Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes (37898 Views)

Two Snakes Crawling At My Backyard / People Killed In Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire Outbreak (Graphic Photos) / Two Long Snakes Electrocuted In Iju Ishaga, Lagos (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by 3millionia: 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
angryK
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
ayatt:
աɦɛʀɛ ɨs tɦɛ sռaҡɛ ʍastɛʀ?

Lala haf come. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by youngds: 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
undecided That Valeev no get sense at all..
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by dasphinx1(m): 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2018
Damn these slithering reptiles angry
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by justiniyke29: 1:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
lala
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by MrHighSea: 1:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
S n L
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by MrHighSea: 1:30pm On Feb 25, 2018
L n S
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by sirgalahad26(m): 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
cant believe i read this to the end!...seems i'm overcoming my phobia for snakes!

.....thought i'll see the snake that swallowed #36milliongringringrin

1 Like

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by PrettySleek(f): 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
Chai! As I was scrolling I made sure I didn't touch any of the pictures! I dey fear snake! Who send me? I be no wan open this topic o embarassed cry
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Octaves(m): 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
some of the deaths are just as a result of extreme oyibo stupidity
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by davidbanner(m): 1:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
Wade Westbrook
A 26-year-old Tennessee man named Wade Westbrook had an odd fascination with snakes . His mother had said that he was once bitten after picking up a copperhead and had survived after getting the antivenom.

In January 2011, a friend brought a venomous copperhead snake to Wade’s home. The police don’t believe that this man was keeping the snake as an illegal pet, although snakes normally hibernate in the winter.
The friend wanted to know the snake’s gender, and Wade was the local “snake expert.” In Tennessee, even transporting a snake requires a permit, so everything about this exchange was ill-advised.

Not surprisingly, the snake bit Wade. Instead of calling 911, he attempted to extract the venom from the bite. But Wade passed out. Scared and unsure of what to do next, the friend didn’t call an ambulance until Wade had been unconscious for 10 minutes and it was clear that his DIY antivenom had failed.
Wade died before he could reach the
hospital .

You got all these from listverse.com

.well done
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by MAJORBANKZ(m): 1:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
i hate snake with every ounce in me.
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by thedondada(m): 1:34pm On Feb 25, 2018
Octaves:
some of the deaths are just as a result of extreme oyibo stupidity

Agreed.

Even my lil nephew of 4yra knew to run and call for help when he saw a snake in the compound.

Then a grown ass man will pick up a snake to show his kids. Smh

Maybe villages are also in oyibo land. And the village people know thier jobs

3 Likes

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Shroud: 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
Why do I have this feeling that like mosquito bites, white people have very little immunity to snake bites.

30 minutes for death after a vernomous bite?

Never been beaten by a snake, but have over 3 friends who have and they survived long hours before using native concoction treatment.
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by lawrenzo007(m): 1:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
I have been drinking water on this topic... quit interesting

1 Like

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Rollins777(m): 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
Them leave money when dem go swallow like their Nigerian snake.shhhh
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by xdos(m): 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
I wasnt expecting to see a Nigerian die from Snake bite unless it is a village call.
We are not that stupid to keep snakes in the house. Did someone just say Buratai.... Check history, he may not be a Nigerian.
Nigerians and snakes are worst enemies. We dont thread same path let alone keep them in the house. Once a Nigerian see a snake, the first unconscious thing he does is to look for stone, matchet, stick or RUN!
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by panpan(m): 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2018
Except for the last 2 stories, they were all cases of "trouble dey sleep, yanga go wake am". However, there are some people who by virtue of their profession, have to deal with snakes.
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by naturefellow(m): 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
Karl P. Schmidt
Karl P. Schmidt was working as a
herpetologist (snake expert) at the Chicago Natural History Museum in 1957. An employee from the Lincoln Park Zoo brought Schmidt a green snake that no one could identify with any of their books, so they needed an expert opinion.

Schmidt had discovered new species of snakes before, so he was excited about the possibility that they had found another new creature. While he was examining the snake, it bit him. He quickly realized that it was a venomous boomslang snake.

