Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April (22721 Views)

Americans React To J. Cole’s Lagos, Nigeria Performance / Ugandan Singer Begs Wizkid To Impregnate Her, Says "My Womb Is Ready" / Peter Okoye Replies Fan Who Asked Which Song Will He Perform In His Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by globemoney: 8:47am On Mar 09, 2018
caukerzee:
Youre getting this wrong man. What makes an album classic?
Many things bro, but first a classic has to be certified by general consensus if not anyone can come up and claim their album is classic.
FYI GKMC was the last critically acclaimed him hop album, that’s after Kanye’s MBTDF album. You can read about it:
https://massappeal.com/kendrick-lamar-good-kid-maad-city-defined-rap-classic/

You will never see where FHD is listed as classic, this site just called it almost classic. There are some bad songs ”skipables” in this album unlike GKMC
https://www.google.com/amp/s/djbooth.net/.amp/features/take-2-album-review-j-cole-2014-forest-hills-drive
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by caukerzee(m): 9:34am On Mar 09, 2018
globemoney:

Many things bro, but first a classic has to be certified by general consensus if not anyone can come up and claim their album is classic.
FYI GKMC was the last critically acclaimed him hop album, that’s after Kanye’s MBTDF album. You can read about it:
https://massappeal.com/kendrick-lamar-good-kid-maad-city-defined-rap-classic/

You will never see where FHD is listed as classic, this site just called it almost classic. There are some bad songs ”skipables” in this album unlike GKMC
https://www.google.com/amp/s/djbooth.net/.amp/features/take-2-album-review-j-cole-2014-forest-hills-drive
I raised some points in the last reply you have not being able to refute. FHD was not an instant classic but it's a classic now. Its one of the most cohesive albums in the last decade there's hardly any skipable. Skipables are highly subjective BTW. I read that djbooth article years ago and as it rightly said "almost classic". But now it's classic. The popular meme " double platinum no features' highlights its impact and critical acclaim. Let me quote an article from the same mass appeal you sighted as one of your references
And what is particularly great about this record, what arguably makes it a new classic, is that it’s very comfortably its own thing. It’s the work of an artist fully self-aware, and each song is like a chapter of a book that proves more autobiographical than any record company bio or media-sanctioned puff piece.
https://massappeal.com/j-cole-classics-2014-forest-hills-drive-album/
There are instant classics and there are future classics. Four years on, 2014 Forest Hills Drive is a classic.

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by globemoney: 10:16am On Mar 09, 2018
caukerzee:
I raised some points in the last reply you have not being able to refute. FHD was not an instant classic but it's a classic now. Its one of the most cohesive albums in the last decade there's hardly any skipable. Skipables are highly subjective BTW. I read that djbooth article years ago and as it rightly said "almost classic". But now it's classic. The popular meme " double platinum no features' highlights its impact and critical acclaim. Let me quote an article from the same mass appeal you sighted as one of your references
There are instant classics and there are future classics. Four years on, 2014 Forest Hills Drive is a classic.
Well that’s your opinion. Any album can be classic to anyone. Even jcole knows he does not have a classic album yet. Only Kendrick can boast of an industry certified classic album among the new school. I bet you cant provide any credible source arguing FHD is classic like I can do for gkmc
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by caukerzee(m): 10:35am On Mar 09, 2018
globemoney:

Well that’s your opinion. Any album can be classic to anyone. Even jcole knows he does not have a classic album yet. Only Kendrick can boast of an industry certified classic album among the new school. I bet you cant provide any credible source arguing FHD is classic like I can do for gkmc
I did. Except you're saying the same site "MassAppeal.com" you sited as a source for GKMC being the standard of the new school classic is not credible too. Because the same site said FHD is a classic. On the contrary, Cole knows he has a classic in FHD. And who says only k.dot can boast of a classic? Along with FHD, Take Care by Drake is widely regarded a classic. Your problem is that you just don't fu©k with J. Cole.

