Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (48948 Views)

Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? / Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Graduating With Second Class Lower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by aspirebig: 8:26am On Feb 21, 2018
Grace na im sure pass... gbagbe grade...many first class never see good job

2.1 that many cannot even defend....

Many people pay lecturers in cash and kind to get those good grades.....

Labour market is different from school..

Making first class in the uni does not guarantee that you will be more successful than your colleagues with 2.2

Life is full of irony.....

8 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by zinaunreal(m): 8:26am On Feb 21, 2018
Lol the guy dey talk like say if you make 2.1 or even first class job is guaranteed. Education in this country is expired, useless, a disgrace and rotten. Nobody's fault but the stupid old men running this country

8 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by akeentech(m): 8:27am On Feb 21, 2018
I GRADUATED WITH 2.1, NO JOB AFTER SERVICE I THEN FOCUS ON MY BLOG WITH SOME ONLINE BUSINESSES, NOW I'M EARNING MORE THAN FIRST CLASS GRADUATES.

7 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 21, 2018
That epistle @op you put up there is totally irrelevant now. Those are for people like us who graduated in the 90s and early 2000s!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by kenzysmith: 8:28am On Feb 21, 2018
when you ve devine favour even pass is an option this life is not hw good u re buh whrn you have grace on ur side then anything is possible

3 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 21, 2018
Yea, that's right.
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by devigblegble: 8:28am On Feb 21, 2018
Abeg Buhari graduate with 2.2 ? But he is the president of federal republic of Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Ephaig: 8:29am On Feb 21, 2018
HigherEd:
Actually the first person to get a Job from my class after we graduated from school was the only third class graduate amongst us. The second guy who barely got a 2.2 now works in his father's company. Many of the 2.1s are still at home. I'm not trying to encourage mediocrity but the Nigerian labour market is more complex that y'all think.
The 3rd and 2nd class guys got their jobs irrespective of their qualifications. They must have been assured of jobs even before they graduated which is a common situation in this country.

But there are still many times when applicants have to go through the normal channels and compete for the job. That's when you will understand the importance of getting nothing less than a 21. Unless you have a back up already, you should do everything possible to graduate with a 21. It doesn't guarantee anything but it gives you a fighting chance.

7 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by quickly: 8:30am On Feb 21, 2018
vadeoba:

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1842653119087474&id=100000284120324

This guy no know anything

President of Nigeria no get degree and his wave na F9 parrallel.

1 Like

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by eipreel(f): 8:30am On Feb 21, 2018
If graduating with 2.2 is no more an option then graduating with third class is a taboo sad

1 Like

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Omololu2121: 8:31am On Feb 21, 2018
HigherEd:
Actually the first person to get a Job from my class after we graduated from school was the only third class graduate amongst us. The second guy who barely got a 2.2 now works in his father's company. Many of the 2.1s are still at home. I'm not trying to encourage mediocrity but the Nigerian labour market is more complex that y'all think.
you get sense pass the op grin

Wetin eyes don see for this Nigeria eh
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by aspirebig: 8:35am On Feb 21, 2018
devigblegble:
Abeg Buhari graduate with 2.2 ? But he is the president of federal republic of Nigeria

Even Trump made first class....?

But he is one of the world leaders today...

#Grace

2 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by sharpwriter(m): 8:37am On Feb 21, 2018
Futurecrown:
My friend graduated with second class lower division (2.2) and he got employed at a multinational oil&gas firm, he did professional courses worth 850k in Lagos last year before he could secured the job last year without any connection, so brother try network yourself in all ramifications and never see yourself as a second fiddle.

What sort of professional courses if I may ask... any hint?
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 21, 2018
I'm a strong advocate of good grade (first class in particular, and 2.1), but I think this is a little exaggerated.

There are still a good number of companies that accept 2.2. My company doesn't even consider grade.

It's not really a life and death issue as this post almost suggests.

That said, pls try and make a very good grade. It is helpful in job search, forget what people say that grade doesn't matter.

If however you are still unable to, despite your best efforts. It is not the end of life. I know many 2.2 and 3rd class grads doing well even in paid employment.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Danialuone: 8:40am On Feb 21, 2018
My brain and mind is my certificate ,Nigeria education teach you to be a slave .I have destroyed my certificates since i realised that the 30years i used to get it is a waste and i can not become a slave under any pretence for now.Use your head and mind well my brother,forget certificates.

