Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back (10769 Views)

TP Mazembe Of DR Congo Sign Nigerian Goalkeeper Suleman Shaibu / Raja Casablanca Vs Enyimba: CAF Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 23rd October 2018 / Enyimba FC Vs Raja Casablanca:CAF Confederations Cup (0 - 1) On 3rd October 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by hassan4: 5:58am On Nov 26, 2017
Africa's version of the Europa League or Cup came to an end yesterday after SuperSports United was held to a barren draw at home.

TP Mazembe of the Democratic Republic of Congo defended superbly to force a 0-0 draw at SuperSport United of South Africa Saturday and retain the CAF Confederation Cup.

The Congolese club restricted the home team to just one shot on target in the second leg of the final in Pretoria, which saw each team have a player sent off late on, and won the secondary African club competition 2-1 on aggregate.

Mazembe became only the second club after 2006 winners Etoile Sahel of Tunisia to lift the trophy without losing a match.

The ‘Ravens’ won eight games and drew six after entering the Confederation Cup at the play-off stage having being demoted from the CAF Champions League.

Apart from two Confederation Cup titles, Mazembe have won the Champions League five times, the Super Cup three times and the now defunct African Cup Winners Cup once.

Those 11 trophies make them the second most successful club in CAF competitions after Al Ahly of Egypt, who have won 19 titles.

cc: cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Source: http://castgist.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25190

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by BruncleZuma: 6:04am On Nov 26, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Congratulations to them.

The guy below me take a chill pill...

...and dab for Jesus

19 Likes

Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Arian11(m): 6:04am On Nov 26, 2017
damn....

guy above me why are you the way that you're sad sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Bonapart(m): 6:05am On Nov 26, 2017
Our team are no longer doing average at all in this competition
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by drasob: 6:05am On Nov 26, 2017
Our Nigerian local league needs to wake up. I can't remember the last time we won the CAF Confederation Cup cry

Our league is riddled with corruption, poor facilities, officials intimidation, unruly supporters, poor government funding, match fixing and I must win at home mentality. The list is endless.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by YOUNGELDER1(m): 6:06am On Nov 26, 2017
Congratulations
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by bentlywills(m): 6:07am On Nov 26, 2017
Congrats to them
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by NigerDeltan(m): 6:07am On Nov 26, 2017
Better team

Caf shld better make it a one day final on a neutral turf

4 Likes

Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:08am On Nov 26, 2017
Arsenal to win Europa too

3 Likes

Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by IsaacBuchi(m): 6:11am On Nov 26, 2017
This is what happens when the mods can't sleep
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by negz1(m): 6:12am On Nov 26, 2017
kudos to dem...
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by abdulaz: 6:14am On Nov 26, 2017
The gods are wise.
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by krushdripper(m): 6:15am On Nov 26, 2017
TP Mazembe have proven to be the best football club in Africa so far, I'm highly proud of them!

5 Likes

Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Victornezzar: 6:15am On Nov 26, 2017
Tajbol4splend:
Dortmund and some interesting clubs dey come join una cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by hebraheem20(m): 6:17am On Nov 26, 2017
A police officer stopped a Pastor for speeding.
The Pastor seeing trouble, yelled back: “I am a
Pastor going to Church not a thief.”
The officer replied, “Please, leave that Pastor thing
out. Anyway, if you are indeed a Pastor, then you
must have a Bible in your car. Bring it.” The Pastor speedily brought out his Bible to prove
his honesty and to be freed.
“Please read Matthew 5:25-26 to me.” Said the
police man.
Incredulously, The Pastor opened the
recommended text and it reads: *“Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is
taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him
on the way, or he may hand you over to a judge,
and the judge may hand you over to the officer,
and you may be thrown into prison. I tell you the
truth; you will not get out until you have paid the last penny”*
The perplexed man of God upon interpretation
*“QUIETLY”* made an *“offering”* of a "few
dollars" to his newly found *“Preacher. ”*
The Officer collected his bribe and said to the Pastor,
*“End of the matter. Go quickly in peace and never argue that policemen collect bribes. We only settle
matters quickly and peacefully with all offenders
instead of taking them to court to be thrown into
prison. It's Biblically part of our job."*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by darkenkach(m): 6:27am On Nov 26, 2017
Arian11:
damn....

guy above me why are you the way that you're sad sad sad sad

I guses you are a glo subscriber grin
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by AFONJACOW(m): 6:29am On Nov 26, 2017
drasob:
Our Nigerian local league needs to wake up. I can't remember the last time we won the CAF Confederation Cup cry

Our league is riddled with corruption, poor facilities, officials intimidation, unruly supporters, poor government funding, match fixing and I must win at home mentality. The list is endless.
have they ever won it before Only Biafran team bring it back to Zoo twice

3 Likes

Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 26, 2017
I last heard of this club, 19 years ago
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by chiiraq802(m): 6:33am On Nov 26, 2017
Tajbol4splend:
if arsenal win dat cup,,,i go trek frm PH city to Emirate stadium.... grin

1 Like

Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by hassan4: 6:35am On Nov 26, 2017
Not only Arsenal but Ass-Anal
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by censeakay(m): 6:38am On Nov 26, 2017
Supersport United are players are just worst
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by VIPERVENOM(m): 6:39am On Nov 26, 2017
AFONJACOW:
no Nigerian team has won caf confederations cup before.
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Myde4naija(m): 6:53am On Nov 26, 2017
drasob:

you are wrong
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Chiboyz40(m): 6:53am On Nov 26, 2017
chiiraq802:
if arsenal win dat cup,,,i go trek frm PH city to Emirate stadium.... grin
Lool, u go do am oooo, I'm a witness
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Alexk2(m): 6:54am On Nov 26, 2017
Oh my nigeria league....it is time to face the world pls. You can do it!
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Myde4naija(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2017
AFONJACOW:
you don't even know the difference between champions league and caf confederations cup.

You know nothing yet you want to talk about everything.
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2017
Victornezzar:

Dortmund and some interesting clubs dey come join una cheesy cheesy
which Dortmund d one with 2 point?
Wake up bro, Dortmund can not join with 2 point.
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2017
drasob:

i'm telling you bro, that country isso backward in everything. Only God knows where we got it all wrong. E yaff tire me. Nothing good to be proud of in Naija. Nothing to boast about, except our population.
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by overhypedsteve(m): 7:01am On Nov 26, 2017
Wow those boys are footballers.
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 26, 2017
Maybe Ifeanyi Ubah can learn a thing or two from Moise Katumbi,TP Mazembe's supremo since they are friends. Just saying.
Re: TP Mazembe Wins CAF Confederations Cup Back To Back by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 26, 2017
drasob:
Our Nigerian local league needs to wake up. I can't remember the last time we won the CAF Confederation Cup :'(

I said this on day the last NPFL season ended and I was roundly rebuked by two guys who know NOTHING! The way things are right now,we need stability in the NPFL. Stability in the sense that we need just two or three solid teams that can be our standard bearers in the league with the necessary environment for them to thrive. Look at all the teams bossing the two CAF competitions and you will notice one thing: they are usually the top teams in their various leagues and they have maintained that dominance over the years and as such have amassed requisite experience.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

No AFCON Target For Eguavoen - NFF / Nigeria Wins Bronze In Men's Discus Throw / Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.