Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m (24185 Views)

Mary Edema Builds 2 Toilets For N36M In Delta State College Of Education / Nigerians React To Snake That Swallowed N36m In JAMB Office (Photos) / Snake Swallows N36m Cash In JAMB Office Makurdi, Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by lovejoy051: 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2018
Prof Ishaq Oloyede, Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has slammed Nigerians that have been making jokes out of the missing N36m from the board’s office in Makurdi, Benue State.

The JAMB boss was reacting to the recent claim by Philomena Chieshe, a sales clerk in JAMB office, Makurdi that her housemaid connived with another JAMB staff, Joan Asen, to “spiritually” swallow N36m from the vault in her office.

In her confessional statement while being interrogated by a team of auditors, she said that Joan Asen and her accomplices confessed that they had been stealing the money “spiritually” through a mysterious snake that always sneaked into the office to swallow the money from the vault.

Oloyede, who appeared in Focus, a morning programmed monitored by DAILY POST on AIT, said it is quite unfortunate that Nigerians have decided to turn the incident into a joke, thereby celebrating mediocrity.

According to him, “That is Nigerians for you, making jokes out of serious issue. I didn’t find it funny since the story broke out because I think as a nation with a future, rather than celebrating those achieving success, we are busy celebrating people who should be caned.

“You turned serious issue into to a national or an international joke. There are many snakes in other establishment but because those overseeing them are also snakes, that is why they could not be able to identify those snakes.

“Rather than creating an impression that JAMB is extraordinarily bad, they should give us a lesson to check where we went wrong.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/02/20/snake-jamb-registrar-blasts-nigerians-joking-missing-n36m/amp/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by coolcharm(m): 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
Is he mad?

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by d4real890(m): 5:21pm On Feb 20, 2018
What is Nigeria turning to for crying out loud imagine the man who is supposed to be investigated by Efcc is here slamming Nigerians.

well I don't blame you na your boss wey get cow na him cause am.............may anaconda fall on you and the entire cow in daura.

ole buruku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Gentle034(m): 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
See this one oooh. The joke is on you now, Abi u Don 4get how u joke for U.I? shocked

11 Likes

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by papoudaupolos: 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
That issue is the biggest Joke Oga.
So excuse us to tell our small jokes.

EFCC should see lalasticlala on this one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Oche211(m): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2018
d4real890:
What is Nigeria turning to for crying out loud imagine the man who is supposed to be investigated by Efcc is here slamming Nigerians.

well I don't blame you na your boss wey get cow na him cause am.............may anaconda fall on you and the entire cow in daura.

My friend, keep quiet if u re ignorant of real issues.
I watched the talk show this morning on AIT "focus Nigeria".
He said the incident happened abt 2-3 years ago.
That was abt a month into his tenure.
He had abolished the sales of jamb scratch card immediately he assumed office nd had asked for audits of all jamb accounts in all the states of the federation during the says of scratch cards b4 he assumed office.
He say there were even more ridiculous claims than the snake own.
He said those involved had been dismissed and dealt with.
Furthermore, before he assumed office, jamb was remitting about 10 million naira to the Federation account.
Infact, before he came, jamb remitted only about 52 million or so in 5 years.
However, under his leadership, Jamb remitted abt 7.8 BILLION naira in one (1) year.
So the video wasn't recent, it was an old probe.
He also said he was disappointed that such case of national importance could become a thing of joke nd comedy to Nigerians. He said he didn't see anything funny in that cos it's a very sensitive issues.
Bloggers won't give you the full gist.
The show was a really eye opener.
It's from him i got to knw jamb on top of the game in examination malpractice.
The show was just too awesome nd the prof was amazing.
He's got my utmost respect.

231 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Stephaustin(m): 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2018
Oche211:

He had abolished the sales of jamb scratch card immediately he assumed office nd had asked for audits of all jamb accounts in all the states of the federation during the says of scratch cards b4 he assumed office.
Furthermore, before he assumed office, jamb was remitting about 10 million naira to the Federation account.
However, under his leadership, Jamb remitted abt 7.8 BILLION naira in one (1) year.
He also said he was disappointed that such case of national importance could become a thing of joke nd comedy to Nigerians. He said he didn't see anything funny in that cos it's a very sensitive issues.

