Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,672 members, 7,844,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career (24440 Views)

I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. / Toyin Tofade Becomes First Black Female President Of Albany College of Pharmacy / Morenike Victory Victor-Banjo Made 9A1 In WAEC And 335 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Atlantia(f): 11:00am On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=naturalwaves post=65277348]

I do not think they aren't responsible. What I meant was that, we do not have the necessary yardstick to say maybe or not they are responsible. There is no observable evidence that we can use to say that and if you are going by the fact that one of them is married, that doesn't mean such person is responsible. After all, their mum got married and wasn't responsible.

We also do not have the necessary yardstick to say maybe or not their mother is irresponsible. There is no observable evidence that shows that she completely cut herself off from her children's lives. Keep that in mind.

She regretted not being able to balance the two. That's what you failed to see underneath.

The home front and an academic career are not mutually exclusive. That's what I actually have a problem with. I have a problem with the fact that she couldn't strike a balance or a near balance.

Now you're talking! They are not mutually exclusive and yet people find it difficult to juggle the two perfectly.
She regrets not being able to balance the two. Why do you have a problem with that?
The fact that you believe you would have the strength or wherewithal to make different choices if you were in her shoes gives you no right to ridicule her own choices.

I didn't say she didn't contribute or anything like that. I said " I won't be surprised ". So, didn't make any assumptions.
So you didn’t make any assumptions right then...why go for the worst case scenario?
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by donstan18: 11:03am On Feb 22, 2018
Atlantia:

If we are to base our opinions on what she told the press then it's not for me to say whether she did right or wrong.

That's the point I've been trying to make right from the beginning.

Lol, ladies can be funny.

Just like you.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Tex42(m): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2018
angels09:

Whaat Dominique ke? Bounce her family? She nor fit.
'she no fit', and here she is singing praises to a woman who did, as if she is the next in line to dump her family for a havard Masters.

Irony of life... She no fit. Lol!
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Atlantia(f): 11:14am On Feb 22, 2018
Tollzara:
Exactly. Marriage is not a must. Everyone has the opportunity to make choices and decisions----whichever one they make, they should be ready to face the responsibilities that come with it. You should know the level of your competence, and the extent of your capabilities, so you would be in no delusions about what you can do, and make your choices accordingly. If it so happens that you judged yourself wrongly and made a decision that turned out to be a mistake, you wouldn't be justified in saying you're proud of the mistake and make no apologies for it. Admit you were wrong----no one is above mistakes----and move on.

She expressed regret at not having a tighter bond with her children. That alone goes to show that she's indeed remorseful. One does not have to come out point blank with an apology before you realise that such a person is sorry. I believe you know that much.

She didn't train her children to be "independent". She obviously trained them to disregard her and put her at the bottom of their priority list. No one should be proud of that.

Refer to my previous comment. From what I could decipher...she's not saying she wouldn't have given up her career if she could turn back the hands of time. She's only saying that she would do right by her children.
Once again - Regret.

So, yes, if she knew she couldn't handle being a mother, she shouldn't have become one.

"KNOW THYSELF".

Yeah. I'm not judging her concerning the divorce. I was only asking questions and considering scenarios that would make it valid to call her irresponsible, which are not necessarily true, since I have no idea what happened. Don't mind me.
True.
She made a mistake by not fully considering the consequences of her actions.

True. But we can only judge based on the information she provided. Except the claim is being made that we should give her neither horns nor halos, since we're oblivious to the details, which I wouldn't contest.

My point exactly...There's no point calling her names and saying she's wrong or right to have done what she did.
I know I cannot make the kind of sacrifice she made..

But it's basic human nature to make judgements based on perceptions and appearances----and we can't be 100% rational 100% of the time.
I agree...We're all flawed.

So maybe people should stop washing their linen in public, if they aren't out to make clear revelations. Afterall, she's passing a message across in some way.
Exactly. She is passing a message.
For some, this would be a warning to always consider the consequences of our actions and our obligations and responsibilities before making certain decisions.

Unfortunately, we're quick to only see the bad side.

1 Like

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Atlantia(f): 11:15am On Feb 22, 2018
donstan18:

Lol, ladies can be funny.

Just like you.
Indeed.

Men can be funny too.
We're all regular comedians.

2 Likes

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by CioAngels(f): 11:17am On Feb 22, 2018
It is a very sad one. Your husband was there for you, yet, you threw him to the gutters. Has your husband remarried? This my question may not add up but is the way i feel i should ask. Please plead with him if he is still waiting for you. As for your children, you need Gods grace to get them back. It is really a fact that education is No wisdom. Good luck i wish you because i can feel your pain.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by naturalwaves: 11:26am On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=Atlantia post=65277715][/quote]
Talking about the irresponsibility part, she gave us some evidences to show she wasn't very much responsible as a mum. Except if you want to say that she cannot be totally irresponsible......maybe something like partially responsible smiley.

