Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) (6269 Views)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / How Do I Get To Illorin From Lagos? / Car Leasing Services In Illorin,kwara State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2018
i won't emphasize on the issue much.. but i just gotta say i wasted my time and money to visit a place like illorin.

i was so happy to finally think that I'm gonna step my feet in one of the most popular city in Nigeria. from what I've been seeing in pictures and reading what people write about the city of illorin.. in my mind i thought i was gonna have a happy stay there.

So i left my beautiful paradise Uyo, Akwa ibom (Just came to know that uyo is a paradise after i visited illorin) cheesy

I left itam park in uyo to illorin around 8:30am . arrived at ile ife.. from there the driver stopped us at osogbo.. then i took another bus there to illorin.

to be truthful with you guys.. i just came to realise that no state or city in Nigeria can match the beauty in uyo.

asin, i passed few cities on my way to illorin and i shook my head in disappointment.

it looked to me like i was in another country entirely..

from aba to onitsha to owerri to sapele to asaba to benin to ondo to illorin. . swear non of this cities pleased my eyes.

especially in onitsha.. i mean, how do people survive there?

just when i thought I've seen it all.. i now arrived at illorin.. chai

immediately i came down from the bus, i swear to God i vomitted.. people were just looking at me.. and in illorin, you can easily differentiate between a visitor and the occupants there.. because those from illorin look unkept and poor..

ma no lie.. illorin is a village.. and a very nice village sha with dust everywhere

before i forget.. they are so used to their language that most of them don't understand english again

i had to call an interpreter severally when i want to make a request or ask questions.

their food? hmm

throughout my 1 day stay.. i didnt have any appetite to eat.. went to a hotel and bought a plate of rice.. then slept off..

but what i ate this morning .. only God knows what i passed through to swallow that sh*t they call eba..

i forced myself to take 2 balls then stood up.

about the girls? hmm.. the ones i saw looked stressed out

no beautiful girl sha.. they are just there..

and you guys shouldn't think i stayed at a particular place in illorin.. cos i actually went round illorin

city is messed up

i wanted to stay for a week.. but right now, I'm on my way to uyo..

can't wait to visit my paradise

it is now that I've come to appreciate and love my city

i once thought that uyo wasn't that beautiful as people claim it is.. but what i saw in other states I've made me realise that uyo is a paradise..

ok bye!

to those that stays at illorin.. abeg make una enjoy una state.. una no go everly see me again

lagos is next grin

2 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by heendrix(m): 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2018
Godzlove8:
i won't emphasize on the issue much.. but i just gotta say i wasted my time and money to visit a place like illorin.

i was so happy to finally think that I'm gonna step my feet in one of the most popular city in Nigeria. from what I've been seeing in pictures and reading what people write about the city of illorin.. in my mind i thought i was gonna have a happy stay there.

So i left my beautiful paradise Uyo, Akwa ibom (Just came to know that uyo is a paradise after i visited illorin) cheesy

I left itam park in uyo to illorin around 8:30am . arrived at ile ife.. from there the driver stopped us at osogbo.. then i took another bus there to illorin.

to be truthful with you guys.. i just came to realise that no state or city in Nigeria can match the beauty in uyo.

asin, i passed few cities on my way to illorin and i shook my head in disappointment.

it looked to me like i was in another country entirely..

from aba to onitsha to owerri to sapele to asaba to benin to ondo to illorin. . swear non of this cities pleased my eyes.

especially in onitsha.. i mean, how do people survive there?

just when i thought I've seen it all.. i now arrived at illorin.. chai

immediately i came down from the bus, i swear to God i vomitted.. people were just looking at me.. and in illorin, you can easily differentiate between a visitor and the occupants there.. because those from illorin look unkept and poor..

ma no lie.. illorin is a village.. and a very nice village sha with dust everywhere

before i forget.. they are so used to their language that most of them don't understand english again

i had to call an interpreter severally when i want to make a request or ask questions.

their food? hmm

throughout my 1 day stay.. i didnt have any appetite to eat.. went to a hotel and bought a plate of rice.. then slept off..

but what i ate this morning .. only God knows what i passed through to swallow that sh*t they call eba..

i forced myself to take 2 balls then stood up.

about the girls? hmm.. the ones i saw looked stressed out

no beautiful girl sha.. they are just there..

