your argument is let's not forget the etiquettes of argument. May Almighty ALLAH remove any for of arrogance and pride from our soul.
On this issue of music and the evidence you brought, I would advise you to read the entire topic from the book of habit which you brought the evidence from from the beginning of the topic which has the hadiths before and after revelation came to prophet on music ban. That's why the imams doesn't have any argument where music is concerned. Pls kindly do this with an open heart and mind. And for the sake of being a better Muslim and gaining knowledge. May Almighty ALLAH reward us all.
walaikum salaam

As i have said before, opinion varies. You can do better sir by providing evidence that the ayah in the Quran was revealed to ban music after it was allowed. For instance, visiting graves was always tradition before nabi Muhammad(saw). He(saaw) temporarily banned it at the outstart of islam but later allowed it. That was clear. If you have evidence for this on music kindly present it. Besides, when we say music, we not talking about many in this modern time which involve, evil, sinful speeches (fawaish). Past Ulama themselves differ on Ma’aazif. While some considered it to mean singing and drumming, other said it simply means bad talks, sinful speeches etc

Al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this includes all manner of haraam speech, all idle talk and falsehood, and all nonsense that encourages kufr and disobedience; the words of those who say things to refute the truth and argue in support of falsehood to defeat the truth; and backbiting, slander, lies, insults and curses; the singing and musical instruments of the Shaytaan; and musical instruments which are of no spiritual or worldly benefit. (Tafseer al-Sa’di, 6/150)

This issue is very old and was resolved long time ago. Imam al-Ghazzali, one of the most famous Muslim scholars, writing almost a thousand years ago, reported several Ahadith and came to the following conclusion: “All these Ahadith are reported by al-Bukhari and singing and playing are not haram.” Al-Ghazzali also convincingly answered many critics who had raised such objections in his book, “Ihya Ulum al-Deen.”

Those who are opposed to music, quote this Hadith:

“Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 69, Number 494v: Narrated Abu ‘Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash’ari: that he heard the Prophet saying, “From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, ‘Return to us tomorrow.’ Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection.”

It is dangerous to form an opinion on the basis of one or two Hadiths, and Hadith literature should be considered as raw data. Each Hadith should be evaluated and compared with other Ahadith as well as with other historical sources. The problem is that we usually don’t know the context of each Hadith, and it is difficult to know under what circumstances the Prophet (s.a.w) made certain statements.

The above Hadith most likely refers to musical instruments used in drinking parties during the period of “jahiliyaa” (pre-Islamic era) in which even men wore silk clothes and orgies included illegal sexual intercourse. Taken by itself, the Hadith should also ban silk, but that is not the case and silk is permitted for women. That is why it is important to look at all Ahadith and not come to a hasty conclusion. There are other Ahadiths which clearly show that musical instruments are permitted: For example this Hadith:

“Volume 6, Book 61, Number 568: Narrated Abu Musa: That the Prophet said to him’ ‘O Abu Musa! You have been given one of the musical wind-instruments of the family of David .’”

Critics also argue that music instruments are ONLY allowed during festivities. They quote this Hadith:

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 15, Number 72: Narrated Aisha: Abu Bakr came to my house while two small Ansari girls were singing beside me the stories of the Ansar concerning the Day of Buath. And they were not singers. Abu Bakr said protestingly, “Musical instruments of Satan in the house of Allah’s Apostle !” It happened on the ‘Id day and Allah’s Apostle said, “O Abu Bakr! There is an ‘Id for every nation and this is our ‘Id.”

That Hadith again has to be studied in proper context because the Prophet (pbuh) not only permitted singing on other occasions, he recommended it. “Aishah narrated that when her relative was married to an Ansari man, the Prophet (s.a.w) said: ‘Aishah, did they have any entertainment? The Ansar are fond of Entertainment.” He didn’t say they were fond of entertainment only on festivities or that it was wrong but allowed on some occasions.