1 Like

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by globemoney: 10:50am On Mar 09, 2018
caukerzee:
I did. Except you're saying the same site "MassAppeal.com" you sited as a source for GKMC being the standard of the new school classic is not credible too. Because the same site said FHD is a classic. On the contrary, Cole knows he has a classic in FHD. And who says only k.dot can boast of a classic? Along with FHD, Take Care by Drake is widely regarded a classic. Your problem is that you just don't fu©k with J. Cole.
Now I know you don’t know what is a classic album. FYI. The only classic albums of 2010-2018 era are:
Good Kid Mad City - kdot
My Beautiful Dark Twisted fantasy - Kanye West

Take care is not a certified classic, so far gone is closer a classic than take care, just like Jcoles Friday night lights. I like Jcole bro, I’m playing 4 your eyes only right now but I have to state the facts

1 Like

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by caukerzee(m): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2018
globemoney:

Now I know you don’t know what is a classic album. FYI. The only classic albums of 2010-2018 era are:
Good Kid Mad City - kdot

Take care is not a certified classic, so far gone is closer a classic than take care, just like Jcoles Friday night lights. I like Jcole bro, I’m playing 4 your eyes only right now but I have to state the facts
That's ultimately your "personal opinion".
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by globemoney: 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
caukerzee:
That's ultimately your "personal opinion".
Lol. Facts. may be when you understand what a classic means you will stop arguing. I know my hip hop onions
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by caukerzee(m): 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
globemoney:

Lol. Facts. may be when you understand what a classic means you will stop arguing. I know my hip hop onions
Clearly you don't.
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by oluwasheun94(m): 10:32am On Mar 19, 2018
globemoney:

I won’t include loyal fan base, both artists has loyal fan base. You can’t listen to the entire GKMC album and still say Cole is a better story teller. GKMC was certified classic and is based off Kendrick’s life in Compton, Cole on the other hand is yet to drop a classic album. I rate both of them but Kendrick is far ahead to me, although it’s really a matter of choice.
No doubt, kendrick is a beast when it comes to story telling. he tells story in a way that you can envision it without a music video. he did that in the art of peer pressure. in fact the whole of GKMC. But comparing him to j cole in terms of story telling is a no-no. all j cole albums are basically made of story telling. 2014fhd, 4 your eyez only, born sinner. just name it. kendrick is a good story teller, no doubt. but j cole is on another level

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by globemoney: 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
oluwasheun94:
No doubt, kendrick is a beast when it comes to story telling. he tells story in a way that you can envision it without a music video. he did that in the art of peer pressure. in fact the whole of GKMC. But comparing him to j cole in terms of story telling is a no-no. all j cole albums are basically made of story telling. 2014fhd, 4 your eyez only, born sinner. just name it. kendrick is a good story teller, no doubt. but j cole is on another level
I appreciate you hip hop knowledge not people like caukerzee who just started listening to hip hop yesterday and came here to make noise. A lot of Nigerians started following Kendrick recently thats why most Nigerians feel Jcole is better storyteller, truth be told, many Nigerians didnt know Kendrick before now unlike JCole because Kendrick was not putting out hit songs.
I'll mention some of the finest story telling songs by kendrick then, go listen to all of them and compare them with cole. It's not even close brother. Kendrick has some of the best story telling songs of all time in hip hop. He tells his story and makes you feel part of it, he provides all the effects, it's amazing. Google best story telling rap songs, you will see who is leading between cole and kdot.

Maad city
Art of peer pressure
Duckworth
Sing About Me (one of the best story telling songs of all time if not the best)
How much a dollar cost
Keisha's Song
U

etc.. No way you can listen to this songs and say Cole is a better storyteller, its not even close. Cole is good. I love lost ones and 4 your eyes only and thats it. Anyway, you can read this thread of where Americans debated it. Kendrick is a beast period

https://genius.com/discussions/203478-Better-storyteller-kendrick-lamar-vs-j-cole

1 Like

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by caukerzee(m): 11:07am On Mar 20, 2018
globemoney:

I appreciate you hip hop knowledge not people like caukerzee who just started listening to hip hop yesterday and came here to make noise. A lot of Nigerians started following Kendrick recently thats why most Nigerians feel Jcole is better storyteller, truth be told, many Nigerians didnt know Kendrick before now unlike JCole because Kendrick was not putting out hit songs.
I'll mention some of the finest story telling songs by kendrick then, go listen to all of them and compare them with cole. It's not even close brother. Kendrick has some of the best story telling songs of all time in hip hop. He tells his story and makes you feel part of it, he provides all the effects, it's amazing. Google best story telling rap songs, you will see who is leading between cole and kdot.

Maad city
Art of peer pressure
Duckworth
Sing About Me (one of the best story telling songs of all time if not the best)
How much a dollar cost
Keisha's Song
U

etc.. No way you can listen to this songs and say Cole is a better storyteller, its not even close. Cole is good. I love lost ones and 4 your eyes only and thats it. Anyway, you can read this thread of where Americans debated it. Kendrick is a beast period

https://genius.com/discussions/203478-Better-storyteller-kendrick-lamar-vs-j-cole
Lol...its funny how people who agree with you have good hip hop knowledge and thise who dont agree with you have bad hip hop kniwledge. Apparently you didn't even understand the post you quoted. He just gave it to cole. I think you should read it again. In your defense for Kendrick being the better storyteller you site a forum link with not up to 100 posts as a reference?? Nigga please "Americans debated it" You know how lame that sounds. One thing you've proved over and over again on here is that you don't even listen to Cole. The fact that you think lost ones and 4YEO are Cole's only good songs renders your opinion on this subject invalid.

