|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,482,389 members, 5,620,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 01:49 AM
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account (102973 Views)
Start Making Money Hourly On Upwork Today(account Approval/creation Services) / I Can Get Your Rejected Upwork Account Instantly Approved For Just #1500 / How To Make Money On LPV Forum With Your Facebook Profile (2) (3) (4)
|Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2018|
This thread is to help anyone in need of a side income idea or someone finding it difficult to succeed on Upwork or unable to successfully create an approved Upwork account profile.
What is Upwork?
Upwork is a freelancing platform and by far the best with awesome monetary returns for skilled freelancers all over the world. Unfortunately, Upwork profile rejection has become the norm with newbies not getting a chance to showcase their skills. I know this can be frustrating. So today, I want to address why your Upwork registration might get rejected.
But before we dive in, it is important to keep in mind that if Upwork rejects your profile, it is not the end as I can help to set up an approved Upwork profile of any country and for any category & skills.
Who is eligible to join Upwork?
* If you are a remote employee working on other freelancing platforms, you can join Upwork to boost your income. Diversification to other freelancing platforms also creates new opportunities to get more clients and increase your freelance income. Apart from upwork.com, other reputable freelancing platforms are fiverr.com, peopleperhour.com, superside.com, fivesquid.com, outsourcely.com, guru.com, and freelancer.com. Further, one of the articles below serves as a guide for remote workers on how to write a good proposal based on their niche. Nevertheless, if you intend to offer freelance services but have no idea about the skills you can offer—you can learn more in the article related to in-demand skills below.
* If you are unemployed or underemployed and tired of being broke, you can learn a skill needed as service on freelancing platforms to serve as a source of income till you are opportune to get your desired job. It is important to mention that every undergraduate and graduate can work on Upwork during their free time. All you need is a PC or laptop, an Android phone, an internet connection, and learn a freelance skill via training centre, Google, YouTube, Udemy.com, Lynda.com or discover your natural freelance talent. In fact, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, and Arabic translators/proofreaders are needed at times by foreign clients to translate/correct a text, so no knowledge is a wasted one. One of the articles below is a suggestion on some of the topmost selling skills on Upwork. Check it out below to ascertain the skill(s) that best fits your life.
* If you belong to the working class and have the skill to offer as freelance service, you can use your free time or sabbatical leave to earn more income on Upwork. Most employees use their sabbatical leave period to take a break from the stress of work while some utilize the period for personal development, to supervise a project, to carry out voluntary work, to take up another paid job, to travel or to simply freelance. However, the choice is yours on how you spend your free time or sabbatical leave period but dedicating a convenient time to freelance is rewarding as you can earn extra money to take care of some of your expenses.
* If you operate a business with services that can be expanded and promoted online as freelance service, you can join freelancing platforms to increase your revenue. Some of the businesses that can be expanded online are graphic design business, powerpoint presentation design service, web design business, mobile app design business, eBook & print cover design business, online tutoring service, data entry service, data analysis service, SEO consulting business, translation business, transcription business, audio & video editing business, animated video production service, songwriting service, music production business, CV & resume writing service, copywriting service, medical writing & editing service, accounting service, business plan writing service, legal advice & writing service, social media management, digital marketing business, quantity surveying business, building design business, architectural business, CAD & 3D modeling service, IT security service, internet marketing service, database management service, market research service, business development & management service, typing service, etc.
For enquiries>>> notificationaid @ g m a i l . c o m
Or Contact via phone number on my profile.
As you can see in the link below, one of my biggest freelance projects from a particular client in 2017 was a proofreading contract of $4400 which I completed within one and a half months. There is a great opportunity for everyone that intends to work on Upwork but the importance of the vital tips in the articles below cannot be overemphasized to succeed on Upwork or win big freelance projects.
What can you do to make sure your Upwork profile is accepted?
Apart from your skills set, there are other issues that could get your profile rejected. Let’s take a look at how you can make sure your profile doesn’t end up in the unapproved bin.
1. Complete your profile
When registering on Upwork, increase your chances of getting accepted by completing your profile. Complete your profile by adding a profile pic, a headline, profile overview, employment history, education, and any other experiences.
2. Keep improving your profile and try again
If your profile isn’t approved the first time, don’t panic. You can submit it again after making some changes to your skills.
3. Link social media accounts
Link your accounts from social networks and development site profile as it can increase the trust level of your account.
4. Contact Upwork support directly via official social media channels
Contact Upwork Help and Support if you believe that your profile is complete - I am not sure if they approve profiles after they have been rejected but I believe they will at least give you the reason for your rejection and possibly some tips on how to improve it and then you can resubmit it.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by kunlesufyan(m): 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2018|
Which do you think is better between fiverr and Upwork?
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2018|
kunlesufyan:Upwork is better than fiverr in the sense that most clients on Upwork are premium individual clients and companies that pay for the real value of service offered. Further, on Upwork, after 5 days your fund for a completed work based on fixed rate is released for withdrawal whereas on fiverr, fund for a completed task is available for withdrawal after 14 days. More so, Upwork service charge to a freelancer on a project more than $500 with a particular client is 10% whereas service charge to a seller for any project on fiverr is 20%.
16 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 12:21am On Feb 20, 2018|
How to get high-value clients and earn big on Upwork
Getting high-value clients who pay a huge amount of money for limited work is every freelancer’s dream. However, to become a sought-after freelancer, your skills should be unrivaled. Your efforts to change your current impasse should be reminiscent of a gold miner. There are major tips on how to get high-value clients who pay huge bucks for quality work. Here are some of the tips in detail.
1. Start with building your profile
Your profile should be good enough to entice someone to hire you. Your skills should be clearly outlined so that a client can be confident about your prowess. In your profile, you should also write a brief description of yourself. It is also important to use your real identity.
2. Build your portfolio as you get hired for different jobs and include your reference point in proposals
A good portfolio is a best seller. Before you start earning big, you have to prove that you have the expertise. A portfolio may be your previous work samples or a writer website, also called a blog. This will display your level of competence and surely high-value clients will consider hiring you. Hence, you will start earning a decent pay. If you are a writer, a good portfolio can earn you several dollars for a few numbers of words you write. A reference point could be a social media page, a website or a decent portfolio. Usually, a quick link to your reference point is worth being included in writing proposals.
3. Send catchy proposals
Do not write lengthy proposals. The content should be brief and to the point. Include in the proposal on how you are planning on improving the status of the client’s business. Finish by a call to action by pointing out how willing you are to work with the client. Remember to sign out with gratitude before submitting your proposal.
4. Be available online via Upwork mobile app and promptly attend interviews
High-value clients are always time conscious. When called to an interview, show up within the shortest time possible. This will also display your time management skills and your willingness to work for the job you are being interviewed for.
5. Pitch for high-value jobs
Probably due to the fear of the unknown, most freelancers do not pitch for expert-level jobs. However, there is usually no significant difference between entry, intermediate and expert level jobs on Upwork. Furthermore, there are entry-level jobs paying higher than some expert-level jobs.
