Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record (52305 Views)

Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Air Peace Takes Delivery Of Third B777 Aircraft / Watch The Moment Air Peace 2nd B777 Arrived Lagos Airport In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by malachytochukwu(m): 10:46am On Feb 25, 2018
You don't just see faults everywhere ......it's an airline that i have used severaly and still prefers to use any time I need to leave at exactly the booked time.....that's airpeace.
geekybabe:
Your processes and logistics need to improve too. It's not enough to keep acquiring planes.
Imagine processing a refund for almost 2months.
Not to even talk of how crappy their site can be on mobile. Coupled with d fact that they use a fidelity bank payment gateway, with 2 out of evry 3 transactions failing.

If your processes don't improve, you r gonna be back at square 1 just like arik. Your customers should be able to do business with you with ease. Dat simple.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by DrMuzungu(m): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2018
efesodje:

It really doesn't matter. Planes are not like cars. A well maintained 20 or 30 year old plane will fly just as good as a brand new one. That's perfect engineering for you cool

The 777-200 has a seating capacity of 300-400 passengers and is used by first class airlines like Emirates and Air France. I believe Air Peace will use this for long haul flights. Built in 1994 this is a reasonably new plane by African standards.

Kudos to Air Peace. I am proud of them cool

True. The problem is, images are of B737 (most likely) B777 is a lot longer:

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by decub: 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
I also think they've been reasonably fair in their logistics when compared with other airlines. I usually book on mobile and if not for the technical issue they had some 3 weeks ago which was a general PNR issue, they've also been somewhat reliable.

Refund usually takes time unless it's obvious the airline defaulted, hence, the reason I prefer flight changes or to open my ticket than seek a refund. The couple of times I got an instant refund from another Airline was because the delay was well over 6 hours.

On the fidelity payment thing, well, I've made 3 bookings at the same time with all successful, meanwhile, I've once used GTPay on another airline and it jammed. It's all about some technical issues which might just affect one at the wrong time. So far, Peace and Azman are my Fav.

geekybabe:
Your processes and logistics need to improve too. It's not enough to keep acquiring planes.
Imagine processing a refund for almost 2months.
Not to even talk of how crappy their site can be on mobile. Coupled with d fact that they use a fidelity bank payment gateway, with 2 out of evry 3 transactions failing.

If your processes don't improve, you r gonna be back at square 1 just like arik. Your customers should be able to do business with you with ease. Dat simple.
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
DrMuzungu:

This is the plan can show me the difference from the one you posted B777

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Thunder fire you useless illiterate there. Go and learn common spelling first. If he was a bad person you likes would be the first to call his state.

Allen Onyema the owner of AirPeace is from ANAMBRA STATE. Deal with it.

Your father is an illiterate. The spelling is deliberate, not a mistake, to side step a ban. You Animal.
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by BeijinDossier: 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
Your worthless father is an illiterate.

Your useless mother is an illiterate

Every member of your hopeless family are illiterates.

Nkita lacha gi anya there. Anumanu.

[s]
Fineman87:

Your father is an illiterate. The spelling is deliberate, not a mistake, to side step a ban. You Animal.
[/s]

Allen Onyema is from ANAMBRA STATE. If you it pains you so much then jump into the river. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by naijaking1: 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
Not sure if Onyema's decision to bring B777 to Nigeria at this time is a good one considering that Buhari is filled with jealous tribal rage.
From partial and anti-business government policies, to bribery and corruption, to punitive customs, to anti-Igbo sentiments and policies, nothing good is coming out of Nigeria with Buhari in power. I will be careful about investing in a government run by a fanatical religious and tribalistic zealot, go ask Innoson, and other job creators whose only crimes are that they are Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by geekybabe(f): 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
decub:
I also think they've been reasonably fair in their logistics when compared with other airlines. I usually book on mobile and if not for the technical issue they had some 3 weeks ago which was a general PNR issue, they've also been somewhat reliable.

Refund usually takes time unless it's obvious the airline defaulted, hence, the reason I prefer flight changes or to open my ticket than seek a refund. The couple of times I got an instant refund from another Airline was because the delay was well over 6 hours.

