Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote (11350 Views)

Biggest Mess Created In 2023 Was Naira Devaluation From N460 To N1,400-Dangote / Nnewi: Nigeria’s Self-made Industrial Hub / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Desyner: 6:56am On Feb 23, 2018
This man is like a private govt to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by persius555(m): 7:03am On Feb 23, 2018
He doesn't have the capacity to do so. Before the emergence of dangote in the past one and a half decades ago, Nigeria had an agricultural system (though not technologically advantaged) with the capacity to employ hundreds of millions.
Over time, we lost consistency and poor planning and lack of government foresight has led us to a situation that we are faced with the threat of food shortage.

Dangote is an opportunist who makes the best of what he has and has not to his own advantage. We are approaching a dangerous curve as a nation if our collective effort means nothing more because a "business Messiah" thinks his money can do it all.

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by lastempero: 7:05am On Feb 23, 2018
What's the need of buying made in Nigeria product when the price is higher, the economy is in shamble and the naira that's suppose to be strong is weak and at the same time iam not getting quality product. Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by TAYO124: 7:22am On Feb 23, 2018
A monopoly is bad for Nigeria and it portends real trouble for the economy.

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Primusinterpares(m): 7:23am On Feb 23, 2018
GloryIsaac:

That's where the challenge lies. The factors in place put others at a disadvantage, so the field isn't level.
undoubtedly a fact bro...

but I believe the sky is wide enough for anyone to soar but only eagles soar the highest...

my take...

many business men lack the strength and cabability of dangote.

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Lomprico2: 7:26am On Feb 23, 2018
Yeah, the way u made tomato scarce some time past.

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by smokedfish: 7:28am On Feb 23, 2018
Now this is the man that can speak and i will gladly shout 'WEHDONE SIR'...

No lies no jokes no politics... strictly business
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by smokedfish: 7:30am On Feb 23, 2018
Lukgaf:
With this expensive rice and cement. We dey look
just imagine if for say dangote cement no de naija....how much do u tink u would hv been buying lafarge n lion n ashaka cement
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by smokedfish: 7:31am On Feb 23, 2018
Sealeddeal:
Story
Na your money you dey find
Na so you made Nigeria sufficient in Cement production, yet no benefit to Nigerians in terms of pricing,it's even worse.
just go open ur own cement factory if d price no do you
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by smokedfish: 7:33am On Feb 23, 2018
nairalanduseles:

how can small entrepreneurs ever grow when the big ones always chase them out with their govt backing and funds
have ypu started and didnt grow?...what kills dose small entrepreneurs is that they want fast money...come into the market and blow one tym..no consistency...once dia product is selling,de either reduce the quantity and quality and increase d price...
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by dannybomb(m): 7:35am On Feb 23, 2018
Sealeddeal:
Story
Na so you made Nigeria sufficient in Cement production, yet no benefit to Nigerians in terms of pricing,it's even worse.
he's monopolising the market...... if there were competitors you won't be hearing of all this...

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 23, 2018
Primusinterpares:
undoubtedly a fact bro...

but I believe the sky is wide enough for anyone to soar but only eagles soar the highest...

my take...

[bmany business men lack the strength and cabability of dangote.[/b]

This is because they are already at a great disadvantage due to policies and other circumstances (engorged in sentiments) e.g Ibeto.
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 23, 2018
TAYO124:
A monopoly is bad for Nigeria and it portends real trouble for the economy.

Exactly, people are too sentimental to see this sad
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Primusinterpares(m): 7:55am On Feb 23, 2018
GloryIsaac:

This is because they are already at a great disadvantage due to policies and other circumstances (engorged in sentiments) e.g Ibeto.
you ain't far from the truth man... but let business giant arise and watch policy fall into pleasant places for them.

you can't keep surpressing progress... it will surely strive when men decide to arise to the occasion.

policy or no policy we gonna make it.

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 23, 2018
Primusinterpares:
you ain't far from the truth man... but let business giant arise and watch policy fall into pleasant places for them.

you can't keep surpressing progress... it will surely strive when men decide to arise to the occasion.

policy or no policy we gonna make it.

Now i get your point, expected to thrive against all odds. Perfect wink
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by engrjacuzzi: 8:05am On Feb 23, 2018
must it be only dangote

2 Likes

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by LifeCoachAndre: 8:07am On Feb 23, 2018
They might be preping this guy for president. Just like Donald trump but obviously he would better. Just saying....
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by heendrix(m): 8:18am On Feb 23, 2018
priceaction:
Please sir, don't add Noddles because your noodles are the worst of products I ever tasted.

Dangote indomie isn't really produced by Dangote. his name was just used to brand it
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by SlayWise(m): 8:22am On Feb 23, 2018
Na for your pocket
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 23, 2018
I suspect this man might be behind Herdsmen issues. So after herdsmen chased farmers away you now want to come and "save" Nigerians from hunger?! LOL
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by EarthXmetahuman: 8:34am On Feb 23, 2018
Sealeddeal:
Story
it is not dangote's fault that your currency is crap.

He is a business man, not charity organization.

Let your useless government increase the value of naira and see if cement price won't come down.
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Abillsable: 9:22am On Feb 23, 2018
He's doing it because ,he seems to be the only one taking steps to do it.The rest are hoarding the money.
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:38am On Feb 23, 2018
with your yeye spaghetti
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Honesty007(m): 10:09am On Feb 23, 2018
why are his plantations in some of the states attacked by fulani herdsmen?
why don he focus on the north and turn a dry land into a green vegetation.
fyi sugar and flour is not food,when he focuses on perishable foods then i would take him serious.
if not,no one has the power to control natural resources or industries except permitted by GOD or the govt and powerful corrupt politicians who have put their loot under dangote .
This man was a gateman before OBJ started putting money under him and other joined.
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by olucomf: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2018
Sealeddeal:
Story
abi ooo aboki man..
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Dollabiz: 10:41am On Feb 23, 2018
Your pocket
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by rafcrown(m): 11:41am On Feb 23, 2018
BE YOURSELF.
tetralogyfallot:
I want to b like dangote
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by TheAlchemist: 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2018
Where is Dangote Pasta... oh i forgot he only succeeds in business where he has government patronage!
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Unclerukus: 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2018
angels09:
I suspect this man might be behind Herdsmen issues. So after herdsmen chased farmers away you now want to come and "save" Nigerians from hunger?! LOL
God bless you. I wanted to type exactly the same thing before I saw this. It wouldn't be out of place to think he might be part of the Fulani leaders funding them with Sophisticated guns to scare and discourage farmers from going to farm. He'll make billions, we are in Nigeria anything is possible. Remember the Nigerian government backed by Northern leadership has been doing all they can for a long time to keep him as the ultimate monopolist.
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by seunjungle1(m): 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
This man is just using the non responsible of our government to bring us to a monopoly stand..if you guys can't recollect I will remind you...was he not the one that promise that price of a bag of cement will not exceed 1,200 which I hardly bought for 1,600-1,800 during that time.
Here again promising heaven on earth...its never your fault at all if not for these unfortunate leaders parading us

Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2018
its long an agricultural thread hit front page
Pavore9:

In Agriculture, there is always a space for anyone who is commitedly interested, trust me on this. From cultivation, processing, packaging, distribution, marketing etc you can fit in somewhere.
Re: I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote by Pavore9: 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
its long an agricultural thread hit front page

Yes. We need more content, most threads are more of advertising services and goods.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso / Chinese Company, Shenzhen Lemi To Establish Battery Factory In Nigeria / For Those Interested In Shoe And Palm Slippers Making(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.