Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,343 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

The Nitty Gritty Of The Corporate World... Thing To Know Before Starting A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Nitty Gritty Of The Corporate World... Thing To Know Before Starting A Job (624 Views)

12 Biggest Lessons From The Corporate World / 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search / All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nitty Gritty Of The Corporate World... Thing To Know Before Starting A Job by JoeyDdamsel(f): 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
I would like to believe that we all know about Office Etiquette, must dress officially-look presentable to clients, always have a smile on and greet guests but no one ever warns you about the usual office gossip or as I call it Office Politics, or my all time favourite Office Romance.

Office fucking Politics, the same way you have the leading parties in Nigeria, All Progressive Congress APC and People Democratic Party PDP, same goes in a Company.

You don't believe me, well I dare you to voice your opinion in a meeting and see what happens.

Feel free to tell me the after effect!

Most things you should be aware of when starting a new job:

1. Never be too close to the opposite sex- your colleagues will either say you guys are dating and we all know how that goes.

2. ‎Never get too chummy with your Boss- most bosses are perverts, they just want your body 'Sex' or your colleagues will say you are sleeping your way to the top.

3. Never pick sides in a discussion or an argument- be passive never reveal your hand. You could be diplomatic or act as the mediator.

4. Always listen- humans are very tricky beings you can't trust them so always be one step ahead. See the office like a Chess game, you wouldn't want to endanger your Queen.

5. Never do eye service- you only put in your best when you are been watched. Wrong! Always put in your best and you will always be rewarded with a promotion.

6. Never stop at just your job- no matter the situation always get more certificates and qualifications, what makes you better than the next person is what you can offer.

"Your Mind is like a bank, whatever you Deposit is what you can Withdraw"

7. ‎Never tell anyone your Secrets- as I said earlier humans are shifty like a cameleon, my advice would be to know one secret of your colleague cos you might need it someday.

8. Never be too Nice- remember it is a place of work. So you work and after 30 days you get paid. It's not a place to make friends.

9. Never indulge in Office Gossip- if those around you are talking pretend to not listen cos anything that you contribute will be rephrased and told to others in various versions.

10. Never stop Saving- you always notice that when your income increases, so does your expenditure. I urge you to save at most 50% of your monthly income. Don't call friends over and waste money on booze, don't spend money on clothes, use what you already have and spend only when necessary.

Kindly click on the link below to read the full story
Thanks.
https://mybleedingedge..com.ng/

3 Likes

Re: The Nitty Gritty Of The Corporate World... Thing To Know Before Starting A Job by sunkanmihassan1(m): 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
very accurate.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kimberly Ryan Latest Recruitment / ABB Nigeria Limited Fresh Job Recruitment {3 Positions} / Agricultural Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.