Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 (17691 Views)

Insecurity Getting Worse Under Buhari - Goodluck Jonathan At Fasoranti's Home / 'we Stand By Nigeria' - Transparency International, Praise EFCC Chair, Magu / ‘corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Yoshy: 10:58am On Feb 22, 2018
contigiency:
I don't believe this report. What is their yardstick? Let them state funds being stashed abroad as was the case. Or even in Nigeria can they say they have traced funds and assets being diverted by public officials, yes there is still corruption but Government has approached the fight vigorously contraly to the norms in the past.

Believe? Zombie does not have a choice.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by maslong(m): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2018
nairavsdollars:
And to imagine our president is the anti-corruption leader in Africa...mtshew

Hope Lai Mohammed wont say Transparency International is being sponsored by the opposition

OR

IPOB

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Litmus: 11:13am On Feb 22, 2018
Perhaps Western business people aren't any longer finding it easy to cut corners in Nigeria, so they sulkingly report negatively when polled. Certainly wouldn't expect any favourable report from the majority of those involved in compiling whatever it is they compile before doling out figures when it comes to Nigeria. I suspect that the West never actually do any on the ground research in Nigeria anyway, probably source views from media,old memories and vague notion of Nigerianess, which is fuzzy, dark and negative. Possibly incorporate the hateful views of some token blacks – Caribbean or other Africans- of the type fund of stabbing Nigeria in the back for a place beside the cat and dog at the foot of white affection. In any case, whites are generally unable to function outside preconceptions. They're like an autistic race, trapped and functioning in patterns like a fly making triangles in the middle of the air. Bet you if researched scrupulously all these West created indexes turn out based on sentiments not objective, unbiased scientific method. They make sense only when viewed as objects meant for control.
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by macaphan007(m): 11:22am On Feb 22, 2018
This administration is so corrupt,from printing fake FG tenders from the ministry of information last year to contract racketeering, collection of bribes before they move your files,they not even asking for kickbacks again if you pay forget the contract,your file will gather dust,people dpnr have an idea of how bad things have gotten.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by lordatkinson07(m): 11:27am On Feb 22, 2018
This report is inaccurate and misleading. if corruption is weigh on 0 as highly corrupt and 100 as very clean, Nigeria moving from 27 to 28 only means that corruption has reduced by 1%. Saying corruption is getting worse only show the mathematical handicap of the writer of this new.
STOP misleading NIGERIANS
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by livebynite: 11:30am On Feb 22, 2018
contigiency:
I don't believe this report. What is their yardstick? Let them state funds being stashed abroad as was the case. Or even in Nigeria can they say they have traced funds and assets being diverted by public officials, yes there is still corruption but Government has approached the fight vigorously contraly to the norms in the past.

You spoke like an imbecilee
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by ocelot2006(m): 11:39am On Feb 22, 2018
contigiency:

You do know that the Transparency International Corruption Perception Index is the GLOBAL STANDARD used across the world to determine how corrupt a nation is, right?
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by gentlegenius(m): 11:46am On Feb 22, 2018
rxmusa:
DASUKIGATE!
"The reason why my own thumb will never vote for PDP again"

With humility and profound respect i write this, the rationale behind this write-up is to exercise my freedom of speech and expression, and also to urge my fellow countrymen to be more conscious in exercising their franchise.
In the fast years, Our dear country Nigeria had been battling with insurgency, the Boko haram menace (conspiracy as some people called it.). We have seen how Soldiers were deployed in large numbers to the war front without proper arms and ammunitions, this result in mass burial of brave and gallant soldiers. The morale of our gallant soldiers was shaken at that time, the dignity and pride of the Nigerian army seems to be lost at that time, the North-Eastern part of the counrty was in chaos and turmoil, there was break down of law and order.
The ruling party at that the time was the PDP.
The president at that time was Gooluck Jonathan Ebele Azikwe. A huge sum of money was approved for the purchased of arms to help tackle the boko haram menace.

Lo and behold!! Before our own eyes the money was diverted to fund the PDP 2015 General Election. This is clearly inhumane. Shortly after PDP lost the 2015 Election to opppsition, we begin to hear shocking revelation about how the money meant for procurement of arms was diverted to fund the PDP campaigns, thanks to Muhammadu buhari's administration anti-corruption war.

The ruling party sent our young, brave and gallant soldiers to the battlefield to die, and without shame they jubilate and share the public money with there political jamboree while our soldiers are dying on the war front.

All this was done by the PDP and under the watch of the president, the ruling party; PDP.
Therefore, i'll not forgive myself if i ever vote for PDP again in my life. I hereby call on my fellow sane countrymen to look at history and be more conscious in excercising their franchise.

To my fellow comrades that our opinion and political affiliation differs, i hope you'll endeavor to understand my views and opinion.
To my fellow countrymen and compatriots, this is my own view and opinion, and i hope you will reason very well before you make your own.
To my brothers and the good people that i have the privilege to know, who are contesting for various seats under the PDP flatform, i'm very sorry!! But my own thumb will never vote PDP again. I hope u'll understand and respect my opinion.

