Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

No To Average - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / No To Average (310 Views)

See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries / Why Smart Work Minus Talent Equals An Average Career / The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No To Average by Paulline: 11:33pm On Feb 22, 2018
Digest: As A Software Developer, Is It Bad If I Just Want To Stay Average, Get The Pay Cheque And Enjoy My Life After Work?

I’ll tell you a story. This story is about a developer I worked with a long time ago. Let’s call him Peter.

Peter and I used to be developers of this specific Database and Language system called “FileMaker”. We weren’t true software developers, in the Comp Sci sense, but we had a lot of similar skills.

Peter has a wife, kids (quite a few), and a happy little job with me up in Chicago. It was a good life for us both. The whole company ran off this system, and while it had its stressful moments, it was a pretty sweet gig. We could clock out and go home, and we each had our own lives.

One day the company we worked for decided to try something truly innovative in the industry. Unfortunately, our skills weren’t a good match for that. So they brought in a VB6 guy (this was before .NET) and asked if we could help...

Click link below to read more:

https://drifternews..it/2018/02/digest-as-software-developer-is-it-bad_22.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Dapchi Girls: Army And Police Fight Dirty To Shift Blame / Your Guide To Branding Yourself As An Author / SALES /MARKETING JOB Do You Know Anyone That Needs Electrical Materials For Thei

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.