Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar (22829 Views)

Son Cuts Off Mother’s Hands With Machete In Ogun / Zimbabwean Woman Flogs Husband's Side Chick, Cuts Off Her Hair With Knife / Man Attacks Father With Machete In Cross River For Sleeping With Another Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Nigerianblogs: 12:25pm On Feb 20, 2018
A woman who was arrested for brutalizing three female siblings, aged 13, 5 and 3 years who are orphans after accusing them of Giving her HIV has been released,

According to Vanguard the incident happened at a community in Cross River State, the eldest sister while speaking in tears said:

“We are not witches, our grandmother made us to confess what we are not. We dropped out of school in 2016 when our mother died; we also lost our father in 2014. .

We do not belong to any witchcraft world. We are normal children; she made us to sell sachet water before we can eat once a day. .

She is our grandmoher, she normally brings people like Uncle Aniekan to punish us with hot machete and he flogged us with it after it had been heated up in fire. They will use it to flog us to confess that we were responsible for her sickness.

Barr. James Ibor, the Principal Counsel to Child Protection Network and Basic Rights Counsel Initiative, BRCI, the NGO that took up the matter, said they got the grandmother arrested but was later granted bail because she was HIV-positive and was like a walking corpse. .

“The old woman in question has a terminal illness, for which she has refused to continue taking drugs as prescribed and recommended, but she decided to blame her condition on the children.

She was aware of her status and was placed on anti-retroviral drugs, but she stopped taking them and decided to say her children were sucking her blood,” Ibor asserted.

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Cross River Command, ASP Irene Ugbo, confirmed the incident, adding that the matter was under investigation and all the parties involved would be made to face the consequences of their actions.

News From Ebiwali-- http://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2018/02/grandma-said-we-gave-her-hiv-woman.html

1 Like

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Harrynight(m): 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2018
cry
The wickedness of some women in Africa at times render the devil himself a learner.

I've always said, kids that aren't witches will confess they are out of fear.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Papiikush: 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2018
Calabar women... Smh.

Very ignorant set of people

6 Likes

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by delugajackson: 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2018
The heart of a woman is desperately wicked.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Nwodosis(m): 1:56pm On Feb 20, 2018
shocked
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by ChineseBuggati3(m): 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by ikenasri01(m): 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2018
witchcrat
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Amirullaha(m): 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2018
End time grandma...

1 Like

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by mccoy47(m): 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2018
Black wickedness! Reason why africa n oda black dominated nations are backward!

3 Likes

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by cutebae: 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2018
serious
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Evablizin(f): 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2018
Kai.

Frustrated grandma.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2018
Jeez, just imagine the sores on those kids back. Some women can be really evil. Imagine using hot cutlass on kids, what happened to conscience?

2 Likes

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by chukkystar(m): 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2018
But some Women get mind eh.. Ull see their children dressed well then househelp will b in rags... This children suffered cos they are not hers

1 Like

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by jashar(f): 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2018
huh!!!

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Ellabae(f): 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2018
Stupid grandma
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by BarrackGhost(m): 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
It is finished!
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Henry1006(m): 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe you are needed.

2 Likes

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by TheSoothedSoul(f): 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
African mentality. When are we going to move to the next level? I said it earlier and I'm gonna say it again... I ain't going back to my fatherland, even though I dnt have money I still love it here.

2 Likes

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Koval12(m): 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
Man's inhumanity against man...in the later days, the love of many shall wax cold...
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Amirullaha(m): 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
Gbagaun
ikenasri01:
witchcrat
Gbagaun
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by eyinjuege: 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2018
Harrynight:
cry
The wickedness of some women in Africa at times render the devil himself a learner.

I've always said, kids that aren't witches will confess they are out of fear.

Even adults that are innocent will confess to anything when faced with correct fear

2 Likes

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2018
Ntiboribo angry angry

Is dog that gave u hiv jhoor grin grin
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by jashar(f): 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2018
chukkystar:
But some Women get mind eh.. Ull see their children dressed well then househelp will b in rags... This children suffered cos they are not hers

but they are her blood na...

ahhh.... na wa...
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by ifrosh: 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2018
God save us from evil people.
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by AreaFada2: 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2018
Ignorance + wickedness = lethal combo. sad sad
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Drjafy: 2:03pm On Feb 20, 2018
Witch grandma.
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by blessedmeme: 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2018
Oh God of mercy please bring good helpers to these children and make them useful to you and to the world.
Dear Lord please give me good health in the land of the living and provide for me to take good care of the children you gave to me, I don't want them to have a second mother or a wicked second parents that maltreat them this way or to death' grant me this o Lord in Jesus name. (Amen)

1 Like

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by BanevsJoker(m): 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2018
Of course it had to be Cross River and Akwa Ibom. Despite Mary Slessor's best efforts, they still choose to reason like cows. Wonder why they didn't remain with Cameroon. Disgraceful set of witch hunters. I'm sure they are waiting for that tattooed white woman to take the burden of raising kids off them as usual.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by olu690(m): 2:14pm On Feb 20, 2018
Wickedness of the highest degree
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
BanevsJoker:
Of course it had to be Cross River and Akwa Ibom. Despite Mary Slessor's best efforts, they still choose to reason like cows. Wonder why they didn't remain with Cameroon. Disgraceful set of witch hunters. I'm sure they are waiting for that tattooed white woman to take the burden of raising kids off them as usual.

Grow up, small child, grow up.

Regarding the story

1.Most people who catch HIV are initially in denial. You tell someone he or she is positive...and the first thing is 'It is a lie'

2.I have personally seen a HIV positive woman brutalize a teenage relative who was looking after her in the hospital. (The HIV positive woman was severely ill, and eventually died...which is why I hesitate to criticize her). She was severely depressed...and took it out on the child.

3.Catching HIV is not easy. There are many HIV positive patients who live positively, take their drugs, and don't brutalise anyone. And there are many HIV positive who are so angry with the world...

4.Am not surprised the granny is depressed. She probably got the HIV from her husband...or even a tainted transfusion...so she is probably angry and bitter...and takes it out on the kids.

1 Like

Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by Liveair: 2:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
blessedmeme:
Oh God of mercy please bring good helpers to these children and make them useful to you and to the world.
Dear Lord please give me good health in the land of the living and provide for me to take good care of the children you gave to me, I don't want them to have a second mother or a wicked second parents that maltreat them this way or to death' grant me this o Lord in Jesus name. (Amen)
Which God?
Same one who allowed the death of their parents, bequeathing these kids to an 'animal' for a granny?
Am sure their dead parents made such prayers too.
Better wake up. Only Humanity improves the world.
Re: 'Grandma Said We Gave Her HIV' - Woman Flogs 3 Orphans With Machete In Calabar by agarawu23(m): 2:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
Africa dumb mentality angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Duped Prostitute Punched For Confronting Client’s Friend / 2 Nigerians Get Life Imprisonment In Qatar / Shocking Pictures Of Slavery You Have Never Seen! (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.