Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,208 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) (51681 Views)

Bbnaija: So Laycon Featured Chinko Ekun, Reminisce In Fierce (video) / Igbo Isi-Agu Featured In "Black Panther" Movie / The 11 Times Marvel's "Black Panther" Depicted African Culture Perfectly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by crisycent: 9:41am On Mar 05, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
don't also forget that one of those Dora milaje women bears an igbo name, add it to the list of things that will give u a heart attack.

Hahahahahhaa there are names in other tribes in other countries that have a meaning in Bini. So go and kill yourself. Developers
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by jantavanta(m): 10:43am On Mar 05, 2018
ednut1:
i am talking about africa from the sahara downwards. Blacks not egyptians

We have lost kingdoms and lost cities in Nigeria, but Nigerian archeology has not done much. The Egyptians were Black during the pyramid building age. But Hollywood portrays them as White because White people are trying to claim Ancient Egyptian history.

Ancient Egypt was merely a big daughter of the interior of Africa.

After succesive invasions by Persians (who were also Black), Macedonian Greeks (who were mixed), Romans (mixed), Arabs (mixed), Ottoman Turks(White) and finally Europeans, the Black History of the pyramid builders is being covered up by European and American archaeologists. But Black People are catching up to their media lies.

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by jantavanta(m): 10:48am On Mar 05, 2018
Y0ruba:

Black Panther was a super-hero movie adapted from a comic book based on a story of blacks fighting fellow blacks with a white man stepping in at the end to settle the carnage.

If I can infer from that, it means, blacks are an uncivilized bunch engaged in an endless bloodshed till the Europeans enlightened them. Does this remind you of missionary & colonialism in Africa?

Also, Africans who are bright in the head know the movie made money for the white establishment & also, watered down the name/struggles of the Black Panther Party in the Black History in the US.

The movie is pure crap.

We are better at telling our own story, if we are ready to do so. We need not wait for Hollywood. After decades of media starvation, a lot of Diasporans have something to at least start with. I do not expect a platter of Gold from Hollywood, but we need to rethink the message we portray in Nollywood.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Assassin101: 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
pls when is nollywood releasing "The Black Cow"
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Fatherofdragons: 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2018
crisycent:

Hahahahahhaa there are names in other tribes in other countries that have a meaning in Bini. So go and kill yourself. Developers
tell me now if what u wrote here made sense, I no sey anything igbo dey pain u. NDI WITCHS AND WIZARDS
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by MrBONE2(m): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2018
chuksvoice:

(2) Zulu headdress

Queen Ramonda played by Angela Basset in the movie, Black Panther, wears the Zulu headdress. It's reminiscent of the reed Zulu flared hats or "Isicholos." in South Africa.
Proudly Africangrin
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by crisycent: 4:20pm On Mar 05, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
tell me now if what u wrote here made sense, I no sey anything igbo dey pain u. NDI WITCHS AND WIZARDS

Bloody illiterate, learn to spell fücking bàstard..you don dey develop their culture until I open your smelly yansh. Useless set of people. How your runaway mentor, the self claimed Jew? Imagine you bàstardized race of a people claiming to be from Israel....hahahahahahahhaa. Very soon una go begin claim Chinese. Now, locate the nearest lagoon and jump inside!
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by ceaser: 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2018
Sylverly:
I didn't see some of these scenes ooo.. Did I watch a different version of black panther

Of course. You must have seen this version below.

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by dfrost: 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2018
ednut1:
how did british, french conquer africa Wat has d usa nd nato been doing in libya,iraq.afganistan nd south america Dialogue i suppose grin

That someone does the wrong thing always doesn't make it right. My take.
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Fatherofdragons: 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
crisycent:

Bloody illiterate, learn to spell fücking bàstard..you don dey develop their culture until I open your smelly yansh. Useless set of people. How your runaway mentor, the self claimed Jew? Imagine you bàstardized race of a people claiming to be from Israel....hahahahahahahhaa. Very soon una go begin claim Chinese. Now, locate the nearest lagoon and jump inside!
this one don dey craze ooooo

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by crisycent: 11:28pm On Mar 05, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
this one don dey craze ooooo

You no see anything talk again? Na your generation come dey mad abi?
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Sylverly(m): 6:40pm On Mar 06, 2018
ceaser:

Of course. You must have seen this version below.
grin
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by kruusy: 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2018
pls which site can I download black panther

1 Like

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Thegamingorca(m): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
AryaSand:

We are going to 1billion dollars plus, it must happen. Lol!

I've seen it 3ce now. It is quite rich in African Culture and it is a good movie.

Thrice ... you are overdoing it
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 10, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Thrice ... you are overdoing it
First, there's nothing like over doing whenbit comes to something you love. I can eat amala 5times a day. I love the movie. I think it is a good movie and I'm not arm twisting anyone to take me to go see it. I go see it with my money.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Ooni: 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2018
why is my tribe found wanting?
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by Ayobami7(m): 10:10am On Jan 23, 2019
好的
Re: Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos) by jbblues24(m): 8:29am On May 31, 2019
I admire your type, friend. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians React As Tboss Is Evicted From Big Brother Naija House (screenshots) / Mercy Blasts Ike: “You Didn’t Make It In America, You Think You Can In Nigeria” / BBnaija: Enkay And Joe Are New Housemates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.