Thanks y'all.
#myopinion #ispeakfree #politics #onenigeria #betternigeria #truth
I strongly understand and respect your opinion, but there's something you are missing here...
The PDP is a political party just like APC. There is no bad party, it's the members of the party that are bad. The issue that annoyed you to the point of taking a decision is not something that the PDP did. It was individuals in the PDP govt that did those things but you must understand that some of those individuals had already crossed to the APC, and if such people contest any office under the APC platform, you'll surely vote for them and they will go back to power and continue from where they stop. There is no corrupt party, it is individuals that are corrupt, so it is very unpatriotic for us to choose a political party to vote or not to vote for and leave the corrupt politicians alone. This is why this country can't move forward. Why don't you find out all the individuals that were involved in the arms money embezzlement and take a decision never to vote for any of them again no matter the political party they may contest on?
What good will it be to you if one of those corrupt elements contest from another party and you vote for him? And what advantage will it be to you if someone good joins the PDP today, contests and you refuse to vote for him?
I think it's high time we start voting for or against individuals and not political parties.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Elbowroom: 11:53am On Feb 22, 2018
OKDnigeria:
Yet APC apologists and buharists will always boast of how Buhari has decimated corruption in Nigeria.
But people like us have always known that the so-called anti corruption war is a farce.

Chai! The only achievement Buhari deludes himself with. TI has now busted it!

Because you are fighting back corruption
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Elbowroom: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:
BUHARI IS THE MOST CORRUPT PRESIDENT EVER

Ipob are terrorists and devils incarnate
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by win2kwire: 12:01pm On Feb 22, 2018
Getting worse?
These yeye organizations must be stupid - even 5 year old kids are corrupt in Nigeria, no be getting worse matter anymore, it is already a DNA plague!
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by kpaofame: 12:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
contigiency:
By reinstating Maina and NHIS capon they indeed fight kwaruption vigorously...by spending so much on Aso Villa Hospital but they cant conduct common test or provide pain relieve drugs, indeed it is a vigorous fight against kwaruption..the list of their vigorous fight fight against corruption is endless.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by gaskiyamagana: 12:11pm On Feb 22, 2018
There is nothing between TI and FIFA Ranking of Nigeria. In fact those who have been decimated by PMB anti corruption war known better than TI.
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by sirley(m): 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
I can't believe with this

the level of corruption in this country is diminishing as we're witnessing....

So how comes this
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Edge1(m): 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2018
Champele:
Fake news sponsored by the looters party, PDP.

Zombified monkey spotted
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Sirjamo: 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
Fuk TI, we have eyes and ears, we know what's going on in our country, no government official has been accused of stashing money abroad or in grave yards since 2015, our foreign reserves has been growing despite low revenue so which money is being stolen? this is just good news for wailing Zombies but definitely not me
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Edge1(m): 12:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
Elbowroom:

Ipob are terrorists and devils incarnate

Another Zomb!f!ed m0nk3y spotted
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Uyemi: 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2018
[/color][color=#000000]
rxmusa:
DASUKIGATE!
"The reason why my own thumb will never vote for PDP again"

With humility and profound respect i write this, the rationale behind this write-up is to exercise my freedom of speech and expression, and also to urge my fellow countrymen to be more conscious in exercising their franchise.
In the fast years, Our dear country Nigeria had been battling with insurgency, the Boko haram menace (conspiracy as some people called it.). We have seen how Soldiers were deployed in large numbers to the war front without proper arms and ammunitions, this result in mass burial of brave and gallant soldiers. The morale of our gallant soldiers was shaken at that time, the dignity and pride of the Nigerian army seems to be lost at that time, the North-Eastern part of the counrty was in chaos and turmoil, there was break down of law and order.
The ruling party at that the time was the PDP.
The president at that time was Gooluck Jonathan Ebele Azikwe. A huge sum of money was approved for the purchased of arms to help tackle the boko haram menace.

Lo and behold!! Before our own eyes the money was diverted to fund the PDP 2015 General Election. This is clearly inhumane. Shortly after PDP lost the 2015 Election to opppsition, we begin to hear shocking revelation about how the money meant for procurement of arms was diverted to fund the PDP campaigns, thanks to Muhammadu buhari's administration anti-corruption war.

The ruling party sent our young, brave and gallant soldiers to the battlefield to die, and without shame they jubilate and share the public money with there political jamboree while our soldiers are dying on the war front.

All this was done by the PDP and under the watch of the president, the ruling party; PDP.
Therefore, i'll not forgive myself if i ever vote for PDP again in my life. I hereby call on my fellow sane countrymen to look at history and be more conscious in excercising their franchise.

To my fellow comrades that our opinion and political affiliation differs, i hope you'll endeavor to understand my views and opinion.
To my fellow countrymen and compatriots, this is my own view and opinion, and i hope you will reason very well before you make your own.
To my brothers and the good people that i have the privilege to know, who are contesting for various seats under the PDP flatform, i'm very sorry!! But my own thumb will never vote PDP again. I hope u'll understand and respect my opinion.

