Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Mass Sack Looms At JAMB - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mass Sack Looms At JAMB (13323 Views)

Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers / Non-academic staff begin Protests, Fresh strike looms in Nigeria Universities / Fresh ASUU Strike Looms As Union Reviews Deal With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 22, 2018
Abeg sack them and employ capable hands

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by seanswitch(m): 10:44am On Feb 22, 2018
Oloyede is a trailblazer when it comes to administration. He has consistently showed that things can work. He built an enduring structure as Unilorin VC.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by CodedTobx(m): 10:45am On Feb 22, 2018
Sack them all and employ the jobless graduate
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by DJInfluence: 10:46am On Feb 22, 2018
Sack is not enough. They should be charged to court and jailed if found guilty.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by translux(m): 10:46am On Feb 22, 2018
The snake must be sack too.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by xcolanto(m): 10:50am On Feb 22, 2018
Sack that they would employ aboki and unqualified Fulani people from ogas at the top?
Who them sack help?
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by Austinoiz(m): 10:50am On Feb 22, 2018
Get them laid off. Prof Ishaq. Crooks have no business in our public institutions.
Funny enough, these stealing idiots are among those calling for the exit of PMB.
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by Tb222(m): 10:51am On Feb 22, 2018
sack dem all ,including my relatives who work there, sack the damn directors,the staffs right to the gateman,find the godamn snake,incarcerate it without bail,dig up the engineers who built that godammn safe,and charge them for incompetency,and for that alhaji sanni or whateva he is called .......
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by chigoziem10(f): 10:58am On Feb 22, 2018
I pray they will extend the sacking to Enugu where the agemates of my grand mum are computer operators, before they will register one person, I go long because they can see clearly again! You need to see their chairman, seeing is hard!
For crying out loud, we've young graduates of computer science that can manage those positions well not these analogue people!

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by Highbhee(m): 11:01am On Feb 22, 2018
dsm
ooth1 post=6527699 1:

hmm
m dis buhari gan naa waaa,,mor to b added to d unemployed population d pple d supos sack dem no go touch dem,,, hw do govt expect crime rate to reduce, wit no job,no food, no money
this is a Failed govt

This shows how delusional u are bruv...
U are now asking dem to b pardoned? In d name of increase in unemployment...and
Persons like you will still blame the gov... Office for shunning corrupt holders...

Hypocrisy on it verge...
P:s
Think twice bfr mislabeling me

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by hermosa7: 11:09am On Feb 22, 2018
I just thank God for this Buhari administration.
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by Mejor79(m): 11:26am On Feb 22, 2018
Sack them all but if you don't sack then your hand are not clean Prof.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by BABANGBALI: 11:30am On Feb 22, 2018
Sack them and get swallowed by their snakes

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by piagetskinner(m): 11:31am On Feb 22, 2018
at least those that are looking for jobs have an open opportunity
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by sirgalahad26(m): 11:33am On Feb 22, 2018
DLuciano:
Look at the JAMB motto on the logo carefully, is it suppose to be "INTERGRITY" or "INTEGRITY"? where was this logo gotten from that conducts firm English Language exams for several years
Dats very observant of you!
I DOn't think anyone has even bothered to examine the logo carefullygrin

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by Nackzy: 11:36am On Feb 22, 2018
Please sack them so that we can have chance to work also
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by arsenal33: 11:53am On Feb 22, 2018
aspirebig:
JAMB has been in news for the wrong reasons this past weeks ....

From snake swallowing #36m to sacking....

Obviously there is MASSIVE fraud in Jamb.....later we will hear that the remit Billions but in reality, alot of money have gone under quietly.

Because you are only looking for bad news.

Where were you when they remitted N5bn, as against the usual N3m.
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by aspirebig: 12:10pm On Feb 22, 2018
arsenal33:

Because you are only looking for bad news.

Where were you when they remitted N5bn, as against the usual N3m.

Is that why snake ate #36m?

Jamb never remitted 3m..ok...

How can Jamb remit 3m ? Do you know how many students buy jamb scratch card yearly?
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by ekpang4u(m): 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2018
There is deep seated corruption in all government agencies and parasatals. The rot is mind boggling

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by Thatitan234(m): 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2018
aspirebig:
JAMB has been in news for the wrong reasons this past weeks ....

From snake swallowing #36m to sacking....

Obviously there is MASSIVE fraud in Jamb.....later we will hear that the remit Billions but in reality, alot of money have gone under quietly.

Let me just explain what's is going on in brief.