and you guys shouldn't think i stayed at a particular place in illorin.. cos i actually went round illorin

city is messed up

i wanted to stay for a week.. but right now, I'm on my way to uyo..

can't wait to visit my paradise

it is now that I've come to appreciate and love my city

i once thought that uyo wasn't that beautiful as people claim it is.. but what i saw in other states I've made me realise that uyo is a paradise..

ok bye!

to those that stays at illorin.. abeg make una enjoy una state.. una no go everly see me again

lagos is next grin

I remembered you onced asked if there was a direct bus from uyo to ilorin
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 2:07pm On Feb 19, 2018
heendrix:

I remembered you onced asked if there was a direct bus from uyo to ilorin
yes.. I wished i never asked sad

2 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by heendrix(m): 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
Godzlove8:
yes.. I wished i never asked sad

Lol sure then you must pass thr ibadan bfr getting to ilorin....what ur take on ibadan?
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 2:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
heendrix:

Lol sure then you must pass thr ibadan bfr getting to ilorin....what ur take on ibadan?
yea.. my dream state .. i really wanted to pass through ibadan.. but i was stopped at ile ife.. maybe ibadan would've been beautiful and better with golden roofs #winks
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by heendrix(m): 2:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
Godzlove8:
yea.. my dream state .. i really wanted to pass through ibadan.. but i was stopped at ile ife.. maybe ibadan would've been beautiful and better with golden roofs #winks

Lmao your still on a long thing bro. the only good thing about ibadan is that it's peaceful n things re quite cheap but you'd wana see the collection of Brown roofs and large refuse dumb on high ways coupled with big port holes be my guest grin

and besides you'd didn't know anyone at ilorin... do you?
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
heendrix:

Lmao your still on a long thing bro. the only good thing about ibadan is that it's peaceful n things re quite cheap but you'd wana see the collection of Brown roofs and large refuse dumb on high ways coupled with big port holes be my guest grin

and besides you'd didn't know anyone at ilorin... do you?
yea.. i didn't know anyone except for my online friend there

uyo try seriously
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by heendrix(m): 2:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
Godzlove8:
yea.. i didn't know anyone except for my online friend there

uyo try seriously

your lucky tho but dont try that risk in Lagos if you'd dont know the person intimately

1 Like

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
heendrix:

your lucky tho but dont try that risk in Lagos if you'd dont know the person intimately
hmm..
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by heendrix(m): 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
Godzlove8:
hmm..

true just for ur own good and you'd dont even understand Yoruba again. omo ur on a long thing o. as safe as Eko hotel is I know someone omo onile (son of the land) that was kidnapped right beside it n worst thing is police know this people n would only watch them taking you away

but dont worry I'm a man of few words you'd learn all you'd need to when ur there cool cheers wink
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
heendrix:

true just for ur own good and you'd dont even understand Yoruba again. omo ur on a long thing o. as safe as Eko hotel is I know someone omo onile (son of the land) that was kidnapped right beside it n worst thing is police know this people n would only watch them taking you away

but dont worry I'm a man of few words you'd learn all you'd need to when ur there cool cheers wink
you're right.. i saw the looks on their faces when i tell them i don't understand yoruba.. because it's the only language they merely speak there.. sometimes, I'm always scared asf.. me wey dey brag mouth .. i no sabi as i for survi e for lag self
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by heendrix(m): 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
Godzlove8:
you're right.. i saw the looks on their faces when i tell them i don't understand yoruba.. because it's the only language they merely speak there.. sometimes, I'm always scared asf.. me wey dey brag mouth .. i no sabi as i for survi e for lag self

scoffs. ...Lagos is a city you cant just stop some niggas and say "bros please direct me to" oboi ur O.Y.O cause almost 70% of them niggas would wana rob you. and moreso you'd cant tell cause even thugs dress cute so ur chances of you detecting this one is a theif is slim

also, knowing ur not Yoruba people go ride u paa n you cant talk cool
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2018
heendrix:

scoffs. ...Lagos is a city you cant just stop some niggas and say "bros please direct me to" oboi ur O.Y.O cause almost 70% of them niggas would wana rob you. and moreso you'd cant tell cause even thugs dress cute so ur chances of you detecting this one is a theif is slim

also, knowing ur not Yoruba people go ride u paa n you cant talk cool
this is another reason why i want to learn yoruba sad
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by good4all40: 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
No city in Nigeria does not have its good and bad side, the way you painted your visit to Ilorin looked one sided and you only stayed for few days. Did you visit Shoprite, GRA, TANKE, FATE, BASIN etc. And you interacted with local people only that's why you think most people don't speak English. Ilorin is one the coolest and cheapest cities to live in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by heendrix(m): 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
Godzlove8:
this is another reason why i want to learn yoruba sad

goodluck bro "wink"
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by uboma(m): 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
@ op,

Where exactly in Ilorin did you visit?

