Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football (10770 Views)

Nigerian Football Players And Their Wives/Girlfriends (Photos) / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team / Why We Booed Dele Alli - Nigerian Football Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by PcNnews(m): 11:33am On Feb 21, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6728572_photo1_jpeg_jpeg153d351389351cb150b6f51ddf0d6f2f

Frontline energy conglomerate, Aiteo Group in partnership with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) recognised the greatest talents and legends of Nigerian football at a gala held on 19, February 2018 in Lagos.

A first of its kind, the event brought together the biggest names in Nigerian football as 15 awards were handed to deserving current and ex-players as well as officials who have popularised football in Nigeria.

The event was attended by key leaders from the global and continental football community. Among them were FIFA President, Gianni Infantino, CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad as well as the entire leadership of the NFF.

Present at the event were key political figures including Lagos state governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, and his Delta state counterpart, Ifeanyi Okowa. Also present were the majority leader of the House of Representatives, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila as well as two former governors of Delta state, Emmanuel Uduaghan and James Ibori.

Speaking at the event, the Deputy Managing Director of Aiteo Group, Francis Peters, said “Aiteo is an organisation that is committed to the vision of every African, particularly the youth.Our business principle is framed around encouraging and empowering the teeming youth population in Nigeria and Africa to realise its potentials whether in sport or any other chosen endeavour. This is the reason Aiteo, Africa’s leading energy solutions company, is investing in the game.”   

Also speaking at the event, FIFA President Gianni Infantino, said, “I was told that in Nigeria football is passion, but it is a lie because it is more than that. In Nigeria I was told that football is love, but it is a lie it is more than that. In Nigeria, football is life.”

This collaboration between Aiteo and NFF is the latest in a series of partnerships that have delivered superior quality of football in Nigeria. So far, Aiteo has paid the sum of $600,000 and N320 million to cover its contractual obligation of providing support to the technical crew of the Super Eagles for the whole of 2018, well beyond the World Cup.

Aiteo has also made enormous contribution to supporting local football by sponsoring the Federation cup.

The high point of the event was the unveiling of the winners. The award for Player of the Year, male category, went to Victor Moses while Asisat Oshoala was named Player of the Year, in the female category.

The NFF Legends 11, a team of ex-footballers who have made an indelible mark on football in Nigeria, was also unveiled. Ann Chiejine, Austin Eguavoen, Okechukwu Uche, Christian Chukwu, Segun Odegbami, Nwakwo Kanu, Felix Owolabi, Thompson Usiyen, Mercy Akide, Adokiye Amesiamaka, and Austin Okocha made the list.

There were performances from first grade Nigerian and Ghanaian artists including Patoranking, Tiwa savage, Reekado Banks, Kiss Daniel, Mis Vee, Simi, Falz, and Dare Arts Alade.

NEWS BY JULIABLAISE: http://juliablaise.com/alteo-pays-540-million-to-fulfill-commitment-to-nigerian-football/

1 Like

Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by chukkass: 1:06pm On Feb 21, 2018
FTC
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Peterpanny: 1:07pm On Feb 21, 2018
chukkass watin i do you.why rob me of my ftc.
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by BabyApple(m): 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
Wey my share
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Authoreety: 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
boss56:
N540 million grin shocked Approx $1.5 million

American dollar and naira are not mates...

Infact they cant be mates,

The dusting, i.e the gap dey too much abeg...

1 Like

Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Hadeya(m): 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by boss56: 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2018
N540 million grin shocked Approx $1.5 million
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Birikiti: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
Amaju is working!

He started on a very shaky note, the debacles with Stephen Keshi and Sunday Oliseh, his run in with the Minister of Sports and the factional NFF leader Chris Giwa, Super Eagles inability to qualify for 2 consecutives Nations Cup competitions, inability of age-grade teams to qualify for all competitions in 2017, Lack of funds/sponsorship deals,.. The list goes on and on.

The man and his team weathered the storm and today Nigerian football is in an enviable position.

Hopefully, more tremendous results will follow the Super Eagles, Falcons and League clubs this year and eventually lead to creating a viable Nigerian football brand.

When this happens the whole Nation, all sectors of the economy, will have a positive rub off internationally

I said it before and reiterate it again, there's no PR branding tool bigger than Sports in general and football in particular in our world today. I stand to be corrected!

7 Likes

Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
jus a little over 1million dollars? I make more Dan DAT in a week
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by wagazala: 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
With the kind of money in Football, Nigeria just had to tap in.

No wonder Mr Oga came to collect per diem . grin
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Segadem(m): 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hmmmm, I just need ten percent of this to start my dream business.

... so help me GOD
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Lec25(m): 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
[color=#770077][/color]great development to the football industry.
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Lec25(m): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
[/color][color=#770077]great development to the football industry.
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by lakesider(m): 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
Humanbeing1st:
that s why you are littering nairaland like refuse

1 Like

Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by LAFO: 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
lakesider:
that s why you are littering nairaland like refuse

Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2018
Humanbeing1st:
see dem .. Na your type dey use butt pad

1 Like

Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by bencarson007(m): 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2018
We will get there... Football is big business sha Kudos Aiteo Kudos NFF Kudos Amaju
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
grin

Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Glowstone(m): 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
Humanbeing1st:
who you don epp with ur own money
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by IkeBuya: 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
This AITEO company, more energy to their products

1 Like

Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by samsard(m): 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
Humanbeing1st:
Shey you make it in Zimbabwean dollars grin
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Naughtytboy: 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
Humanbeing1st:
Are u for real, i have a business idea
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
samsard:
Shey you make it in Zimbabwean dollars grin
No its in Tahiti pounds ode!!!

Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 21, 2018
Naughtytboy:
Are u for real, i have a business idea
I love doing bussines, give me suggestions
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by samsard(m): 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
Humanbeing1st:
No its in Tahiti pounds ode!!!
Symptom: Delusions of grandeur..
It's treatable tho, just see a psychiatrist.
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Naughtytboy: 2:41pm On Feb 21, 2018
Humanbeing1st:
I love doing bussines, give me suggestions
Do you know about mobile money business, providing services for rural areas,, villages where there are no banks or ATM
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
samsard:
Symptom: Delusions of grandeur.. It's treatable tho, just see a psychiatrist.

Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
Naughtytboy:
Do you know about mobile money business, providing services for rural areas,, villages where there are no banks or ATM
wow! dats a cul business , I have heard about it b4
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Naughtytboy: 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
Humanbeing1st:
wow! dats a cul business , I have heard about it b4
It a cool business,. And u can make 1.5m with 1m within a year, once the money is always available. I was once an agent working for someone. If u instrested we can talk better
Re: Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2018
Naughtytboy:
It a cool business,. And u can make 1.5m with 1m within a year, once the money is always available. I was once an agent working for someone. If u instrested we can talk better
a whole year? I don't. do such a fuckery bussiness

(1) (2) (Reply)

No AFCON Target For Eguavoen - NFF / Nigeria Wins Bronze In Men's Discus Throw / TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.