Talking about her decision, she wasn't incapacitated to make the necessary one. It is not something that would have required a very heavy wherewithal. She was obviously selfish and never cared because an academic position gives you the greatest liberty of all with respect to time.

Lol@worst case scenario.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 22, 2018
Tex42:
'she no fit', and here she is singing praises to a woman who did, as if she is the next in line to dump her family for a havard Masters.

Irony of life... She no fit. Lol!
Dominique is more homey and family oriented for that kinda BS.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 22, 2018
CioAngels:
It is a very sad one. Your husband was there for you, yet, you threw him to the gutters. Has your husband remarried? This my question may not add up but is the way i feel i should ask. Please plead with him if he is still waiting for you. As for your children, you need Gods grace to get them back. It is really a fact that education is No wisdom. Good luck i wish you because i can feel your pain.
These things happen in the life of men who pause their careers for their wife's
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 22, 2018
Xisnin:

Please drop this caveman believes. Many kids these days are in boarding school by age 5
till they are full-grown adult. Do you think they are calling their house mastervs mummy and daddy?

I am speaking from experience. I have a friend whose biological mother didn't take the place or wasn't allowed to place the role of a mother at his wedding.
Rather, it was the step mother that took that spot and his bold defence was the mother was never there when he needed her, this step mother was the one that helped him become who he is today, and how can the biological mother just wake of all a sudden , remembers he has a son and wanna take the shine of a mother she has never been.
Those in bordering school, always check, save for a microscopic few, others learn from the street and bring it back home when their parents are not always there not even on holiday. Wonder why kids now murder or beat up parents? Do drugs and other vices?

I wasn't a bad kid at school, but my parents never knew none of my secondary teacher or how my sec school looked like on the inside, save the school gate.
not even when I kept winning awards to make them proud. They were never there to celebrate my success with me. University was worse, they didn't know how I served and what has been going on in my life. And now, we are not even close enough for me to wanna open up to them cos I don't even know how they will react, cos I don't know them. But we are cool , ain't mad at them but the truth is that close parent/child relationship is gone with the wind and we both miss it, but don't even know how to 're-establish it. I have friends who are going through same. Some found solice in step parents or forster parents. Some didn't. Such is life. So kid , even in marriage, I still miss that abandonment if I might use that word, cos some things prop up in marriage I can't discuss with them and seek their advice, nor can I refer back and ask how my parents would have handled similar situations , cos they were never there. Wonder why the alarming rate of failed marriage, cos modern day kids don't know how to handle marriage/adulthood, save from what they learn from social media, read in books( most foreign), see in the movie, etc.
And it hurts. So don't say what you don't know. Okay?

3 Likes

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Acidosis(m): 11:39am On Feb 22, 2018
Enoquin:
You all need to learn and respect the fact that not everyone is family oriented. Stop trying to project your own beliefs and feelings on another person because while backgrounds might be similar, experiences and the lessons you learn from that will not be, which is how we have all come to be different.

Why marry and raise children when you're not family-oriented?

Why is she seeking her children attention since she doesn't need a family?

Many of you career women won't know what is about to fall on you until you reach your peak. Very soon, she will look at her certificate and won't be able to do anything with them. I give her 10-20 years, and everything she thinks she has will become worthless.

1 week after retirement, her University will completely forget about her.

2 Likes

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by harrismcse: 11:45am On Feb 22, 2018
my dear, she is regretting her life decisions. she put her career before her marriage and her kids. Now she is a lonely old woman, whose kids even daughters don't call on phone and who probably don't get to see or speak with her grand children, and to make it worse off, she drove a loving husband away so she is damn lonely at old age.

FACT of the day: Don't put anything before your family, cos in their eyes and arms will you experience true happiness and fulfillment, not at work.
have ever wondered why the hardest working people in the office are often not the happiest?

best moments in life cant be bought, neither can it be experienced alone.

young guys and ladies be careful.

Shes not sad about the marriage loss but how independent her children has become and are hardly involving her in their lives. If she was to turn back the hands of time, she will still pick her career but raise her children differently. Marriage must never be a woman's biggest achievement in life.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by grandstar(m): 11:47am On Feb 22, 2018
naturalwaves:

Is it about dancing about the thread or about pointing out the facts? You lot have a serious problem. See the direction you took it to. Her write up is laced with regrets and it is obvious she is so full of herself. Aside that, she is cunning and a foool for saying her children have become too independent. Does the illustration paint independence or lack of respect and disappointments?? If your children do not call you nor respond to your message in good time, it means they lack respect for you and care less about you not independent. So, Miss woman crusader, read well before you spill jargons next time.

