Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs (8119 Views)

GE Nigeria (oil & Gas)graduate Management Trainee Program (PMLP) 2020 / Jobs At Dangote, Nigeria Navy,airtel, Nigerian Bottling Company & GE - Apply Now / Share Your Experiences With GE Nigeria.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by nex(m): 7:15am On Feb 22, 2018
The fifth edition of General Electric’s (GE) advanced manufacturing skills training program for entrepreneurs, the GE Lagos Garage, is scheduled to take off in Lagos, Nigeria on the 6th of March, 2018. Apply now to be part of young Nigerians to be trained for free.

This four-week program is dedicated to accelerating the impact of Nigeria’s most promising entrepreneurs through the utilization of advanced manufacturing technologies. Selected participants will be granted access to a variety of world-class instructors, top-notch investors, technical experts and partners, and learn how to create products using cutting-edge manufacturing technology.

GE created the Garages program in 2012 to reinvigorate America’s interest in invention, innovation, and manufacturing. In 2014, Garages went global with four weeks of intensive workshops at GE’s offices in Lagos, Nigeria, using the latest in advanced manufacturing technologies. 3D printers, CNC mills, and laser cutters.

In December 2016, GE Nigeria launched a permanent installation of the Lagos Garage, a hub for training, strategy development, advanced manufacturing-based innovation and collaboration.

So far, four cohorts of 95 entrepreneurs have gone through the program. During this period, several viable micro and small business enterprises have been birthed and are thriving as a result of training and support received during the Garage training program.

During this fifth iteration of the Garage program, participants will be trained in the latest advanced manufacturing technologies and techniques to enable innovation through rapid prototyping. They will also learn to apply the core principles of design thinking, product development, finance, marketing, sales, and customer acquisition in real-time to their ventures.

Finally, the Garage will also provide participants with unfettered access to an expanding network of dedicated mentors and alumni to support them in starting and scaling their companies, and in building a culture of collaboration and innovation to bring their most innovative ideas to life.

Interested entrepreneurs can apply for the free program at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScb-6mvI--fRTMS264Jjzi8ncTsX2VuBvZDZEaNSRNpqbhdTw/viewform?usp=sf_link

SOURCE: http://www.barbaric.com.ng/apply-fifth-edition-ge-lagos-garage-skills-training-program-entrepreneurs-lagos-nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by smokedfish: 7:44am On Feb 22, 2018
FTC after how many decades

grin grin grin
Who suppose pay me for this achievement?
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by Eazi1(m): 7:44am On Feb 22, 2018
ayam nt intrested.....who is?
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by afbstrategies: 7:44am On Feb 22, 2018
Thanks
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by CharlieMaria(m): 7:44am On Feb 22, 2018
Applying...
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by ibkgab001: 7:44am On Feb 22, 2018
The world is moving faster than expected
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by simplemach(m): 7:44am On Feb 22, 2018
Hmmmmmm

You go fear packaging, na mechanics and agbero dem don make the name is sweet like this o!
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by akeentech(m): 7:47am On Feb 22, 2018
simplemach:
Hmmmmmm

You go fear packaging, na mechanics and agbero dem don make the name is sweek like this o!
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by Donald3d(m): 7:52am On Feb 22, 2018
simplemach:
Hmmmmmm

You go fear packaging, na mechanics and agbero dem don make the name is sweet like this o!
Without engineers you won't even have a phone to type what you just typed sir .
I am proud to be an engineer (elect) and a programmer .
Two professions without which you and everybody else would still be in the stone age .
wink

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by Olawalesadiq(m): 7:54am On Feb 22, 2018
k
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by simplemach(m): 7:55am On Feb 22, 2018
Donald3d:

Two professions without which you and everybody else would still be in the ston age .
wink
And how does this relate to my message sir professor?
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by Alejoas(m): 7:55am On Feb 22, 2018
Thanks for sharing Sir!
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by Donald3d(m): 7:57am On Feb 22, 2018
simplemach:

And how does this relate to my message sir professor?
Your description was condescending, so I just gave a quick break down .
Have a nice day sir wink
Peace

1 Like

Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by gunuvi(m): 8:01am On Feb 22, 2018
Will they provide hostel, just for us who don't live in lagos
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by jboixxx: 8:06am On Feb 22, 2018
gunuvi:
If you're really interested in that program, you'll need to get yourself an accomodation. The program is free na.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 22, 2018
Donald3d:

Two professions without which you and everybody else would still be in the stone age .
wink

what is dis one saying? u just sounded like other professions are way behind engineering.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by nex(m): 8:19am On Feb 22, 2018
gunuvi:

No hostel or accommodation provisions.
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by jesicajonna(m): 8:25am On Feb 22, 2018
Oyinbo too much...abeg free me joor cool
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by nex(m): 8:29am On Feb 22, 2018
simplemach:
Hmmmmmm

The session I attended throughout June 2017 had some of the brightest young architects, engineers, designers, and inventors. You will not meet one single "agbero" at the GE Lagos Garage. You will meet a few mechanical engineers, and they are not the roadside type of mechanics, but some of the top minds from Nigerian and foreign universities who have plans of making their own cars.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by sunbbo(m): 8:40am On Feb 22, 2018
Good.
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by OkunrinMeta: 8:43am On Feb 22, 2018
gunuvi:

