Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? (9853 Views)

Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral / Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest / The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
The sole reason of posting this topic is due to my recent experience during my job hunting.

Nairalanders do you know that all the companies i went to submit my c.v is manned by a woman as their receptionist.

The painful thing is that some of them are rude.

These corporate policy is prejudice because we have many women in the army fighting alongside their male colleagues as combatants so why the policy of only female receptionist.

11 Likes

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by bluntolumide(m): 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2018
simple, they are far more attractive than men....

they don't want someone with deep voice.and ever serious face that would scare away Customers grin

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2018
bluntolumide:
simple, they are far more attractive than men....

they don't want someone with deep voice.and ever serious face that would scare away Customers grin
I see,thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by okachie1(m): 4:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
Because women influences decision. Men aren't cut out for such. Men are visual creatures!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by LastSurvivor11: 6:56am On Feb 23, 2018
Appealing nature..
Welcoming smiles..
More comfortable with females..

But most especially, most of them can't do technical jobs so we left those "introductory" jobs for them..

Btw I feel more comfortable with female waitress/receptionists than male ones..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Chivasex: 6:56am On Feb 23, 2018
women naturally draw attention and of course the target audience (men) grin grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Peterpanny: 6:57am On Feb 23, 2018
ok you want to know right alright i will tell you,is because the ogas can use them to ease their conji off.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by SenselessIdiot: 6:58am On Feb 23, 2018
How're you going to feel as a man working as a receptionist? Do you even have sense at all.
Looks more odd than a guy working as a nurse.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by ZombieBuster: 6:58am On Feb 23, 2018
It's a job that suits the female gender

I bet you there are jobs out there that females don't excel in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 23, 2018
Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by dust144(m): 6:59am On Feb 23, 2018
Why?
Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by pweshdodo(m): 6:59am On Feb 23, 2018
Because some girls can smile for africa grin thus,the are much more attractive than men [b][/b]
You know what I mean grin
Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Jackdaniels16(m): 7:00am On Feb 23, 2018
Dis question b lyk u asking... Y do we eat rice with stew? ;DDi

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Rosamaria1: 7:00am On Feb 23, 2018
Dd
Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by smartec: 7:00am On Feb 23, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Jayclinics(m): 7:01am On Feb 23, 2018
Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by ucheemmadu18(m): 7:02am On Feb 23, 2018
why do Julius Berger work meant for Men

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by timwudz(m): 7:02am On Feb 23, 2018
Op which one will u pick? EBA or fried rice? man and woman
Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by symbianDON(m): 7:02am On Feb 23, 2018
ok....just imagine you have to choose between pounded yam and egusi soup laced with dry fish and chicken AND eba and okro soup laced with iced fish head.....which will you choose? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by GuntersChain(m): 7:03am On Feb 23, 2018
it is simple, open a store and put a beautiful girl there, then another and put a man there. then check out the one that will attract more customer. positive and positive do not attract but positive and negative.

13 Likes

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Pavore9: 7:03am On Feb 23, 2018
Females have softening presence.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by whizbee(m): 7:05am On Feb 23, 2018
So this is the reason why my 50kb just went off?..

6 Likes

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by GraGra247(m): 7:11am On Feb 23, 2018
Same reason why heavy duty, heavy task, rigor demanding duties in an establishment are handed to the men.

Now feminists in America and the west are demanding equal pay with the men that are assigned to do the heavier and more rigorous tasks and America in their usual "mumuness" towards every "garbage" rights women demand are paying attention.

In every establishment in the western world and world over women are understably treated with some level of tenderness and men are handled tough. Most rough and difficult tasks that are considered unladylike and inconveniencing to the women are handed to the men without hesitation.

If a woman sneezes and claims to be ill she's "more likely" to get sympathy and a permit to stay off work than a man.

If a woman so much as smiles for her boss everyday and buys him a nice gift, she's very likely going to get a double promotion with goodies and an exotic weekend in Paris. No man gets that easy privilege.

So many of such factors exist in every work place environment for women that aren't available to men.

Yet the men aren't complaining but feminists want equal pay with their male counterparts that bear the brunt and don't get these soft privileges.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by tpapi: 7:13am On Feb 23, 2018
just put a male as ur receptionist, ur company wil fold up within months

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Baawaa(m): 7:14am On Feb 23, 2018
Because they are meant for kitchen and other room,says PMB grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Egein(m): 7:15am On Feb 23, 2018
Softness, it is.
I don't want to walk into your office after a tough day in Lagos traffic and sun, and still be ungreeted by the hard, bearded, dark, unsmiling face of the equally-frustrated Nigerian male.

12 Likes

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 23, 2018
Because sex is part of thier KPI. Can a guy ferk Shout out to my ex boss who i mistakenly caught knacking our sexy seke. I laf when seke posts jesus and daily mana quotes on FB grin

11 Likes

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 23, 2018
GuntersChain:
it is simple, open a store and put a beautiful girl there, then another and put a man there. then check out the one that will attract more customer. positive and positive do not attract but positive and negative.
Nice illustration!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Vince77(m): 7:25am On Feb 23, 2018
yeyerolling:
Because sex is part of thier KPI. Can a guy ferk Shout out to my ex boss who i mistakenly caught knacking our sexy seke. I laf when seke posts jesus and daily mana quotes on FB grin

She go post daily manner for una for FB but na Oga office she dey collect her own daily manner grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 23, 2018
I think it's because we feel females attract customers they are more calm, jovial, soft and meek.

but you put a man there especially when his salary is 10k and he played bet 9ja with 7k on the 5th of the new month now how will that kind of human being tolerate his fellow humans......guys don't have time to sit all day in the name of work. and above all there is high probability of a guy stealing than a girl
Re: Why Is The Receptionists Job Only Meant For Females? by dammieco(m): 7:28am On Feb 23, 2018
Not just for females but BEAUTIFUL FEMALES

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Teacher Epp - By Kazrem / Define Your Career Life With One Word - See Funny Answers. / YES! ENTREPRENEURSHIP Is Overrated In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.