The phrase "too independent" is actually an euphemism for "not attached".

Whatever you sow is what you will reap.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Atlantia(f): 11:48am On Feb 22, 2018
naturalwaves:

Talking about the irresponsibility part, she gave us some evidences to show she wasn't very much responsible as a mum. Except if you want to say that she cannot be totally irresponsible......maybe something like partially responsible smiley.
Not every woman is cut out to be a mother..Something like partially responsible? Haha.
That's a moot point.

Talking about her decision, she wasn't incapacitated to make the necessary one. It is not something that would have required a very heavy wherewithal. She was obviously selfish and never cared because an academic position gives you the greatest liberty of all with respect to time.

@bolded... That's your opinion. Obviously, she believed otherwise.
You keep talking about how an academic position gives you the greatest liberty with respect to time. I find it funny because I happen to know a stay-at-home mom who has a terrible relationship with her children. Although quite unrelated to the issue at hand, it goes to show that spending all your time with your children doesn't make you capable of raising them well.

Yes! She placed her career above all...However, she regrets not doing a few things differently.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by harrismcse: 11:49am On Feb 22, 2018
I just want to give you a treat for this expository write up.

I am speaking from experience. I have a friend whose biological mother didn't take the place or wasn't allowed to place the role of a mother at his wedding.
Rather, it was the step mother that took that spot and his bold defence was the mother was never there when he needed her, this step mother was the one that helped him become who he is today, and how can the biological mother just wake of all a sudden , remembers he has a son and wanna take the shine of a mother she has never been.
Those in bordering school, always check, save for a microscopic few, others learn from the street and bring it back home when their parents are not always there not even on holiday. Wonder why kids now murder or beat up parents? Do drugs and other vices?

I wasn't a bad kid at school, but my parents never knew none of my secondary teacher or how my sec school looked like on the inside, save the school gate.
not even when I kept winning awards to make them proud. They were never there to celebrate my success with me. University was worse, they didn't know how I served and what has been going on in my life. And now, we are not even close enough for me to wanna open up to them cos I don't even know how they will react, cos I don't know them. But we are cool , ain't mad at them but the truth is that close parent/child relationship is gone with the wind and we both miss it, but don't even know how to 're-establish it. I have friends who are going through same. Some found solice in step parents or forster parents. Some didn't. Such is life. So kid , even in marriage, I still miss that abandonment if I might use that word, cos some things prop up in marriage I can't discuss with them and seek their advice, nor can I refer back and ask how my parents would have handled similar situations , cos they were never there. Wonder why the alarming rate of failed marriage, cos modern day kids don't know how to handle marriage/adulthood, save from what they learn from social media, read in books( most foreign), see in the movie, etc.
And it hurts. So don't say what you don't know. Okay?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Lightening: 11:53am On Feb 22, 2018
darlenese:

well said , I don't see any difference bw she and one who Is childless , her children do not see her as their mother hence they dont reply her message until after two weeks .
what A shame !

The childless is much better. No labour pain and the plenty suspense, uncertainties and rigours (expenses) associated with raising a child. Then a woman bore all these and yet without a single loyal child. It is really a wasted life.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Tex42(m): 11:53am On Feb 22, 2018
angels09:

Dominique is more homey and family oriented for that kinda BS.
Thank Jah! At least we have a woman who will work to build and maintain a United happy family instead of running off to get a Cambridge Certificate.
grin grin grin
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 22, 2018
Tex42:
Thank Jah! At least we have a woman who will work to build and maintain a United happy family instead of running off to get a Cambridge Certificate.
grin grin grin
Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Lightening: 11:58am On Feb 22, 2018
harrismcse:
I just want to give you a treat for this expository write up.

So touching bro. Just ensure you make the corrections raising your own kids. All the best.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by orientation666: 12:08pm On Feb 22, 2018
specter:

BRO, WELL SAID. I FEEL YOU, WE SHARE SAME EXPERIENCE. I HAVE VOWED NEVER TO MARRY A TOO CAREER FOCUSED WOMAN NO MATTER WHAT BECAUSE MY HOME(BASE STATION) MUST BE STRONG. I BELIEVE THAT THE FRAGMENTED HOME IS THE MOST REASON WHY OUR SOCIETY IS WHERE WE ARE TODAY. EVERYBODY IS FACING CAREER ALL FOR MATERIALIST AGGRANDISEMENT TO THE DETRIMENT OF FAMILY VALUES . WE NEED TO RE-ECHO OUR FAMILY VALUES AND WITHOUT CONTROVERSY, THE HOMELY WOMAN OF VIRTUE IS MOST FITTED FOR THAT GREAT ENDEAVOUR.
@harrismcse

1 Like

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Acidosis(m): 12:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
Any man or woman that fails to choose her family over her career should NEVER get married.