JAMB now remits billions, in the past it wasn't so.
So the new management ordered an audit of all it's offices to find out why jamb hasn't been remitting money in previous years...and alas, series of fraud uncovered, especially from the sales of scratch cards in the years 2014-16.
The 36m snake swallowed was also part of proceeds from scratch card sales.

Read the news above to get more understanding.
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by Thatitan234(m): 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
aspirebig:

Is that why snake ate #36m?

Jamb never remitted 3m..ok...

How can Jamb remit 3m ? Do you know how many students buy jamb scratch card yearly?

Read the news above and you'll see that it is scratch card money that is missing.
Even the 36m snake ate was from scratch card money.

Since TSA and remita, everything became centralized and accountable
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by aspirebig: 12:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
Thatitan234:

Read the news above and you'll see that it is scratch card money that is missing.
Even the 36m snake ate was from scratch card money.

Since TSA and remita, everything became centralized and accountable

TSA..centralized. ...

Hahahah.... i laugh in Chinese...

No be somebody dey operate the TSA?

Massive fraud is still going on daily in the system...leave story....

Na today..

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by mikedimeji(m): 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2018
lekahm:

People keep saying strong institutions ! No be person go man the institution!

For i think it is more of the person, before oloyede in JAMB did u hear of anything like audit in JAMB.

If the oga at the top is bad there is likelihood that the whole body too will be bad!

Not in all cases. Strong institution is systemic. i.e what’s is 36Million doing in an office.
Why can’t we have a system where staff are not allowed to interfere with money. So u don’t necessarily need people to have strong institution. That’s why I still believe in the word of Jonathan “the best way to fight corruption is technology”. When people have less access to money and there’s checks and balances we will have less of of fraudulent cases like this. That’s why TSA and BVN is the best legacy from NOI
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by backspaced(f): 1:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
Elevantix Consulting Limited is recruiting on behalf of its client, a Food & Hospitality industry leader in Nigeria, to fill the following position:
Job Title: CFO/FC
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description:
 Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
 Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
 Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
 Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
 Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
 Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community, bankers and debt and equity funds.
 Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
The candidate must be a Chartered Accountant, with a total experience of at least 12-15 years and at least 3-5 years in a senior role.
Interested (and qualified only) candidates should apply to: recruiter@elevantix.com
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by mikedimeji(m): 1:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
aspirebig:

TSA..centralized. ...

Na today..
U can’t outrightly eradicate fraud from the system because as u are learning to tie someone else is learning how to untie. The more sophisticated u are the more someone is trying to learn new techniques to counter ur effort. But the truth is that In our contemporary Nigeria it will reduce every day fraud. We wil get there one day provided we keep doing things right
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by Assassin101: 2:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
meanwhile the N36M rich snake is crawling freely

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2018
mikedimeji:

Not in all cases. Strong institution is systemic. i.e what’s is 36Million doing in an office.
Why can’t we have a system where staff are not allowed to interfere with money. So u don’t necessarily need people to have strong institution. That’s why I still believe in the word of Jonathan “the best way to fight corruption is technology”. When people have less access to money and there’s checks and balances we will have less of of fraudulent cases like this. That’s why TSA and BVN is the best legacy from NOI
You obviously didn't read the full story of the snake, the 36 million was supposed to be proceeds of sales of scratch cards! The clerk was not able to account for the money. As for inteference with money that is why govt is now implementing TSA which Jonathan introduced.

My point is individuals will still as a way of influencing things around him/her. We only need to re-orient oursleves, thinking and desires.
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by mikedimeji(m): 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
lekahm:

You obviously didn't read the full story of the snake, the 36 million was supposed to be proceeds of sales of scratch cards! The clerk was not able to account for the money. As for inteference with money that is why govt is now implementing TSA which Jonathan introduced.

My point is individuals will still as a way of influencing things around him/her. We only need to re-orient oursleves, thinking and desires.

Well said
Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by EternalTruth: 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
ManirBK:
Jamb on the brink sack them all General
buhari now in scorpion's voice. get over here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack Looms At JAMB by Thatitan234(m): 11:13am On Feb 23, 2018
aspirebig:

TSA..centralized. ...

Na today..

Guy man, no shift goalpost abeg. No be thst one we dey talk.

The fraud ongoing is a talk for another day. All im pointing out now is that the audit is for the scratch card era.

Abeg make person die first before una put am for sand.
Cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Announces January 18 Resumption Date For Schools / Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN / WAEC Mass Failure And Recipe For Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.