6. Client’s hourly rate
Let the client’s hourly rate guide you. Clients with a large hourly rate are prone to pay you more if you work for them.
7. Build a team and outsource work
Once you have managed to earn the trust of many clients, you will start getting overwhelmed with work. It is humanly appropriate to train others and help them earn a few bucks. By making them work for you, you will earn more if you maintain your working rate. Outsourcing turns your career into a more profitable business.
Joining the big leagues of established freelancers is easier when you are set to do it. It’s a noble strategy that all freelancers should venture into. While these may not be the only ways on how to get high-value clients, they are certainly profitable if applied appropriately. You should consider implementing them and see the difference!
5 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 9:43am On Feb 20, 2018|
Top 40 most in-demand skill areas on Upwork
With the explosive growth in the business sector and with a new startup launching every other day, there isn’t actually any scarcity of employment opportunities for people, but only the confusion on where to find them. If you have been experiencing the dilemma of choosing which freelancing skill to venture in to get a good earning scope or if you are unable to find a freelancing job—then start with going through the in-demand opportunities on Upwork.
You can learn any of these skills online by enrolling in courses on UDEMY.COM and LYNDA.COM or learn for free on GOOGLE.COM and YOUTUBE.COM.
1. Proofreading & Editing Content: Editing is the process of identifying and correcting grammatical, spelling, paragraphing and punctuation errors in any piece of writing. It is followed by proofreading—which is the concluding stage of editing before you submit. The job requires a language proficient skill set that ensures that the edited work is well-written and ready to deliver to the readers.
2. Business Intelligence: Business Intelligence (BI) includes all plans, technologies, and strategies that are applied by companies with one goal to analyze data and available business information. As companies are busy cashing in the bulks of data they gather—the role of a business intelligence analyst is growing day after day, even on a freelance platform like Upwork, the business intelligence jobs are scaling immensely.
3. Graphics Designing & Brand Strategy: Branding today is all about attractive graphical representations. This craft involves brainstorming, story planning, and the creation of unique audio, visual, and textual graphics. These jobs require specific graphics designing software proficiency. If it is a well-defined plan and is critically devised in the long run—a brand strategy results in the successful development of the client’s brand and directs the company towards achieving all its set goals.
5. Legal Writing: A practicing or non-practicing law candidate can utilize his or her skills by taking up such jobs on Upwork. The job involves analyzing company facts, drafting legal files, documents, and notices and handling all sorts of legal activities of an enterprise.
6. Search Engine Optimization: This involves the process of optimizing the backend and the front end of a website thoroughly to bring up to the mark—to rank it on the search engines. The process involves research, competitor analysis, manual link building, and many other steps to accomplish assignment milestones. It is mostly a long-term and ongoing job.
7. Email Marketing: Whether it is a customer service protocol, a monthly reminder to some kind of services, a sales pitch or an event invite, businesses around the world have come to realize the importance of email marketing. With growing competition in the market, email marketing platforms are gaining more audience and hence, employers are searching for people with the skill and experience of working with such platforms.
8. Digital Marketing: With more and more businesses turning to online exposure and representation—the level of competition is raised automatically. The job involves advertising the client’s product or service via digital channels like search engines, social media, email, mobile application platforms, and websites.
9. Project Management: Upwork being one of the reliable choices of employers belonging to diverse fields and demanding variable support—offers project managers virtually and locally to assist in business management. It requires the applicant to be strongly skilled in business management and operations as well as having good experience in leading teams and carrying out full-scale services end to end for a business. So, if you have been working on end-to-end project delivery assignments, management of resources, tasks, timelines, and milestones then this post would be the perfect job to apply for.
10. Content Writing: This is the work ideal for individuals who love to work on creative out of box assignments. It refers to the brainstorming, planning, creation, development, management, and timely delivery of written, printed, visual, or audio content. The goal is always to engage and increase the audience on the targeted platforms.
11. Web Designing & Development: A website involves a lot of work from the backend to give that ultimate look and user experience that makes one impressed. The job of a web designer is to bring together the ideal colour schemes to match the niche market—to plan the layout and inner templates of a website in an artistically impressive way. Then comes the task of web development where these graphical illustrations are actually incorporated into the responsive templates. These jobs require exclusive designing and web language development skill proficiency.
12. Game Development: This industry has seen explosive growth in recent years and game developers are in high demand considering all these facts and many startup ventures are getting invested into by businessmen who realize the growth of this game development industry. In order to be hired for the jobs being posted for this niche—one has to have core knowledge and expertise in game development. Hence, the jobs for game developers are all found to be high-end paid jobs—a perfect opportunity to earn for your skill and retain associations for longer terms with gaming business clients.
13. Mobile App Development: This skill can be regarded as one of the fascinating branches of work in Information & Technology—that is creative yet provides an entrepreneurial opportunity for programmers. This job also required the applicant to stay in touch with the employer for periodical updates, optimization needs, and troubleshooting. Upwork employers do not hesitate to pay a hefty amount to the right candidate.
14. Virtual Assistant: The job is a requirement for a remotely located helper who aids businesses with administrative responsibilities like replying to emails, fixing appointments, obtaining a large clientele, etc. The ideal candidate is required to have strong internet connectivity and a prompt attitude with a good follow-up temperament.
15. Voice Over: A production technique where the voice of a random individual—who reads from a script, is used over the radio, television, movie, theatre or stage presentation. This job requires a strong attractive voice—for which the initial interviews or demo are conducted through the platform.
16. Product Listing: With the boom in the e-commerce industry, product positioning has gained a lot of attention from the investors. E-stores today, demand that their online existence should be with the right branding, interactive imagery & integrated marketing mix. The applicant is required to have trendy creativeness in writing descriptions, integrating the right keyword towards search optimization, and most of all—the ability to assign catchy phrases to the product pitch for increased sales.
17. Audio/Video Editing: If you keep an exceptional aesthetic sense and know how to play around with audio clips and video shots to compile something new and amazing—this is your cup of tea! A few extra talents like text titling, colour modifications, sound titling, sound mixing, etc., can be handy too.
18. Customer Service: Being a critical part of every business, the skill of customer service is one of the most sought after jobs on Upwork. Mastering the art of promptness, politeness, professionalism, and personalization can take you to the pinnacles of customer service. Modern marketing is all about delivering the ultimate goal through a customer-centric perspective that makes customer services a significant job on Upwork. Customer-centric services are highly appreciated globally and are acquired to build up a strong base to help a business grow.
19. Video Animation: Static imagery or graphics is a thing of the past and can never define things as best as animation can. Video animation experts on Upwork offer creation of 2D animation, character movies, business portfolios, logos, GIFs and what not, at a competitive price as compared to the open market. Hiring companies look for strong experiences and high-level expertise in the profiles as they choose their ideal applicant for the job. These are also high-end paid jobs on Upwork.
20. Architectural & Interior Designing: One can use their artistic/drawing/designing skills by creating exclusive construction and building sketches and layouts. If your work is practical and appreciated, you may even see a life-size iconic structure it executed somewhere across the world. One of the most highly paid jobs on Upwork is this one.
