Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC (30025 Views)

Nigerian Professor, Charles Egbu Becomes UK Varsity VC / Non-payment Of Fees: Ekiti Varsity VC Threatens To Withdraw Students’ Admission / Why 54 Out Of 427 Graduating Students Bagged First Class At Jigawa Varsity – VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by BabaEleko(m): 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
I remember all the rubbish ridiculous exam questions like, "Draw the skeleton of a donkey and label it" Wtf! Donkey! How has the carcass of a freaking mammal my life today?

Nigerian education system didn't teach us how much we should value our African culture. They told us all our scientists and great men are all white people. They never told us the Oldest university in the world is in Morroco, right here in our Northern Africa, which means Africa is the fountain of knowledge and education. The once we see as "heroes" today were once our students.

We had science and technology before everyone else did. So when they invaded and saw our Pyramids, our rich arts and development, they came up with a ridiculous claim that aliens built the Pyramids and not humans. How ridiculous that sound. lol

So i agree that our Nigerian Education system is not only totally expired but it was not set up in our own interest. We are still using the same school system and curriculum given to us by our slave masters. How can we expect our slave masters to just hand over knowledge (power) to us just like that?
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2018
I dont subscribe to this oh.....the same american system that our third class students become alpha phi beta students.....!!
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by greatcrown: 1:30pm On Feb 21, 2018
The truth is APC does not have solution to the sorry state of education in Nigeria.

All APC states is struggling with maintaining public school.

If Lagos can't fix it, then don't expect any magic from any APC states who are using Lagos state model in all they do.
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by cchiagom(f): 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
KEZDON:
So True, what they teach here is just History

some teachers/lecturers still teach with notes they compiled over 10 years Ago

#whowilllovemycountry

More than ten years ago, God will help us
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by CYBERWEAVER(m): 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
wamiikechukwu:

No b only you.....

Our practice ends on the green board.
as i was always afraid of C.O i studied de course to pass ...........
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by win2kwire: 3:13pm On Feb 21, 2018
That is not the complete picture, majority of Nigerians have expired MENTALITY!

The way Nigerians think reflects their attitude to science, technology, social, economic and global issues!

Majority of Educated Nigerians who studied abroad are still corrupt, prone to crime, follow outdated religions and local beliefs, and are primitive by design!

The things a Chinese kid who attended a US university (for example) can do...cannot be done by Nigerians who attend the same university and course, it is simply a mentality issue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by SaroWiwa: 3:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
This is so very correct. Most courses we study in our university are outdated and obsolete. The lecturers and the school system is so backward. I had a lecturer back in school those days, he comes to lecture hall with his notes from his own school days. Since I came out from school I have never come across those things he was teaching in our modern days. The worst affected course is computer science. This course or discipline is butchered here in Nigeria. How many comes from that department as a good programmer or so. And it is like that in other departments. We have a long way to go.
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by ANOWEDGREAT: 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2018
toriweymeksense:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/nigerians-are-receiving-expired-education-says-u-s-varsity-vc/amp

Why won't we receive expired education when Nigerians chooses to vote for someone without basic education to lead them in their so called change?
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by ANOWEDGREAT: 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2018
profjustine458:
Buhari why?

Nigerians can be very funny chaii.
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by jara: 4:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
I cannot believe what I am reading here. A half illiterate with zero understanding or information of the role of education in science and arts was invited here to tell you white, he said it, white education is modern. Inplicitly, black education has expired.

Most of you here buy the crap. I do not know who told you that there are no lazy professors in America teaching with old notes until they are booted out. You guys do not know the difference between lazy and hard work?

Has Chinese, Russia or even North Korea education expired. They are at par with American nuclear force, the main power behind their economic and trade negotiations used to dominate the world.

When your teachers are running around, hustling for food and their children hustling for ipads and other foreign toys instead of inventing their own, you blame expired education.

How much education do you need to invent, plagarize inventions and invade world market with plastic?

Nigerians, the giant of Africa, your mumu too much. Go after your oppressors instead of running into walls.

Think more and cram less of what others like this ignoramus from some irreputable university imploy you. As usual asking for follow-follow. You can never catch up.

Most inventors quit universities to consentrate. Africa has the biggest field in the BUSH for research and inventions.

BTW, when hunger catch Biafra, na who teach dem to invent? Na where all the invention dey today.

Oh, before I forget, where una FIRST IN AFRICA dey after Awo?
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by whitebeard(m): 4:16pm On Feb 21, 2018
BabangidaHamza:
Bastard people, and at last they will give you unnecessary Carryover and Spill over.. They will all go to hell.. Yan Durin uwa
they gave me carryover for work that I did..! They ruined my GP cause of their mistake..!
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by franklyncj: 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
technical knockout....come and see how most of them are claiming professors down here with expired curriculum... God please save Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by Me4Gees: 5:44pm On Feb 21, 2018
Blood of Zachariah, see finishing...
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by badman007(m): 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2018
[quote author=chysam post=65246262]

Please share it briefly,am interested.[/

Twas this course I did in my first year in Uniben, GST 122 Nigerian People and Culture.

A quick online search would explain better.
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by ebuclassic18(m): 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2018
even expired professors

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by ofwest: 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
That is why I always describe our University institutions as glorified
secondary schools as. the Nigerian University education is not geared towards a particular goal
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by James4424: 12:33am On Feb 22, 2018
My lecture right now is using a note he prepared in 1988 teach. The same note he used to lecture yaro (former governor of Kaduna state) . and we are expected to use his format in exam. Text books all are even showing different answers and methods.

Whatever the case maybe, we won't remain like this forever. Either we distory completely or some major reform is within our reach. Period!
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by James4424: 12:40am On Feb 22, 2018
whitebeard:
they gave me carryover for work that I did..! They ruined my GP cause of their mistake..!

They moderate all the results in my department and leave some that has connections
You won't understand until the day you are expecting an A but you see a D in 3 different courses. All for their expired education.
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by amamkingchimex: 2:15am On Feb 22, 2018
I have given up hope in this country
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by whitebeard(m): 7:35am On Feb 22, 2018
James4424:

They moderate all the results in my department and leave some that has connections
You won't understand until the day you are expecting an A but you see a D in 3 different courses. All for their expired education.
the time tire me, later parents will be looking at u as if u don't know book, try to explain, they won't even allow u.
Re: Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC by jara: 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2018
Look I hear your frustrations. There has to be some inbuilt guidance to weed out unproductive professors with or without tenure.

The easiest way to tell is if the professor is publishing his research. Some good teachers have been let go because they are not publishing.

I still remember one in my days. He was one of the best teachers but he was not publishing enough. We tried to protest out of ignorance.

My earlier post and point still stand though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Fake Universities In Nigeria / ASUU Strike: Committee Of Vice-Chancellors Sends Message To FG, Lecturers / How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.