Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

United States Condemns Abduction Of Dapchi School Girls By Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United States Condemns Abduction Of Dapchi School Girls By Boko Haram (387 Views)

Buhari's Red Carpet Reception In Dapchi School: Nigerians React / President Buhari Gets Red Carpet Reception At Site Of Dapchi Kidnap / Inside Dapchi School Where Boko Haram Kidnapped 110 Girls (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

United States Condemns Abduction Of Dapchi School Girls By Boko Haram by Opinionated: 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2018

The United States, State Department has issued a statement condemning the attack and abduction of yet-to-be-confirmed number of girls at Government Girls Science and Technical Secondary School, Dapchi, Yobe state.

There has been confusion on whether or not some girls in the school had been abducted. However, this was put to rest by Yobe State Governor, Ibrahim Gaidam who told parents of the missing girls yesterday, that while efforts are being made by the security agencies, none of the missing girls had been found or rescued as some initial reports suggested.

In its reaction, the United States Department through its spokeswoman, Heather Nauert said:

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms the terror attack on a school earlier this week in northeastern Nigeria. The choice of targets reflect the brutality of terrorist organizations. We continue to support Nigerian efforts to counter the terrorist groups.”

A new campaign is ongoing on social media especially Twitter to get the girls home to their parents safely under #DapchiGirls

You can watch the video here. https://web.facebook.com/usembassynigeria/videos/10156276005254874/

source: http://www.opinions.ng/united-states-condemns-abduction-dapchi-school-girls-boko-haram/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: United States Condemns Abduction Of Dapchi School Girls By Boko Haram by biacan(f): 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
APC has brought disgrace to this country..... sad
Re: United States Condemns Abduction Of Dapchi School Girls By Boko Haram by LLSAINT(m): 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
US sef. are you blaming Boko Haram for kidnapping or ought to blame the Nigerian govt for not providing security?
Re: United States Condemns Abduction Of Dapchi School Girls By Boko Haram by chuksjuve(m): 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2018
And low for this administration ..

The image of this nation has further been battered once again..

Contact us for your Landscape and gardening service.
Re: United States Condemns Abduction Of Dapchi School Girls By Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2018
There's nothing I regret more in my existence than the fact that I'm a Nigerian.
The best I can do for the future generations through my loins is to gerrout of here or become celibate.
All our news portals hardly ever report anything good.

For those quick to shout Buhari on every thread, just have it at the back of your mind, whoever wins in 2019 will continue to collect the mantle of curses from the Nigerian populace. We did it to uncle Jona. It will never stop. Never!
Re: United States Condemns Abduction Of Dapchi School Girls By Boko Haram by Mynd44: 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2018

(1)

Read What Atiku Abubakar Said About Nigeria Population / IPOB Heads To Appeal Court To Lift Proscription / Buhari Is Emboldingn, Not Degrading Boko Haram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.