At the time, boomslang antivenom was only available in Africa, so he knew that he was destined to die. Instead of going to the hospital, Schmidt took the academic approach. He wrote down all his symptoms until the moment he died. Due to his documentation, future herpetologists knew every excruciating detail about how the venom made him bleed from nearly every part of his body
This on died a hero. May he rest in the bossom of the Lord for his selflessness!!!
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by livebynite: 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
How does this reduce the cost of Garri? angry
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Antichristus: 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
You really don't know what lurks behind your neighbour's doors. The other day a 14ft African Rock python, which reportedly has not been fed for a month, escaped and slithered into the vents and plumbing of a block of new flats in Exeter - leaving residents terrified for their safety.
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by nams77: 2:11pm On Feb 25, 2018
Heaven can bear me witness that anytime I see any of these creepy basterds, that will be their end. Of close to ten encounters, only two got away alive
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Originalsly: 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
ogbiwa:
Bad way to go. Though I feel little pity for those ones that will see a venomous snake and 'bend down to pick it up' as if it was a toy. How much more stupid can some people be? Just smh
Bro.... the guy didn't know it was venemous. ... but TV has made sooo many to really believe that wild animals period are not dangerous...they are all like pets. I'm almost sure he never thought for a moment the snake would bite him...and am almost sure he was taking it for his kids to play ...and have a wonderful experience!

1 Like

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
These ones dey bite people..Our own dey swallow money

1 Like

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Donjazzy12(m): 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
Arslan Valeev
A young Russian man named Arslan Valeev worked as a zookeeper. In 2017, he accused his wife, Katya, of cheating on him and beat her so badly that she had a concussion. She left him immediately, filed for a divorce, and refused to answer his phone calls.

In a desperate last-ditch attempt to get her attention, Valeev started filming live streams on his YouTube channel, saying how sorry he was for beating Katya. In his very last live stream, he said that he would rather die than live without her.

He held up a black mamba snake, allowed it to bite his finger, and showed the bloody bite with tears in his eyes. He gave out Katya’s phone number, encouraging viewers to reach out to her so that she could come to his house to see him one last time.

He tried to stand up to reach for something in the room, but the venom took hold of his body faster than he had anticipated. His eyes rolled back, and his death was broadcast live.
No one called his ex. Only one viewer called an ambulance for Valeev. By the time the medics arrived, it was too late. According to one of his friends, Valeev didn’t plan to commit suicide. He had the antivenom on hand and was just trying to pull a dramatic stunt to trick Katya into showing up. Clearly, it backfired.

http://listverse.com/2018/02/21/10-horrifying-stories-of-people-killed-by-snakes/
Some men are completely worthless! So nobody could help make the call to save his life? If it was a woman that was bitten by a snake and put us such a stunt watch the worthless fools falling over themselves to call!

1 Like

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by tosyne2much(m): 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
This Lalasticlala sef
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by LZAA: 2:30pm On Feb 25, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
Arslan Valeev
A young Russian man named Arslan Valeev worked as a zookeeper. In 2017, he accused his wife, Katya, of cheating on him and beat her so badly that she had a concussion. She left him immediately, filed for a divorce, and refused to answer his phone calls.

In a desperate last-ditch attempt to get her attention, Valeev started filming live streams on his YouTube channel, saying how sorry he was for beating Katya. In his very last live stream, he said that he would rather die than live without her.

He held up a black mamba snake, allowed it to bite his finger, and showed the bloody bite with tears in his eyes. He gave out Katya’s phone number, encouraging viewers to reach out to her so that she could come to his house to see him one last time.

He tried to stand up to reach for something in the room, but the venom took hold of his body faster than he had anticipated. His eyes rolled back, and his death was broadcast live.
No one called his ex. Only one viewer called an ambulance for Valeev. By the time the medics arrived, it was too late. According to one of his friends, Valeev didn’t plan to commit suicide. He had the antivenom on hand and was just trying to pull a dramatic stunt to trick Katya into showing up. Clearly, it backfired.

http://listverse.com/2018/02/21/10-horrifying-stories-of-people-killed-by-snakes/
lala viewing the thread like grin

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by millyj(f): 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
I hate snakes
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Kalashnikov102(m): 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
All this oyibo wee be playing with snake uppandan when them no get jazz
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by xmanco42: 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2018
How do people manage to sleep at night when you know their is venomous snake in your house. see dog cat bird person no see na snake him d use as pet. HISSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by asawanathegreat(m): 2:42pm On Feb 25, 2018
Efcc will investigate those snakes if they have money in their stomach

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

URGENT - Please Have You Seen These Missing Guys? / Long & Big Python Killed And Butchered For Meat (Photos) / Meet Vera Biayeibo, Widow Who Produces & Sells Soaps To Cater For Her Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.