Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' (29021 Views)

Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? / Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? / Man Deceives Barren Wife, Impregnates Divorcee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Realsman405(m): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2018
A 47-year-old businessman, Rufus Otegbola, on Wednesday told an Igando Customary Court, Lagos, that his wife, Funmilayo, is a serial divorcee.

Rufus, who urged the court to dissolve his 13-year-old marriage to Funmilayo for alleged adulterous acts, told the court that he was the fifth husband of the respondent.

“My wife is adulterous and a serial divorcee, she had married and divorced four husbands before I married her.

“Funmilayo is diabolical and fetish, she always comes home with charms and my fear is that she may kill me one day if I do not end the marriage.”

Rufus said that his wife packed out of their matrimonial home without his consent.

“My parent-in-law and my wife’s siblings came to my house to pack my wife’s property without my permission.”

He urged the court to end the marriage as he was no longer in love with her.

In her response, Funmilayo, 42, and a businesswoman, said that her husband was an unrepentant polygamist.

“My husband deceived me. He did not tell me that he had three wives before marrying me.

“He impregnated me and hurried me into his house without legal marriage.

“I discovered that he already had three wives living with him and there was nothing I could do since I was pregnant, I had to stay.”

Funmilayo said that Rufus had also turned her into a punching bag.

“My husband beats me all time and even when I was pregnant, he beats hell out of me; I fell into labour immediately, forcing the delivery of the baby.

“As a result of the frequent beating, on May 9, 2016, I packed my belongings from his house and moved to my parent’s house.”

Funmilayo further described Rufus as an ungrateful person.

“When he lost his job, I was the one feeding him with his wives and their children and I was also paying the school fees of our children and my step children.”

The mother of four, however, consented to the dissolution of the marriage, saying “I am also fed up with the union”.

In his judgment, the President of the court, Mr Akin Akinniyi, noted that the estranged couple were tired of the marriage as all efforts to reconcile them had failed.

“Since both parties consented to the dissolution of their marriage, this court has no choice than to dissolve the marriage.

“The court pronounced the marriage between Mr Rufus Otegbola and Mrs Funmilayo Otegbola dissolved today, both parties henceforth ceased to be husband and wife.

“Both are free to go their separate way without any hindrances and molestation,” Akinniyi ruled.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/-my-wife-is-serial-divorcee-i-m-her-5th-husband.html

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by johnnyn1(m): 3:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
undecided

Divorce her too.. undecided
What are you waiting for

11 Likes

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by heendrix(m): 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2018
good for you man.....serial acceptee

20 Likes

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by donstan18: 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2018
cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by stefanweeks: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
cheesy
Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Josh44s(m): 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
heendrix:
good for you man.....serial acceptee

25 Likes

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by moscobabs(m): 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
Some men dont just have brain, i cant imagine myself staying with a woman like that

Igando again?

Is Igando, Ikotun, Ijegun and Ejigbo cursed? why is it that bad news relating to relationship always happen in that area of lagos?

17 Likes

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
angry........ She forced you to marry her ni ?

10 Likes

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by holatin(m): 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
who do I report this to

my phone fell down while at the front of the sea at elegushi before I can say jack the sea erupt toward my side and drag it away.
I was mouth agape with tears in my eyes.
Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by alhamdulai: 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
Meet professor who will not let you graduate yet he swaps scholarship for his children to study abroad check who he is
https://www.nairaland.com/4360803/prof-b-l-adeleke-08071878926#65256105

1 Like

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Blingblings(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
Wahala dey oh...
Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Kobicove(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
They're both multiple marriage champions...they suit each other undecided

4 Likes

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Alariiwo: 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
See marriage wey some idiots dey carry for head like gala.. you'll see them crying I'm married upandan, disturbing world peace.

Na wetin dem dey dissolve like sugar so.
Just about any idiot can wake up and decide to get married these days. It is well.

5 Likes

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by ghostfacekillar(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
serial ko cereal ni

1 Like

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Icecomrade: 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2018

Why is he acting like the woman is not willing to Divorce him.

He is the 5th husband, and letting him go shouldn't be a big deal for his Serial Divorcee wife.

Afterall he knew before agreeing to be the 5th Husband, why coming up with so much drama?

Abeg pack well.

9 Likes

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by congorasta: 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
k
Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Ellabae(f): 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
Well let them go their separate ways. I wish them luck.
Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Me4Gees: 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
Lolz... Nawa o
Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by AreaFada2: 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
Things dey happen for that Igando court gan gan. Orisirisi.
Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Blingblings(m): 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2018
robcook102:

No chance of loosen cause winning is setting & sure, whatsapp or call if interested for your stake.

Criminal.... When them transfer money give you now you go block the person. OLOSHI!... If you get sure game why you no go play am alone abi to become millionaire na sacrilege for your village?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Liberator007(m): 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2018
Why did you marry a serial divorcee? When you dey hit the something, she no be serial divorcee? Idiot grin

1 Like

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by dizon: 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
Serial divorcee married to serial marrier. Una two fit each other

6 Likes

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
And some never see one husband marry
Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by laydoh(m): 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
Nairalandie,wetin we no go c for hia.who is the liar nw.
Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
shocked
Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Oyindidi(f): 5:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
The man is a liar, I don't think a 42 years old woman can marry 5 times.
Where are the mathematicians, do the maths. The lady is 42 and they were married for 13 years.
42-13=29
How is it possible for a 29 years old lady to be married for 4 times before meeting her 5th husband?
Men give silly excuses when they are tired of marriage. God help your daughters

14 Likes

Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
zz
Re: 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2018
holatin:
who do I report this to

my phone fell down while at the front of the sea at elegushi before I can say jack the sea erupt toward my side and drag it away.
I was mouth agape with tears in my eyes.
and you were watching
Goan report to the PRO marine world

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

French Ex Vanishes With The Son Of A Nigerian Woman / Lady Gets Car As Birthday Gift From Husband (Photos) / Man Weeps In Court Over Wife’s Divorce Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.