Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit (9295 Views)

VP Osinbajo Drives Kona, Nigerian-Made Electric Car At #MadeInNigeria Exhibition / Sbarro 4×4+2: The Ugliest Car At The 2018 Geneva Motor Show (Photos) / 11 Steps To File A Complaint Against A LASTMA Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by autojosh: 9:19am On Feb 23, 2018
Have you ever been frustrated by the nuances and complexity of selling a car that you no longer need?

If you are, you are not alone.

It seems that when you want to buy a car, everybody wants to sell to you but when you want to sell one, the only people interested are those that want to pay half of what the car is worth.

The rigours you will undergo as a private seller will include letting prospective buyers know that your car is for sale, attending to the telephone calls of prospects and allocating precious time to those who will want to test drive your car and the inevitable time wasters that will offer you half of what your car is worth.

You can completely avoid the mentioned hassles by simply handing over your car to a trusted car dealer telling him the price range you want to sell your car for. He will do the marketing work and come back to you with what buyers are offering for your car. The only snag is that he will take a percentage of the sakes price for his efforts.

These few steps will help you sell your car at a good price:

To sell your car yourself, you need to find out what your car is worth.
Online car sale listings will give you an idea of the value of cars that are similar to yours.

Tidy up you car. A good mechanic can help you prep up your car for a modest fee. Of course, major repairs that need a larger amount of money might have to be left for the buyer (you will need to inform the buyer before purchase).

If you can't give your car an ideal clean up, take it to a car care shop and clean the heck out of it. Make sure it's not just clean but clinically clean. It should smell minty-fresh too!

You might want to spend some money to increase the sales value. Consider oil change, brakes, faulty lights, cracked mirrors, faulty locks, wipers and blades, horn, radio... Basically, any minor thing that you can afford to fix should be fixed. It will place you in a better position during negotiations. Make sure your car documents are in order.

Next is to advertise. Take a few clear pictures of the car showing the body, interior and engine.
Good pictures are very important. (You might want to cover the registration plates with paper before photographing or edit them out with a photo-editing app).

Start with friends, family and colleagues. Tell them you are willing to exchange your car for cash. After that, hit the internet. There are various online marketplace that allows you to advertise your car, upload your car-for-sale advert to the more credible ones. Be sure to mention items that will interest a buyer in your description of the car:
Make and year of manufacture. Is the gear manual or automatic, is the air conditioner functioning, what is the mileage, has it been repainted, are the tyres still FRSC valid, was it used sparingly, reason for sale and we'll maintained?
Be clear in your description and use good grammar.

You might be lucky to make a quick sale, but most times you might just have to be patient. Answer all the enquiry calls and respond politely to questions about your car.

When expecting prospects, arrange to meet at a public place. It is not a good idea to have random people you meet online know where you live, At least until you have a very likely buyer.
Schedule inspection and test drives for times that are convenient to you.

When it comes to negotiations, be firm but be reasonable . The buyer wants the lowest price possible, you want the highest. You may have to compromise a little.

As soon as a deal has been made. Demand cash payment. Don't accept a cheque. Walk to the bank with the buyer if necessary to have him deposit the payment in your account.

Sign and hand over the purchase receipt and a letter authorizing transfer of ownership.

Don't forget to like, rate, share and tell us the trick you used to sell your car at a profit.

https://autojosh.com/sell-used-car-profit/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by Iammehdi(m): 10:42am On Feb 23, 2018
Beetle My grand dad have the type. nice post
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by autojosh: 7:02am On Feb 24, 2018
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by autojosh: 6:36am On Feb 25, 2018
cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 25, 2018
One step to selling your car fast....
Find any of the following demeanors
Gazzuzz timifakay kingreign sopperescue and lejeune drop your car at their office or place of operations... agree on their own commission and rest easy expecting your bank alert.

Don't be greedy...climb on their goodwill.

If it's a Peugeot find ikenna351

If it's a Volvo find the Volvo guy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by holyboii: 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
Any one with a Toyota Camry for 400k biko nu my location is oyo
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by tripoli007(m): 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
holyboii:
Any one with a Toyota Camry for 400k biko nu my location is oyo

Yes but na u go buy engine and gear .. grin cheesy grin

15 Likes

Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by Explorers(m): 4:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
Cool
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by kelvinezeh55(m): 6:47am On Feb 26, 2018
Ok
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by Jayclinics(m): 6:48am On Feb 26, 2018
A must read

Don't miss out on this life changing information

b]Read:[/b]

This is the Only Reason Why you are Still Poor

http://borednigerian.com/the-only-reason-why-you-are-still-poor/
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by RealGucci: 6:48am On Feb 26, 2018
a naija use is naija use
third hand
there is noyhing like 2monthz used
3months used
too many greedy and hopeless bastards on auto section
one idiot wants to sell eod for 1.2
wen belgium na 1.3
another thief wants to sell naija used matrix for 1.7
wen belgium na 1.5m

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by karimcarim(m): 6:50am On Feb 26, 2018
A plot of Land for sale at an affordable price.
Location : Along The Federal University, Oye Ekiti. EKiti State
Contact Address : 07032681755,08076048453

Note : full plot of 60 by 120
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by J0hnTrevolt(m): 6:50am On Feb 26, 2018
Na so e be oo
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by IFNOTGOD(m): 7:02am On Feb 26, 2018
tripoli007:

u no b beta person so wetyn d guy one buy na?