21. Digital Photography & Image Processing: Digital Photography requires light to capture, expose, and save images electronically on an image sensor. The job mostly involves product shoots as well as other types of photographic and then photo editing services for businesses. Image Processing is a type of transformation in which the input is an image and the output could be an image or essentials of that image. The job requires proficiency in using software that focuses on pattern recognition and extracts information, enhances the visuals and essences vital information.
22. Social Media Management: This job is mostly paid hourly on the platform. The job requirement is to have the ability to monitor, update design, and curate content to attract the audience as well as participating in social conversations across popular platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
23. Transcription: If you possess the ability to record audios into text accurately and at a fast pace then this is the job type for you. Usually, this interesting activity revolves around listening to an audio or video clip and typing out everything you hear, word for word! It requires having a basic knowledge of the audio niche topic to understand and write the terms being mentioned in the audio or video.
24. Lead Generation & Prospecting: Be it any type of a business, this is the core focus as the target for higher profitability and growth is being sought. It involves the cognitive approach of evaluation of existing customer base, generating the prospective profiles, and escalating the estimations to devise efficient marketing mixes and sales growth is the fundamentals of era’s marketers. Upwork jobs about this sector of work are usually paid on an hourly and freelancers can make good earnings through these projects as they carry on for a longer period of time.
25. Translation & Subtitling: The process of interpreting from one language to another or rewording for a clearer understanding through written, spoken, and visual content is what translation services are all about. This job comes with the requirement of knowledge of the industry in which the document relates. Subtitling is all about the art of translating audio-visuals into written text to enable audiences of different backgrounds to understand what is being displayed and said. It requires the ability to create content, and incorporate it accurately into the video.
26. Data Entry: While a full-time job may be keeping you occupied, earning a few bucks on the side is never too much of work. Upwork offers a sound arena for those wanting to earn some extra bucks in that free space by converting those PDFs, audios and handwritten files into a smart word or desired formats. Employers who want to save time in trying out those converters that messes up the formatting hire such freelancers as and when required.
27. Quantity Surveying: The construction industry is one of the most thriving industries in the world that has managed to sustain through fluctuating times across decades. This has lead Upwork into becoming a platform that holds immense scope for expert applicants in the fields of quantity survey, construction costing, professional contract building and many other foci as required by the industry players. An applicant to the job about quantity surveying should have expert knowledge about cost consulting, estimations & planning as well as strong abilities to cater to the risk management and calculation and analysis to commercial management tasks. Quantity Surveying is usually end-to-end, high-cost project management and eventual solution for construction need at Upwork.
28. Video Advertising: With the growing emphasis on the visual representation of businesses, there is an increasing demand for hiring teams for creating a strategy, budget, and campaign goals for video advertising. This eye-catching marketing gimmick increases the client’s company engagement with the target audience through its high definition of visual and sound impacts.
29. Accounting & Bookkeeping: Finance enthusiasts know that accounting deals with the in-depth analysis of financial data in terms of understanding, classifying, generating reports, and summarizing. An accounting specific background experience is usually the job requirement.
30. Marketing & Business Consulting: This job requires the strong capability of a candidate to advise clients on managing, strategizing, creating and implementing better production processes, adopting the latest technologies, smart HR, marketing and overall enhancement of their business or organization. The jobs can be short-term as well as long-term both depending on the service nature.
31. Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity is the process of recovering and protecting many devices, networks, and applications from all sorts of cyber-attacks. It is the blend of diverse technologies, methods, and controls with one objective i.e., to prevent systems, devices, and networks from cyber-attacks. As technology is evolving so are cyber-attacks! Since cybersecurity experts protect businesses databases, websites, and devices from present and existing malicious break-ins, there are many software businesses across the globe searching for cybersecurity professionals on Upwork, making it an in-demand job for the freelancers.
32. Data Analysis: Businesses track their progress and strategize after going through the process of data analysis. The applicant for such open jobs is required to be able to derive conclusions to a survey, conduct market research and segmentation, and most of all, deliver business planning that can benefit businesses immensely. Companies that hire through Upwork usually state a detailed requirement for the post that usually has a lot to do with the historical & collected trajectory.
33. Product Sourcing: Product sourcing is a method used by manufacturers and companies to supplement the outreach and sales of their products. The wide world of product sourcing may contain trading companies, third party sourcing, importers, brokers, and dropshippers. With the increase in trade practice of increasing subdivision, selling the skillset required to bridge sourcing steps through personalized negotiation that can save you costs and management time is in high demand from employers on Upwork looking for their product sourcing solutions.
34. UI / UX Design: In the world of graphics and designs where the FMOT (First Movement of Truth) is mostly generated through the cosmetics and outlook of any products. UI also referred to as User Interface OR the outlook and appearance of any product is a highly demanded skill on Upwork. Following which UX Designing OR User Experience Designing steers the SMOT (Second Movement of Truth), user-friendliness which results in reselling, repeat purchase and overall success of any product. Adjoining the skillset required for UI / UX Designing can make you earn those big bucks on Upwork.
35. Database Administration: Database administration is one of that expertise, that are timeless, and always in demand in the market. This job is about ensuring the handiness of data security, monitoring, troubleshooting and utilizing the available crunched version for ultimate growth, forecasting, and planning. With a strong command over Database Administration Tools like SQL, Oracle Database, DB2 or others—you can now reach out to the required resource or employer for some interesting assignments and jobs.
36. Geospatial Technology: The importance of experts in this field is gaining attention due to the increase in business awareness about utilizing specific software to capture significant consumer information through geographical mapping. These spatial analysis techniques involve engaging software proficient in rendering maps that assist in processing spatial data with the application of analytics through databases and information. Obtaining expertise in those mapping and visualization techniques of geospatial data is bound to provide interminable opportunities to the jobseekers at Upwork.
37. Cloud Computing: Cloud Computing is accomplishing intangibility with the right mix of hardware and software to deliver a service typically over the internet. Data storage and recording evolution from traditional paper jobs did not stop with shrinking that all into those e-books you carry but it is now intangibly available over the web at all times, easily accessible from anywhere. The relief in data storage and processing power without direct active management by the user has made cloud computing an in-demand requirement from employers on Upwork.
38. AI & Machine Learning: In the era of machines, Artificial Intelligence-driven systems are seen everywhere, equipped to perform reasoning and tasks as efficiently as human beings would. So, if mathematics, algorithms, probability, statistics back by programming languages like Java, Python and Unix Tools are your inspirations and skills, Upwork has a lot of creative and mind-boggling jobs for you.
39. CAD & 3D Modeling: Computer Aided Design (CAD) technology is used in enhancing the realization, alteration, and optimization of a design. It increases the productivity of an artist and the aesthetics of a design. 3D Modeling is a representation of any surface or object in “3 Dimensional” ways. It helps you visualize any object before it exists and take due curative measures in line with desired aesthetics. Skills in using software like AutoCAD, Maya, Mudbox, and 3Ds Max, etc., for desired CAD and 3D Modeling is in high demand on Upwork.
