Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Who Has The Fastest 4G Speeds? Nigeria NOT In Top 90 In LTE Coverage & Speed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Has The Fastest 4G Speeds? Nigeria NOT In Top 90 In LTE Coverage & Speed (1428 Views)

Airtel’s Broadband Coverage, Speed Ranked Best In Nigeria By Umlaut / Signal Is The Fastest Growing App In The World! More Than WhatsApp Now. / Which Network Provider In Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Connection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has The Fastest 4G Speeds? Nigeria NOT In Top 90 In LTE Coverage & Speed by temitofa(m): 10:46am On Feb 20, 2018
While 5G is the latest catchword in the carrier industry, we are still on 4G LTE and it’s yet to even cover 20% of Nigerian cities. Despite the challenge of coverage and attainment of speed, ,modem manufacturers like Qualcomm and others continues issuing out their modems that can take advantage of "pre-5G" up to 2 Gbps speeds, yet carriers can't hit anywhere close to that in real-life scenarios. Are you curious which country boasts of the fastest LTE network in the world, or what's the average 4G speed globally?

Well, according to the latest annual report from OpenSignal answers these pressing questions for you. The top two in terms of 4G availability are still South Korea and Japan.

Talking about “average 4G LTE speeds”, the world hasn't seen much progress since the previous annual report. Even the fastest LTE networks, such as those in Singapore, the Netherlands, or Norway, are still in the 40-45Mbps range, while "the Holy Grail of 50 Mbps remains just unreachable," according to OpenSignal.

Nigeria is not even in the top 90 countries in terms of 4G LTE availability and speed? This shows that we are deeply asleep in the telecom sector.

https://www.tellforceblog.com/2018/02/who-has-the-fastest-4g-speeds.html

Re: Who Has The Fastest 4G Speeds? Nigeria NOT In Top 90 In LTE Coverage & Speed by gidimasters(m): 10:54am On Feb 20, 2018
Were you expecting Nigeria to be there before? When their useless 4G isn't even available to all States in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Fastest 4G Speeds? Nigeria NOT In Top 90 In LTE Coverage & Speed by eTECTIVe(m): 11:12am On Feb 20, 2018
What have u been smoking? D ntwrks have not even been able to provide stable 3G ntwrk talk more of fast LTE..
Re: Who Has The Fastest 4G Speeds? Nigeria NOT In Top 90 In LTE Coverage & Speed by Tonyreal49(m): 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
What a stupid country
I hate Nigeria with all my strength
I will not be faithful,loyal and honest
I will never serve the shithole

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Fastest 4G Speeds? Nigeria NOT In Top 90 In LTE Coverage & Speed by MrBONE2(m): 2:48pm On Feb 20, 2018
I thought KiVuKi Land and Wakanda made it in list of top 30 grin
Gyarbonka
Re: Who Has The Fastest 4G Speeds? Nigeria NOT In Top 90 In LTE Coverage & Speed by GrandMufti: 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Who Has The Fastest 4G Speeds? Nigeria NOT In Top 90 In LTE Coverage & Speed by Simeony007(m): 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hit like if you can't find Nigeria on the list
Re: Who Has The Fastest 4G Speeds? Nigeria NOT In Top 90 In LTE Coverage & Speed by neomatrix1027(m): 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
Shîthole country

(1) (Reply)

Haw Can By Jio.phone 2 / I Want To Swap My Infinix Note 3 / Introducing MTN Startimes Streaming Bundle - How To Activate It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.