Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress (12488 Views)

Fresh Honda Accord 2.4 EX-L 2008 car is located in Abuja !!! / 2007 LEXUS Rx350 full option For Sale In Ajah car is Just Too Clean Call DHERMY / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 9:01am On Feb 21, 2018
Recall I visited sekkins office to buy my auto paint and other materials needed for my car body or painting work. Today I am going to show us the progress so far. Enjoy the before pix. It has been taped and ready for oven bake. I will upload the final pic here when we are through. So far I spent 55k on materials, the painter charged me 40k. Total 95k. The last picture is the booth we are gonna use for the baking

3 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by J0hnTrevolt(m): 9:08am On Feb 21, 2018
OK. Following
But u spent way too much on this taxi

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 9:21am On Feb 21, 2018
J0hnTrevolt:
OK. Following
But u spent way too much on this taxi

To be honest this car has served me so well and that's the first time of it bring painted. If I 've all the money I won't mind sending it abroad for factory painting. On a more serious note I don't fancy anything substandard. I am even with the painter at the oven to ensure it was actually baked.

11 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by J0hnTrevolt(m): 9:25am On Feb 21, 2018
Kudos then.
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 10:10am On Feb 21, 2018
More Picture of the car before body work

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2018
This one just came out of the oven. Very clean my camera didn't do justice to it

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by obi58: 10:25am On Feb 21, 2018
Hmmm the oven seems to have done more than bake the car o.

This product is no longer a camry

9 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 10:30am On Feb 21, 2018
obi58:
Hmmm the oven seems to have done more than bake the car o.

This product is no longer a camry

The last picture is not my car. We are taking our turn here. Is not yet my turn. I am only showing you someone's own that just came out from oven now
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 10:35am On Feb 21, 2018
We are done with taping.

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by obi58: 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2018
TBH spending 100k on oven baking for a car that if you are to sell won't be bought for more than 600k is rather expensive. Good autobase would have sufficed.

However, it's good to see someone who is not willing to compromise on standards, so all the best op

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by dadebayo1(m): 12:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
Following....
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by HoodBillionaire: 12:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
whats diff btwn auto base and oven baking
and can u also highlight prices.
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 12:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
In the oven now being painted awaiting baking. My car is xle of this model. When I bought it, the amount could buy a jeep by then. When I love something I don't care how much I can invest in it. Sometimes I travel a distance to eat good food. Remember there are many cooking around me but I have great taste.

10 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by sdpumping: 1:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
Where is the oven booth located?
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 1:15pm On Feb 21, 2018
Aja0 estate. It was my nebor who deals on accidental cars that recommended the painter who took me to this place. They 've two spray booths
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
For those asking for the difference btw auto base and oven baked. Auto base is just the paint you are gonna use. Whether oven baked or ordinary painting. In oven base you will appreciate the tight nature of the system, it doesn't allow for any form of foriegn bodies i.e. dust and stone like stuffs. The heat that comes from the oven makes your car look wonderful and long lasting in terms of paint duration. Aside all this it has cooling system that keeps the car paint in perfect state. I am not a professional but I believe someone with more knowledge can help

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 1:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
In terms of price I have spent 95k so far. Sekkins paint plus all sekkins material required cost 55k. My painter charged 40k. Total 95k. Well for proper estimate I will confirm from the painter depending on the type of car you wanna paint.
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by AnodaIT(m): 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2018
Let's see the final body

I would rather travel with a tested and trusted machine than some fancy modern car

6 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by dreamwords: 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2018
Are u the Baker or the bakee grin

Hope this is not some kind of commercial

5 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2018
I have been a member of nairaland for more than 7 years. I don't come here to give fake or misleading info. Painting has completed baking in progress. Wait until you have seen the car before you can think otherwise. Attached is another picture of their second oven. Also attached is their prices. But like I stated earlier I bought my material and I advice people buy their material at sekkins to be sure of the quality. Otherwise they may charge you big money and use substandard paint. In a short time now you all will see the result

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by obinoral1179(m): 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
After all this stress and Money spent, one danfo driver will scratch this car again and will be saying nonsense....

10 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by max20ebi: 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
Where is the final product? I would like to see the car after the baking.

Where is the oven located?

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by MilesLamar(m): 3:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
Pls mention me when the car is ready. . nice one op
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2018
max20ebi:
Where is the final product? I would like to see the car after the baking.

Where is the oven located?

Baking has been completed he is now removing the taped materials. Very soon he will fix the pointer and trafigator lights. As soon as he is done I will send it. Oven is st Ajao estate
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by royallord1(m): 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
greggng:
In the oven now being painted awaiting baking. My car is xle of this model. When I bought it, the amount could buy a jeep by then. When I love something I don't care how much I can invest in it. Sometimes I travel a distance to eat good food. Remember there are many cooking around me but I have great taste.

Hmmmmm... I can only but imagine ur taste of women... If u go this length for cars and food( man's best mix) Although I am rest assured she/they would be priceless beauty.... cool

3 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by dapotemi: 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
How much is sikken paint and how many tin do you need to paint your car.
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 5:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
I need him to fix all the light.also he promise to polish the tires and allowed wheel. I believe it will be more finer than this. Sikkens paint is 8900naira . I used one and half paint.thats 15k total

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
dapotemi:
How much is sikken paint and how many tin do you need to paint your car.

9800 per litre and I bought one and half total 15k
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
Total of paint and material and other expenses amounted to 55k. Meanwhile receipt of material bought excluding other expenses i.e. transportation and feeding is attached

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
MilesLamar:
Pls mention me when the car is ready. . nice one op

Find attachment the after picture of the car and receipt of material bought

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by obi58: 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2018
If paint cost just 15k what else accounted for the 40k to make 55k for the materials apart from the workmanship of 40k?

Please clarify

3 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by obi58: 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2018
You also need to work on your headlamps.... Very dull

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

»»» Sold!! Neat Hyundai IX35 012 @ N1.75M Negotiable ««« / »»» Sold!! 08 Upgraded To 013 Range Rover Sports @ N3.9M Negotiable ««« / Toks 2008 - 2016 Toyota Highlander.....2011 Infinity EX35 (4d chairmen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.