Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) (51687 Views)

Bbnaija: So Laycon Featured Chinko Ekun, Reminisce In Fierce (video) / Igbo Isi-Agu Featured In "Black Panther" Movie / The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by mybestlove(m): 7:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
NO ONE TALKS ABOUT AFRICA TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD WITHOUT A MENTION OF THE IGBOS.

BLACK PANTHER KNEW THAT AND PROVED IT. HERE NIGERIA IS NEGLECTING A JEWEL IN HER HANDS WHILE THINGS FALL APART

IGBO IS GREAT.
I LOVE THEM

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Dhugal: 7:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
OP forgot the Nsibidi inscriptions on the throne.

7 Likes

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by SouthEastFacts: 7:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
olasco18:
mchteeeewww igbo amaka ko..igbo chinedu ni.....as if they av ever seen any igbo man using that mask..rada rada
You are bittered because nobody knows your sufferstikated tribe.

That mask is a version of the legendary Mgbedike mask and it is only the Igbos that use it. It is found in most of the top museums in Europe.

(Mgbe- Time, Dike- Warrior)

We ain't mate. When Yorubas were still experimenting with muds, Ndi Igbo had already successful casted a bronze work of art. It took Ife 400 years to achieve this.

I guess you don't even know this. Research!

Agbada is not even Yoruba. Grabbers. Better concentrate on skull minings and leave the real sophisticated ones to do what they know how to do BEST.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by 1Sharon(f): 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yes I noticed the movie was a fusion of cultures
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
Originalsly:
That's what the guy was saying...they wanted it to highlight African cultures and at the same time be futuristic. Guess breaking news for Nollywood....there is money to be made by showcasing African cultures.

A lot of money, they don't really focus on us and when they do it is always the same 'Third world, Poor War torn country, Starving Children' Narrative. They don't even highlight and dissect the Exteremly Rich Cultures we have. And all our own Foolish Nollywood here want to do is copy Western culture and form Accent.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by okerekeikpo: 7:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
No Afonja and Fulani terrorist

1 Like

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by digitsolution: 7:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
I do hope the movie is worth the whole hype, will go see it soon ......

Do you need to brand/customize items as a political party for campaigns, multinational , church, product launch, schools or businesses ? Also for weddings birthdays etc . Check out my signature and follow up on IG.
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by SouthEastFacts: 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2018
crisycent:
Hahahahhahaa this OP must be a Igbo or a cone head! Where in the movie did they mention Igbo mask? The only Nigerian culture known worldwide is the BINI culture as you can see in the museum scene in the movie, the Bronze head is BINI. Give due credit abeg!
A bittered descendant of fallen Angel.

Mgbedike is an Igbo Mask and they used a version of it in the movie. Research.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by lastmaster(m): 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
where can I get the movie
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by priiince(m): 7:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
lastmaster:
where can I get the movie
Cinema. Cost iis ≤ N1500
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Abogwara: 7:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
chuksvoice:
(7) Otjize

Many of the costumes worn in the movie have a distinctive red earthy tone. This was done in recognition of the colors used by the Himba people of north-western Namibia. Himba people are known for applying a red ochre paste, known as "otjize", to their skin and hair.

Igbos also have this culture and it is known as "Uhie".

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Ishilove: 7:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
chuksvoice:
(9) Dogon masks

The Dogon mask were brought into the movie, Black Panther. There was a lot of inspiration taken from the Dogon people. They live in the central plateau region of Mali, in West Africa.
I'm pretty sure the masks have something to do with masculine virility, hence the similarity of shape to the peni§ and testicles
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Abogwara: 7:26pm On Mar 04, 2018
The soundtrack "All the stars" which features Kendrick and SZA was almost an all Igbo affair.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
Ishilove:

I'm pretty sure the masks have something to do with masculine virility, hence the similarity of shape to the peni§ and testicles

cheesycheesycheesygringringrin
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Ikem11(m): 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
Why always Igbos when u think about Nigeria? What is it that they envy us each time our name is mentioned? Celebrate others and u will be celebrated.... Igbo AMaka!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by piagetskinner(m): 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2018
I never watch this movie yet oo...I need HD version Ti download...pls where can I download
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by christnazirite(m): 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2018
hello fellow nairalander, please let support our own
Please go to Instagram and twitter like and tag her picture, also share it. She's very cute and apparently really smart (i knew her over 3 years now and had contributed a lot to my life)