In another Hadith, “Ibn Abbas said, ‘Aishah gave a girl relative of hers in marriage to a man of the Ansar. The Prophet (s.a.w) came and asked, ‘Did you send a singer along with her?’ ‘No,’ she said. The Messenger of Allah then said: ‘The Ansar are a people who love poetry. You should have sent along someone who would sing, ‘here we come, to you we come, greet us as we greet you.'”

Music-haters also reference this Hadith: “Anas ibn Malik related from the Prophet (saws) that, “two cursed sounds are that of the musical instrument(mizmaar) played on the occasion of joy and grace, and the woeful wailing upon the occasion of adversity.”

It is not difficult to find contradictory Ahadith. However, almost all scholars of Islam are of the view that singing is not only permitted, it is recommended on the occasions of Eid, weddings, births, aqiqahs, and on the return of a traveler. {See Yusuf al-Qardawi’s “The Lawful and the Prohibited in Islam.”] Qardawi in the same book also states the following: “It is reported that many Companions of the Prophet (may Allah be pleased with them) as well as second generation Muslim scholars used to listen to singing and did not see anything wrong with it. As for the Ahadith which have been reported against singing, they all are weak and have been shown by researchers to be unsound. The jurist Abu Bakr al-Arabi says, ‘No sound Hadith is available concerning the prohibition of singing,’ while Ibn Hazm says, ‘ All that is reported on this subject is false and fabricated…he who listens to singing intending neither obedience nor disobedience in doing something neutral and harmless, which is similar to going to the park and walking around, standing by a window and looking at the sky, wearing blue or green clothes, and so on.'”

The best answer was given by Ibn Hazm who quoted another verse: “And what is beyond the truth except error?” (Quran 10:32). In other words, those who are prohibiting something which God has not forbidden, for no apparent reason, are simply falling into error.

Then there are some Muslims who argue that only drums are allowed. That too is false. Note the Hadith that I have quoted above:
“Narrated Abu Musa: “That the Prophet said to him ‘O Abu Musa! You have been given one of the musical wind-instruments of the family of David.'”

That makes it obvious that Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) was not opposed to wind instruments. So there goes your “drums are OK” theory. Secondly, what is permitted on Eid day is also permitted on other days. There is not a single Hadith which says that what is permitted for Eid is not acceptable on other days. Muslims have been enjoying Music since the beginning of Islam with no guilt whatsoever.
https://www.quora.com/Is-music-prohibited-in-Islam-Why

Op however insist that ALL musics are haram. This is my line of disagreement.
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Empiree: 2:10am On Feb 24, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
Qur'an 2 vs 256.

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the right path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.
this ayah doesnt apply to muslims
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by baio: 7:24am On Feb 24, 2018
Empiree:
walaikum salaam

As i have said before, opinion varies. You can do better sir by providing evidence that the ayah in the Quran was revealed to ban music after it was allowed. For instance, visiting graves was always tradition before nabi Muhammad(saw). He(saaw) temporarily banned it at the outstart of islam but later allowed it. That was clear. If you have evidence for this on music kindly present it. Besides, when we say music, we not talking about many in this modern time which involve, evil, sinful speeches (fawaish). Past Ulama themselves differ on Ma’aazif. While some considered it to mean singing and drumming, other said it simply means bad talks, sinful speeches etc

Al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this includes all manner of haraam speech, all idle talk and falsehood, and all nonsense that encourages kufr and disobedience; the words of those who say things to refute the truth and argue in support of falsehood to defeat the truth; and backbiting, slander, lies, insults and curses; the singing and musical instruments of the Shaytaan; and musical instruments which are of no spiritual or worldly benefit. (Tafseer al-Sa’di, 6/150)

This issue is very old and was resolved long time ago. Imam al-Ghazzali, one of the most famous Muslim scholars, writing almost a thousand years ago, reported several Ahadith and came to the following conclusion: “All these Ahadith are reported by al-Bukhari and singing and playing are not haram.” Al-Ghazzali also convincingly answered many critics who had raised such objections in his book, “Ihya Ulum al-Deen.”

Those who are opposed to music, quote this Hadith:

“Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 69, Number 494v: Narrated Abu ‘Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash’ari: that he heard the Prophet saying, “From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, ‘Return to us tomorrow.’ Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection.”