40. Data Science: Data Science is the art of turning data into words that corresponds and helps you plan ahead. A process of using scientific methods, formulas, and algorithms to organize unsorted primary and secondary data and devise results to achieve objectives and plans. Blend of technical and analytical expertise and ability to use research and data filtering tools and techniques effectively for deriving key business and research decisions—makes data science one of the most sought after jobs on Upwork!
There is always room at the apex of the pyramid of success. Master as many of the discussed skills to your liking and aptitude—buck up your confidence with that go-getter attitude and you're all set to conquer the immense universe of Upwork!
10 Likes 5 Shares
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 11:54am On Feb 20, 2018|
Amazing tips on how to submit proposals on Upwork
Freelancing is a lucrative business opportunity especially when you have mastered the art of submitting catchy proposals. Since success in freelancing revolves around securing employment by high paying clients, a good proposal is always the bargaining chip.
Upwork presently gives each new freelancer one-time twenty (20) free connects. Each job you apply for requires 2, 4 or 6 connects. Learn more here. Connects are basically credits that enable you to apply for work.
Here are the top amazing tips on how to write and submit proposals that will attract high-value clients on Upwork.
1. Check the job details carefully
It is important to check the job description to find out whether or not you are able to handle it. A detailed job description always entails the type of job; the expertise required, the budgeted amount and any other preferences by the client. Consider the requirements before you proceed to send a proposal. For example, do not write proposals for a native only job if you are not a native speaker.
2. Write a proposal that proves you can handle the requirements
It is advisable to dwell straight to the point. Your introduction should not be lengthy and unnecessary. Moreover, proceed by dwelling more on the major points that you highlighted.
3. Include in your proposal how you would improve their business
You want the client to hire you, right? You should provide a unique yet logical idea of how you will use your skills to improve the client’s business. For example, you can convince the client that your articles will help increase readership on their blog, increase conversions or increase sales in whatever business they have.
4. Remember to refer the client to your sample
In whatever business setting, everyone wants to hire someone with a convincing portfolio. At this level, remember to include your samples. You can also include a link to your blog if you have one.
5. Finish with gratitude
It is psychologically proven that gratitude improves your relationship with other people. Words like “Thank you” or “Many thanks” can earn you favour with the client.
However, you should know that Upwork bans people who send several proposals without getting hired. Nevertheless, you should carefully choose your jobs before sending proposals.
4 Likes 4 Shares
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by Fuhrerfran6(m): 12:08pm On Feb 20, 2018|
Upwork is bae..my life have never being the same and am yet to freelance for one year....buhari can go Zap himself
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2018|
How to write a winning proposal
With the competition rising within the field of freelancing, an impressive cover letter on your job application can definitely turn the tables for you. Writing a good proposal isn’t hard. Here, we have brought for you an assortment of engaging cover letters ideas based on the in-demand skills discussed above to understand how it’s done:
1. Proofreading & Editing Content
Going through the project details, I must say that your manuscript and topic sounds amazing! Definitely something which I would love to work on.
With over 4 years of professional proofreading and editing experience, I am confident to deliver a finished masterpiece, crafted to perfection, perfect sentencing and seamless flow.
With a concept so interesting edited to perfection, you will have a best seller on your hands!
2. Business Intelligence
I completely agree that knowing about the market is essential for business growth.
With my expert skills in researching, landscape dynamics, market penetration, data analysis, and documentation, I can help put your business a step ahead of all of your competition.
Also, I love data structuring, number crunching, trend analysis and providing the data with words to help you make business decisions.
Let’s talk to devise an exclusive strategy for you.
3. Graphics Designing & Brand Strategy
I am an accomplished Graphic Designer and Brand Strategist with more than 10 years of experience, at your service!
Having complete command on Photoshop and Illustrator, I can build a brand identity that is both unique and intriguing. Let me pass this model through Business Canvas, Perceptual Maps, BCG, SWOTs and other matrix lens and execute to perfection.
Just focus on building your business and I can do the rest.
4. Software Development
Reading through your job description, I feel like you need a seasoned software developer to bring your software idea to a perfect execution!
My expertise includes code-structuring, database knowledge, algorithms and also a little out-of-box thinking on the best and creative solutions.
I might have a few ideas to help you with the software.
Let’s work together, fix the bug and unleash the project potential!
5. Legal Writing
I understand you’re on the hunt for a capable legal writer and I thereby offer you my services.
During my 5 years of practical experience in legal research and writing, I am privileged to have served numerous enterprises for their legal drafting, documentation, notices and regulatory requirements.
I can provide you with high quality legal professional content.
Let’s discuss how I can provide your tasks with a legal flow.
6. Search Engine Optimization
Checking through the provided web links, I found numerous problems. The website isn’t nearly as SEO optimized as it can be. Let me solve these issues asap for you!
With in-depth data research, thorough competitor analysis, link-building and content optimization, I can bring your site up to the mark, ranked on the top in the search.
Enclosed are a few case studies of my work for your perusal.
7. Email Marketing
Fed up of the bounce rate and response-less campaigns? Need the perfect strategy in place that really boosts your conversion rates and triggers potential leads?
With 10 years’ experience, I can customize the perfect campaigns that can increase your annual business revenue. My expertise includes setting up campaigns, tracking stats and enabling automation through MailChimp, Active Campaign, and a few others.
Let’s devise a winning email marketing strategy for you.
8. Digital Marketing
I’m as excited to take on this project as a kid on Christmas eve!
Creating a robust drip marketing campaign isn’t very difficult.
As an expert Digital Marketer with 5 years of hands-on experience, I can offer you engaging, robust content ideas for all social platforms, leveraging dynamics of the marketing channel for your company.
Can’t wait to start,
9. Project Management
I know how hectic it can be to manage multiple projects, with complex and details oriented tasks altogether. Being a project manager for over 10 years now, I have facilitated numerous clients with end to end project management.
My favourite task and meeting management tools include Trello, Jira, Timecamp, Asana, MS Teams, Zoom, and others. With my leadership skills combined with the perfect business strategy, you are surely going for the win!
10. Content Writing
I’d like to express my interest in creating engaging content for you that will make your audiences fall in love with the way of words.
With 5+ years of working experience with various niche, I can assure you that my content is unique, professional, research-based, SEO optimized and plagiarism free.
I’ve attached a sample and can’t wait for your response.
11. Web Designing & Development
Reading through your website requirement, I am confident that I can do this job well.
With 7+ years of hands-on experience, designing a website, structures, and handling database is my talent. I have worked with various industries providing them creative solutions with my expert take on Wordpress, PHP, MySQL, Oracle, Magneto, ASP.NET, CSS, HTML and designing softwares.
12. Game Development
Resolving technical glitches is part and parcel of a game developer’s everyday life.
With my technical expertise and flair for design, I can re-create a game that is vivid and lifelike with realistic animations.
I’m confident in helping it stand out in the competitive marketplace after I familiarize myself with the user interface design of your game.
I look forward to overcoming this challenge with you.
13. Mobile App Development
I am an experienced developer and have also attached links to my past work for you to evaluate.