1 Like

Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by IFNOTGOD(m): 7:05am On Feb 26, 2018
tripoli007:

abeg u fit still bring Toyota sienna 2011 xle, I no mind to buy d engine n gear for dat one even if na to buy d wiper sef
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by kokomaster3d: 7:23am On Feb 26, 2018
First step is to post it on Yakata.com.ng.

1 Like

Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by bionixs: 8:17am On Feb 26, 2018
Iammehdi:
Beetle My grand dad have the type. nice post
vintage, my not be as trivial as you might think it
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by bionixs: 8:20am On Feb 26, 2018
karimcarim:
A plot of Land for sale at an affordable price.
Location : Along The Federal University, Oye Ekiti. EKiti State
Contact Address : 07032681755,08076048453

Note : full plot of 60 by 120
naija used land abi direct fairly use tokumbo?

1 Like

Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by salesforce: 12:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by OShepherd: 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
tripoli007:

Lols grin
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by chukel(m): 7:21am On Feb 27, 2018
RealGucci:
a naija use is naija use
third hand
3months used
wen belgium na 1.3
wen belgium na 1.5m
if you can get the "belgium" of the above mentioned cars at the prices u stated, you won't be on nairaland looking for naija used. Theses are wishful thinking. Truth is that some naija used are better than some foreign used vehicles. Some whites are bastards when it comes to car maintenance. Pray not to get such car.
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by hisgrace090: 7:37am On Feb 27, 2018
RealGucci:
a naija use is naija use
third hand
3months used
wen belgium na 1.3
wen belgium na 1.5m

Good observation, just as it is.
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by RealGucci: 7:50am On Feb 27, 2018
oh really
but i felt tokunbo cars are the best
as long as its not salvaged..accidented .
baba na clean title only bro
chukel:
if you can get the "belgium" of the above mentioned cars at the prices u stated, you won't be on nairaland looking for naija used. Theses are wishful thinking. Truth is that some naija used are better than some foreign used vehicles. Some whites are bastards when it comes to car maintenance. Pray not to get such car.
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by chukel(m): 8:42am On Feb 27, 2018
RealGucci:
oh really
but i felt tokunbo cars are the best
as long as its not salvaged..accidented .
baba na clean title only bro
clean title is not a guarantee for a well maintained car. I can beat my chest that most salvaged/accidented cars are the best. The issue now becomes the degree of accident the car is involved in and the standard of repair to be done on the car. I use salvaged cars. I get salvaged cars for people. But I have a rule of thumb. No deployed airbags. Affected parts must be plug and play. Chassis must not be affected in any form. At least fair maintenance from VIN check. Must run and drive, amongst other things. Everything is about experience. Some people still make the best deals out of cars45. Life is all about what u learn from experiences and how u apply them to suit you.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by RealGucci: 11:19am On Feb 27, 2018
which site do u inport from
edakun epp me
chukel:
clean title is not a guarantee for a well maintained car. I can beat my chest that most salvaged/accidented cars are the best. The issue now becomes the degree of accident the car is involved in and the standard of repair to be done on the car. I use salvaged cars. I get salvaged cars for people. But I have a rule of thumb. No deployed airbags. Affected parts must be plug and play. Chassis must not be affected in any form. At least fair maintenance from VIN check. Must run and drive, amongst other things. Everything is about experience. Some people still make the best deals out of cars45. Life is all about what u learn from experiences and how u apply them to suit you.
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by chukel(m): 11:43am On Feb 27, 2018
RealGucci:
which site do u inport from
edakun epp me
same copart
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by RealGucci: 12:08pm On Feb 27, 2018
u dont do auction export
chukel:
same copart
Re: 11 Steps To Sell Your Used Car At A Profit by SouthSidde: 11:56pm On Oct 15, 2022
Hello everyone. Using the carvana online service to sell a used car is very simple, and even a person who has never done it will figure it out. You just need to create an account on their website, fill in the data and information about your cars and you will receive an offer on the same day. If it suits you, you can arrange a meeting point to pick up the car, and they will send the money to your account within 24 hours, which is very convenient.

(1) (Reply)

Cars With Good Resale Value / Local Vehicle Assemblers Struggle Amid $1 Billion Investment, Lament Low Demand / Highlander For Volvo XC 90

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.