Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Evangelist Billy Graham- The World Renowned Preacher Of The Word Of God Is GONE - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelist Billy Graham- The World Renowned Preacher Of The Word Of God Is GONE (462 Views)

Billy Graham Dies At 99 / World renowned evangelist Billy Graham dies at 99 - (Pics & Biography) / Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Evangelist Billy Graham- The World Renowned Preacher Of The Word Of God Is GONE by legalwealth(m): 5:13pm On Feb 21, 2018
I just got the glorious news from Pastor Paul Adefarasin facebook page and I'm glad to share by quoting him below:

"I join the Christian community and the world to celebrate the illustrious and exemplary life of Evangelist Billy Graham who has gone to be with the Lord at the age of 99. He was a role model and a hero to many as well as a voice that has echoed for generations.

A man I particularly respect – he was Counselor to kings, a Pastor to Pastors, Priest to Presidents and a consummate Preacher of the Word of God. Although he will be greatly missed here on earth, I am certain that he is walking the streets of gold in heaven.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and organisations at this time. He lived a life of remarkable impact and we will all miss him dearly. A legend has gone home."

I say Rest In Peace in the blossom of Lord Jesus Christ Evangelist Billy Graham! !!

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Billy Graham- The World Renowned Preacher Of The Word Of God Is GONE by josh123(m): 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2018
Rest in d bossom of the lord
Re: Evangelist Billy Graham- The World Renowned Preacher Of The Word Of God Is GONE by TheDigitalEvang: 10:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
William Franklin Graham, Jr. was born on November 7, 1918, in Charlotte, North Carolina, to parents William and Morrow Graham. Graham was the first of four children raised on the family's dairy farm in Charlotte. In hindsight, there was little indication that Graham would one day preach the Christian gospel to as many as 215 million people in live audiences over 185 countries. Graham has been credited with preaching to more individuals than anyone else in history, not counting the additional millions he has addressed through radio, television and the written word.

While Graham's parents were strict Calvinists, it would be an unfamiliar traveling evangelist who would set Graham on a profound spiritual path. At the age of 16, Graham attended a series of revival meetings run by evangelist Mordecai Ham. Despite the fact that Graham was a well-behaved adolescent, Ham's sermons on sin spoke to young Graham. After high school, Graham moved to Tennessee to enroll in the conservative Christian school, Bob Jones College. However, he felt disconnected from the school's rigid doctrine and soon transferred to the Florida Bible Institute. While in Florida, Graham joined a Southern Baptist Convention church, where he was ordained in 1939.

After graduating from the Florida Bible Institute with a bachelor's in theology, Graham moved to Illinois and enrolled at Wheaton College for further spiritual training. He also met his future wife, Ruth McCue Bell, at this time. Bell was the daughter of a missionary and lived with her family in China until she turned 17. After graduating with a bachelor's in anthropology, Graham and Bell were married on August 13, 1943. They would eventually raise five children together.

(1) (Reply)

He Tapped His Swollen Leg Three Times As The Pastor Directed And It Deflated. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/05/18 / Can A Christian Partake In The Ramadan Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.