1 Like

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by globemoney: 11:49am On Mar 20, 2018
caukerzee:
[s]Lol...its funny how people who agree with you have good hip hop knowledge and thise who dont agree with you have bad hip hop kniwledge. Apparently you didn't even understand the post you quoted. He just gave it to cole. I think you should read it again. In your defense for Kendrick being the better storyteller you site a forum link with not up to 100 posts as a reference?? Nigga please "Americans debated it" You know how lame that sounds. One thing you've proved over and over again on here is that you don't even listen to Cole. The fact that you think lost ones and 4YEO are Cole's only good songs renders your opinion on this subject invalid.[/s]
Coming from someone who calls take care and FHD a classic lol. You no know nothing. Hip hop is American music, just like you wont see americans debating afrobeat. You dont even know genius website and you claim to be a hip hop fan. lmao.. There is no site where you can discuss hip hop and meet more hip hop lovers than genius. I should have known not to waste my time with you. Go back to listening to davido and wizkid lmao.. I know Jcole's discography more than you do. I can just ask you some questions on the Jcole you claim to love and I bet you'll fail woefully. foh
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by caukerzee(m): 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
globemoney:

Coming from someone who calls take care and FHD a classic lol. You no know nothing. Hip hop is American music, just like you wont see americans debating afrobeat. You dont even know genius website and you claim to be a hip hop fan. lmao.. There is no site where you can discuss hip hop and meet more hip hop lovers than genius. I should have known not to waste my time with you. Go back to listening to davido and wizkid lmao.. I know Jcole's discography more than you do. I can just ask you some questions on the Jcole you claim to love and I bet you'll fail woefully. foh
Grow up. Insults and name calling does not make your argument any more valid. How many times you say I don't know hip hop does not make your opinion any valid. I thought you were in the least bit matured but I'm highly dissapointed. Through the course of this discussion all I've done is hit you with facts, I've replied you based on your comments here but what do you do? Make bogus claims you can't back up by yourself without the opinion of someone else on the internet. You can't even explain why k.dot stories are better simply because you haven't seen it somewhere else on the internet. I gave you facts why FHD is a classic you could not counter even one of the points I raised and you resulted in name calling. I'm sure you were looking for help on the internet but couldn't find any. You come on a faceless forum and say bullshit about people you know from nowhere. I prolly stated listening to hip hop before you knew how music works. Kid FHD is a classic. You can hang yourself if you don't agree. You can't quote genius or any forum as a source this is a basic internet rule that you don't know this shows your level of exposure. You don't even have your own opinion all you been saying is "this site said this" "the Americans debated that". Boy unlike you I don't need the Americans to have my own opinion of music. You have along way to go and a lot of growing up to do.

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by globemoney: 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2018
caukerzee:
[s]Grow up. Insults and name calling does not make your argument any more valid. How many times you say I don't know hip hop does not make your opinion any valid. I thought you were in the least bit matured but I'm highly dissapointed. Through the course of this discussion all I've done is hit you with facts, I've replied you based on your comments here but what do you do? Make bogus claims you can't back up by yourself without the opinion of someone else on the internet. You can't even explain why k.dot stories are better simply because you haven't seen it somewhere else on the internet. I gave you facts why FHD is a classic you could not counter even one of the points I raised and you resulted in name calling. I'm sure you were looking for help on the internet but couldn't find any. You come on a faceless forum and say bullshit about people you know from nowhere. I prolly stated listening to hip hop before you knew how music works. Kid FHD is a classic. You can hang yourself if you don't agree. You can't quote genius or any forum as a source this is a basic internet rule that you don't know this shows your level of exposure. You don't even have your own opinion all you been saying is "this site said this" "the Americans debated that". Boy unlike you I don't need the Americans to have my own opinion of music. You have along way to go and a lot of growing up to do[/s].
nonsense
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by caukerzee(m): 5:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
globemoney:

nonsense
So predictable. So much noise, so little substance. Take the L and GTFO my face.
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by globemoney: 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
caukerzee:
So predictable. So much noise, so little substance. Take the L and GTFO my face.
lol i should have known not to waste my time with a 13 year old davido music fan who started listening to jcole yesterday. Ignorant clown
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by sirelexzy(m): 6:56am On Apr 03, 2018
MrImole:

Why not make songs with good sounds and good lyrics?