Please vote. Show your support for her and Nigeria

She's already made the top 5 in MISS ISA (International Student Association, kwame Nkrumah university of science and technology)

african wear:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bft2AV0non9/?hl=en

miss isa_knust_gh:[url] https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf3GODnn3MJ/?hl=en[/url]

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by ares245(m): 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
Even Kendrick Lamar all stars ft SZA the video dope shaaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by jantavanta(m): 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
The movie shows that Africa's development was detoured by invasions, arab/European transcontinental slavery and colonisation.

Cultural Independence is requisite for development. Imported Gods of mass destruction are holding back our dynamics of development.

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Iwillnotjump: 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
AryaSand:

We are going to 1billion dollars plus, it must happen. Lol!

We? As in Marvel or you orAfrica?
Ahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by chuksvoice: 8:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
crisycent:
Hahahahhahaa this OP must be a Igbo or a cone head! Where in the movie did they mention Igbo mask? The only Nigerian culture known worldwide is the BINI culture as you can see in the museum scene in the movie, the Bronze head is BINI. Give due credit abeg!

I don't like to engage in petty tribal jibes, but to make statement without hard facts is really disgusting. Have you ever heard about Igbo-Ukwu?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Iwillnotjump: 8:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
AryaSand:

A lot of money, they don't really focus on us and when they do it is always the same 'Third world, Poor War torn country, Starving Children' Narrative. They don't even highlight and dissect the Exteremly Rich Cultures we have. And all our own Foolish Nollywood here want to do is copy Western culture and form Accent.

Don't even know why you compare the two when the profit from one Avengers movie can buy the whole nollywood with better change remaining. They are not on the same level.
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 04, 2018
Iwillnotjump:

We? As in Marvel or you orAfrica?
Ahahahahaha
All of us ni o grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Iwillnotjump:

Don't even know why you compare the two when the profit from one Avengers movie can buy the whole nollywood with better change remaining. They are not on the same level.

Of course they are not, I'm just saying we should do us and they to push that us out there as much as possible instead of copying.
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by ednut1(m): 8:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
jantavanta:
The movie shows that Africa's development was detoured by invasions, arab/European transcontinental slavery and colonisation.

Cultural Independence is requisite for development. Imported Gods of mass destruction are holding back our dynamics of development.
wrong, africans (minus north africa) would never not have developed if arabs and others didnt come. As at d time the arabs and whites came where were we technologically No dey console ur self.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by noah91(m): 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2018
How many Nigerians featured in the movie and of which tribe are they?

1 Like

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Sylverly(m): 8:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
AryaSand:

Lol! Are you sure?
very sure.. .especially those those little girls
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2018
Sylverly:
very sure.. .especially those those little girls
Which Little girls?
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by jantavanta(m): 9:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
ednut1:
wrong, africans (minus north africa) would never not have developed if arabs and others didnt come. As at d time the arabs and whites came where were we technologically No dey console ur self.

Starting 2,500 years ago, we exported philosophical, scientific, technological and theological education to whites and Arabs and they became empowered to invade us over a period of 1000 years.
#WhenWeRuled
#DestructionofBlackCivilization

The writers of Wakanda know this, because many African Americans have discovered our true history, which did not start with slave trade.

Arabic and Hebrew are dialects of ancient Egyptian.

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by kwessiStewie2(m): 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2018
Y0ruba:

‘Agbada’ is a Yoruba word.

The design is similar across groups who wear them but each group has a peculiarity to the design local to it - the type worn in the movie will determine what part of West Africa the design was taken from and what name it should be referred to here.

On the side, Forest Whitaker is of Igbo ancestry.
and Akan ancestry
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by kwessiStewie2(m): 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2018
So kente was not featured? angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians React As Tboss Is Evicted From Big Brother Naija House (screenshots) / Mercy Blasts Ike: “You Didn’t Make It In America, You Think You Can In Nigeria” / BBnaija: Enkay And Joe Are New Housemates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.