Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. (34342 Views)

Aminat Yusuf: LASU Best Student Takes Her Parents To Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Aminat Tajudeen, Ilorin Student Slumps, Dies During Lecture / Treasures Olawunmi Bayo To Break 113 Hours Reading Marathon World Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by FreeStuffsNG: 8:27pm On Jan 19
University of Lagos (UNILAG’s) overall best doctorate of Philosophy Ph.D student in Mathematics, Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi, has revealed how she experienced marital turbulence while pursuing her academic dreams.

Ige, who was cynosure of eyes during the 54th convocation ceremony held, on Thursday, disclosed how she suffered divorce and remarried during her academic voyage.

“On this Phd program, I got divorce, suffered depression, two armed robbery attacks, surgeries and several bouts of malaria. However, for every step backwards, I took three forwards recovery.”

“While the program was winding up, I started a mentorship community and the beautiful part of it all, while on the program I got married. This time around to the adorable man I think of. A man who supports my dreams and ambition,” she said.

The awardee narrated her ordeal, adding that she battled health challenges, but survived all during her pursuit of her Ph.D program, thanking her supervisors for their support.

“Well it was not all gloomy, while on the program. Amidst the trials with this nature of I no gree for failure, I started an NGO, and during these trying periods, my supervisor stood rightly by me,” she added.

However, she urged the federal government and state governments to support the education sector, calling for the proper welfare of university lecturers.

“It is not unpopular that university lecturers are poorly rewarded and students don’t want to like us when they grow up. I therefore appeal to president Bola Tinubu and governor of my state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu and other state governors to look into the state of their academics and bring us renewed hope.

“The private sector is not left out. They are the highest beneficiary of the products of our institutions,” she added.

Earlier, the Vice chancellor, UNILAG professor Folasade Ogunsola congratulated the graduated students, urging to be good example to the society and solve problems

“As you move to the outside world, I want you to see the problems of our country Nigeria as opportunities calling for creative solutions rather than disasters from which to run to richer climes and greener pastures
I encourage you to dream big to be innovators. you can be anything you want!

“Finally, it is your responsibility to continue to exhibit the qualities of character and knowledge,” she added.

https://dailytrust.com/i-divorced-remarried-during-my-programme-says-unilag-best-phd-thesis-awardee/

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by FreeStuffsNG: 8:27pm On Jan 19
“On this Phd program, I got divorce, suffered depression, two armed robbery attacks, surgeries and several bouts of malaria. However, for every step backwards, I took three forwards recovery.”

Congratulations to you Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi, PhD (LAGOS). In spite of all the difficult challenges you went through, you overcame and finshed in a grand way! You're truly a Champion and I celebrate you. Well done Omoluabi.

That you are married or divorced is not enough reason for you to abandon your study goals in life. Give it a shot please.

Shout out to every married student going through intense study at the moment and keeping their home, you are truly incredible. May God crown your effort with resounding success. Check my signature for free stuffs!

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by EreluRoz: 8:30pm On Jan 19
She tried sha. Strong woman

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by AntiWailer: 8:40pm On Jan 19
Congrats

2 Likes

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by tolufase: 8:51pm On Jan 19
Congratulations Dr Ige Aminat. Never give up in life until the end.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by atiku4President(m): 8:53pm On Jan 19
Congratulations on your academic achievement

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by talk2hb1(m): 8:57pm On Jan 19
So What Next?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by MuslimIgbo: 8:58pm On Jan 19
Issokay
Best in PhD is not like academic distinction anyways, it can fall anywhere...
You can sleep with your supervisor and others to get it...
You can marry your lecturer to get it...
If you know you know.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by Marvieduke(f): 9:32pm On Jan 19
You are indeed strong my sister......

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by Owaincouncil: 9:35pm On Jan 19
tolufase:
Congratulations Dr Ige Aminat. Never give up in life until the end.
Meaning. Make you no gree until you get there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by dedugbaa(m): 9:35pm On Jan 19
Congrats to her and all other graduates. It is not an easy task, plus she said in her speech she had Chemotherapy, a real Amazon indeed.

5 Likes

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by rolams(m): 9:36pm On Jan 19
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by AffiliatesMoney: 9:36pm On Jan 19
Okay. So, what example are you laying down now?

Our Women should follow your step?

9 Likes

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by tishbite43: 9:36pm On Jan 19
You should be ashamed of yourself
What's the meaning of this rubbish
What am I going to do with this info?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by femi4: 9:36pm On Jan 19
How does that relate to her academic prowess. You can be brilliant in academics but terrible with human relations

Unnecessary info

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by sylve11: 9:36pm On Jan 19
H n mm cool
Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:37pm On Jan 19
However, for every step backwards,
I took three forwards recovery.”
People like dem MANNA.
Women and men of calibre.

#KeepWalking

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by SAMBARRY: 9:37pm On Jan 19
Congratulations but you for no talk about your divorce na.all those bitter and envious nuisance go com here to pour out their frustration on you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by money121(m): 9:38pm On Jan 19
Congrat sister mi

Proudly Awori daughter

Omo Akesan Baale Oja

Awori lead others follow grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:38pm On Jan 19
tishbite43:
You should be ashamed of yourself
What's the meaning of this rubbish
What am I going to do with this info?
Make u shook am where it belongs......
Directly behind you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by 123yes(m): 9:39pm On Jan 19
Tr

1 Like

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by PrinceofSarcasm: 9:39pm On Jan 19
FreeStuffsNG:

Congratulations to you Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi, PhD (LAGOS). In spite of all the difficult challenges you went through, you overcame and finshed in a grand way! You're truly a Champion and I celebrate you. Well done Omoluabi.

That you are married or divorced is not enough reason for you to abandon your study goals in life. Give it a shot please.

Shout to every married student going through intense study at the moment and keeping their home, you are truly incredible. May God crown your effort with resounding success. Check my signature for free stuffs!

There is something about all your topics. I never like them they always seem like topics one sees on local TV or in a very cheap newspaper.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:40pm On Jan 19
SAMBARRY:
Congratulations but you for no talk about your divorce na.all those bitter and envious nuisance go com here to pour out their frustration on you
Na dem bitter and envious nuisances palava be dat.
All enemies of any good news in Nigeria can never see any good thing in life.

Mo be curse,
Na FACT.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by Ironbull: 9:43pm On Jan 19
See as she says it with pride as if she won global award.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by Samirana360(m): 9:43pm On Jan 19
U tried... So how were u able to divorce and remarry within a year.... Is there any thing u r not telling us

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by 123yes(m): 9:44pm On Jan 19
I love women with focus not these slay rubbish ladies disturbing us on-line every time.congratulaions Dr Ige!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. by Advancedman(m): 9:44pm On Jan 19
FreeStuffsNG:

https://dailytrust.com/i-divorced-remarried-during-my-programme-says-unilag-best-phd-thesis-awardee/

Such info should only be revealed in her published Book, or Autobiography.
She just did a free seminar worth millions of Dollars congratulations to 'her' erudite scholar.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2012/2013;lautech Admissions Status / JAMB Reveals Those Who Will Get Admission In 2017/2018 Session / Meet Akinyele Tobiloba, The Overall Best Graduating Student In FUNAAB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.