Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes (37897 Views)

Two Snakes Crawling At My Backyard / People Killed In Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire Outbreak (Graphic Photos) / Two Long Snakes Electrocuted In Iju Ishaga, Lagos (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by harriet412(f): 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2018
Karl P Schmidt, an hero he was!!! cry
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by hope567: 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
y on earth will someone keep snakes as pet? some of these white men dem no get sense at alllll..... that's y I trust African men....by now all those snakes for become story for the gods inside pot of hot pepper soup tongue
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Odey1997(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2018
And later they wonder why generally we blacks HATE these poisonous serpents
Why won't we marely looking at it alone am scared already
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Megalodonus: 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2018
Base on all this stories, the majority of mugus reside in the US.

1 Like

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by ceononi: 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
Arslan Valeev
A young Russian man named Arslan Valeev worked as a zookeeper. In 2017, he accused his wife, Katya, of cheating on him and beat her so badly that she had a concussion. She left him immediately, filed for a divorce, and refused to answer his phone calls.

In a desperate last-ditch attempt to get her attention, Valeev started filming live streams on his YouTube channel, saying how sorry he was for beating Katya. In his very last live stream, he said that he would rather die than live without her.

He held up a black mamba snake, allowed it to bite his finger, and showed the bloody bite with tears in his eyes. He gave out Katya’s phone number, encouraging viewers to reach out to her so that she could come to his house to see him one last time.

He tried to stand up to reach for something in the room, but the venom took hold of his body faster than he had anticipated. His eyes rolled back, and his death was broadcast live.
No one called his ex. Only one viewer called an ambulance for Valeev. By the time the medics arrived, it was too late. According to one of his friends, Valeev didn’t plan to commit suicide. He had the antivenom on hand and was just trying to pull a dramatic stunt to trick Katya into showing up. Clearly, it backfired.

http://listverse.com/2018/02/21/10-horrifying-stories-of-people-killed-by-snakes/
I hope you know how many 10 is....

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by redsun(m): 4:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
Nigerian snakes needs documenting and profiling to be able to preserve them for future generations and maximise their potentials. Every creature, except man is essential for the sustenance of the earth.

1 Like

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by eki2000(m): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
kingzjay:
Not surprised though!
If snakes could swallow millions in Nigeria, talkless of killing human beings.
Uwa afid!
mbôr itìoñ dô
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Henri8: 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
See why we kill snakes in Nigeria?
No time for stories.
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
Originalsly:
Bro.... the guy didn't know it was venemous. ... but TV has made sooo many to really believe that wild animals period are not dangerous...they are all like pets. I'm almost sure he never thought for a moment the snake would bite him...and am almost sure he was taking it for his kids to play ...and have a wonderful experience!
He was taking a snake to his Kids so they could play with it? A snake! Why in the world would anyone want to take a snake to his or her kids? I mean, of all things, a snake? Worse, He didn't even know if it was venomous or not, yet He wanted to take it to his Kids.
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Kylekent59: 6:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
That green snake boomslang of a thing, I have been seeing this type of snake during those days of my schooling. They are the wisest snake,very cautious. Once you make a move they are gone.

Any snake that has a cat eye is a poisnous snake and the once with a rattle. Also zig-zag and diamond pattern also.

Take a look at the pic again abd observe they all have a cat eye type of eyes.

I have killed upto 4 snakes so far out of 10 I had seen.

Please and please if you see black snakes or brown one's please dnt go closer. Those black ones can spit reaching 7 feet.

Finally,it is better for snakes to be swallowing our money here in Nigeria to killing and biting people grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Tomoyayi(m): 6:20pm On Feb 25, 2018
ogbiwa:
Bad way to go. Though I feel little pity for those ones that will see a Venomous snake and 'bend down to pick it up' as if it was a toy. How much more stupid can some people be? Just smh

1 Like

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Kylekent59: 6:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
[quote author=Tomoyayi post=65364766][/quote]
That is how the whites behave. Didn't you read where it was written that you must have a license before you can transport a snake.

The whites give every living things a chance of their own to live in order to balance the Ecosystem
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Tomoyayi(m): 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
Kylekent59:

That is how the whites behave. Didn't you read where it was written that you must have a license before you can transport a snake.

The whites give every living things a chance of their own to live in order to balance the Ecosystem

All snakes should be avoided because there is no way to know if it's venomous or not.
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
All These Oyibo Snakes Are Learning Ooo.None Of Them Can Even Swallow Money
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by VolvoS60(m): 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
undecided

Surprising how some posters are mocking 'oyibo stupidity' as the cause of death in some of the mishaps listed by the OP.

Sometimes when you don't know, you just don't know.

The forest cobra is one of the most common snakes in Nigeria. It can be identified by its hood and the yellow striations and markings on its underbelly and other body parts. It is a good swimmer and climber and unfortunately, it routinely finds its way into human habitats. That's why so many of them are killed by humans.

However, it is still a deadly snake that becomes highly aggressive when threatened or cornered. Not to be trifled with at all. And yet some Nigerians don't know it is a venomous snake or how to handle it. I still remember the shock i felt on seeing pictures on a thread here (https://www.nairaland.com/3502796/snake-killed-mouau-fish-farm)where Nigerian students were basically fooling around with a dead forest cobra (with the head still intact). sad They were unaware that the bite reflex of some snakes is still active even after they are 'dead' undecided. Some snakes have been known to bite through their own lower jaws long after 'death'.

Snakes should be treated with respect. The inexperienced should stay out of their way and avoid contact and they'll be fine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by ogbiwa: 7:50am On Feb 26, 2018
Originalsly:
Bro.... the guy didn't know it was venemous. ... but TV has made sooo many to really believe that wild animals period are not dangerous...they are all like pets. I'm almost sure he never thought for a moment the snake would bite him...and am almost sure he was taking it for his kids to play ...and have a wonderful experience!

Check the story again. He bent to pick a snake without any idea what specie of snake it was. That sound wise to you?
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Originalsly: 8:17am On Feb 26, 2018
ogbiwa:

Check the story again. He bent to pick a snake without any idea what specie of snake it was. That sound wise to you?
Check my comment again.... it's about how ignorance not wisdom.
Re: 10 Horrifying Stories Of People Killed By Snakes by Blonchilli(m): 1:26am On Feb 27, 2018
RoyalBlak007 the American Pastor in Texas that uses a rattle snake to preach while dancing and was biting to death should be on your list
Btw Karl was just brilliant. Died honorably

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

URGENT - Please Have You Seen These Missing Guys? / Long & Big Python Killed And Butchered For Meat (Photos) / Meet Vera Biayeibo, Widow Who Produces & Sells Soaps To Cater For Her Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.