Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now (2234 Views)

Microsoft Edge Browser Passes 1 Million Downloads On Google Play Store In 1 Week / Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. / Opera Mini Browser For Ios Gets Complete Makeover Ahead Of Iphone 8 Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by appswift: 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
Google has found a security flaw in Microsoft Edge Browser, a flaw which no patch has been released for yet. The security flaw which was discovered November last year by Google's Project Zero Team is yet to be fixed by Microsoft after they had been notified and given a 90 days deadline to fix the problem and later given 14 days extension because the problem was to complex to fix. The security issue has now been made public.

The flaw which is actually a pathway through which hackers can actually bypass Microsoft existing security measures/protocols and introduce some malicious codes into the victim's computer systems.

So it advisable for the user to stay away from both Microsoft edge browser and the internet explorer so as to avoid stories that touch the heart.

Source
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by Collinz2(m): 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
Who dey edge browser when firefox and chrom dey.
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by khalhokage(m): 3:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
Collinz2:
Who dey edge browser when firefox and chrom dey.

It's better than both in resource management and better than Firefox in speed.

1 Like

Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by Collinz2(m): 3:56pm On Feb 21, 2018
khalhokage:

It's better than both in resource management and better than Firefox in speed.
then i guess you are using the ancient firefox.
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by khalhokage(m): 4:16pm On Feb 21, 2018
Collinz2:
then i guess you are using the ancient firefox.

Lol, are you talking about Firefox quantum? FYI, it's still slow, faster than older Firefox versions but still slower than Edge and Chrome.
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by Collinz2(m): 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
khalhokage:

Lol, are you talking about Firefox quantum? FYI, it's still slow, faster than older Firefox versions but still slower than Edge and Chrome.
Edge sucks.

1 Like

Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by khalhokage(m): 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
Collinz2:
Edge sucks.
I hear, bye bye.
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by Luizkid(m): 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2018
I only noticed each tym my Computer hangs, Edge is running. But of a truth its fast and usable.

1 Like

Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by Cozbymaster97(m): 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2018
Edge is the best
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
Alphabet will stop at nothing to destroy any competing product in the Big Data industry, so I guess Microsoft Edge has to be considered unsafe so we can all depend on chrome, their own browser that submits every of our data to their farms.

The tone of the language is completely unprofessional way of delivering message about issues concerning your competitors in a global market place.

It's all good, the planet needs total control and monitoring.
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by MrRichmond: 11:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
Billyonaire:
Alphabet will stop at nothing to destroy any competing product in the Big Data industry, so I guess Microsoft Edge has to be considered unsafe so we can all depend on chrome, their own browser that submits every of our data to their farms.

The tone of the language is completely unprofessional way of delivering message about issues concerning your competitors in a global market place.

It's all good, the planet needs total control and monitoring.

Very insightful!
in fact I will go and download Edge now.
They must be mad!
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by femi4: 5:31am On Feb 22, 2018
Edge/IE browser belong to the bin. Can't remember the last time I use that Microsoft product

1 Like

Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by petergriffin: 11:30am On Feb 22, 2018
i dont use Edge infact i never used it prefer chrome firefox then safari
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by AnodaIT(m): 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2018
femi4:
Edge/IE browser belong to the bin. Can't remember the last time I use Microsoft product
Possibly your first touch with computing technology was calculator and phone
If you have never used Office, you are not computer literate, you are just a phone freak

1 Like

Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by femi4: 5:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
AnodaIT:

Possibly your first touch with computing technology was calculator and phone
If you have never used Office, you are not computer literate, you are just a phone freak
See this mumu, I m sure you didn't meet Win95. Indomie generation
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by AnodaIT(m): 5:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
femi4:
See this mumu, I m sure you didn't meet Win95. Indomie generation
Na you follow write Win DOS. Lord Lugard PA

1 Like

Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by Jaculze(m): 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
That's bad. So which operating system should we go with now?
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by splash809: 12:05am On Feb 23, 2018
Jaculze:

We have Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Epic and others.
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by GrandMufti: 9:10am On Feb 23, 2018
Jaculze:

Did you even bother to read the article?

splash809:

We have Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Epic and others.

Read! Read!! Read!!!

1 Like

Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by appswift: 9:53am On Feb 23, 2018
Jaculze:
Is browser not OS.
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by splash809: 1:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
GrandMufti:

Did you even bother to read the article?

Read! Read!! Read!!!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Warning: You Are Hereby Advised To Stay Away From Microsoft Edge Browser For Now by nani667: 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
I like the Browser ✅

(1) (Reply)

Stop Using MTN! / Tecno Camon 15 Launch In Nigeria; Full Specs And Re / Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.