I have been to Ilorin on several occasions and I must say that it is not what you described it to be.

5 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
uboma:
@ op,

Where exactly in Ilorin did you visit?

I have been to Ilorin on several occasions and I must say that it is not what you described it to be.

can't really recall the names of streets now.. but i went round the city.. whole place is messed up.. no good roads.. old buildings.. dirty streets

or does all of these means beautiful to you?

2 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by uboma(m): 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2018
Godzlove8:
can't really recall the names of streets now.. but i went round the city.. whole place is messed up.. no good roads.. old buildings.. dirty streets

or does all of these means beautiful to you?

You are not being sincere, Sir.

I doubt your claims about visiting Ilorin at this point.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 9:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
uboma:

You are not being sincere, Sir.

I doubt your claims about visiting Ilorin at this point.
I'm currently in ore now.. wait let me take a shot n show you now

modified: at least you can now believe that i was at illorin since yesterday

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by femijck(m): 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
U cannot know much about any city u ve only stayed in for less than a week...ilorin Is not a paradise and it's far from perfect....but it's not as bad as u portray it to be...
The mistake u made was that u didn't ask or make proper enquiry about where to stay or visit in Ilorin. And instead of staying or visiting the newly developed or students area, u av probably stayed among the indigenes.

Almost 1/2 of the population of people in Ilorin are students and business guys from allover Nigeria and there is so much diversity.....so u did not make proper enquiry before u travel...even if u visit USA and u don't do ur assignment properly, u will say the same thing.....next time don't make that mistake and if u by chance visit Ilorin again don't go when the institutions are on break....
There are more than 5 institutions in Ilorin alone...make friends with them and let them show u around. I schooled and lived in Ilorin for about 5 years.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by manitoba(m): 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
OP: I believe u went to the 'other ' side of town. Ilorin is a big city. Almost two times the size of Uyo. It is made up of the areas for the indigenes and the areas inhabited by the mainly settlers. The area inhabited by the indigene is made up of old houses and architectures(more like a downtown in American cities) and your description above fits. However, the other side is largely modern though not totally like u may have expected. You cannot compare Uyo with Ilorin as Ilorin is an ancient town and older than Uyo. The last few governors also helped Uyo as the road infrastructures in Uyo and Ikot Ekpene are delights. But in the overall, your assessment is biased. Next time u want to go, let guys about town lead u.

3 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by manitoba(m): 9:33pm On Feb 19, 2018
OP probably went to where he could get cheap accomodation and food to save cost. The GRA in Ilorin alone is almost as big as Uyo township considering the fact that it extends from Basin side to the old GRA. Even if OP comes to Abuja and stays at Kuje, Kwali and other outskirts, he will say same thing. Though no city in Nigeria is fully developed
femijck:
U cannot know much about any city u ve only stayed in for less than a week...ilorin Is not a paradise and it's far from perfect....but it's not as bad as u portray it to be...
The mistake u made was that u didn't ask or make enquiry about where to stay or visit in Ilorin. And instead of staying or visitor the newly developed or students area, u av probably stay among the indigenes.

Almost 1/2 of the population of people in Ilorin are students and business guys from allover Nigeria and there is diversity.....so u did not make proper enquiry before u travel...even if I visit USA and u don't do assignment properly, u will say the same thing.....next time don't make that mistake and if u by chance visit Ilorin again don't go when the institutions are on break....
There are more than 5 institutions in Ilorin alone...and make friends with them and let them show u around. I lived in Ilorin for about 5 years.

6 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 9:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
manitoba:
OP probably went to where he could get cheap accomodation and food to save cost. The GRA in Ilorin alone is almost as big as Uyo township considering the fact that it extends from Basin side to the old GRA. Even if OP comes to Abuja and stays at Kuje, Kwali and other outskirts, he will say same thing. Though no city in Nigeria is fully developed
bro does paying 12k for a night in a hotel sounds cheap to you?

does wasting 2k for just dinner sounds cheap to you?

lol.. u no get wetin to talk.. and who was comparing the capacity of GRA in illorin to uyo city?