Regarding your project, I have developed and worked on different modules of a similar natured app and I can foresee the way you want this project to be developed and executed.
Breaking down Projects, following Agile strategy helps me time the process efficiently.
For a more detailed discussion on this, please message me.
14. Virtual Assistant
Communicating with people is one of my greatest skills and one I pride myself in.
For a virtual assistant, who needs to reply to emails and engage with clients, my easy-going temperament and patience can be an asset for your company.
I have a good internet connection which is strong and stable and I am eager to work long-term.
15. Voice Over
I bring forth a unique voice-over ability, working successfully, for the past 12 years, offering an expert American inflection. I have my own proficient recording space and editing tools. I'm a local American English speaker.
I can portray my voice as conversational, calming, corporate, instructive, learned, alluring, sincere and genuine. I offer a host of vocal styles to meet the customer’s requirements.
Check out the samples of my work and let’s speak soon.
16. Product Listing
I’m a content writer with vast experience of 4+ years in the content industry, working for a variety of niches. My specialty is offering informative, unique, structured, plagiarism free and engaging articles.
I’ve been doing product listing projects for quite some time, where I thoroughly research a product and write high-quality content promptly.
A sample of my work is attached.
17. Audio/Video Editing
I have gone through your project details and understand the nature of the task.
I am a professional audio/video editor and can complete this project before the deadline. I work with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects CC 2020 because these deliver the best results.
I’m attaching my audio/video editing samples for you to see.
I would love to discuss the details of this project with you!
18. Customer Service
I am someone who loves working with people and believe I would do very well in a customer service position.
I am a patient person and a fast learner, capable of picking up technical tasks and coming up with creative solutions to problems. I am confident in my conflict-resolution skills, and my ability to make perfect decisions under pressure.
I’m excited to work with you and hope to hear from you soon.
19. Video Animation
Being an expert video animator, I have completed projects in video animation for various global productions, including a rich, decent variety of nations and animation studios that spread over a wide collection of techniques and strategies.
I can assure you that with me, you will find the best quality, in trends and content-driven videos that pass your message on, to the dot.
20. Architectural & Interior Designing
I’m a professional with Architecture major, confident that I can take up and deliver this project successfully.
From creating a new piece of artistry or designing the entire building concept, I believe that you require an individual who can have calculations backing up the strategy. I can assist you here!
Not only do I offer analytical and troubleshooting skills for your plans, but I can also promise a design nothing less than pure elegance.
21. Digital Photography & Image Processing
I’m a Java developer with 3+ years of experience in web development and image processing with Java and OpenCV.
I understand how you want the images to be processed and if you send me a link to all the relevant images, I’m sure I can complete this task well before the deadline, producing high quality creative.
Please contact me, so that I can get started on this project ASAP.
22. Social Media Management
Reading through the job description, I am confident that I can do this job well.
With 4+ years of hands-on expertise, I can very well brand Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and others to speak our game.
Coming up with unique content and catchy posts, planning out engaging campaigns on social mediums is how I can increase traffic and boost your online business.
I’m eager to get right to it.
I am quick and accurate in my transcriptions and I understand that’s what you need. Perfection and Speed!
With my work experience in a variety of niches, I understand key industrial jargons and different accents and can very well transform voice into words that have an impact.
I am interested in perusing this opportunity, try me!
24. Lead Generation & Prospecting
Hope you are well.
Reading through the job description, I would propose keeping in mind 3 stages of your business leads; Awareness, Consideration, and Decision.
I have worked with companies like yours and made their website look trustworthy to consumers by writing content that not only increased the credibility of business/product but also converted the business leads into loyal customers.
Let’s team up and conquer the masses!
25. Translation & Subtitling
I understand you need the cartoons, which are in XYZ language, to have subtitles in ABC language.
I can do this task easily as I am a native ABC speaker and have done such projects before as well. You can also check out the reviews on my profile to gauge my authenticity.
Feel free to message me for samples and to discuss this project in detail!
26. Data Entry
I’m interested in the Data Entry position and after reading through the requirements, I know I have the desired skills, as well as the drive to be the perfect candidate for this job.
I can deliver quality and error-free work within deadlines, fast and efficiently.
I’ll be a perfect fit for your business and I hope to hear from you soon.
27. Quantity Surveying
Congrats on your real estate setup!
However, reading through your job—I feel that there is a strong need for analytics to be done. Cost consulting, estimations, risk and commercial management are my core. And I can help you plan your profits spent well that in return earns you more profits with my expertise in utilizing resources and money efficiently by due forecasting.
Let’s discuss how to make your problem earn you more profits.
28. Video Advertising
I’m interested in taking this project as it’s right up my alley!
I believe that the solution you’re looking for resides in transmitting a message without words. This is the most effective advertising tool possible.
With my 3 years of expertise, I can help create any call-to-action animation with simplicity, twisting up in outstanding colour schemes for greater impact.
Sign me up so we can get started!
29. Accounting & Bookkeeping
I understand your company requires some assistance with accounts and bookkeeping. I would like to offer you my services and help grow your business!
I am a QuickBook and Xero certified professional with over 3 years’ experience of working with many companies and freelancers alike.
I am currently available full-time and can easily manage to work around your routine.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me.
30. Marketing & Business Consulting
If you’re looking for someone who can explain business and market trends that compliments your business? I am the perfect person for the job.
I can help you come up with strategies and solutions with my 5+ years of experience, market insights, competition analysis and trend business practices that work wonders.
You can check my profile to know about the clients and companies I have served towards excellence.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Worried about invaders, viruses, and trojans accessing your important data? Looking for break-ins free security service?
Being a senior developer and having served many top-notch software houses, I can easily devise you the desired security checks that keep cyber-attacks away.
My portfolio has details of my professional work experience and projects.
Hire me and let me plan out your networks and data, those are impossible to break-in.
32. Data Analysis
I’m a data analyst with 5+ years of experience.
With the tools I’ve learned over the years, I can provide you with critical insights into the constant stream of collected information so that we can uncover connections and assess the quality of your data.
Avoid getting carried away with explanations more complex than they need to be.
Let’s stay grounded and search for a solution together.
Book me up!
33. Product Sourcing
I am inspired by your product range and I can help you sourcing them to the right consumers!
I am a marketing specialist and have worked with many notable companies.
My 8 years of experience have helped me develop a wide network of traders, importers, and brokers, and I am almost certain that I will be able to make your product go viral in no time.
Allow me to prove myself.
34. UI / UX Design
I noticed that the UI and UX on your site aren’t following the trends as it should be—but I can make them speak for themselves.
I’ve got experience with Invasion Studio, Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma and others to provide creative solutions to any problems that may arise. I’m adaptable, possess an eye for detail and have a thorough understanding of interactive design principles.
I’m eager and available to talk.
35. Database Administration
I can see that you are having some issues with data sorting, this is where my expertise lies.
I have 3+ years of professional experience with multinationals in Data Administration, where my core has been data security, troubleshooting, trend analysis, forecasting, and planning. I am Oracle certified and well-versed in SQL and DB2 that makes me deliver a thoroughly professional job.