Thanks y'all.
#myopinion #ispeakfree #politics #onenigeria #betternigeria #truth

Nice view, but in truth, more went on behind the scene than has been brought to light. though I stand to be corrected, I recall the northern elites, when the fight against boko haram was fierce in 2012, call for the sack of Ihejirika, they even went as far as reporting Nigeria to international organisations that the Nigerian Army was not fighting boko haram but was terrorizing civilians instead. I recall incesant complaints and the rumor that should you shelter or feed a boko haram fugitive and get caught, that there was a serious punishment for that, (but then again my assertions has no concrete evidence right now since I can neither remember where I read it nor if it it's a mere hearsay) the result was an ammunition embargo, I guess that was there reason for resorting to the black market where they were caught twice, the insurgency loomed, our soldiers butchered in their numbers until after the Russia/Ukraine war when they could Legally buy and the advantage returned to the side of the Nigerian Army. yes there were conspiracies then, as the war was both politicised and religious cetiments playing it's own role.
It could be possible that the money was embesseled but then again, I wonder why a sitting president who wants to run for a second term play with a score card that could have earned him high points.
please feel free to correct me where am wrong as no one has monopoly of knowledge

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Charly68: 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
It means the PDP were careless in their time,but this time around APC has taken corruption to higher level
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by blacknp(m): 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
nairavsdollars:
And to imagine our president is the anti-corruption leader in Africa...mtshew

Hope Lai Mohammed wont say Transparency International is being sponsored by the opposition
Name one person your state government has jailed for corrupt practices since 1999,if you can name one person prosecuted by your state I will rest my case or did your ignorant mind set tell you the Government of Nigeria is only at the Federal level?

Even the whole world has acknowledged the integrity of the President he even won an award last month by the African Union, so if he can't change the people he is ruling who is the world laughing at the President who is believed to be descent even by the Arch Bishop of Canterbury or you another poor Nigerian that will be at an embassy or consulate in future begging for visa? Don't you know the joke is on you MUMU?

There is an old adage "you can force a horse to a stream but you cannot force the horse to drink water" the president cannot change a damned race of people that do not want change,even Moses failed in the Bible trying to lead those ungrateful people out of Egypt.
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by ademolasodiq(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
nice justification to baba's claim that he has accomplished his major promises #we have succeeded if fighting corruption grin grin grin
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by kokomilala(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
Whoever believed the war against corruption by APC was taken it by their lies.
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by bigfish3k: 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
contigiency:

yes u are right, they are fighting it with the new norm of

1.restating maina
2.restating NHIS DG
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by rxmusa(m): 5:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
Uyemi:
[/color][color=#000000]

Nice view, but in truth, more went on behind the scene than has been brought to light. though I stand to be corrected, I recall the northern elites, when the fight against boko haram was fierce in 2012, call for the sack of Ihejirika, they even went as far as reporting Nigeria to international organisations that the Nigerian Army was not fighting boko haram but was terrorizing civilians instead. I recall incesant complaints and the rumor that should you shelter or feed a boko haram fugitive and get caught, that there was a serious punishment for that, (but then again my assertions has no concrete evidence right now since I can neither remember where I read it nor if it it's a mere hearsay) the result was an ammunition embargo, I guess that was there reason for resorting to the black market where they were caught twice, the insurgency loomed, our soldiers butchered in their numbers until after the Russia/Ukraine war when they could Legally buy and the advantage returned to the side of the Nigerian Army. yes there were conspiracies then, as the war was both politicised and religious cetiments playing it's own role.
It could be possible that the money was embesseled but then again, I wonder why a sitting president who wants to run for a second term play with a score card that could have earned him high points.
please feel free to correct me where am wrong as no one has monopoly of knowledge

It's been a while I come across an intelligent person like you here in Nairaland. Even though you might disagree with someone you do it in the most reasonable way and within the context of rationality
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by rxmusa(m): 5:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
gentlegenius:

I strongly understand and respect your opinion, but there's something you are missing here...
The PDP is a political party just like APC. There is no bad party, it's the members of the party that are bad. The issue that annoyed you to the point of taking a decision is not something that the PDP did. It was individuals in the PDP govt that did those things but you must understand that some of those individuals had already crossed to the APC, and if such people contest any office under the APC platform, you'll surely vote for them and they will go back to power and continue from where they stop. There is no corrupt party, it is individuals that are corrupt, so it is very unpatriotic for us to choose a political party to vote or not to vote for and leave the corrupt politicians alone. This is why this country can't move forward. Why don't you find out all the individuals that were involved in the arms money embezzlement and take a decision never to vote for any of them again no matter the political party they may contest on?
What good will it be to you if one of those corrupt elements contest from another party and you vote for him? And what advantage will it be to you if someone good joins the PDP today, contests and you refuse to vote for him?
I think it's high time we start voting for or against individuals and not political parties.

Thank you sir, I respect your sense of reasoning and your polite way of disagreeing with someone, it shows your level of intelligence and tolerance. More wisdom to you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senators Clash Over Security Activities At Ports / Nigerians Abroad Protest Against Kaduna Killings, Task U.S., Others On Cessation / Court Asked To Stop INEC From Listing APC, Tinubu Over "Forgery"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.