Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

How To Choose Dental Night Guard - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Choose Dental Night Guard (535 Views)

Face-Mask Suffocates Security Guard To Death In Abeokuta (Photo) / 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! / Whats The Best Dental Clinic Around?prices And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Choose Dental Night Guard by OskarJenkins(m): 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hello everyone,

Recently went to get a routine dental checkup. My new dentist (second time seen) is recommending that I get a Evening Guard to stop put on on my teeth though grinding in my sleep.

She initially mentioned in when I saw her earlier in the year - it is not a thing that my original dentist (retired) ever mentioned.

I'm told that it can cost ?45 private (?100+ NHS apparently), and that I'd require an appointment where a mould of my teeth could be taken for the evening guard to become created from.

I notice on the other hand that on Amazon you may obtain generic "Night Guards" for about ?15. These look to be like the Gum Shields for sports where you heat it after which "mould" it.

I'm pretty confident that the Dentist 1 is going to match superior, as it's moulded to match. That said I noticed some comments from the pages from the USA where persons complained that they couldn't sleep with it, or that it was uncomfortable.

Just wondering if any individual else have any encounter of night guards please?.

Thank you
Re: How To Choose Dental Night Guard by ZeroMaN: 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
I have the identical problem, I bought a single do it yourself a single from Amazon (rubbish) and also a pack of two from Boots these were fantastic but I found them as well difficult to mould and in the event you fail to fit it correct right after two goes then the mould needs binning, so unless your confident with them I'd give them a miss.

While the dentist is expensive (I paid 100 for mine) it is tough, longer lasting and will most likely save you cash in the long term, plus its improved fitting. I would def go for this solution.

Just look here about best Mouth Guard For Teeth Grinding. There are a lot of useful information
Re: How To Choose Dental Night Guard by Anerissa: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
I put on a dentist made one, it expense me ?150 about six months ago. I grind my teeth so really hard I was in reality splintering them and getting all sorts of concerns.

It felt odd for the first couple of nights, but now I barely notice I'm wearing it at all. I only have the guard on my best teeth as apparently one bit is adequate to cease harm

It does appear to be wearing out really speedily and I may well see if it can be feasible to shop about for 1 in future . I was originally quoted ?450 by my dentist for a private a single, but told me the NHS one particular was significantly cheaper at ?150 and exactly exactly the same.

(1) (Reply)

Root Out All Sexually Transmitted Infection(stl) With Immediate Effect / The 15 Foods You Must AVOID If You're Planning On Having Sex Tonight / Don't Let Anyone Deceive You Please. Must Read!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.