Hire me, so we can discuss this further.
36. Geospatial Technology
I can see that you need to upgrade your Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software? No problem.
I’m a GIS professional operating for 3+ years and delivering satisfactory services.
Having dealt with a wide variety of mapping requests and analytical issues, I have the perfect skill set to understand this job requirement, deliver it and add value to the scope of the project.
Looking forward to working with you on this.
37. Cloud Computing
With over 3 years of experience in cloud computing and server administration, this job is a piece of cake for me. I can migrate your already available data online while keeping check of your security and privacy. I do my thing with a command on Amazon cloud watch, MS Cloud Monitor, etc.
You can visit my profile to check the validity of my words.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
38. AI & Machine Learning
AI and Machine learning is something I’m deeply passionate about and improving it is something I take great pleasure in.
I’m proficient with Google Cloud ML, AML, Apache, Shogun and Python, Lisp, Java, etc., all the necessary programs and computer languages needed to extract the best out of AI and ML.
Together, I know we can achieve great things.
39. CAD & 3D Modeling
This job requirement perfectly matches my expertise. With 6 years of experience, I can create the realization, alteration, and optimization as well as provide a 3D edge to your model.
I am an expert in using Maya Mudbox, 3Ds Max, and AutoCAD to enhance aesthetics and can provide an artistic edge to your job.
I am eager to learn more about your requirements so that I can assist you with the best possible solutions.
40. Data Science
I believe I’m the person for this job. Why? Because I have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets.
I have 3+ years’ experience working with small to large-sized organizations and creating data architectures.
I can offer a variety of data mining and data analysis methods, use different data tools for finding opportunities for product and process optimization and thereby, derive successful business results.
Looking forward to your positive response!
9 Likes 5 Shares
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2018|
Getting a verified profile on Upwork
At the beginning of 2019, Upwork launched the Identity Verified Badge which was made available to all the earning freelancers on the platform. With the growing ratio of companies and managers joining Upwork for hiring the ideal candidate, this measure was taken to inculcate confidence in the clients, so that they could be sure about who they are planning to hire.
As of now, thousands of freelancers have earned this badge, helping to build trust with the clients. Presently, Upwork is one of the topmost exclusive platforms of freelance market places that is safe and fraud-free. The identity verification badge has simply added to the value of this service provider.
Recently, this platform has made this identity verification process a necessity for all freelancers; with an aim to control fraudulent activities and deactivate fake identities, making opportunities grow for real people.
Why do I need to verify my profile?
If you are a registered user of Upwork, then you must be belonging to one of these three categories.
1. Group 1: This category consists of freelancers who’ve received an email or notification where they have been told that they are required to earn the badge.
2. Group 2: This group of freelancers received an email or a notification letting them know that they are eligible, but earning the badge is not a requirement for them.
3. Group 3: Finally, this group of freelancers did not receive any notification or an email, thus they aren’t eligible to earn the badge.
If you fall in the first two categories, you must pass the following two stages of verification:
1. Provide a valid national identity card or voter’s card or International Passport or driving licence issued by the government. The photo on the ID card should not be altered in any way. Refrain from using any filters. All four corners of the ID should be easily seen in the photo. The following photo formats are accepted; PNG, JPEG, BMP, PDF.
2. Complete a video call for verification.
The complete process takes about 10-minutes or so, and it is crucial to have a strong internet connection to successfully go through this test and be verified. Rest assured, your confidential information is for Upwork agents exclusively, (the agents have passed strict background checks). Once you have earned the badge, the clients can see a ‘tick’ sign on the side of your name on the profile.
What are the important elements of this process?
1. When the freelancers receive an email. They have 7-days to complete the process.
2. After the 7-day period, the freelancer won’t be able to withdraw earnings and submit proposals.
3. Make sure your webcam is working before you receive a verification call.
4. Ensure that the microphone is working as well.
5. The following questions will be asked during the video verification;
• Email address
• Residential address on your profile
• Phone number on your profile
• Freelance services you offer on Upwork
Now that you’ve received all the information you wanted, make sure you get your Upwork profile verified now to keep the proposals and interviews coming.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by Abovee122: 10:56pm On Feb 20, 2018|
Can you help to set up a transcription and proof reading profile and help to get it approved on upwork? Will I pay you after account being approved or how do you work?
Then which country is best to apply. Can a Nigerian account do well and attract clients or buyers on upwork?
I have a US PayPal and Payoneer so payment is not an issue. here..
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 12:04am On Feb 21, 2018|
Abovee122:Yes, I can help to set up an approved Upwork profile for transcription and proofreading for a token fee as my service entails more benefits. Yes, of course...Nigerian account do well on Upwork as most clients are majorly concerned with doing their job well. Though some clients will opt for native English speakers for jobs like proofreading tasks but as you have more positive reviews, your reputation increases on Nigerian account for such tasks.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by Abovee122: 12:39am On Feb 21, 2018|
How much is your token fee?
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 1:16am On Feb 21, 2018|
Abovee122:Kindly message me via contact details for further details based on the service(s) you need.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 12:09pm On Feb 21, 2018|
Crucial terms and conditions on Upwork that every customer should know
Upwork is certainly one of the best freelancing platforms available. Approximately, 3 million jobs are posted on Upwork each year. And with a large membership of over 180 countries, the site has an increasing level of competence. Actually, it is nowadays more difficult to secure an account on Upwork. The platform has put in place certain measures to ensure that only the most qualified individuals are allowed to operate on the platform.
However, once you have managed to set up an account, there are guidelines that you must follow to ensure that you do not violate the terms of service.
1. Do not include your contact information or payment details
Upwork does not encourage any communication between client and freelancer outside the platform. Hence, you are not allowed to include any contact information, give out payment details of any kind or reply a client in the course of conversation with words like Skype, Phone number, Bank account, Wire transfer, PayPal, Payoneer, Skrill, Neteller, Bitcoin. If you do so, you stand a risk of getting your account suspended as it will trigger a notification to the Upwork support team.
2. Bid for jobs that you can confidently handle
Most novice freelancers usually get their accounts closed after sending multiple bids for work to no avail. While this may be a simplified statement that no one ever tells you, choose only the jobs that you can possibly get hired to handle. Bidding for jobs based on the price tag will leave you jobless for quite some time. Eventually, your account might be closed and you suffer the daunting task of creating a new account.
3. Avoid any element of fraud
Although fraudulent activities more often go unnoticed, the outcome may not be too pleasing eventually. You should not seek either should you offer any activities that are illegal or obscene. And behold, you are not allowed to endorse such activities.
4. Do not use the site other than for the intended purpose
It is not advisable to use the site for obtaining favours of any kind. Free services are also not allowed and coercion of users and/or falsifying information is also prohibited.
Freelancing on Upwork comes with tremendous advantages. However, discipline and obedience are paramount to ensure that you enjoy your work on Upwork.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2018|
Top 4 important things you should never forget as a freelancer on Upwork
Freelancing is a good business especially when you are having a continuous flow of clients and money. However, there are several important things that a freelancer should never forget while using Upwork as a freelancing platform. These simple but grievous mistakes might cost you a job at Upwork. Here are some of the top 4 mistakes that you should never do as a freelancer.
