Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

The World's Most Powerful Passports. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The World's Most Powerful Passports. (52310 Views)

10 Most Powerful Passports In The World / World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls / The Best Passports For Unrestricted Travel Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
How powerful is your passport?

I stumbled upon this article and I thought it was worth sharing. Some thing similar was posted on Nairaland about a year ago. This I believe is very current.

It is not much comfort to those holidaymakers who are cancelling trips because they haven't received their passports in time - but the UK travel document is one of the most powerful in the world. British passport holders can enter more countries in the world than America, Canada, Australia and Germany.

In fact, UK passport holders have the best access to foreign countries in the world, along with Finland and Sweden, according to this information put together by GOOD Magazine. The two Nordic countries and Great Britain can visit 173 countries using their passports, enjoying visa-free access or simply getting a visa on arrival.

In comparison, US citizens and Germans can visit 172 and Canadians can only visit 170 and Australians 168. The nation with the least power in their passport is Afghanistan, with citizens only able to visit 28 countries without a visa, or being given a visa on arrival. Iraq, Pakistan and Somalia also come bottom, with access to just 31 or 32 countries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2669375/The-powerful-passports-world-revealed.html#ixzz3Dst0YFfb

In Africa, the Nigeria passport ranks below that of other African nations like Gambia, Kenya, Lesotho, Namibia, Malawi, Swaziland, Zambia, Tanzania, Sierra leonne, Tunisia, Uganda, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Cape verde, Benin, Ivory coast, Mauritania, Senegal, Burkina faso, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Togo, Morocco, Sao tome and principe, Central African republic, Madagascar, Mozambique and Guinea - Bissau.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by debayun(m): 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nawa for naija

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nigeria...smh. our passport ranks low beyond what? Gambia? so far the only goodnews out of Nigeria is its ability to contain Ebola without foreign aid

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
Cheiii a whole giant of africa? Gambia pass us? cheii

Did you say 173 countries with British passport? Okay I need to find me a British second husband. Coogar, R231, Sagamite a.k.a my sagalicious milo. Chaircover I can fit marry your son. Edwife- please bring ed junior my way. The best wife any man can ask for is a cougar wife grin. Efemena, bring me your teenage sons ejo..

Volunteers please

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by datguru: 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
I said it undecided

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by ayusco85(m): 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
Even if Nigerian passport is the last on the list, I am still proud to be a Nigerian. God knows why am a Nigerian. sad

but I sometimes wish I was an american or a british citizien because of the above benefits wink

123 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Adyrin(m): 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
So far I can fly.....
Oho!
Who cares?

9 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by CharlieMaria(m): 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
undecided

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by yuzjet(m): 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
Oh really?
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
Okay, I know that fact.
What next? undecided
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by chinex276(m): 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
See space abeg
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by pboiskinpy(m): 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
Everly....still Reping NAIJA

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by iheanyi40(m): 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nawa 4 Nigeria a whole giant of africa undecided
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by continentalceo(m): 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
I love my country! Even if the nija passport can only enter Nija visa free, I go still dey rep Nija big time cus me and you are the change Nigeria is waiting for. A lot of dead heroes spent their entire lives making sure that American, British Canadian, German and Australian passports can Enter as Much countries visa free. So fellow Nigerian, instead of waiting for the change, BE THE CHANGE..

10 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by XketchDesigns(m): 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
GEJ till 20.... grin

3 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by ZUBY77(m): 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
Look at it this way. Nigeria is the most populous black nation.
Blacks are the poorest race in the world.

Give them free access to your country and they will invade you.
They still invade you without free access.

What are Germans, Australians, Swedish and British going to do in America?
Their countries are almost the same in development and mindsets.

Down to Africa,

Gambia is about 4000 square miles. With 1.8 million people.

Kano state is 7800 square miles with 11 million people.

Tell me why Kano people should be encouraged to go to Gambia.

If the 1.8 million people of Gambia come to Kano, nobody will know. And they have empty country.
If 2 million people from Kano go to Gambia, the country sinks into the sea.

Therefore Kano/Nigeria must be stopped from going to Gambia or anywhere by all means. (no free entry)

You must stay here and develop your country.

181 Likes 23 Shares

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
ok daz g00d, daz g00d grin grin
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by vicoloni(m): 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
Am gonna change the color of my passport to red with crayon

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by freecitizn: 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
Smh...the nigerian passport is more of a liability and sets you back way behind your peers globally...
Its all we got anyways...and we all contributed to its status either by action or inaction. Congratulations to all in advance though ....cos it can only get better!

13 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Naija always loosing out on ghuud things since 305AD .... Buh Excelling so well in dubious and fraudulent things since Abacha

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Babyboy1986(m): 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
For where my NETHERLANDS passport enter 185 country.

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by mickyarams: 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Of all the countries Nigeria can visit visa free, only Cape Verde and Barbados is worth visiting. The others are on level Oh God!!

5 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
seeing tinngz
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by omenka(m): 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Giant of Africa my foot!! Mscheeew.

9 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by KillerBeauty(f): 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Bad news 4 Niaja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ibadan To Lagos Train Stuck In The Forest As Fuel Finishes (pictures) / GEJ Trekker, OladeleNihi Involved In Accident (Photos) / Flight That Took Off In 2017 And Landed In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.