Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC (30024 Views)

Nigerian Professor, Charles Egbu Becomes UK Varsity VC / Non-payment Of Fees: Ekiti Varsity VC Threatens To Withdraw Students’ Admission / Why 54 Out Of 427 Graduating Students Bagged First Class At Jigawa Varsity – VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Thermodynamics(m): 8:01am On Feb 21, 2018
v
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by yahmohy27: 8:01am On Feb 21, 2018
Toks06:
That's because Nigeria is a useless n shithole country..ordinary waec certificate the president no even get undecided
For God
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Parishpriest: 8:01am On Feb 21, 2018
One of my lecturers back In the days, was proud to say that, his hand out was prepared ten years ago. It's really mind boggling.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by kingzjay(m): 8:01am On Feb 21, 2018
That is an understatement indeed!

It is worst than expired. Lecturers recycle lecture notes of far back 10 to 15 years without adding or subtracting anything. Some of them have not undergone staff development at any point since after getting to the apex.

They believe what happened in the 70s is still in vogue today. We still have a very long way to go

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by nawtyme: 8:01am On Feb 21, 2018
Lol
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by yahmohy27: 8:01am On Feb 21, 2018
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by aribabz(m): 8:02am On Feb 21, 2018
KEZDON:
So True, what they teach here is just History

some teachers/lecturers still teach with notes they compiled over 10 years Ago

#whowilllovemycountry

If they teach us with d notes of 10 years ago, we won't even complain. We're talking of 30 - 40 years. The one that the lecturer that taught their lecturer used. There's no relationship between what we were taught in school to the real world whatsoever. Our educational system needs total revamping.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by CocoaOla: 8:04am On Feb 21, 2018
so true outdated educational system we are all mentally derailed in this country we can never get it right the truth is bitter

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by badman007(m): 8:04am On Feb 21, 2018
To be civilised you don’t have to be educated.. we are not civilised because we were colonised to see ourselves in a type of way.

Don’t forget Jesus is white and Satan is black
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by BiGVEEN58(m): 8:04am On Feb 21, 2018
True. Very True.
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Daslenan: 8:05am On Feb 21, 2018
I have not lose hope in our country particularly the educational system. Do not be discourage my fellow nairalanders!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by veli1(m): 8:05am On Feb 21, 2018
B4 Nko?
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 21, 2018
dabeto:
You're talking to a certificateless man who only believe nomadic and Islamic education.......Rest your case
but u with education wetin u don do....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Yankee101: 8:05am On Feb 21, 2018
Very true.

Lecturers giving lectures from notes composed in 1974.
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by AishaBuhari: 8:07am On Feb 21, 2018
And funny enough most of my course mate can't on boot a computer because we did theory all throughout

In Nigeria We don't solve problems but invent new problems - Just check out the sets of zombies ruling over us and you'll confirm what I'm saying...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by mudiana(m): 8:08am On Feb 21, 2018
I agree. I studied physics and most of it was expired education. Lollll...
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Adiwana: 8:09am On Feb 21, 2018
KEZDON:

#whowilllovemycountry

10 yrs? We used a 1996 text book in one of our engineering courses last year and its still being used till date.
Note-There has never been any editing on the text book or republishing.Same cover and content from then till now
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 21, 2018
Its true as a result of teaching students with outdated instructional materials and no adequate curriculum innovation. Always using subject-centred curriculum design which involves mostly the use of textbooks only.

Well you wouldn't blame the teachers though, Nigerian educational system is highly underfunded which is the cause of us receiving expired education, until the government look into education in Nigeria, allocated huge resources that won't be mismanaged and misused and do a thorough educational innovation, we will still be suffering from this problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Godson201333(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2018
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 21, 2018
Imagine them still teaching type writing and shorthand
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by buhariguy(m): 8:12am On Feb 21, 2018
Adamu Adamu should Learn from this guy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Zuluhead(m): 8:15am On Feb 21, 2018
A sincere true, our educational system is not only expired but an embarrassment to education itself. Nigerian schools teaches an expired theory curriculum and not even a practical curriculum.

How many zoo do we have to cater for our zoology student ?

How many laboratories and research centre do we have to cater for our science students?

How many farms for our agricultural students?

Instead of the federal government, northern governors and meyitti Allah should be sending the Fulani herdsmen or some sound Fulani overseas to learn mechanized cattle rearing and milking they still insist on rearing cattle's the same way its done thousands of years ago,thereby, rejecting all sorts of development and advancement.
Infact we are running an expired way of government. All sectors of Nigeria are running an expired system.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Shaev7(m): 8:20am On Feb 21, 2018
Before this man made this statement, I longed said it within my friends during discussion, and that's the reason you see same lecture patterns within schools..Shame! I studied Engineering, the fact that what do we know? How was the lectures impacted on us? A clear view is the HND and B.sc issues, a sane Country knows what to do. I quoted by asking questions that if Bsc are called Engineer and HND are called Technologist, what would one say about Science and Technology? What does an Engineer do and a Technologist do? We are just fooling ourselves with papers that our Nigeria system is yet to review. If you remember Secondary Physics and Chemistry practicals 25 years ago, Light Prism, Equilibrium etc and Titration, Salt analysis respectively this same practicals are yet to change. Is what they still experiment till date, what will you call that kind of education? Its really a mishap for this nation. Education is gone!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 21, 2018
His statement can't be truer than the truth however, despite the expired education we receive in the st!thole, Nigerians excel abroad when we further our education and in our various endeavors.

We are very determined when we mean to be and 90% of nigerians are survivors!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by LordNapoleon: 8:22am On Feb 21, 2018
ziccoit:
Expired, right? Yet our guys came out overall best in America University when they finally “escaped” to the land of “unExpired” education.
So are you trying to say that our educational system is good?
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Mrkumareze(m): 8:23am On Feb 21, 2018
Another hit at shithole8). Soon will be fully colonized by Fulanis by then our eyes go open
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by slimprinze1(m): 8:24am On Feb 21, 2018
Nigeria is far behind when it comes to education, something of 18 century is what they are still teaching us today. Especially those in science department.
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by hadura29(m): 8:26am On Feb 21, 2018
I don know this one since na.....
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Writs: 8:27am On Feb 21, 2018
dabeto:
You're talking to a certificateless man who only believe nomadic and Islamic education.......Rest your case

A notion.

Long as the north islamise Nigeria and be in full and total control of the oil, they will be fine and contented with their "nomadic and Islamic education".

I have a notion that cattle colony, herdsmen, southern invasions, etc are mere distractive ends to a means.

Suspected goal:
Total ownership of Niger/Delta oil.
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Obinkita(m): 8:29am On Feb 21, 2018
The curriculum of education in Nigeria needs to be totally born again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Robisky001(m): 8:30am On Feb 21, 2018
I couldn't agree more.... This is part of selling the school to the public.... Campaign strategy.
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Naturalobserver(m): 8:33am On Feb 21, 2018
KEZDON:

#whowilllovemycountry
hmmmm.i will some are still using notes compiled 20 yrs ago while most are using notes compiled 10 years ago

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Fake Universities In Nigeria / ASUU Strike: Committee Of Vice-Chancellors Sends Message To FG, Lecturers / How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.