1. Do not apply for extremely low paying jobs
As a freelancer who is aspiring to greatness, you should believe in your abilities and exercise self-empowerment. Applying for extremely low paying jobs will not only diminish your morale but will also deride you from the benefits that come with good payment. Clients who offer extremely low paying jobs are also prone to humiliate you. Mostly they are money hungry individuals who prey on innocent freelancers.
2. Avoid prejudiced clients
These clients always start their job descriptions with “Native English speakers only” banner. Though this aspect always is associated with precision, it’s mostly biased and discriminative. Nevertheless, for the sake of your Upwork connects, do not waste your time bidding for these jobs if you are not a native speaker or if you are not hailing from the preferred locality.
3. Keep your communications within Upwork
Upwork provides efficient communication platforms from messaging to video calling. Maintaining your communications within Upwork ensures that your payment is protected by either an escrow account or desktop timer for hourly jobs. Any transactions outside this platform are not protected and you are more prone to getting scammed.
4. Revise Upwork’s terms of service
To always keep you on the safe side, remember to revise the terms of service in Upwork to prevent your account from being closed. Always strive to maintain discipline, openness, and dedication.
Finally, you should never forget that it takes hard work and determination to achieve your dream. Interestingly, only one out of 10 people achieve their dreams. The remaining nine do not, because they never tried. Consider these points, implement them and let’s meet at greater levels!
4 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 10:38am On Feb 22, 2018|
Top 4 business lessons to learn from Upwork
Saying that necessity is the mother of invention is certainly true. Well, at least to some extent it is. Logically, humankind has always come up with ideas based on the prevailing needs. Currently, all the luxuries have been invented. However, there is not enough money to enjoy. It is for this reason that business ideas are constantly being generated to increase the amount of income.
Since money is a necessity, it is important to consider the various ways of improving your business ideas. Here are the top 5 lessons every entrepreneur should learn from Upwork.
1. You don’t necessarily need all the skills
Upwork has a high membership of both freelancers and clients. Though up to 3 million jobs are posted on the platform each year, the skills to perform those jobs are not with the Upwork business team. Conveniently, if you are not able to do something because you lack the skill, find a buyer then find a seller and ensure you get paid for doing just that. This is how to become a broker at a more professional level.
2. Find what is profitable
Success in any business activity involves assessing the needs of consumers and meeting those needs with antique precision. Upwork realized that finding a job opportunity is equally as difficult as finding a competent employee. Consequently, the platform provides services that solve the problem of finding work and employees alike.
3. Ensure customer security
Upwork is one of the most secure platforms. They offer explicit payment protection services. Besides, their transaction processes are easy and free from scammers. Therefore, customers really feel secure to use such a platform. In any entrepreneurial practice, customer security should be your top priority to help foster trust and long-lasting relationships.
4. Communicate effectively with customers
The Upwork support team is always available at your disposal. No activity goes on in your account without them notifying you. Effective and useful communication is a major contributor to a successful business relationship.
It is easier becoming an entrepreneur. However, you should be able to show your willingness to achieve your goals and do whatever it takes to make it happen.
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 22, 2018|
emmdam i want to get approved on upwork. i am an android developer and also desktop software developer(mainly in java and javafx). kindly guide me on this freelancing of a thing on upwork and freelancer. thanks
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2018|
dayo2me:Hi. You can easily create a profile for yourself on freelancer.com. Concerning Upwork, kindly message me via contact details to help.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2018|
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2018|
How to receive payments from Upwork
It is a belief that you are reading this article because you either have money in your Upwork account which you have to withdraw or because you anticipate some money from a client. Either way, you are in the right place. Receiving money from Upwork is relatively easier if you understand the terms and conditions surrounding transactions in this platform. Upwork offers payment protection for both hourly and fixed jobs.
This article focuses on how to receive money from clients and how to withdraw that money from an Upwork account.
Receiving money from clients
As mentioned earlier, there are hourly and fixed jobs on Upwork.
* Fixed jobs
When you sign up for a fixed job, you should ensure that your client has deposited some milestones in an escrow account. This milestone proves the ability of the client to pay for the job. The amount deposited in an escrow account is dependent on the length of the project that you are working on. After the successful completion of a project, Upwork releases money from the escrow account to your account following approval by the client.
* Hourly jobs
Hourly jobs should only be considered for clients who have a verified payment method. This payment method is only feasible for freelancers who have logged in their details using the Upwork desktop time tracker. Additionally, this method does not work if you worked for a client whose billing method is unverified.
Receiving money from Upwork
To ensure that everything works for you during payment, you need to set up a payment account via "Get Paid". Upwork accepts the use of various payment methods such as PayPal and Payoneer. Upwork also allows bank transfer to a local bank account.
PayPal is certainly the most common withdrawal method. So common that most people assume that it is the only withdrawal method feasible. If you select withdrawal by PayPal then you will receive the cash to your PayPal account.
Money withdrawal by Payoneer is relatively easier. All that is required of you is to click the "Get Paid" from Upwork Settings and choose withdrawal using Payoneer. You can then access your money from your Payoneer account.
* Bank transfer to local bank account
Bank transfer directly to a local bank account is the most cost-effective for small and large amounts.
Now that you are fully aware of the payment options on Upwork, you can confidently focus on your freelancing career and earn good money.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 9:43am On Feb 23, 2018|
How to avoid getting scammed on Upwork
Hard work and determination are always rewarded accordingly. However, sometimes there are people who have orchestrated dangerous and unprofessional ploys to siphon your hard-earned cash from right under your nose. It is saddening that this heinous act is finding its way to professional platforms such as Upwork. Nevertheless, the Upwork team has put up measures to ensure that your money is safe and secure.
It takes hard work to earn money and therefore every freelancer should learn how to avoid getting scammed. This article explores the various ways to avoid getting scammed in Upwork.
1. Check for a confirmation email
Upwork always sends you a confirmation email when you have been hired for any particular job. The greatest commandment for a freelancer is that you should not do any job before you are hired. This not only applies to Upwork but also other freelance websites. In the event that you apply for a job and someone tells you to start working, inform them to hire you first and wait for a confirmation email from Upwork that you have been hired.
2. Use milestones
For fixed jobs, it is advisable that you ensure that your client sets up a milestone before you start working. Work milestones are certain agreements between you and your client. Milestones enable you to be paid for one chunk of work at a time. This is especially important for large projects where a small milestone can be agreed upon to instill trust between you and your client. Payment for any milestone depends on how satisfied the client is with your work. Milestones are held in an account called Escrow. Besides, it is only the money that is in escrow that is safe.
3. What about hourly jobs?
In the event that you have pitched for an hourly job, you should ensure that your client’s payment method is verified. Maximize your protection by using the Upwork time tracker to ensure that you log all your time. Payment is not guaranteed if you don’t use a time tracker.
It is a daunting task to earn money. Once you have struggled to earn your decent pay, you should consider following these steps to secure your income.