I still repeat, he's only enjoying all this attention because he's an American, he's not better than Davido and Wizkid.

lol nigga you are so ignorant.
dude has gone double platinum on his 2014 Fhd(forest hills drive)album without no single feature.
has gone platinum five times and you are comparing him with wizkid and davido.
even has grammy nominations and might win one very soon.
like someone said already on this thread good music is very expensive.
listen to lyrics not song you just dance shaku shaku too.
if to say i dey naija already at the show.
#coleworld
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by sirelexzy(m): 7:02am On Apr 03, 2018
Pentools:
Cole world in Nigeria mehnnnnn!!! Its indeed going to be the most memorable event of the year, can't afford to miss it for anything... Thanks to castle lite....(Andre 3k, j.Cole, big Sean, Nas and kendrick Lamar the bests hip hop culture ever had)

pls dont miss it man.
really wish i was back home.
have fun smiley

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by MrImole: 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2018
sirelexzy:

lol nigga you are so ignorant.
dude has gone double platinum on his 2014 Fhd(forest hills drive)album without no single feature.
has gone platinum five times and you are comparing him with wizkid and davido.
even has grammy nominations and might win one very soon.
like someone said already on this thread good music is very expensive.
listen to lyrics not song you just dance shaku shaku too.
if to say i dey naija already at the show.
#coleworld

At least he still has the same number of Grammys with davido and wizkid.

I repeat, apart from Joe Cole, there is no other relevant Cole.
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by caukerzee(m): 10:13am On Apr 08, 2018
MrImole:

Bruh shut the fu©k up. You don't know good music. J. Cole is more relevant to the culture than any Nigerian artiste has ever been and will ever be if we continue to make the kind of music we make here. Its okay if you prefer pangolo music but don't come here making ignorant statements like these. You're just exposing your ineptitude. I swear its your kind of brain Nigerian artistes make music for. Basic people. Higher simpletons.

1 Like

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by MrImole: 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
caukerzee:
Bruh shut the fu©k up. You don't know good music. J. Cole is more relevant to the culture than any Nigerian artiste has ever been and will ever be if we continue to make the kind of music we make here. Its okay if you prefer pangolo music but don't come here making ignorant statements like these. You're just exposing your ineptitude. I swear its your kind of brain Nigerian artistes make music for. Basic people. Higher simpletons.

It is a shame you can't pass your message without insulting people, who told you that I listen to Nigerian music? Keep fighting with your keyboard western slave, my point has been made. Unlike you I won't insult you I will rather give you a piece of advice kid, no matter how daft you have become and no matter how far your senses have been away from the reality, you can still make something out of your life.
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by dafidi123(m): 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
caukerzee:
Even the greatest (arguably) rap album of all time - ILLMATIC - wasn't an instant hit. But today, some people even refer to it as the bible of rap.
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by dafidi123(m): 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2018
MrImole:

There are lots of great artists without a single Grammy award, but that doesn't make them any less relevant. It's not always all about the awards.
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Shadbay(m): 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
Bitchiamjay:
Who do you think Co wrote 'Alright' | Kendrick Lamar?
Pharell Williams of course.

Next time, Do your research well before jumping into conclusions.

Not saying Nada again.

Bye.

#YOLO

Yo! I'll have to check your misconception about songwriting credits. 9th wonder was credited as a writer because producers get that recognition. He produced the track. Go do your research, there's no song credits where the producer is not also credited as a writer. Why? Cos they piece the instrumentals so that the Vocalist can have creative freedom on it. Go figure!
Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Shadbay(m): 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2018
globemoney:

Good Kid Mad City - kdot

So TPAB ain't a classic?
No hiphop album has more universal acclaim than TPAB(no, not even MBDTF, look it up). It is a highly dense display of ethereal artistry!

The production on there, phewww, perfection from start to finish. Let us not even go into the complex lyrical structure, impressive songwriting and groundbreaking cultural impact.

No artist can take that kind of risk to make an album blacker than the negro spiritual at midnight, with such great execution and bounce right into the mainstream! Jeez! I know you're a Kendrick fan pls never omit this album from any classic album discussion. Peace, bro.

2 Likes

Re: J. Cole, Davido & Wizkid To Perform In Lagos This April by Xa4real(m): 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
Get all celebrity apps today with link in my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sridevi Funeral: Thousands Line Streets To Mourn Bollywood Star / Pretty Face! Nina Shares Cute Selfie Photos Online. Photos / Ajike: How To Spot A Nigerian Man With Sense On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.