Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Trump, US Past Presidents Mourn Billy Graham - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trump, US Past Presidents Mourn Billy Graham (593 Views)

Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo / Billy Graham Dies At 99 / Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trump, US Past Presidents Mourn Billy Graham by PenPrince07: 6:12am On Feb 22, 2018
US President Donald Trump has joined millions across the globe to mourn popular televangelist Billy Graham who he described as an “American hero.”

Graham passed on on Wednesday at the age of 99.

And Trump in a statement on Wednesday described him as an “American hero.”

“Billy’s acceptance of Jesus Christ around his seventeenth birthday not only changed his life—it changed our country and the world,” it read.

“He was one of the towering figures of the last 100 years—an American hero whose life and leadership truly earned him the title “God’s Ambassador.”

“Billy’s unshakeable belief in the power of God’s word to transform hearts gave hope to all who listened to his simple message: “God loves you.” He carried this message around the world through his crusades, bringing entire generations to faith in Jesus Christ.”

Also, immediate past US President Barack Obama said the late cleric “gave hope and guidance to generations of Americans.”

In a tweet, Obama wrote that, “Billy Graham was a humble servant who prayed for so many – and who, with wisdom and grace, gave hope and guidance to generations of Americans.”

Similarly, a former US President Bill Clinton noted that Graham’s conviction and words touched many lives across the globe.

In a statement, Clinton said: “Hillary and I are saddened by the passing of our friend Billy Graham, one of the most important religious leaders in American history. His powerful words and the conviction they carried touched countless hearts and minds.”

He noted that, “Later as Governor, in the White House, and afterward, I saw him live that faith fully in the constant kindness, encouragement, and counsel he extended to Hillary and me.

“Billy has finished his long good race, leaving our world a better place and claiming his place in glory.”
https://www.concisenews.global/news/trump-us-past-presidents-mourn-billy-graham/

Re: Trump, US Past Presidents Mourn Billy Graham by Samusu(m): 6:14am On Feb 22, 2018
Billy Graham vs Ahmed Deedat. Let the debate continue
Re: Trump, US Past Presidents Mourn Billy Graham by enilove(m): 7:23am On Feb 22, 2018
Samusu:
Billy Graham vs Ahmed Deedat. Let the debate continue

There is no doubt about where Ahmed Deedat went to , he went to hell . But that is not important because many or majority of Christians would go to hell unless we repent and see this life beyond argumentatives. What the Muslims and we Christians need is nothing but prayers. We have a common enemy , the Satan.

Luke 13:1-5 KJV
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
[2] And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
[3] I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
[4] Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
[5] I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

I pray we don't perish , in Jesus' name.

(1) (Reply)

An Introduction To Personal Deliverance. / How To Deal With Witchcraft / Defending Your Rights Is Not Hate Speech, Says Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.