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2018|
Upwork Job Success Score
For most employers, experience and job success are the most sought-after qualities of employees. These not only assure them of quality but are also a sign that the person being employed well understands the nature of the work they are getting hired for. However, for most newbie freelancers on Upwork, this antecedence does not favour their quest for employment. Nevertheless, there is no iota of evidence that this status quo will be broken soon. A job success score in Upwork is a measure of your competence and how satisfied a client is with your work. High scores always help promote your business as a freelancer. Though a high success score is only guaranteed to those freelancers who deliver quality work.
How your job success score is calculated
Contract history with your client will help reflect your success score. Long-term relationships and client feedbacks are usually used to calculate your success score. It is important to maintain long-term relationships because they are crucial in determining your success score. However, Upwork does not reveal how to calculate a success score so that users cannot artificially update their score.
When your success score is calculated
Job success scores are constantly updated in the frequency of 3 to 6 to 12 months based on your history. Actually, the calculated scores are compared and the best score is displayed on your profile. Changes in your job score are reflective of your activities in the recent past or from the distant past.
When to start getting evaluations for a job success score
For you to receive an evaluation for a job success score, you have to obtain feedback from your clients. Meaning, you have to be hired first. Newbie freelancers who have not been hired yet do not have a job success score. Moreover, freelancers get an evaluation after completing up to eight projects.
As a freelancer, you should always strive to obtain a good and timely feedback from your clients. Such feedback helps you get a quality job success score.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 12:25am On Feb 24, 2018|
The Upwork Customer Support Team
Are you in need of help? Upwork has an efficient support team who are more than willing to offer you answers to your questions on demand.
How to contact the team
Usually, there is always a floating button at the bottom right corner of any help center page written: “Get help”.
When you click on the button, the team asks you the kind of help you need, with the question “How can we help you?”
You are then required to provide a description of your situation then click on the “Continue” button. The team will then find answers and solutions to your question using the information that you provided.
However, in the event that this procedure doesn’t answer your questions appropriately, you can still click on “I Still Need Help.”
Then, you choose a category and a subcategory. The options available should match the detail you are looking for.
For every Upwork user, there is always the Ask the community button. This button is a great resource. It enables users to seek advice from fellow users. When you click on the “Community” button, it directs you to a forum where you can search for the issues that resemble your own. Additionally, this feature usually opens in a new window hence it is easy to maneuver your way between the tabs.
Are direct contacts available?
Of course! You can always send messages through email to the support team. Phone support and live chat services are also available.
Roles of the support team
The Upwork support team helps in answering any questions from customers. They also send constant email notifications on the activities taking place in your account. Moreover, the customer support team also helps in solving customer – client disputes. These disputes may be related to defaulted payments or any fraudulent activity.
The support team at Upwork is very friendly, timely and easy to work with. They are surely the best team available when compared to similar platforms.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2018|
How to spot a good client on Upwork
The greatest nightmare for freelancers is getting the first client on Upwork. It may take you several months to finally secure a chance to be hired. It might seem that for some, luck is always knocking on their door and they get hired quickly. However, on closer consideration, those who actually earn favour in the sight of clients have mastered the art of pitching for clients.
There are a variety of ways to spot a good client on Upwork. It, however, takes a kind eye to ensure that you get hired with the first few attempts. Moreover, this article explores the various ways on how to spot a good client. The methods are pretty basic but are worth a try.
1. Clients with verified payment methods
Bidding on a job whose client has a verified payment method has its advantages. It means that your money is well protected. Clients with verified payment methods also appear legit. You should note that it is quite impossible to receive payments on an hourly job in case the client does not have a payment method that is verified.
2. Amount spent on Upwork
Clients who have spent quite some amount on Upwork understand the nature of the market and can promptly provide payments. It is also important to find out the length of time that the client has been operating on Upwork. New clients usually do not prefer novice freelancers hence the importance of checking the amount of money and time a client has spent.
3. Clients and reviews
Clients who give a five-star review to freelancers are usually good to work with. They also provide an avenue for you to be hired again later.
Although it is difficult to get a client on Upwork, when you set the right foot forward, you can actually get good clients. However, it is equally more important to learn how to keep clients. A good working relationship will enable you to earn a long-term project.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 11:32pm On Feb 24, 2018|
Upwork basics that every freelancer should do
Finding the right jobs on Upwork is an art. It requires careful consideration of details. It is not about selecting any random work just because it is available. If you have been wondering how to start your Upwork career then this article is surely your best friend. Here are the basic things that every freelancer should do on Upwork.
1. Select a job based on your capability
You should only select a job that you are able to perform competently. This will ensure that you provide your client with the best quality of service. Consequently, you will be awarded a nice review and quality feedback.
2. Go for clients who work longer with freelancers
Clients who work longer with freelancers are able to foster long-lasting relationships that can land you a long-term project. This can help propel your freelancing career on Upwork. These types of clients also pay well and are better understanding, patient and compassionate.
3. Only go for jobs with a verified payment method
Clients with a verified payment method are very legit. Besides, in the event that you bid for an hourly job, it is difficult to receive payment protection from Upwork in case there are any complications.
4. Always strive to deliver high-quality work
This is the greatest commandment for a freelancer. Clients always eschew low-quality work and you may fail to receive payment for your work. Besides, the Upwork team may decide to close your account due to incompetence.
Surely or so, for you to become great in any field of expertise, you must first master the basics. The tips aforementioned are clearly articulated and will provide you with the opportunity to make the first step. Cheers!
4 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 10:22am On Feb 25, 2018|
"Four steps to achievement: plan purposefully, prepare prayerfully, proceed positively, pursue persistently." - William A. Ward
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by deafeyez: 10:59am On Feb 25, 2018|
I was banned from upwork after several failed bids.
I applied for WordPress then even though I had no skill on it.
I have long been searching for a great skill to learn but can't pick any, no idea.
WHICH WOULD YOU SUGGEST.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 1:05pm On Feb 25, 2018|
deafeyez:Upwork permanently suspended your account due to inability to secure a job from the numerous proposals you submitted within 6 months. Creating a profile for a service you have no knowledge about is wrong. I understand that you might have plans to outsource the tasks you get but if the client is unsatisfied and you are unable to do the needful, it might result in a dispute case and if the dispute isn't in your favour that is a loss of investment and effort you input for such task. Kindly message via contact details for a suggestion on a service you can learn within one week.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by deafeyez: 4:34pm On Feb 25, 2018|
How do I get the contact
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 4:40pm On Feb 25, 2018|
deafeyez:Kindly check the first content I posted.
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by M2dX(m): 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2018|
|Re: Hot Tips to Make Money on Upwork with an Approved Account by emmdam(m): 8:33pm On Feb 25, 2018|
M2dX:Kindly message me via contact details.
Learn And Practice How To Bring In More Money By Burning Candles / Chrisvicmall Customer Service (Shipping,Procurement & Escrow Service From China) / "Step By Step Guide To Starting A Recharge Card Printing Business In Nigeria"
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 696