Work with any organization for 30 years and retire, on the 31st year, no one will recognize you anymore. Your contributions will totally become history, and your ideas will become irrelevant and obsolete (you would practically become old and worthless). The only person that will always stay true to you ever after will always be your spouse (only if you treat them rightly when you have all the energy) so don't waste it all on your career.

Marriage and everything you build with your spouse and (maybe children) should be the only thing you can "die" for.

Meanwhile, a CHILD is not marriage. Marriage is between 2, not 3, people. Children are only a part of the process to ensure continuity of whatever legacy you both build together. When your children are old enough to take that process, it is important you let them leave so you and your spouse can continue your MARRIAGE alone.

The problem here is that the world has changed so much that the proliferation of baby mamas, baby papas, sugar mummies, etc.. have left us confused we don't know the right and the wrong anymore.

1 Like

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
dominique:
Before fellas start dancing on this thread, read this

Shes not sad about the marriage loss but how independent her children has become and are hardly involving her in their lives. If she was to turn back the hands of time, she will still pick her career but raise her children differently. Marriage must never be a woman's biggest achievement in life.

That's a lie, what's marriage without a home? If her children are independent it's because she didn't have a home to train them well.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by naturalwaves: 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2018
Atlantia:

Not every woman is cut out to be a mother..Something like partially responsible? Haha.
That's a moot point.

@bolded... That's your opinion. Obviously, she believed otherwise.
You keep talking about how an academic position gives you the greatest liberty with respect to time. I find it funny because I happen to know a stay-at-home mom who has a terrible relationship with her children. Although quite unrelated to the issue at hand, it goes to show that spending all your time with your children doesn't make you capable of raising them well.

Yes! She placed her career above all...However, she regrets not doing a few things differently.

This sums it all up that she didn't necessarily have to choose. She just decided she was going to shut off the home front due to reasons best known to her and that validates same point we have been making all these while.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by viceddy95(m): 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2018
Don't worry madam,, u will know the usefulness of family around you at old age....
Your children are even replying ur messages after 2weeks and u are not happy. .....very soon they will b replying ur message every 2months then u will knw d importance of having family around. ...
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Atlantia(f): 12:44pm On Feb 22, 2018
naturalwaves:

This sums it all up that she didn't necessarily have to choose. She just decided she was going to shut off the home front due to reasons best known to her and that validates same point we have been making all these while.
It was nice talking to you. smiley

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by naturalwaves: 12:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
Atlantia:

It was nice talking to you. smiley

Enjoy the rest of your day.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bye and you too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Yhemit(m): 1:04pm On Feb 22, 2018
angels09:
At the twilight of her life.... She will seek tears but will not find it.

Don Corleone in the Godfather insists that a real man has and must spend time with his family. You can't be greater than your family. She's simply a failure..... She ought to go and learn from Professor Jumoke Afolayan at geography department faculty of the social sciences a UN consultant... Professor Mrs Garba economics department, Professor ....at IMRAT... Professor Mrs Pogoson political science department, Professor Mrs Adekanye...all erudite scholars and mama psychology all at the University of Ibadan Nigeria. Few universities can be as tasking as UI.

