Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo (35989 Views)

Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church / Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals / Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by mrvitalis(m): 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
NORSIYK:
So the greedy okpalaeke who was imposed on Ahiara Diocese by his uncle Cardinal Arinze has resigned after swearing over his dead body will he resign.
Don't mind people that don't know the story
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by bonechamberlain(m): 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
mrvitalis:

Shut up
whatelse do u have to say if not shut up, this is above ur comprehension. keep ur itchy fingers far away from u keyboard if u don't have anything yo contribute

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by cosby02(m): 6:15pm On Feb 19, 2018
Lilimax:

The people make up the Church.
When you say church, it's not talking about the building per say,
the church is the people smiley
My point exactly

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Xisnin(m): 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2018
mrvitalis:

If you don't know the story shut up
Shut up tribalist, every scumbag including racists and tribalists have a "story" to tell.
One would expect the church to be exempted from your tribalism but character is like a smoke, you can't hide it.
I hope you can now celebrate now that you have forced him out.
Uncivilised tribalistic bunch. SMH.

19 Likes

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Abogwara: 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2018
Shame on ndi Mbaise. Yet they want to assume leadership position in other parts of Igboland and Nigeria. I expect one of their leaders to be courageous enough to condemn this act.

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2018
NO WONDER my imo friend used to say If u see a snake and Mbaise man, first kill Mbaise man before the Snake.............

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by arrestdarrester: 6:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
His being from Anambra is just a good reason the Mbaise clergy and laity have against the now retired Bishop. We await the real reason...

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Austinoiz(m): 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
tolugar:
Shame on the catholic community of ahiara diocese

A big disgrace to Catholicism

I thought we are united as one in the body of Christ

Shame on you for being consistently ignorant over this issue despite it's six years of existence.

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Xisnin(m): 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
NORSIYK:
So the greedy okpalaeke who was imposed on Ahiara Diocese by his uncle Cardinal Arinze has resigned after swearing over his dead body will he resign.

Shut up.
Bishops are not elected by local church but are appointed.
Your tribalistic mind have blinded you to that fact.
SMH.

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
But an mbaise man wants to be governor of imo state, greedy mofus

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Yankee101: 6:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
Igbo Kwenu!
The Igbos need to stop self destructive tendencies and show a Unity of purpose for the world to take them serious in their agitations. Nobody wants to help create another South Sudan scenario.

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by mrvitalis(m): 6:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
Xisnin:

Shut up tribalist, every scumbag including racists and tribalists have a "story" to tell.
One would expect the church to be exempted from your tribalism but character is like a smoke, you can't hide it.
I hope you can now celebrate now that you have forced him out.
Uncivilised tribalistic bunch. SMH.

It's OK for awka with less than 500 priest to have over 5 bishop while mbaise with over 700 have non

Tell cardinal arinze we won't lick his poo

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by mrvitalis(m): 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
Xisnin:

Shut up.
SMH.
Yes by cardinal arinze that's why his place with less priest have 6 mbaise with more have non
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Austinoiz(m): 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2018
Abogwara:
Shame on ndi Mbaise. Yet they want to assume leadership position in other parts of Igboland and Nigeria. I expect one of their leaders to be courageous enough to condemn this act.

Your stupidity is well documented. Keep massaging it in your delusionary media rants for Okoroawusa.

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by derealj(m): 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2018
Ekwulobia Diocese loading... .....
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by NORSIYK(m): 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
MXrap:
Imo state people are already cursed for rejecting the bishop that was Pope appointed. Timid local insecure people let us see where this will end.
You are the one who is cursed, meanwhile pope never appointed okpalaeke, it was cardinal arinze imposed his cousin on the Diocese

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
mrvitalis:

If you don't know the story shut up
Awka with less than 400 perist have over five bishop while mbaise with over 700 have non

If that bishop was from anywhere apart from awka we won't complain cardinal arinze should know mbaise can never be intimidated
what happen to the give the job to who ever do it well. Smh

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by titiforever: 6:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
That's the typical life style of a typical mbaise person, they are so self centered, highly irrational. It's a big shame to both the clergies and the laity.

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Nwambaise: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
God is not an author of confusion. That we're obedient doesn't mean you will ride us. Now, the Pope has been properly informed and has taken the right decision, there's no more confusion. This is what Okpaleke should have done 5years ago.

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by wawale(m): 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2018
And they want a country of their own. grin

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by whyteone: 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2018
velai:
Shame on igbo people... If it had happened in the west, na afonja afonjii we go de hear everywhere.
Just so you know,it also happened in the west and to our revered Archbishop Anthony Olubunmi Okojie.See excerpts from an interview he granted Punch newspapers.........

What’s your take on the rejection of the Pope’s order in Imo?

Those priests must obey. Obedience is important. I suffered the same thing in 1971. I was made an auxiliary bishop of Oyo Province. The priests rejected me. They came to warn me in Lagos that if I came, I was gone. It was tough. I went there and started working. I started winning their hearts gradually. I suffered great opposition. Later, I was transferred from Oyo to Lagos. God has been faithful. I was made an archbishop at a tender age. People started criticising my appointment. They said, “Eni ti o ti gbenu kuro lomu iya e,” meaning someone who is immature.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/some-women-roll-their-eyeballs-to-entice-me-okogie/amp/

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by NORSIYK(m): 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2018
Abogwara:
Did you shout shame on Nde owerri when they rejected mbaise priest as their bishop, did you condemn nde onitsha when they did same to another mbaise priest??

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by mrvitalis(m): 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2018
smartmey61:
what happen to the give the job to who ever do it well. Smh
Is that fear
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Austinoiz(m): 6:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
profjustine458:
But an mbaise man wants to be governor of imo state, greedy mofus

Grow up for once and stop spewing trash. Can your empty head justify why an Mbaise man can't vie to govern IMO?
Scumbag!

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by madgoat(m): 6:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
Lilimax:
So the same rascality synonymous to some Pentecostal churches has crept into the Catholic church shocked
For your information, I"m a Pentecostal... smiley

Keep quiet there. No one asked for ur opinion.
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by delivryboy: 6:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
cosby02:
Abeg....what if they bring yoruba man to be Bishop in Imo
That would result in outright murder!!!
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Akagbe(m): 6:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by Lilimax(f): 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2018
madgoat:

Keep quiet there. No one asked for ur opinion.
embarassed wink
Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by derealj(m): 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2018
I understand the Greviances of the Mbaise people. The Bishop of Okigwe Diocese is also from Anambra. But this is the Church for crying out loud. I don't know why they don't have many Bishops of Imo extract is it that they are not found worthy I won't doubt that though. And they have also forgotten that an Mbaise man is the VC of Unizik and he has the support of the people even when his leadership is nothing to write home about. Mbaise people should park one side Biko, their attitude is not worthy of a Christian.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo by NORSIYK(m): 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2018
Xisnin:

Shut up.
SMH.
How come all bishops in anambra state are all from anambra. what happened?
I need an honest answer please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Former US President George W Bush Converts To Islam / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / Fun Pictures Of Christmas Celebration In Anambra