3 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by marvin906(m): 8:43am On Feb 21, 2018
nor verse buh my guy in Nigeria anything is possible..
whether you graduate with first class or lower..
who God wants to favor will favor..
buh that doesn't mean we shouldn't work hard to be the bset
i said it before and i will still say it now..
my result will not determine my destiny in life smiley smiley

abeg who has an idea on OS (ordinary seaman) fees in
school of oceanography

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by dabiriy(m): 8:43am On Feb 21, 2018
Nice Topic to follows. Your grade doesn't give you edge over other some people are acedemically sound , but how Intellect are they? Remember those firm don't need u to sound acedemically alone. But ur intellect also contribute lot .

1 Like

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 21, 2018
vadeoba:

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1842653119087474&id=100000284120324

There's no competition in the Nigerian employment sector...Cuz there's simply no jobs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Nasige(m): 9:15am On Feb 21, 2018
Even people without certificate they work and they earn big which one come be this one again, so 2.2 na bad grade to graduate wit again.

2 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Talkingboy: 9:17am On Feb 21, 2018
sharpwriter:

What sort of professional courses if I may ask... any hint?

CFA ?
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Tunagee(m): 9:22am On Feb 21, 2018
kennybelle:
you are right in a way, especially those that have no connections. h/ever graduating with a 2:2 doesn't mean the person did not work hard. Some students worked hard to get a grade of 2:2, we all have our limits and limitations.

Thank u for this comment. I know many 2.2 holders that are GM's and Senior Managers in multinationals now. So make the person leave that talk abeg.
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Tunagee(m): 9:26am On Feb 21, 2018
Nasige:
Even people without certificate they work and they earn big which one come be this one again, so 2.2 na bad grade to graduate wit again.

I wonder o! These guys are very shortsighted.
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Tunagee(m): 9:27am On Feb 21, 2018
aspirebig:
Grace na im sure pass... gbagbe grade...many first class never see good job

2.1 that many cannot even defend....

Many people pay lecturers in cash and kind to get those good grades.....

Labour market is different from school..

Making first class in the uni does not guarantee that you will be more successful than your colleagues with 2.2

Life is full of irony.....

Thank u
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Tunagee(m): 9:27am On Feb 21, 2018
dabiriy:
Nice Topic to follows. Your grade doesn't give you edge over other some people are acedemically sound , but how Intellect are they? Remember those firm don't need u to sound acedemically alone. But ur intellect also contribute lot .

Remain blessed
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by VictorRomanov: 9:28am On Feb 21, 2018
greatnaija01:
with all these THERE ARE STILL NO JOBS.

being self employed is BEST.

I agree with you. At this time when people should be encouraged to be self employed because there are no much jobs, someone is more interested in grades. Will grades make jobs available. What he failed to recognize is that if there re more jobs than graduates, even a pass graduate would be employed and trained. But when there are no job, even if you graduate with 1st class, it doesn't guarantee anything.

4 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 21, 2018
OP why i appreciate your opinion because those in school should get serious and try as much as possible to graduate with a good grade , but remember life is just grace.

i am a 2 2 graduate from a little known private uni
but i got my first job just a month after passing out of NYSC. and it was my first interview but not my first invite. i served far north and couldn't attend the interviews during service year due to distance

no connections.

so dear 2 2 graduate.. just work on your skills... and make yourself employable

2 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by dheilaw1(m): 9:29am On Feb 21, 2018
khalazi:
What about third class?
na dem dey quick get work
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Tunagee(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2018
zinaunreal:
Lol the guy dey talk like say if you make 2.1 or even first class job is guaranteed. Education in this country is expired, useless, a disgrace and rotten. Nobody's fault but the stupid old men running this country

The post sef no make sense. In a country like naija where olodo girls wey get 3rd class are doing well in multinationals because they get ''good grade'' for front and back. Make the guy dey there dey talk nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by pweetiedee(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2018
3html:
I graduated with 2.9 it was so painful though at then, i threw away the certificate (in my box) then face life squarely, working as an independent web designer, freelancer, and above all a die hard blogger hahahahahaha.

I can boast of a bungalow cool that cost over 9million
Above all i make 360k monthly

Any body that tells u your certification is 100% tied to your success I beg you disagree with such a fellow

Hi... I'm a freelancer too. I want my own duplex this year. Show me the way.
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by kwessiStewie2(m): 9:31am On Feb 21, 2018
I am surprised there are some people out there who think like this in day and age. Why should you as human being created in God's image and likeness with all your abilities and capabilities limit yourself just because you want to graduate with a first class. Look around, there are numerous opportunities out there to explore and some people are still brooding over not making 'the mark' , a mark that is fast loosing its relevance in a society where innovation and creativity reigns supreme.

6 Likes

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Tunagee(m): 9:32am On Feb 21, 2018
devigblegble:

He is also the CEO of the company called Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School / “You Feeds Us In School...” Placard Carried By Katsina Pupils (Pictures) / Alexandra Shoneyin Recognised By Obama For Her Academic Excellence - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.