Dominique see profiles of married women scholars:
Bio
Dr. AIrene POGOSON who holds a B.A degree in History (1981) from the University of Ibadan, is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Political Science, University of Ibadan from where she obtained her masters and doctoral degrees in 1984 and 1994 respectively. She has also attended the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University and the Friedrich Ebert Foundation, New York, USA, Fall Academy for Young International Policy Analysts in 2008. She is the first female lecturer in the history of the Department of Political Science, University of Ibadan, Ibadan. Before joining the University of Ibadan in 2000, Dr. Pogoson worked with the Presidential Panel on Nigeria Since Independence History Project as Research Fellow and as Administrative Secretary between 1981 and 2000. Between 2005 and 2007 in Abuja, Dr. Pogoson was also a Policy Analyst on Governance with the Independent Policy Group, a UNDP/Soros Foundation
funded Policy Think – Tank for President Olusegun Obasanjo. Dr. Pogoson is a member of a number of learned societies and organizations including the African Association of Political Science (AAPS); Nigerian Political Science Association (NPSA), Nigerian Society of International Affairs (NSIA) and the Initiative for Women’s Studies in Nigeria (IWSN), among others. Since 2009, she has been on the Advisory Council of the Ibrahim Index of African Governance (IIAG) of the MO Ibrahim Foundation. She consults for a number of national and international agencies including Women Advocates’ Research and Documentation Center (WARDC), Initiative for Women’s Studies in Nigeria (IWSN), National Democratic Institute (NDI) , Centre for Democracy and Development CDD) , Action Aid Nigeria, USAID/Nigeria, and the Fredrich Erbert Stiftung. Dr. Pogoson research interests are in the following areas: Governance and Development; Gender and Women’s studies; International Politics and Nigeria’s foreign policy. She is well published internationally and locally and has many journal articles, chapters in books and monographs to her credit. She is widely travelled and has attended numerous international and local conferences.

wow..... I passed through this wonderful mummy in my part 3 in OAU..... she's from U.I back then. from my own view about her, she loves strong self-made ladies. taught me *feminism and many others

2 Likes

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by apatheticme(f): 1:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Jokerman(m): 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2018
trustyshoess:

LMAO it's not a matter of perspective. It is what it is. You can't change the meaning of a word to suit you smh

The dictionary was written by someone or a group of someones.....
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by orientation666: 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2018
apatheticme:

Not true! Caucasian females are typically known to dump or not even bother to have a family at all in favor of chasing career. Most white female doctors would not even bother to have kids. At least she has kids!
Caucasian kor, cucumber ni...
whats about Caucasian and white woman here now?
Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by Tollzara(m): 1:16pm On Feb 22, 2018
Atlantia:

She expressed regret at not having a tighter bond with her children. That alone goes to show that she's indeed remorseful. One does not have to come out point blank with an apology before you realise that such a person is sorry. I believe you know that much.

Refer to my previous comment. From what I could decipher...she's not saying she wouldn't have given up her career if she could turn back the hands of time. She's only saying that she would do right by her children.
Once again - Regret.
Regret? It didn't seem like something that deep to me:

"However, I think I trained my children to become very independent. That is one of the things that make me sad sometimes. My kids do not really need me around.

[.........]

I really brought up independent children. It has its disadvantages, but it allowed me a lot more in my career. It has its pluses and minuses."
Sounds more like saying, sometimes she feels sad that her children do not need her around, because she trained them to be "independent"----in a sense of talking about the impact it had on HER----but also adding that it's not that bad for her, because she benefited in her career (but, where is she now? What has she achieved? I know actual professors who have reached significant heights without having to neglect their children----because there was no need to)----not that she thinks it was really bad for her children, or it affected them in some way. To her, they're independent and okay; what makes her sad sometimes is that they do not need her around (she wants them to accept her and attach so much value even though she didn't do her duty), which comes off as not considering it "that serious", and downplaying the actual gravity of what she did. I've witnessed such way of treating children first hand, and I'm not discussing it in the abstract, so I know the kind of effect it can have on children. That's why I'm being so disapproving of her.

True.
She made a mistake by not fully considering the consequences of her actions.

My point exactly...There's no point calling her names and saying she's wrong or right to have done what she did.
I know I cannot make the kind of sacrifice she made..

I agree...We're all flawed.
That's right. Thanks. smiley

Exactly. She is passing a message.
For some, this would be a warning to always consider the consequences of our actions and our obligations and responsibilities before making certain decisions.

Unfortunately, we're quick to only see the bad side.
You're right. But she comes off as insensitive to how her action might have negatively affected her children, and that's what would attract people to the bad side.

But then, there's something about THE AMBIGUITY OF LANGUAGE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career by corpershun: 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
specter:

Wow your story is touching and sincerly I have met people like you where everyone does their thing, no one calls the father or mother. I can't do without calling my parents even as a married person, sometimes my dad calls me twice a day saying he just wants to hear my voice.
A friend once asked me if I was sick cos my parents were hugging and pecking me and it looked like a jamb question.
That was the day I realized and appreciated my parents for all the sacrifice.

It may look trival now but the family system is degenerating and individuals should be counselled on how to combine both marriage and career.
It is also not gender specific, I see more men suffering what this woman is suffering than women cos women are usually closer to the children. My spouse knows raising our children is a joint effort and God sparing our lives we won't disappoint them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JAMB: 72.2 Percent Scored Below 50% And 49,245 UTME Results Withheld / Arthur Eze On Track To Establish A University / Why Church Universities Are Expensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.