Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 (368 Views)

Billy Graham Dies At 99 / World renowned evangelist Billy Graham dies at 99 - (Pics & Biography) / Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 by bababode825(m): 3:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
(CNN)Evangelist Billy Graham -- a confidant to presidents, a guiding light to generations of American evangelicals and a globe-trotting preacher who converted millions to Christianity -- died Wednesday at the age of 99, his spokesman confirmed to CNN.

Graham passed away at his home in Montreat, North Carolina, spokesman Jeremy Blume said.
The skinny preacher with the booming voice evangelized to nearly 215 million people over six decades and prayed with every US president since Harry Truman.
Several presidents, including Lyndon Johnson, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, relied closely on his spiritual counsel.
He was tall and handsome, with a disarming aw-shucks demeanor and a Southern twang to his voice. But Graham's influence, historians say, was monumental. Some called him "America's pastor," others referred to him as the "Protestant pope."
Graham is reported to have persuaded more than 3 million people to commit their lives to Christianity and his preaching was heard in 185 of the world's 195 countries, according to the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
"He was probably the dominant religious leader of his era; no more than one or two popes, perhaps one or two other people, could come close to what he achieved," said William Martin, a former historian at Rice University and the author of "A Prophet with Honor: The Billy Graham Story."

Credits:CNN
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/21/us/billy-graham-obit/index.html
Re: Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 by Jerryojozy(m): 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2018
The preacher of preachers, u have done ur part. May your rest not just in peace but perfect peace.

Genius J
Re: Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2018
My father, my father, thank you for answering the call upon ur life to share with humanity this good news of salvation. u will be greatly missed. I pray 2 av d privilege of joining u in ur heaven wen my own time comes. love u 2 much!
Re: Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 by agwom(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2018
May his soul rest in peace...great, lovely mentor!

(1) (Reply)

War,peace And The Deceit In Islam / Slaying The Serpents / Let God Arise And Let The Animal In Me Be Removed Yonder, FAITH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.