It is dangerous to form an opinion on the basis of one or two Hadiths, and Hadith literature should be considered as raw data. Each Hadith should be evaluated and compared with other Ahadith as well as with other historical sources. The problem is that we usually don’t know the context of each Hadith, and it is difficult to know under what circumstances the Prophet (s.a.w) made certain statements.

The above Hadith most likely refers to musical instruments used in drinking parties during the period of “jahiliyaa” (pre-Islamic era) in which even men wore silk clothes and orgies included illegal sexual intercourse. Taken by itself, the Hadith should also ban silk, but that is not the case and silk is permitted for women. That is why it is important to look at all Ahadith and not come to a hasty conclusion. There are other Ahadiths which clearly show that musical instruments are permitted: For example this Hadith:

“Volume 6, Book 61, Number 568: Narrated Abu Musa: That the Prophet said to him’ ‘O Abu Musa! You have been given one of the musical wind-instruments of the family of David .’”

Critics also argue that music instruments are ONLY allowed during festivities. They quote this Hadith:

Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 15, Number 72: Narrated Aisha: Abu Bakr came to my house while two small Ansari girls were singing beside me the stories of the Ansar concerning the Day of Buath. And they were not singers. Abu Bakr said protestingly, “Musical instruments of Satan in the house of Allah’s Apostle !” It happened on the ‘Id day and Allah’s Apostle said, “O Abu Bakr! There is an ‘Id for every nation and this is our ‘Id.”

That Hadith again has to be studied in proper context because the Prophet (pbuh) not only permitted singing on other occasions, he recommended it. “Aishah narrated that when her relative was married to an Ansari man, the Prophet (s.a.w) said: ‘Aishah, did they have any entertainment? The Ansar are fond of Entertainment.” He didn’t say they were fond of entertainment only on festivities or that it was wrong but allowed on some occasions.

In another Hadith, “Ibn Abbas said, ‘Aishah gave a girl relative of hers in marriage to a man of the Ansar. The Prophet (s.a.w) came and asked, ‘Did you send a singer along with her?’ ‘No,’ she said. The Messenger of Allah then said: ‘The Ansar are a people who love poetry. You should have sent along someone who would sing, ‘here we come, to you we come, greet us as we greet you.'”

Music-haters also reference this Hadith: “Anas ibn Malik related from the Prophet (saws) that, “two cursed sounds are that of the musical instrument(mizmaar) played on the occasion of joy and grace, and the woeful wailing upon the occasion of adversity.”

It is not difficult to find contradictory Ahadith. However, almost all scholars of Islam are of the view that singing is not only permitted, it is recommended on the occasions of Eid, weddings, births, aqiqahs, and on the return of a traveler. {See Yusuf al-Qardawi’s “The Lawful and the Prohibited in Islam.”] Qardawi in the same book also states the following: “It is reported that many Companions of the Prophet (may Allah be pleased with them) as well as second generation Muslim scholars used to listen to singing and did not see anything wrong with it. As for the Ahadith which have been reported against singing, they all are weak and have been shown by researchers to be unsound. The jurist Abu Bakr al-Arabi says, ‘No sound Hadith is available concerning the prohibition of singing,’ while Ibn Hazm says, ‘ All that is reported on this subject is false and fabricated…he who listens to singing intending neither obedience nor disobedience in doing something neutral and harmless, which is similar to going to the park and walking around, standing by a window and looking at the sky, wearing blue or green clothes, and so on.'”

The best answer was given by Ibn Hazm who quoted another verse: “And what is beyond the truth except error?” (Quran 10:32). In other words, those who are prohibiting something which God has not forbidden, for no apparent reason, are simply falling into error.

Then there are some Muslims who argue that only drums are allowed. That too is false. Note the Hadith that I have quoted above:
“Narrated Abu Musa: “That the Prophet said to him ‘O Abu Musa! You have been given one of the musical wind-instruments of the family of David.'”