Come and share my apartment for 4 weeks if you don't have family or friends in Lagos
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by gunuvi(m): 8:45am On Feb 22, 2018
OkunrinMeta:

Come and share my apartment for 4 weeks if you don't have family or friends in Lagos
are you sure bro
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by OkunrinMeta: 8:50am On Feb 22, 2018
gunuvi:
are you sure bro

Get invited first, then contact me. If GE accepts to train you, no wahala again .
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by fajob: 8:53am On Feb 22, 2018
ok
nex:
The fifth edition of General Electric’s (GE) advanced manufacturing skills training program for entrepreneurs, the GE Lagos Garage, is scheduled to take off in Lagos, Nigeria on the 6th of March, 2018. Apply now to be part of young Nigerians to be trained for free.

This four-week program is dedicated to accelerating the impact of Nigeria’s most promising entrepreneurs through the utilization of advanced manufacturing technologies. Selected participants will be granted access to a variety of world-class instructors, top-notch investors, technical experts and partners, and learn how to create products using cutting-edge manufacturing technology.

GE created the Garages program in 2012 to reinvigorate America’s interest in invention, innovation, and manufacturing. In 2014, Garages went global with four weeks of intensive workshops at GE’s offices in Lagos, Nigeria, using the latest in advanced manufacturing technologies. 3D printers, CNC mills, and laser cutters.

In December 2016, GE Nigeria launched a permanent installation of the Lagos Garage, a hub for training, strategy development, advanced manufacturing-based innovation and collaboration.

So far, four cohorts of 95 entrepreneurs have gone through the program. During this period, several viable micro and small business enterprises have been birthed and are thriving as a result of training and support received during the Garage training program.

During this fifth iteration of the Garage program, participants will be trained in the latest advanced manufacturing technologies and techniques to enable innovation through rapid prototyping. They will also learn to apply the core principles of design thinking, product development, finance, marketing, sales, and customer acquisition in real-time to their ventures.

Finally, the Garage will also provide participants with unfettered access to an expanding network of dedicated mentors and alumni to support them in starting and scaling their companies, and in building a culture of collaboration and innovation to bring their most innovative ideas to life.

Interested entrepreneurs can apply for the free program at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScb-6mvI--fRTMS264Jjzi8ncTsX2VuBvZDZEaNSRNpqbhdTw/viewform?usp=sf_link

SOURCE: http://www.barbaric.com.ng/apply-fifth-edition-ge-lagos-garage-skills-training-program-entrepreneurs-lagos-nigeria
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by Donald3d(m): 8:57am On Feb 22, 2018
Jozibrainz99:

what is dis one saying? u just sounded like other professions are way behind engineering.
I really don't want to go into a long and unnessecary argument sir, because it won't end ..
Besides I never said anything about engineering being the best .
But if we are to be honest with ourselves, apart from medicine(doctors) and teaching, I really can't pin point any other profession that can do without engineering or boast of being as important as engineering as a whole.Even medicine would be in the stone age without engineering.
You can pass your message without calling me "this one", sir smiley

1 Like

Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by gunuvi(m): 8:57am On Feb 22, 2018
OkunrinMeta:

Get invited first, then contact me. If GE accepts to train you, no wahala again .
thanks bro
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by jboixxx: 8:58am On Feb 22, 2018
This is where I expect our youths, MSMEs and technology enthusiasts to channel their resources to. In this age of technological advancements, technologies that help manufacturers in overcoming the limitations of conventional technology, like customisation, intricate design production, prototyping, frequent design changeover, rapid processing of designs, reduced unit cost of production and many more is the way to go. Technologies like 3D printing/Additive Manufacturing, CNC machining, Automation, Internet of Things, Mechatronics etc.

For our SMEs to be globally competitive and produce quality products, maximise profits, have a quick response to customer demand and all that, this is the way to go. This is what MSMEs in Singapore, Malaysia, India, South Africa, and other developing countries are taking advantage of, so, Nigeria(ns) shouldn't be left out.

there's nowhere to learn Advanced Manufacturing Technologies (AMT) in Nigeria better than GE Garage, a world renowned AMT promoter (the training is even said to be for free) and AMTP/NASENI (a govt establishment under Ministry of Science and Technology).

So, don't miss out this great opportunity. If you're really that constrained this time, plan for (the 2nd session later this year)next year's session.
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by Prestige2050: 9:11am On Feb 22, 2018
OkunrinMeta:

I go like join this team sir. I dey abj
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by nathanccr(m): 9:57am On Feb 22, 2018
Iyen na nice
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by OkunrinMeta: 10:37am On Feb 22, 2018
Prestige2050:
I go like join this team sir. I dey abj

Lol. Na small apartment but let me know if you get in.
Re: Apply For 5th GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program For Entrepreneurs by Asanwaa: 11:42am On Feb 22, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Prepare For A Job Right After School / Fosad Consulting Job Post / FRSC Recruitment Mail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.