On the fidelity payment thing, well, I've made 3 bookings at the same time with all successful, meanwhile, I've once used GTPay on another airline and it jammed. It's all about some technical issues which might just affect one at the wrong time. So far, Peace and Azman are my Fav.

You pple forget that operating domestic travel is way different from operating international travels. If they wanna go international it's a different ball game. The licenses for operations in other countries are not that easy to get. you are saying Azman. What's my business with Azman that barely makes 20 trips a week even within Nigerian airspace?

Fidelity gateway is crap. Can't count the number of bookings dat fail especially on weekends when no one is sitting at their desks to monitor the website. Yes Airpeace is trying when it comes to local flights. International routes and flights are entirely different sir. At that point their competition isn't Azman. It's much bigger airplanes and foreign airlines.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by DrMuzungu(m): 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
post=65358325:

This is the plan can show me the difference from the one you posted B777

Yes, the plane you posted is B777. However, if you look closely at the last image of the original post, that is not B777.Check the image below.

B737 has some 12 windows between the front emergency door and the middle emergency door. On B737, emergency exit is over the wing (the exit is above the wing). On B777, there is more windows between the first emergency exit and the second. Second emergency exit, unlike on B737, is in front of the wing, not above it, and there is more windows between the first and the second emergency exit.

That is all. I am not doubting Air Peace got B777, but whoever posts images, should post the correct ones.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by omar22(m): 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
Why would you buy a plane that's 20+ years old. We are talking about a plane thats being used week in week out. When OKADA AIR bought a second hand 747 from British Airways, how long did it last?
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by fleetfeet: 8:37am On Feb 28, 2018
Every successful company on earth does business with Govt. Arik lacked Corporate governance, they were generating revenue, we're given bail out funs, yet they were neck deep in debt. So you ask where did all their revenue go to? Look at Glo, it is not professionally run and it is stagnating, so also was Arik-ad absolutely noting to do with government-just the owners who were in a hurry to cashout.

bigpicture001:
learn very well from arik air on what crippled it's airline...if u do bizness with govt,u will close faster than arik air....run away from govt differed payment patronage
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by bigpicture001: 7:44pm On Feb 28, 2018
fleetfeet:
Every successful company on earth does business with Govt. Arik lacked Corporate governance, they were generating revenue, we're given bail out funs, yet they were neck deep in debt. So you ask where did all their revenue go to? Look at Glo, it is not professionally run and it is stagnating, so also was Arik-ad absolutely noting to do with government-just the owners who were in a hurry to cashout.

....when arik announced that they will not allow govt officials board their airline again cuz of increase debt owed by the the govt ministries,paralstatalsand agency govt reacted with a lot of anger.and that was where arik's problem started..i watch it live on ait.where arik boss gave analysis of crippling govt debt...so wen dey eventually closed shop..i saw it coming...so peace air should watch out for govt bizness
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Kindafrosh5(m): 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2018
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Kindafrosh5(m): 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2018
DrMuzungu:

The first two pics are that of the B777, it's only the last that is of B737
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by Kindafrosh5(m): 11:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
[quote]

It really doesn't matter. Planes are not like cars. A well maintained 20 or 30 year old plane will fly just as good as a brand new one. That's perfect engineering for you cool

The 777-200 has a seating capacity of 300-400 passengers and is used by first class airlines like Emirates and Air France. I believe Air Peace will use this for long haul flights. Built in 1994 this is a reasonably new plane by African standards.

Kudos to Air Peace. I am proud of them fle even uote]

Permit me to do some adjustments and additions to your post.
The B777-200 (772) has a typical sitting capacity of 200-300 with a maximum sitting capacity of 440 while the B777-300 (773) has a typical sitting capacity of 300-400 and a maximum sitting capacity of 550
Aircrafts are very expensive even in the second hand market, to grow airlines buy old aircrafts, then after they have been able to gather enough greens, they then go for brand new but for a growing airline, it's advisable to maintain an old but healthy fleet cos it saves money. Most of our big airlines still do it for example United airline.
Re: Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record by JavaKonjo: 7:24am On Dec 26, 2018
Note it is not clear on if they bought or leased it, in any case it is a second hand one, as the B777-200 model is no longer in production

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) / The World's Most Powerful Passports. / Rwanda's Capital Kigali Is The Cleanest City In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.