That makes it obvious that Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) was not opposed to wind instruments. So there goes your “drums are OK” theory. Secondly, what is permitted on Eid day is also permitted on other days. There is not a single Hadith which says that what is permitted for Eid is not acceptable on other days. Muslims have been enjoying Music since the beginning of Islam with no guilt whatsoever.
https://www.quora.com/Is-music-prohibited-in-Islam-Why

Op however insist that ALL musics are haram. This is my line of disagreement.
May Almighty ALLAH increase us in understanding... That hadith read the commentry, sahih bukhari.. Theyre debricated hadiths.

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by baio: 7:37am On Feb 24, 2018
For your wind instrument. This hadith is proof against it
Hadith

أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ يَحْيَى، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا مَحْبُوبٌ، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ مُوسَى - قَالَ أَنْبَأَنَا أَبُو إِسْحَاقَ، - وَهُوَ الْفَزَارِيُّ - عَنِ الأَوْزَاعِيِّ، قَالَ كَتَبَ عُمَرُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ إِلَى عُمَرَ بْنِ الْوَلِيدِ كِتَابًا فِيهِ وَقَسْمُ أَبِيكَ لَكَ الْخُمُسُ كُلُّهُ وَإِنَّمَا سَهْمُ أَبِيكَ كَسَهْمِ رَجُلٍ مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ وَفِيهِ حَقُّ اللَّهِ وَحَقُّ الرَّسُولِ وَذِي الْقُرْبَى وَالْيَتَامَى وَالْمَسَاكِينِ وَابْنِ السَّبِيلِ فَمَا أَكْثَرَ خُصَمَاءَ أَبِيكَ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ فَكَيْفَ يَنْجُو مَنْ كَثُرَتْ خُصَمَاؤُهُ وَإِظْهَارُكَ الْمَعَازِفَ وَالْمِزْمَارَ بِدْعَةٌ فِي الإِسْلاَمِ وَلَقَدْ هَمَمْتُ أَنْ أَبْعَثَ إِلَيْكَ مَنْ يَجُزُّ جُمَّتَكَ جُمَّةَ السُّوءِ ‏.‏

It was narrated that Al-Awza'i said:

"Umar bin 'Abdul-'Aziz wrote a letter to 'Umar bin Al-Walid in which he said: 'The share that your father gave to you was the entire Khumus,[1] but the share that your father is entitled to is the same as that of any man among the Muslims, on which is due the rights of Allah and His Messenger, and of relatives, orphans, the poor and wayfarers. How many will dispute with your father on the Day of Resurrection! How can he be saved who has so many disputants? And your openly allowing musical instruments and wind instruments is an innovation in Islam. I was thinking of sending someone to you who would cut off your evil long hair."'

Sahih (Darussalam)

Sunan an-Nasa'i 4135
In-book : Book 38, Hadith 3
English translation : Vol. 5, Book 38, Hadith 4140

Get Hadith Collection (All in one) App:https:///8j06i9
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:41am On Feb 24, 2018
Empiree:
this ayah doesnt apply to muslims
. It can apply to those who have Muslim traits as well as non-muslim's.
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by baio: 7:42am On Feb 24, 2018
baio:
For your wind instrument. This hadith is proof against it
Hadith

أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ يَحْيَى، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا مَحْبُوبٌ، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ مُوسَى - قَالَ أَنْبَأَنَا أَبُو إِسْحَاقَ، - وَهُوَ الْفَزَارِيُّ - عَنِ الأَوْزَاعِيِّ، قَالَ كَتَبَ عُمَرُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ إِلَى عُمَرَ بْنِ الْوَلِيدِ كِتَابًا فِيهِ وَقَسْمُ أَبِيكَ لَكَ الْخُمُسُ كُلُّهُ وَإِنَّمَا سَهْمُ أَبِيكَ كَسَهْمِ رَجُلٍ مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ وَفِيهِ حَقُّ اللَّهِ وَحَقُّ الرَّسُولِ وَذِي الْقُرْبَى وَالْيَتَامَى وَالْمَسَاكِينِ وَابْنِ السَّبِيلِ فَمَا أَكْثَرَ خُصَمَاءَ أَبِيكَ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ فَكَيْفَ يَنْجُو مَنْ كَثُرَتْ خُصَمَاؤُهُ وَإِظْهَارُكَ الْمَعَازِفَ وَالْمِزْمَارَ بِدْعَةٌ فِي الإِسْلاَمِ وَلَقَدْ هَمَمْتُ أَنْ أَبْعَثَ إِلَيْكَ مَنْ يَجُزُّ جُمَّتَكَ جُمَّةَ السُّوءِ ‏.‏