I must tell you that the Prof. is really doing a nice job. Just check the margin in the remitted amount by the previous administration and the amount remitted by him in just a year.
Not only that. There is remarkable improvement in UTME in terms of mal-practice and results.

If you've read about the strategies deployed this year, then you'll give him more than a thumb's up.
God bless the Prof.

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Dozie123: 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2018
[/color][color=#770077][color=#006600][/color] grin
coolcharm:
Is he mad?
grin
coolcharm:
Is he mad?
Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Samusu(m): 5:43am On Feb 21, 2018
This man should be given the EFCC job

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Andrewgame42: 9:36am On Feb 21, 2018
Lol I believed the snake story sha... I have seen a man disappeared right in front of my eyes in okoko... I have seen a man shot at , close range ,head shot , execution style and the bullet bounced off in Kwale..... This Africa is a scary place ,... Look at wakanda for example!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by rxmusa(m): 9:37am On Feb 21, 2018
Carry on sir

1 Like

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by AishaBuhari: 9:37am On Feb 21, 2018
This is why it's called Nigeria - Userious about everything grin

1 Like

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by FarahAideed: 9:38am On Feb 21, 2018
Do this people realise that Nigerians are tired already

2 Likes

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by okonja(m): 9:38am On Feb 21, 2018
d4real890:

Investigated for what particularly? undecided

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Ololanla: 9:38am On Feb 21, 2018
This man is right

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Lifebender(m): 9:38am On Feb 21, 2018
Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:38am On Feb 21, 2018
Oloyede? una too don dey reason like cows?
Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by eleojo23: 9:38am On Feb 21, 2018
I'm sorry but the country itself is a joke

1 Like

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by cyberguy72(m): 9:38am On Feb 21, 2018
Stephaustin:

I must tell you that the Prof. is really doing a nice job. Just check the margin in the remitted amount by the previous administration and the amount remitted by him in just a year.
Not only that. There is remarkable improvement in UTME in terms of mal-practice and results.

If you've read about the strategies deployed this year, then you'll give him more than a thumb's up.
God bless the Prof.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by smokedfish: 9:39am On Feb 21, 2018
Oga...izit ur joke?
Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Moreoffaith(m): 9:39am On Feb 21, 2018
Mumuni
Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by AdolfHitlerxXx: 9:39am On Feb 21, 2018
The guy is a tyrant, but he revolutionized University of Ilorin according to the alumni

He always makes a name for himself.....RESPECT!

24 Likes

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by kingthreat(m): 9:40am On Feb 21, 2018
True talk. We made an idiotic sales clerk woman popular by making a big deal out of her escape lies

3 Likes

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:40am On Feb 21, 2018
So we should be crying over the money that won't even reach our hands?See the people who would conduct exams for candidates making mockery of themselves.In a serious country the anti graft agency would be after all of you.I need that snake urgently money cannot be wasting on an animal's stomach.

3 Likes

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by rawtouch: 9:40am On Feb 21, 2018
this man just start..
Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by cyberguy72(m): 9:40am On Feb 21, 2018
Stephaustin:

God bless the Prof.
Oloyode has no option but to Remit the money s becos of remita.If remita no dey it wud have.been bizness as usual

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:41am On Feb 21, 2018
Oga what have you done to arrest the woman?

1 Like

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by webincomeplus(m): 9:41am On Feb 21, 2018
Oche211:

Thumbs up! Yours is the best comment I've read so far today. Most of the fo.ols making a joke out of the issue don't know anything about the details. They just heard that someone from JAMB claimed a snake swallowed money and they spread it around just like fo.ols would do.

Only few enlightened people like you know that the issue didn't just happen and that Oloyede deserves to be praised for opening the can of worms sealed up by the Professor of Stealing, Dibu Ojerinde.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by IFNOTGOD(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2018
Oche211:

WHO HAS BEEN IN POWER FOR THE 2/3 YEARS U QUOTED? 2015- 2018

2 Likes

Re: Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m by Adebola02(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2018
Prof Oloyede has been doing a great job

But it's disheartening that some people here still make a joke out of this serious issue ,even when the post is addressing the same joke issue

If you're ignorant of the Jamb snake issue just reread the post

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Pictures Relating To Secondary School In Nigeria / BREAKING NEWS: ASUU Calls Off Strike / University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.