I'm talkin about a city being dirty and you're saying something else.. ok

2 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Godzlove8(m): 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
manitoba:
OP: I believe u went to the 'other ' side of town. Ilorin is a big city. Almost two times the size of Uyo. It is made up of the areas for the indigenes and the areas inhabited by the mainly settlers. The area inhabited by the indigene is made up of old houses and architectures(more like a downtown in American cities) and your description above fits. However, the other side is largely modern though not totally like u may have expected. You cannot compare Uyo with Ilorin as Ilorin is an ancient town and older than Uyo. The last few governors also helped Uyo as the road infrastructures in Uyo and Ikot Ekpene are delights. But in the overall, your assessment is biased. Next time u want to go, let guys about town lead u.
now you're making sense here.. i now understand
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by femijck(m): 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
Godzlove8:

lol.. u no get wetin to talk.. and who was comparing the capacity of GRA in illorin to uyo city?

which hotel did u lodge? And also 12k is not cheap neither is it expensive.
Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by oluwaseunla(m): 10:28pm On Feb 19, 2018
Godzlove8:

Hmmm. What is the name of this hotel? Or you can't remember that one too?

4 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by abbeycool: 11:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
Oga park well, most of the roads that lead to city of Ilorin is under construction. If you coming from Oshogbo the road on Sapati road is under construction and if you’re entering through airport road Gerin Alimi road too is under construction. But when you enter the town, Ilorin is as clean as most part of Dubai. Is like comparing Deira Market in Dubai to Sharjah. Who are your pals in Ilorin? Where do you people hangout. You enter one road side mamaput and you said the food is poor in Ilorin. Which Hotel do you lodge? More than 7 Institution and they all speak local language abi. Mr Man you’re poor and the clique you came to visit too are same. Ok come back and let’s drive you around. A state that as produce president in the 90’s and you paint it blue and black. Have traveled to most state in Nigeria but will not judge any as biase as this. Note: If you say Ilorin people are hypocrites and sycophants agreed with that. But Dirty is not part of Ilorin. I rest my case

7 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by spaggyy(m): 6:55am On Feb 20, 2018
Bro, I guess u were viewing the entire city through your phone camera....cos the pixel no be here.

Let me ask u?

Did you visit African pot?

Iya Yusuf (you won't know what they do here)

The palms mall

Kwara hotel

To mention few!!! Because visiting this four places alone will expose you to beauty of the land, you won't miss the beautiful and magnificent buildings, the beautiful connecting roads.

Am sure u had no connect in Ilorin before going.

4 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by moneybag100: 10:30am On Feb 20, 2018
Lol you need to call an interpreter in Ilorin. Capital lie.

7 Likes

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by uboma(m): 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2018
Godzlove8:

12k per night is cheap to me.

I won't even sleep in such hotels/motels.

I always stay at Kwara hotel whenever I am in Ilorin. Food is cheap and good. And there are a lot of persons from other states doing business opposite and the around the hotel.

By the way, where in Uyo do you reside?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by bloodmoneyspita: 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
spaggyy:
Bro, I guess u were viewing the entire city through your phone camera....cos the pixel no be here.

Let me ask u?

Did you visit African pot?

Iya Yusuf (you won't know what they do here)

The palms mall

Kwara hotel

To mention few!!! Because visiting this four places alone will expose you to beauty of the land, you won't miss the beautiful and magnificent buildings, the beautiful connecting roads.

Am sure u had no connect in Ilorin before going.

shopping mall and hotel does not make a city beautiful, what makes a city beautiful is good roads, beautiful houses and clean environment.

1 Like

Re: My Regretful Journey To Illorin (kwara) by Lipscomb(m): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
cheesy this guy just finished Ilorin .And his write up was full of lies.although he visited Ilorin because I can see the pic he snap ,that is offa garage lane which is under construction. But without doubt the guy visited the wrong place .

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Made Natural Attractions / Top 10 Countries With The Cleanest And Safest Air To Breathe In The World. / British Student Visa: Should I Apply Alone Or With My Wife (as Dependent?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.