It was narrated that Al-Awza'i said:

"Umar bin 'Abdul-'Aziz wrote a letter to 'Umar bin Al-Walid in which he said: 'The share that your father gave to you was the entire Khumus,[1] but the share that your father is entitled to is the same as that of any man among the Muslims, on which is due the rights of Allah and His Messenger, and of relatives, orphans, the poor and wayfarers. How many will dispute with your father on the Day of Resurrection! How can he be saved who has so many disputants? And your openly allowing musical instruments and wind instruments is an innovation in Islam. I was thinking of sending someone to you who would cut off your evil long hair."'

Sahih (Darussalam)

Sunan an-Nasa'i 4135
In-book : Book 38, Hadith 3
English translation : Vol. 5, Book 38, Hadith 4140

Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو أَحْمَدَ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ بَذِيمَةَ، حَدَّثَنِي قَيْسُ بْنُ حَبْتَرٍ النَّهْشَلِيُّ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، أَنَّ وَفْدَ عَبْدِ الْقَيْسِ، قَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ فِيمَ نَشْرَبُ قَالَ ‏‏ لاَ تَشْرَبُوا فِي الدُّبَّاءِ وَلاَ فِي الْمُزَفَّتِ وَلاَ فِي النَّقِيرِ وَانْتَبِذُوا فِي الأَسْقِيَةِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ فَإِنِ اشْتَدَّ فِي الأَسْقِيَةِ قَالَ ‏"‏ فَصُبُّوا عَلَيْهِ الْمَاءَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ لَهُمْ فِي الثَّالِثَةِ أَوِ الرَّابِعَةِ ‏"‏ أَهْرِيقُوهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ ثُمَّ قَالَ ‏"‏ إِنَّ اللَّهَ حَرَّمَ عَلَىَّ أَوْ حُرِّمَ الْخَمْرُ وَالْمَيْسِرُ وَالْكُوبَةُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ وَكُلُّ مُسْكِرٍ حَرَامٌ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ سُفْيَانُ فَسَأَلْتُ عَلِيَّ بْنَ بَذِيمَةَ عَنِ الْكُوبَةِ قَالَ الطَّبْلُ ‏.‏"

Ibn "Abbas said :

The deputation of "Abd al-Qais asked (the prophet):From which(vessels)should we drink ? He (the prophet) replied: Do not drink from the pumpkins, vessels smeared with pitch, and hollow stumps , and steep dates in skins. They asked: Messenger of Allah, if it ferments? He replied: infuse water in it. They asked: Messenger of Allah..." (repeating the same words). He replied to them third or fourth time: Pour it away. He then said: Allah has forbidden me, or he said: He has forbidden me wine, game of chance and kubah(drums). He said: Every intoxicant is unlawful. Sufyan said: I asked "All b. Badhimah about kubah . He replied: Drum.

Sahih (Al-Albani)

Sunan Abi Dawud 3696
In-book : Book 27, Hadith 28
English translation : Book 26, Hadith 3687

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 by Empiree: 2:50pm On Feb 24, 2018
baio:

May Almighty ALLAH increase us in understanding... That hadith read the commentry, sahih bukhari.. Theyre debricated hadiths.
Debricated by who?. You are giving excuses by any means necessary just because you go against it. It is clear now that you brothers are not on solid rock on this issue. Why you do believe ahadith quoted by op are valid but the ones I quoted are not despite been from reported in the same sources?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? / The World Of Jinn -II / Tips To Deal With Toxic People From Islamic And Counseling Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.